It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion Supports a One World Government? (Buddhism does not).

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by pepsi78

I always assumed suicide bombing was the religion of suicide, a convenient way for the pentagon's enemies to get rid of themselves as opposed to having to do it with military funds.

This link may be of intest to you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Your question was originally, what religion supports a new world government. Without getting into any religion bashing I would like to give you my opinion. Below is some research I've been working on. Just take a look at what is here and please, do some research on your own.

A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”
– Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?
– Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Program

“We have an informal network at the UN,
a humanity underground. It consists of those who are
committed, aware, and striving to bring the New World to birth.”
- Aquarian Age Community

One of the New Age organizations that is officially accredited to the United Nations:

The Lucis Trust
This organisation was originally founded in the 1920s by the renowned occultist Alice Bailey under the name of the Lucifer Publishing Company. The Trust is recognised by the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and is represented at regular briefing sessions at the UN. The Lucis Trust is also a member of the UN Economic and Social Council. Interestingly Robert Muller served as the Secretary of this Council for many years. Until recently the Lucis Trust was located at 666 United Nations Plaza and lists its official sponsors as the UN, Greenpeace and Amnesty International.

Want to know more about the Green Agenda, check the site.........

www.green-agenda.com...

WELCOME TO TRIANGLES OF LIGHT

We invite you to join the worldwide network of Triangles. Everyone of good will who believes in the power of thought or prayer and is willing to follow these simple instructions, is invited to join Triangles.

This is a world service activity for those who wish to lift and aid humanity for a better life, a better world.

These interlaced Triangles are beaming light and love to humanity.

www.trianglesoflight.org...

A bit on Alice Bailey, the creator of the Lucis Trust.

www.kheper.net...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

reply to post by pepsi78

I always assumed suicide bombing was the religion of suicide, a convenient way for the pentagon's enemies to get rid of themselves as opposed to having to do it with military funds.

This link may be of intest to you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sounds like eco-facism, global warming hoax, they play off of everyone's innate instinct to care for the environment, but then they twist it around to make it fascism.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pagan_night

Interesting, and I would agree that those people do support a one world government. The eco fascists and the UN.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Mod edit: T&C violation comment from other poster removed. [/q]

Well Christians aren't really the smartest people in the world, don't blame me.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

News flash there arent that many smart people in the world period

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Surely religions such as paganism and taoism and the like, wouldn't be to enthusiastic about a one world goverment and all that would entail. Big industry/goverment not exactly falling in to line with the core beliefs of said religions.

Any of the mainstream religions have been to subverted down the years to truly oppose the ideology of a one world goverment,

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The biblical revelations are obtuse and open to interpretation, kinda like the rapture that didn't happen, and all the other raptures that were supposed to happen but don't. Buddhism is very clear on suffering being caused by impermanence and desire.

This has to do with the one world government because three of the major religions is about serving a system that is inherently linked to government, whereas Buddhism is not linked to any type of government.

It's "The Revelation", not "revelations", and it's quite clear actually. Also Christ Himself said that no one would know the day and hour of the Rapture, so all the date-setting is from men, not from the Bible. The Bible is crystal clear that the date is known only to God Himself, not even to Christ.

Others have already said this, but Christianity does not support a OWG as you claim, in fact Christians have long warned the world that when you see a OWG that it's a sign that the Tribulation is near or has begun. A OWG is a sign that the evil one has gained control of the world as predicted in the Bible.

Catholicism is another matter entirely, it would not surprise me if they were to fully back a OWG. Too many people confuse Catholicism with Christianity, they're not the same, not at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well Christians aren't really the smartest people in the world, don't blame me.

Ah, so you have to stoop to this in order to "support" your arguments? The people of ATS deserve more than this. You're not on an elementary school playground, try and use your intellect instead of stooping to pointless name-calling. Again, we DO NOT support a OWG. We WARN about the OWG as a sign of the End Times. Huge difference. The OWG is the last thing we want to see, because it will mean the antichrist is either in power or will soon be.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

How does one avoid "nonchalance in regards to human suffering"?

By promoting love and the proven benefits of solidarity in civilisation. In essense, you asked me how do we avoid evil. If we consider the prevention of suffering as our moral goal, it's quite easy to demonstrate why it's a good thing for our civilisation.

Why should one avoid it?

Sometimes people attempt to avoid human suffering, not just because they care for others, but for self-benefit.

For example, I could promote sanitation in a given community, not just for the well-being of others, but less they come round my house riddled with disease. This is a useful and a moral/caring act.

Is there any intellectual philosophy that is 1.) true, and 2.) forces the believer to care at the core of their being about the sufferings of other people?

Well sure, i've just explained one example above.

If there is not, then what are you talking about?

Is it perhaps possible that the virtue of caring about others is not something that is realized through intellectual gynmastics?

My position isn't nihilism. But when anyone asks "what is the meaning of life (without God) My response has often been "only but the meaning you attribute to it"

I care because it's something i can't help inside, it's innate in me, as a thinking being, as an empathetic being; i can see the benefits of soldarity in regards to the future of our species (and others).

It's not relativism either, and i don't imagine there's too many people who actually wish for humanity to suffer, who wish for destruction, who crave to inflict pain. Of course, there are some, and we have to reason those as sociopaths or psycopaths, and statiscally they are an anonomoly within our civilisation.

Put it this way, if we have more people that want to kill and cause suffering than those who don't, do you really think our species would last?

And if we were that way inclined by nature, we wouldn't have come this far in our evolutionary path either.
edit on 1/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Beware of scapegoats. Anyone can use a religion as an excuse to rule the world, but look at the ones pulling the strings, not the puppets themselves. We should work to cut those strings, not condemn one another. While all three Abrahamic religions have been used to create war and conflict throughout their history, there is places where they coexist together and even with other faiths just fine. The meek inherit, the condemning lose.

Your condemning with little understanding of what you condemn. If you want to see a fuller picture of Christianity for example, read some of the Gnostic text. You'll see it's similar to Buddhism and has no ties to politics (as if regular Christianity does?) but is about liberating ourselves from this world.

Cheers.
edit on 1/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

With respect, l suggest you spend a little of your time listening to some of the speeches Ahmadinejad has made. The one he made at the UN would be a good place to start. l am sure you cannot be one of those people who blindly accept what the MSM tells you without checking the facts for yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think all religions support a one world government.

Reason? This is my opinion/thought : Like say if 90% of the world were Christians, they'll eventually do anything to convert everybody else (by killing, giving money etc.) so that everyone in the world believes in their god.

Same with any other religions. Everyone thinks that their god is "the only god", if that makes any sense.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There are some false forms of Buddhism out there but if you want a philosophy that is about the logic of the absolute than original Buddhism is the place to go. The website has been shut down but you can find it by googling Aryan buddhism.

Basically Buddhism is about personal salvation through meditation so there is no room for a one world government. It's just not very likely that a U.S. president will be Buddhist.
edit on 1-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

l think your assumptions of many religions are wrong. lran has Moslems, Christians, Buddhists and Jews in the thousnds living in peace together. The reason this is possible is because each has respect for each other. lf, as you seem to imply, lslam is so intolerant of other religions how can this be?
Believe it or not. lslam is a very tolerant religion, lran has not declared war on any country for two hundred years, can we say the same?
Ask your self this. lf lslam is so violent, why do the west have to keep creating False Flags?
Peace starchild.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a one world government would want everybody to worship the one they do. he goes by the name satan. and they will proclaim to be Christian, and will do unimaginable horrors and atrocities in it's name, to cause hate and anger towards God.

just like they have been doing since they crucified Christ on the cross.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
OP....lets step outside of all preconceived 'paths'.

Do you support world unity? At the will of the people....?

Is the world better off if we all continue to fight for our rights to be separate?

Is there a more prime path of betterment if the world becomes aware at the worth of our species if we stand together?

Instead of looking at world unity through the path of world government, maybe you can step outside of that and see that only our highest potentials will come as a united species and sphere.

So are you against, through the will and understanding of the people themselves, world unity?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

There are some false forms of Buddhism out there but if you want a philosophy that is about the logic of the absolute than original Buddhism is the place to go. The website has been shut down but you can find it by googling Aryan buddhism.

Basically Buddhism is about personal salvation through meditation so there is no room for a one world government. It's just not very likely that a U.S. president will be Buddhist.

From what I understand, Buddhism is not about personal salvation at all...but helps free the being from the 'self' it thinks it is. Its not about saving the self, but freeing from the self.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And world unity does not have to involve any god at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join