The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 53
45
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Buehlar
 





There's only two emotions, love and fear. Does fear breed love? Does love breed fear?


I have heard this before, and I find it totally wrong. There are many emotions, intertwined. and separate.

Saying only two emotions exist , is being very narrow minded about the many emotions the human condition experiences.




posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
From what I read, this is the summary of what the OP was saying; People that say "if there was a God, why is there so much pain in the world?" should realize that God gave man freewill. Pain and suffering are caused by man's hand, not God. Either God gave us freewill to show us we can't act right on our own or as a gift to walk our own path as we see fit, giving us the option to love Him or not. One can't truly love another without freewill.


i doubt that god would give a damn whether we loved him or not. after all, an infinite creator would need nought outside itself, right?

in a universe without separation, an apparent individual could not help but love another.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


you dont address the omnicience comments by karilla because you cannot. omnicience is not compatible with the concept of freewill. any faintly intelligent person would admit that if they were not blinded by the claptrap of christianity that has permeated the brains of many for hundred's of years.

karilla put it exactly as it is and deserves a flag.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Buehlar
 





There's only two emotions, love and fear. Does fear breed love? Does love breed fear?


I have heard this before, and I find it totally wrong. There are many emotions, intertwined. and separate.

Saying only two emotions exist , is being very narrow minded about the many emotions the human condition experiences.


I'm attacking no one here for what they believe and yet I'm found to be narrow of my own mind.
Fear and Love is all we have.
They are many intertwined "feelings" one can experience that stem from these two "separate" emotions. We can use many terms to define these "feelings of emotion" but they can always be traced back to these two sources.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Buehlar
 


I totally disagree ..and I think you were brainwashed into believing that.

There are many reasons for anger....doubt.....joy....just to name a few.

Fear is a natural instinct given to many animals ,and it serves its purpose.

We are not going to agree on this..so save your breath..or your fingers from typing.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Buehlar
 


I totally disagree ..and I think you were brainwashed into believing that.

There are many reasons for anger....doubt.....joy....just to name a few.

Fear is a natural instinct given to many animals ,and it serves its purpose.

We are not going to agree on this..so save your breath..or your fingers from typing.



I have no desire to make you agree with me yet I'm attacked again and now you wish for my speech to be suppressed?
Why do you fear that I'm trying to brainwash you?
Am I a threat unless I sub come to something we can agree on?



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Buehlar
 



No..you have the right to your opinion..but I think you are teaching false things..that's all



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Is this a test to see if you have ADD? Like if you can't finish reading through the whole post you must have ADD?? Then I have ADD...'cause I couldn't finish reading thru your blah blah blahing...hhmm?



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Buehlar
 



No..you have the right to your opinion..but I think you are teaching false things..that's all


No, I'm not a teacher, I'm just another body whom hasn't got all the answers.

Like many others here, I thought it would be ok to share my close minded insights on the topic being discussed about free will.

Do we make our choices based on love or fear?

They just seem to be the undeniable basis of the choices made by mankind.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


man, i;ve seldom come across someone as caught up in the notion of duality as you.

your "god" is a concept of your mind, nothing else.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by 547000
 


One word for that. Metaphor! Also a depiction of whatever controlling elements want you to believe.


The whole Jesus thing was no metaphor, so I have my reason for considering the idea that it might have been real. Even greater minds than mine are wrong on the money as to whether the Jesus thing was a literal happening.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by wardk28
From what I read, this is the summary of what the OP was saying; People that say "if there was a God, why is there so much pain in the world?" should realize that God gave man freewill. Pain and suffering are caused by man's hand, not God. Either God gave us freewill to show us we can't act right on our own or as a gift to walk our own path as we see fit, giving us the option to love Him or not. One can't truly love another without freewill.


i doubt that god would give a damn whether we loved him or not. after all, an infinite creator would need nought outside itself, right?

in a universe without separation, an apparent individual could not help but love another.
imagine this :
out of an idea u create yourself,
you exist but there is noone and nothing around you,
you learn and decide to create and send out fragments in your image for your company,
the fragments decide they are not happy with something and wanna see whether or not you are holding something back from them,
the fragments demand free will to see the truth,
you accept there demand and let them part from you again for millions of years,
how would you feel ?
it must have loved you terribly to let you do such a thing to yourself and it,
when the outcome would be only to find out he was right,
and you should have trusted it and listened
really alot of people believe god is somewhere safe from us up in heaven ,
alot point fingers by saying it is all hes faulth,
alot just do not care bc they do not even believe in thereselfs,
you should try to see that you can give it comfort and a house within you,
it always deserved that ,



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by Brianegan
 


you dont address the omnicience comments by karilla because you cannot. omnicience is not compatible with the concept of freewill. any faintly intelligent person would admit that if they were not blinded by the claptrap of christianity that has permeated the brains of many for hundred's of years.

karilla put it exactly as it is and deserves a flag.

u both get a flag for being faintly intelligent persons , hope you are happy
if at the point where u are now , u have not noticed that we are trying to explain a concept,
that can set u free ,np but i wont even continue bc u will not ever see it , keep pointing fingers and living in fear and selfdoubt, np , it is your life, be my guest. i found the space inbetween



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Buehlar
 


I totally disagree ..and I think you were brainwashed into believing that.

There are many reasons for anger....doubt.....joy....just to name a few.

Fear is a natural instinct given to many animals ,and it serves its purpose.

We are not going to agree on this..so save your breath..or your fingers from typing.

every feeling can be taken to two seperate levels but originates from same element
trust/doubt
joy/anger
each one has an oppisite ,
as long as u make choices between the two,
you are aplying your free will to it,
your calling him brainwashed ,
did you read our thread?
or skipped it untill you could act smart



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by Brianegan
 


man, i;ve seldom come across someone as caught up in the notion of duality as you.

your "god" is a concept of your mind, nothing else.
well ...we decided it is time to learn the lessons to the point of this existance and...
move on.
are u happy when u look into the mirror ,
i bet u will assure me you are, aren't you?



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buehlar

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Buehlar
 



No..you have the right to your opinion..but I think you are teaching false things..that's all


No, I'm not a teacher, I'm just another body whom hasn't got all the answers.

Like many others here, I thought it would be ok to share my close minded insights on the topic being discussed about free will.

Do we make our choices based on love or fear?

They just seem to be the undeniable basis of the choices made by mankind.
it is ok ,
and we thank you for your consideration about the topic we presented,
even if u would have been teaching "false things" ,they have not seen the point of our thread if they continue pointing fingers.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
Is this a test to see if you have ADD? Like if you can't finish reading through the whole post you must have ADD?? Then I have ADD...'cause I couldn't finish reading thru your blah blah blahing...hhmm?
)))you judge yourself only((( .
why even comment if u have not read it?



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777
 



No..and really its my prerogative , to read whatever post I want, and comment on what I choose to comment on.

I think you are way off if you try ,and simplify the human emotional scale.

JOY/ ANGER ?

TRUST/DOUBT ?

c'mon , even anger comes from ,many places..like sadness of a situation , disappointment in others actions, much of it comes from pride.

I think the human being is far more complex , and that's all I will say about it.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by yets777
 



No..and really its my prerogative , to read whatever post I want, and comment on what I choose to comment on.

I think you are way off if you try ,and simplify the human emotional scale.

JOY/ ANGER ?

TRUST/DOUBT ?

c'mon , even anger comes from ,many places..like sadness of a situation , disappointment in others actions, much of it comes from pride.

I think the human being is far more complex , and that's all I will say about it.




Kinda like the "pride" to always be right that stems from the "fear" of being wrong, eh?

Thanks for unwittingly proving the point.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Buehlar
 





Kinda like the "pride" to always be right that stems from the "fear" of being wrong, eh? Thanks for unwittingly proving the point.


Thanks for unwittingly proving , how you so narrowly see things , and make assumptions.

There are many types of pride....and not wanting to be wrong is just one of them....and that does not always stem from fear either.

Not only do you show how narrow minded you are, but how full of pride ,that you can dare think you have the deep understanding of what all emotions stem from, with the insight and knowledge required to be able to teach other humans.





new topics
top topics
 
45
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

log in

join