The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 55
45
<< 52  53  54    56 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
reply to post by Brianegan
 


Hahahahahahaha I just checked my replies.

Displayed the display? L2vocab?

You can believe what you like, but your brand of ignorance is the seed of the destruction of our species. Then again, maybe without globalisation and the human tendency to categorise everything our two latin classifications would be very different.

Open your mind, then open your eyes.

Enjoy your subservience.

Just wanted to add: I find it very interesting how some people are so set in their ideas that they will never waver no matter what happens. Maybe I should have become a psychologist. Nah..... too popular. I bet there are a bunch of papers out there that dissect your problem.

Organised religion preaches a humble approach to life. Such a problem for you and yours. A conundrum of sorts.

Talk to me when you can understand the concept. Until then, I will gladly consider you my intellectual and spiritual inferior. Thats something I don't say lightly, and have never even contemplated saying before. If you live close by I'll come give you a scratch behind the ears.

I don't find the FSM to be a joke, it is a very informative concept. Just like the teapot and all other incarnations of the idea.

I particularly like the way you ignore the modern concept of a rapture. Nice work.
edit on 20-6-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-6-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-6-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)


I never said I was interested in speaking with anyone and honestly you would definately be included in there......When you are ready is when you will speak to me and not a second before. You want a rapture? Think again. You dont deserve it.

When the time comes you better bow.




posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Brianegan
 


Well, I was confused, and to be honest thought you were generally waffling about not very much, until I read the following:


wouldn’t it be smart to let someone who could guide you BC he knew exactly what to do guide you in everything? If that was something that was possible it would create heaven on earth. If that is possible I suggest you start wondering how to do it and get it done. It doesn’t mean the angels are zombies. It just means that if God speaks to you he doesn’t do so for selfish reasons. He does only to help you avoid a major struggle. He merely steps in if you are about to chose something that would inevitably cause you unnecessary pain.


There, you have summed up the dilemma of accepting God's will over our own. He literally knows us better than we know ourselves, and wants only the absolute best for us; the goals, actions, dreams and results that He generated as our highest potential, from the very dawn of Time - nay, even from before Time began.

He won't do it for us, and he won't turn you into a zombie (demon possession, on the other hand...you catch my drift) - everything he plans is for our highest good:

For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD - plans to give you a Future, and a Hope.

I can say that after ten years of slightly misunderstanding God (despite best intentions), I'm finally starting to realise how much He wants to BLESS each and every one of us.

Are you enjoying the blessings, or enduring the curses? Reach out and accept what is offered - the clarification of the Image of God in us - our Highest Potential.

The gift of Free Will is given, in the hope that we might learn to hand it back again...



edit on 20-6-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)



So Im supposed to thank you for a compliment that followed the insult. No thank you. You can keep your hollow comment. I see through you. At least you can agree with the what I wrote. Keep going and come back after you feel apologetic.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


You're some piece of work Brianegan. Where did I ask for thanks?
And it wasn't an insult (wasn't intended as one anyway - more like constructive criticism; you took quite a while to get to the point of what you were aiming at...)

So you see through me do you? I very much doubt that. You seem to think that we can earn the grace of God, and that's a straight-up fallacy. You appear to be quite a character in all honesty, having read a few of the responses. You sir, do not know me, and you never will at this rate. Not that I'm anything special, but like attracts like - the honest, straightforward and down-to-earth approach to spirituality that I practise and 'preach' is quite clearly not something you want to bother with - you wouldn't demonstrate such clear pride and self-worship in and with your creation (this thread) if you were walking the path.

Apologies are not necessary when no 'sin' was committed. I confess my faults before God, and before men when appropriate. This is not one of those times, and as I sense it, the Spirit concurs. I regret only that we couldn't have got off on a better footing, but maybe that was for a reason 'eh?

By the way, when I respond in-thread regarding matters of spirituality, I address the crowd, not exclusively the OP. Because that's how it works, friend - we are instruments of grace. Not by our wisdom, but by the Spirit of God. We ain't perfect, and sometimes (read as 'often') speak from our own imperfect spirit; however, in general we seek to spread positive messages and guide others wherever possible.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've always been a big believer in fate and "everything happens for a reason" and that hasn't let me down so far despite hardships so I assume that plays a part in this "Free Will vs God's Will" debate?



posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Brianegan
 


You're some piece of work Brianegan. Where did I ask for thanks?
And it wasn't an insult (wasn't intended as one anyway - more like constructive criticism; you took quite a while to get to the point of what you were aiming at...)

So you see through me do you? I very much doubt that. You seem to think that we can earn the grace of God, and that's a straight-up fallacy. You appear to be quite a character in all honesty, having read a few of the responses. You sir, do not know me, and you never will at this rate. Not that I'm anything special, but like attracts like - the honest, straightforward and down-to-earth approach to spirituality that I practise and 'preach' is quite clearly not something you want to bother with - you wouldn't demonstrate such clear pride and self-worship in and with your creation (this thread) if you were walking the path.

Apologies are not necessary when no 'sin' was committed. I confess my faults before God, and before men when appropriate. This is not one of those times, and as I sense it, the Spirit concurs. I regret only that we couldn't have got off on a better footing, but maybe that was for a reason 'eh?

By the way, when I respond in-thread regarding matters of spirituality, I address the crowd, not exclusively the OP. Because that's how it works, friend - we are instruments of grace. Not by our wisdom, but by the Spirit of God. We ain't perfect, and sometimes (read as 'often') speak from our own imperfect spirit; however, in general we seek to spread positive messages and guide others wherever possible.


your mind will change



posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7
 


It's a very true principle, and I admire your open-mindedness. Live by it - expect guidance and synchronicity. But also, expect obstacles and opposition.

Ask to be led. Ask, seek, knock. The Reality will become clear to you, if it has not already.

You are in a good place by the look of things, in terms of your mindset, intentions and your walk upon the path through this crazy old world.

All the best (and I speculatively address you as) friend. Hope it is well with you as the future unfolds. Equally I wish the same to everyone else who reads these words.

FYI, all of you -

(IMHO), things are hotting up in the NWO campaign (to depopulate and spark global chaos, in order that they can come out from the bunkers at a suitable time to loot all the resources/ herald in a fascist dictatorship). Obama, Cameron and the like - they're puppet rulers; the emperors without clothes.

The shadow rulers are 'evil' - or to put it a less cliched way, they are 'willfully disobedient to the Truth of Natural Law' (the law of conscience). They have no compunction about committing genocide, killing the women & children, the disabled & downtrodden.

HOWEVER - they will be dealt with (neutralised) at an appropriate point in Time. Have faith.

Cheers,

Fly.



posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment
 


Thanks for the kind words Fly and yeah, as I said I've suffered hardships as we all do at some point and am going through a tough time even now but the way I see it, if I hadn't had one experience in college, it wouldn't have led me all these years later to gain the experience and knowledge I now have nor would I have found ATS and good people like yourself or the knowledge and information provided in such insightful threads.

That's why I was thinking, if fate is actually "God's will" and the hard times put before me over the years are a test of faith then perhaps I'm actually succeeding so far and will reap the benefit in future by living in more prosperous and free times whenever that happens?



posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
You can't prove God exists any more than I can prove he/she/whatever doesn't. It all comes down to beliefs - you have yours and everyone else is entitled to their own. What will aggravate most readers is your attempt to 'force' your beliefs on others. Please (oh please) correct me if I am wrong but doesn't God want us to make the choice to believe in him? If that is the case - why are you trying to force others to believe. It seems hypocritical to me.


you know i know God exists, because he answers my prayers.



posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7
 


You've inspired me to write a thread, and I will message you to let you know when it's' ready...


if fate is actually "God's will" and the hard times put before me over the years are a test of faith then perhaps I'm actually succeeding so far and will reap the benefit in future by living in more prosperous and free times whenever that happens?


A quick point (from which I started contemplating the thread idea)

Fate is destiny unfulfilled. Fate is passive, destiny is active. Take hold of your destiny and achieve the highest possible good for your circumstances, character type and life experience etc. We are made in God's image, so the saying goes - the IMAGE is that 'highest potential in us which reflects God's characteristics and plan for us.

Characters develop in the world because there is a need. Martin Luther, Ghandi, JFK - these guys were needed at that precise moment in history. Will you join the ranks? The (somewhat informal) Brotherhood of Light? That brother/sister-hood is reunited One Fine Day, when we all discover how closely linked our individual lives and choices were, and how we were acting in harmony with the Universal plan when we followed the voice of our conscience, the Drive of our spirit...

Being true to yourself is being true to that which is the image of God in you. Your highest potential. Or in other words, 'accepting your position in the universe, living in an open-handed / open-minded way, and making the most of it'.

Ask for guidance in such contemplations, and you will be surprised at what can happen, if you are sincere, trusting and open-minded. Which I think we've determined you are! God answers prayers, and responds magnificently to sincere meditations. You are asking, you are seeking; now you need to be persistent, and keep on knocking at Heaven's door.

Best of everything to you man.


Fly.



ETA - Great words from ooOpinMinded, post above this. Simple, direct and to the point. 'Spot on', as we say in the UK.
edit on 24-6-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
To the OP whatever you reckon mate



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Brianegan
 


You're some piece of work Brianegan. Where did I ask for thanks?
And it wasn't an insult (wasn't intended as one anyway - more like constructive criticism; you took quite a while to get to the point of what you were aiming at...)

So you see through me do you? I very much doubt that. You seem to think that we can earn the grace of God, and that's a straight-up fallacy. You appear to be quite a character in all honesty, having read a few of the responses. You sir, do not know me, and you never will at this rate. Not that I'm anything special, but like attracts like - the honest, straightforward and down-to-earth approach to spirituality that I practise and 'preach' is quite clearly not something you want to bother with - you wouldn't demonstrate such clear pride and self-worship in and with your creation (this thread) if you were walking the path.

Apologies are not necessary when no 'sin' was committed. I confess my faults before God, and before men when appropriate. This is not one of those times, and as I sense it, the Spirit concurs. I regret only that we couldn't have got off on a better footing, but maybe that was for a reason 'eh?

By the way, when I respond in-thread regarding matters of spirituality, I address the crowd, not exclusively the OP. Because that's how it works, friend - we are instruments of grace. Not by our wisdom, but by the Spirit of God. We ain't perfect, and sometimes (read as 'often') speak from our own imperfect spirit; however, in general we seek to spread positive messages and guide others wherever possible.


It is vanity to state that you claim 100% for a fact to be aware of all your sins and no manner of truth can tell you otherwise (please tell me you see thsi point). Plain and simple. Trust me, theres some stuff youre not seeing because you wont look at it (and youre not alone). When you do eventually look at it you will understand what I have done here and at that point you will realize that, yes, it was for a reason.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I've always been a big believer in fate and "everything happens for a reason" and that hasn't let me down so far despite hardships so I assume that plays a part in this "Free Will vs God's Will" debate?


Well done.Believe in those things and you have made a wise choice because it fits in just perfect.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by curious7
 


It's a very true principle, and I admire your open-mindedness. Live by it - expect guidance and synchronicity. But also, expect obstacles and opposition.

Ask to be led. Ask, seek, knock. The Reality will become clear to you, if it has not already.

You are in a good place by the look of things, in terms of your mindset, intentions and your walk upon the path through this crazy old world.

All the best (and I speculatively address you as) friend. Hope it is well with you as the future unfolds. Equally I wish the same to everyone else who reads these words.

FYI, all of you -

(IMHO), things are hotting up in the NWO campaign (to depopulate and spark global chaos, in order that they can come out from the bunkers at a suitable time to loot all the resources/ herald in a fascist dictatorship). Obama, Cameron and the like - they're puppet rulers; the emperors without clothes.

The shadow rulers are 'evil' - or to put it a less cliched way, they are 'willfully disobedient to the Truth of Natural Law' (the law of conscience). They have no compunction about committing genocide, killing the women & children, the disabled & downtrodden.

HOWEVER - they will be dealt with (neutralised) at an appropriate point in Time. Have faith.

Cheers,

Fly.


Did you really just try to change the subject in someone elses thread.....Wow........Good luck with that......Have faith that I wouldnt let that happen funny man.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment
 


Thanks for the kind words Fly and yeah, as I said I've suffered hardships as we all do at some point and am going through a tough time even now but the way I see it, if I hadn't had one experience in college, it wouldn't have led me all these years later to gain the experience and knowledge I now have nor would I have found ATS and good people like yourself or the knowledge and information provided in such insightful threads.

That's why I was thinking, if fate is actually "God's will" and the hard times put before me over the years are a test of faith then perhaps I'm actually succeeding so far and will reap the benefit in future by living in more prosperous and free times whenever that happens?


Bingo. and doing it even in the face of doubt is why its perfect. well done....



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
To the OP whatever you reckon mate


smart man. Noted



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


I see your point, and in a way it's a fair one; nobody can be 100% aware of all the sins they commit.

However, as per the Book of Psalms:

"My sins are ever before me"

As in, I am fully aware that I commit them, and I do my best to avoid them, and in humility I ask for grace to walk uprightly wherever possible. God sees them, but luckily for us, he will cast them into the Ocean of Forgetfulness, and LITERALLY won't remember them (all-powerful, can self-limit for the sake of Grace), so long as we walk in humility before Him.

That's my true and honest opinion on that subject. He doesn't hold our inevitable crimes against us, so long as we walk with 'a right spirit within' - which as you will know, is also a gift for which we should be thankful.

After all, which of us created ourselves, or dictated the circumstances of our life, or saved us from being hit by a bus last Thursday at ten past four in the afternoon when we were late collecting the children from Karate..?

This is the way I live my life. I am thankful, and I try to walk rightly before God and Men.


ETA -

When you do eventually look at it you will understand what I have done here and at that point you will realize that, yes, it was for a reason.


Sorry dude, but that's plain ridiculous. Anyone reading through our exchange will see quite clearly that you have absolutely zero to offer me, or any genuine seeker who practices introspection and walks with God.

Your arrogance, selfishness, mean-spiritedness and lack of metaphysical/spiritual understanding are crystal clear. IMHO.
edit on 29-6-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


I see that no matter how constructive I try to be (remember the point about addressing the crowd, not just the OP?) you are more selfish than I had given you 'credit' for...

'Funny man'..? Really..?

Sheesh.
back atcha.

I wasn't talking to you, I was sharing my thoughts with a new friend, who happened to be on this thread, and who also directly asked a question based on something I had written. I was answering the question. If anyone else who happened to be following the thread got something from it, then the task has been completed according to the intention it was written with; to be helpful...

Why are you so obsessed with holding your petty little creation so close to your chest? Do you ascribe your measure of self-worth by the level to which you are able to control the flow of conversation in a thread?

It's poor form, and as per 'Dragons Den' (excellent show here in the UK), "I'm out". This will be my last comment - and if you are indeed as I expect you to be, a snotty comment along the lines of 'good riddance' will surely follow. What a shame.

You know, people go off on a tangent and have little arguments/ discussions in my threads all the time - I enjoy it, as it brings variety and shows that people were inspired to new levels of thought by the words I put down originally, or by their own interactions and inputs during the course of the thread's progress.

Why is it so painful for you that people aren't directly involving you in the conversation at every step? It seems a deep-rooted flaw imho. As for me, being (similarly to you, and everyone..) non-perfect, I tend to wilfully seek out my own character flaws, through self-inspection, reflection on the day's events and prayer/meditation etc. I suggest you do the same.

Best of luck dealing with that selfish streak.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


I think he was being sarcastic, but I could be wrong.

All the best, Brian.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with Fly here, discussions go on tangents all the time in real life as on forums and while most were quick to argue or attack, some of us tried to make sense of the world around us and the point of the OP.

Nothing personal against you Brian whatsoever, I'm sure somewhere in there you do believe you're helping people but I don't see how picking fights with other good people like Fly can benefit yourself or the threads.

Isn't it better to have similar yet differing views and opinions so that those reading information for the first time can choose which they feel in agreement with? Now this isn't a sleight on you or anybody else who may do a similar thing but this thread and others authored by yourself do seem to be confusing and vague. Whether you do that on purpose to allow people to work for themselves to figure things out, I just don't know and can only speculate but Fly is also a respected member here to quite a few people and what he says could potentially aid what you also say.

To go back and forth with sarcasm and aggression is unnecessary in my view.

You wasn't here for some time and so my question was answered by Fly while you had issues to tend to that are more important than ATS and its forum. His answer resonated with me and then when you returned and gave your reply, it was also of a similar nature to Fly's yet was more praise than explaining why I might be on the right track and what to possibly do next if anything.

I honestly think the two of you could work together on whatever message is to be spread if both of you so desire it. Fly extended the olive branch initially and you seem to have refused and seemingly attacked which is a shame for all.

Both of you are my friends and brothers in this life and the next and I hate to see a family feud.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7
 


Thanks for the gracious words and the moves to build bridges. I really appreciate a good exchange of ideas, and often find that people who share similar opinions on most things, yet differ on some of the fundamentals, can spark the most creative and constructive discussions.

A great example of this is myself and System Resistor. He has some stunning insights into the nature of - unsurprisingly, in accord with his screen name, 'systems', and primarily that of the universal matrices of control.

However, we differ vastly on quite a key point, which is that of morality, and the existence (or otherwise) of 'absolute morailty' - in other words, the reality of a system of morality that affects and encompasses the sentient reflections of all beings. I believe that such exists, and call that phenomenon we experience as 'conscience' the system by which the Creative force responsible for the Universe (God, to use regular parlance) aids us to stay in a positive focus/ entrainment. System Resistor believes that morality is fluid, according to initial starting conditions etc (a very loose and possibly inaccurate reflection of his beliefs - I have yet to delve into some of the sources he has provided to learn more about his perspective..)

So yeah - we are made whole as a race, and as children of the Universe, in our acceptance, tolerance and even love of each other in spite of our differences of opinion. Such should never cause us to reject each other; rather we should always be striving to fully understand the perspective of those who we share this grand environment with. I used to be a rather intolerant bigot (by unfortunate associated indoctrination) and it was only fairly recently that I realised that God places no limitations upon his own Grace towards us, and as a result we should similarly be utterly, completely and incessantly gracious with each other.

Of course, we are 'only human' - or a fallen reflection of our potential as a creation in the image of God - and as a result we can bicker and fall out quite easily. Falling out is human; patching things up and learning to live together, be appreciative of the contributions we can all bring etc, is' divine'...


edit on 29-6-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, formatting.





new topics
 
45
<< 52  53  54    56 >>

log in

join