It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion Supports a One World Government? (Buddhism does not).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Christianity supports a one world government because Christians believe God created the universe, so the world order is already in place, which gives Christian government justification of performing "God's work" which is really just the work of the state.

Islam wants all nations to be under Sharia Law which is an austere set of laws

Judaism wants all nations to be subservient to God and his chosen people.

Buddhism wants each individual to reach nirvana.

One may argue that China is Buddhist because they are atheist, but how is slaughtering innocent considered compassionate, which was one of the Buddha's virtues? I say this to argue that China is not a Buddhist nation. Further proof of this is the political separation between Tibet and China, and the controversy between China and the Dali Lama. Buddhists are if anything the victims of tyranny as opposed to the tyrants.

Thus, Buddhism does not support a one world order. The Buddha stated that he only teaches Aryas, the noble, who have but little dust in the eyes, and thus the large majority of the world will never be Buddhist.

Buddhism is about compassion and equality towards all things, which is against the control mechanism in place in every government in the world.

Buddhism is about the end of birth and death, and thus represents a stopping of reincarnation, which is freedom from the shackles of a one world order.

Christianity is about God's love, and that love could be beneficial, but not if it is manipulated to deceive. If someone thinks they are helping a charity (Red Cross) but the charity is run by thieves (Bush and Clinton) then it is not a act of piety.

Islam is about martyrdom defeating the non-believers. While this is noble it can be miscontrued to turn into suicide bombing.

Israel is about the omniscience of God, but this just turns a person into a weak mortal and separates them from the eternal.

Buddhism can be misinterpreted to be a type of nihilism, but at least then you would have a person who is not motivated enough to become a world dictator, although his instincts may be leading in that direction.

edit on 1-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Ok, but have you ever considered that comparing Buddhism to all these other world religions in this way is increasing the chance of hostility being shown towards Buddhists? Do not Buddhists try to steer clear of "crusading", or trying to convert others to their religion? From what I understand the Dalai Lama strictly warns against doing such things.

Would it not be more productive to compare the compatible aspects of said religions, if you had to compare at all? Just asking...

Peace friend.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
ive recently started studying buddhism and when i first read your post i wanted to say that it would be such a good thing if everyone could think like this, but then i changed my mind and realised that if buddhism became more widespread it too would become manipulated such as christianity is. it too would become a force for control and oppression as all religions are. great post though

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not sure where you get the idea that Christianity is pro-NWO. I mean, the Pope is, but Catholicism is not Christianity. Malachi Martin admitted that Satanists had infiltrated the church...

Anyway, just like the fake "spokesperson" for Christianity, the Pope is pro-NWO, the "spokesperson" for Buddhism, the Dalai Lama, (on the CIA payroll to boot) is pro-NWO via the United Religions Initiative.

www.uri.org...

www.uri.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Christianity supports a one world government because Christians believe God created the universe, so the world order is already in place, which gives Christian government justification of performing "God's work" which is really just the work of the state.

ABSURD!

Christianity was the only "religion" (you used the term, not I) that warned of the end-times global cabal that would arise. John warned about this in Revelation and Christians since have been on the lookout for the final beast government, a 10 nation/region coalition that would encompass the entire globe.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash
Not sure where you get the idea that Christianity is pro-NWO.

I am so glad I was not the only one who thought that.

There are several different forms of Christianity.
Traditional Christians
Orthodox Christians
Evangelical Christians
and many more,

which form are you referring to ???

I am Evangelical Christian and I do
not believe in a NWO system of government.
And frankly, I don't think my God cares
one way or the other who sits in elected
offices or who sits in the CEO chair at the
world bank.

edit on 6/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

lol budda

notice how nobody else has reached enlightenment including the dalai lama ?

buddism just has its own slavery and brain washing by suckering in chumps to dedicate there lives into a useless cause that only special beings can acheive but give the illusion that every man can recieve

you know..... nirvana?

the imaginary promise like religion and heaven =)

everyone is full of # including the buddists .... everyone hides behind there false promises and "good deeds for humanity "

best thing would be to invest all our resources into spaceships so all the religions cults and brainwashing scams can have there own planets that they can infest ... and the rest of us can go into a neutral planet

"China To Obama: Dalai Lama Was A Slave Master In Tibet "

but whos gonna believe silly china right?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

they all act cute when they are minoirty in power ....

give them power

and what was the quote ?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Buddhists are well known for their arguments. The Buddha spent 40 years spreading his teachings, including getting in arguments with others about what the truth is. Of course he used reason and logic more so than anger or fists.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
ive recently started studying buddhism and when i first read your post i wanted to say that it would be such a good thing if everyone could think like this, but then i changed my mind and realised that if buddhism became more widespread it too would become manipulated such as christianity is. it too would become a force for control and oppression as all religions are. great post though

That would be unlikely since only a small minority has the insight to see the truths of Buddhism. Too many people would be swept away by other more appealing philosophies that are not as austere.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Well I'm not sure if the Dali Lami is on the CIA pay roll, that's a new one, but you don't have to worship him to be a Buddhist, you don't even have to worship the Buddha, it's about truth more so than worship.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Buddhism predicted that the world will be engulfed by ignorance, greed, and hatred. This is universally true, as opposed to a revelation that may or may not happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You see filosophia, now you have people trashing Buddhism and spreading lies about it, such as; the Dalai Lama is a CIA spy
, and no one since Buddha has reached enlightenment
. Maybe that is what you intended o happening, huh?

People: filosophia does not speak for Buddhists! If you want to attack someone, attack the messenger not Buddhism. True Christianity is not a Pro-NWO, that is just silly and disrespectful to say.
edit on 1-6-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

The dalai lama represents Buddhism gone the way of Christianity, where a ruling elite uses religion to undermine the people. And unlike what is commonly believed the Dalai Lama is NOT the buddhist pope. He is just the leader of Tibetan buddhism, which is a dramatically culturalized form of buddhism that creates a caste system where monks represent the upper classes.

Buddhism as taught by Guatama Buddha (the original buddhism) or other forms of buddhism such as Chan/Zen buddhism do not underly any authority, and expressly warn against it.

It is common knowledge to true buddhists that a teacher can only point you in a direction and give you a pat on the back, he cant bring you to enlightenment and no one can lead you there. T

Buddhism does not care about government in any way shape or form, as long as government does not interfere with the indiviual pursuit of enlightenment. This interference is all too common, however, and therefore it leads to the militarization of certain buddhist followings.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

While the Dalai Lama is not perfect, he is single handily standing up to China. I'd like to see you do that. Heck, I'd like to see our American president try and do that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

You see filosophia, now you have people trashing Buddhism and spreading lies about it, such as; the Dalai Lama is a CIA spy
, and no one since Buddha has reached enlightenment
. Maybe that is what you intended o happening, huh?

People: filosophia does not speak for Buddhists! If you want to attack someone, attack the messenger not Buddhism. True Christianity is not a Pro-NWO, that is just silly and disrespectful to say.
edit on 1-6-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

All that matters is the truth. The fact that people make up lies just proves that a real and rational philosophy will never catch on mainstream. It's a good thing, so that it can never have tyrannical power.

And Christianity is a religion based on servitude to a God that doesn't exist. So defend Christianity if you wish, I will continue to defend Buddhism, or rather, my interpretation of Buddhism. I care not how others feel about the truth, it is still the truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin

Buddhism does not care about government in any way shape or form, as long as government does not interfere with the indiviual pursuit of enlightenment.

Which is why the Dalai Lama seeks Tibetan independence from China. While he's not perfect, this is a noble thing, not unlike mahatma gandhi

link   

budda isnt about truth its about meditation

just like other religions and cults they try and sell "truth"

they have nothing of the sort

meditation relax the body sure

truth? hardly ...suckering people in to dedicate there lives so they can reach nirvana and enlightenement

hogwash

"What or where is Nirvana?"

It is a dimension transcending time and space and thus is difficult to talk about or even to think about. Words and thoughts being only suited to describe the time-space dimension. But because Nirvana is beyond time, there is no movement and so no aging or dying

But is there any proof that such a dimension exists?

No, there is not. But its existence can be inferred. If there is a dimension where time and space do operate and there is such a dimension - the world we experience, then we can infer that there is a dimension where time and space do not operate - Nirvana. Again, even though we cannot prove Nirvana exists, we have the Buddha's word that it does exist

(insert buddas sugar coated words to hide the truth here)

www.buddhanet.net...

please if religion or a cult is this easy to make i should really start my own

just look at how many gullable people are here on ats lol

nobody needs reason and logic facts and evidence experiments and observations

when we can get away with # like "But its existence can be inferred"

i have this unicorn magical place ... you guys wanna come ?

don't worry about proof of where it is just take my word for it

i have a gut feeling lol

link   
This one does...

Baha'i Faith

It's their goal to start...

Stated goal: Bahá’ís reside in more than 100,000 localities around the world, an expansion that reflects their dedication to the ideal of world citizenship.
edit on 6/1/2011 by theindependentjournal because: To add their statement from their page...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Nirvana is not a dimension, it is the end of rebirth. It can only be described through the negative. A state of zero suffering. Even an atheist must agree that this state exists (death), however Buddhism sees this as the unborn, neither birth nor death. That's the difference between a nihilist and a Buddhist, one believes in annihilation, the other believes in liberation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Buddhism predicted that the world will be engulfed by ignorance, greed, and hatred. This is universally true, as opposed to a revelation that may or may not happen.

Those ills of society have always been present. Anyways, that has nothing to do with the title of this thread or my reply. This is about the NWO/One World government. Which was predicted by both Daniel before Christ and by john in Revelation in 95 AD.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join