It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Three choices.

Either you shut up and wait like a man.
Or you can invade her human rights and kill it yourself or force her to get an abortion
Or come to a mutual agreement.

Or you could be like every other religious redneck and keep the kid, and that kid growing up to be one he'll of a f**k up.

God doesn't count the dead, trillions of organisms came before you on this one earth. Trillions more will come after, one organism doesn't make a difference. Most humans are genetically imbred anyway, so in a certain light, your doing them a favor by not giving them conscience thought.

I was against abortion, I had a gf I knocked up in high school, and wanted her to keep the child. Secretly I wanted to be a dad but letter it up to her. She was going to get an abortion and the day before she miscarried.

The moral of the story is, if your not ready for something, take the other options, so two lives aren't ruined and one isn't going to brought up in that ruin.

Do you understand, is this processing at all for you?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes I have taken biology, why are you going off topic?

This is my opinion on the subject, and to move away from the subject at hand to my personal education seems very off topic. So what is I took biology or didn't. Does this make my opinions void?

Does one morality have to be based on schooling? Or is this your way of discrediting an opinion that differs from yours?

Naturally organisms mate, then either stick together or go their separate ways. But humans are designed to stick together, but to run off topic, and try to make this personal in some way is your way of expressing yourself, then by all means express yourself. Belittle me if you have to, seems all anyone try's to do to get their point across, no? .
edit on 1-6-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Abortion is necessary in some cases. You should be ready for when you want a kid. Do not judge those who have been put in a position that you have never been in.

Do you judge murderers?

Do you judge people who rape children?

We judge all the time...and I judge women who have abortions harshly...right up there with baby killers and child molestors....even worse in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Does one morality have to be based on schooling? Or is this your way of discrediting an opinion that differs from yours?

You weren't speaking of morality...you were speaking of biology...which you seem to mis-understand.

Naturally organisms mate, then either stick together or go their separate ways. But humans are designed to stick together.

Naturally...humans don't kill their babies. Naturally...female humans don't pay another person to puncture their unborn babies skull and suck out the brains with a vaccum.

But yeah...I think you have a point

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So to you, a child rapist isn't as bad, as not bringing up that child to be possibly raped?
I do not judge rapists or murders, I condemn them.

Your opinions could be based off over sensitivity to the subject, or your religious values. Hey perhaps you were one visit away from being aborted?

You seem to be emotionally tied wi the subject, somewhat is it that makes you judge women so harshly for not raising that kid? Just because someone is capable of having kids, doesn't mean they should.

Think of it as a new level of natural selection, but more intense and no real selection.

For me to consider your opinion were you raised by married parents or a single parent(s)?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you don't feel emotion of babies being murdered...then I can see how you think abortion is ok.

Some people just have really poor morals...it appears that is your case.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Bearack

Abortion is necessary in some cases. You should be ready for when you want a kid. Do not judge those who have been put in a position that you have never been in. You cannot put yourself in their shoes, thus your opinion in the matter is nullified.

Some women cannot afford it, either they weren't ready or their seed ran off, for another woman, it is illogical to raise a child with low income.

Others are raped, and do not want a reminder of that pain, also something you cannot empathize with.
Some are not ready emotionally, and to bring a child in a emotionally unstable environment can cause mental disorders in their later life.

The rest could not withstand their biological urges and if they are not ready, an abortion is in their option.

Many reasons, you seem to blindly ignore

I was the father that was NOT given the choice. She told me to bad and aborted the child. I even offered to pay all medical and take the child but she refused so don't give me your balderdash statement that I wasn't impacted!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If you don't feel emotion of babies being murdered...then I can see how you think abortion is ok.

Some people just have really poor morals...it appears that is your case.

Your missing the point of my lecture, if the parent(s) are not emotionally ready or financially prepared, then raising a kid is pointless. Either cas is going to take that kid away, causing a level of disattachment. (that's what happens when your separated from your parents at an early age)

If a couple (even teenagers) are e optionally capable, and have money to buy for the clothes and food and meds for the kid, then by all means they should have that kid.

My point is if they aren't ready, look at the youth today, you see some good kids, and others are from poor families who cannot afford basic health care or even food. Why should they bring a kid into a world like that? Why bring someone to be tortured?

On the lighter side of this subject, if two cousins do something they shouldn't then that justifies abortion right there, why bring up a kid that is genetically inferior (small gene pool) or mentally retarded.

So I can turn this around to you, make you look like the bad guy.

For the record, I do feel emotion, I just don't let it blind my judgment. Incase you haven't noticed humans are overly emotional, and let it cloud their judgment. From subjects like these even down to mating, too blind by emotion, to see what is logical and what isn't.

Out of am population of 7 billion (and climbing) what is a few thousand unborn babies? Even if all of new York died right now that's only .007% of total human population. So really a few thousand here and there, isn't anything.

Should the poor be having kids left and right, just so they grow up and die hungry or sick?.

I believe I made my point, no longer need to troll

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Articles like this bother me. The man has no problem putting his penis in the womans vagina, knowing the consequences of his actions. The child isnt asking to be born. Only because the man chooses to be a coward and run away the child has to suffer? What im basically saying is TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. The woman didnt get herself pregnant. Oh and if the woman doesnt feel like she can take of a child a man has no right to tell her to keep the child. In the long run she might abuse the child, abandon the child ,etc so many things could go wrong with an unwanted child. A single mother goes thru hell just because the father refuses to help. I mean if you dont want a part of being a family then fine, bur at least help to ensure your flesh and blood has the necesities in life to survive. (food, clothes etc).

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Okay, so you've faced moral decisions, good for you. My point is, have you faced THIS decision?

What were the "moral" decisions you made, please inform us, so we can all sit in judgement of YOU!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I believe I made my point, no longer need to troll

Yes...your point is that you are an elitist that thinks the poor shouldn't have children.

You are a psychic that can foresee what a childs life would be.

And you seem to think no one could possibly be happy if they don't live a perfect life...so they might as well be killed.

I wonder if you think mentally retarded people should just be killed so they don't have to continue to live their horrible lives.

Your "logic"...isn't very logical...it is borderline eugenics from an elitist standpoint.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Did you not read my story? High school girlfriend, three months in, I was against the abortion, got in some heated arguments with her parents about it.

I was against abortion, but if that kid hadn't been born. I would be where my mother was when she had me as a teen, unable to care or feed for her child. Couldn't give me meds when I was sick. In her care I almost died from a rare strain of ecoli.

So to give an unprepared mother a baby, shows a lack of responsibility on your part, to saying that mother should have raised that kid.

My point is poor people should have kids, that includes me. I was one of those kids, with an unprepared mother and a father that hit the road. So don't tell me, you have the right idea and I don't.
I was suppose to be aborted, sure I've led a happy life (when I was adopted)

So your side, seems right to you, as foes mine to me. Because there are two sides to every story, hope you can accept that.

For the record when my gf was preg, I wanted to be a dad. I can honestly say that and was denied but I've had time to realize, I would have been a #ty parent, cause neither of us were ready, or even had money.

If you raise a kid, and are. Doing it broke, no food, meds, or even shelter that Is your own. then I can honestly say that person shouldn't have kids. Does this make me heartless, for wanting to bring a kid into a horrible life.

Personally I think it's good to wait, till your rowdy and you can give that kid the life they were meant to have, given everything you weren't, so your not repeating the mistakes of the past.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am for abortion, because now have the tech to make it happen, some would say then, "don´t have sex" I think that that is not the issue, no one wants an unwanted child, I for sure do not want to bring a child into the world without making sure that I can provide everything I did not have and then some for the child.

Is a fetus a sentient being in the elotted time to be able to abort? In my opinion I do not think so.¿ it is a life? Yes, that is another topic for debate..

but the problem with this topic is that almost everybodys opinion does have a point and is right,

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arriana
I I had seen this thread before I joined ATS I would never have joined. The mindset of many of the men here is truly disturbing.

I agree this thread disgusts me... I don't know if it's a cultural thing (American), a men thing or men like this are drawn to this website; but I'm really disgusted right now.

Have you ever seen what abortion looks like?
This is an 8 week old fetus
8 week

8 week

Aborted Fetus
I will not post the images directly on here because the images are graphic... but a 8 week old fetus is not a bunch of cells! It has fingers, toes and eyes just like us! I'm so disgusted....
edit on 1-6-2011 by inanna1234 because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Finally common sense. I've been trying to tell these people that, but they turn opinion sharing to bashing an individual,

My mom was a single parent, with two kids. She couldn't do it, she lived on welfare, wasn't enough food for all three of us, so we took turns having meals, one day its my brothers, another it's me then my mom. With a week, we got two meals.

This is why I'm for abortion for people who cannot care for their kids, cause then they other grow up Fu*ked in the head, or have a disattachment for others.

The developing years of a child are super sensitive, one wrong move, and your kid is a sociopath. The ones that can get away from those problems, learn from those mistakes.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This has probably already been said, but IMO abortion exists not for irresponsibility but for situations like rape and molestation. A woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy because there are cases where a woman had no control over the conception. A man never has zero control, because he can choose to abstain; in any case, men cannot be forcibly impregnated.

A man's two cents. If I wanted to go to extremes to avoid pregnancy, I wouldn't have #ed her in the first place.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Who are you to say what is logical and what isn't? Everyone has a different viewpoint. I do not judge you for your opinion, so why do you judge me?
That doesn't seem logical, and elite point of view? Physic? Wow you really do live in a fantasy land, EH?

No life is perfect, that's not the point, every time I declare the point, you go a little to the left, twist it a bit. To make me look like a bad person for having an opinion that isn't yours.

You lack empathy, you cannot understand what it's like for a single parent to raise kids, with no income.

Pending on the state of retardation, if they can interact and think. Then they have all rights to live.

If they are in a veggie state, unable to process information, cannot eat or drink or function on their own, then yes they should die. I would want to die if I was in their shoes. That's like keeping a coma patient who is brain dead, alive. That is against human rights, that is torture.

But regular handicapped have the right to live, if they can so basic functions. However, they shouldn't ever reproduce. Don't dumb down the species now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Bearack

Males have a responsibility, if the mother chooses to keep her child, then the seed is obliged to help. Raise, feed and take care of that child's need.

My point is, seeds are responsible but not when it comes to the life or death of the child, if it goes against the wishes of the mother.

Seeds are biologically designed to help, care for the mother and child. Through physical strength (back when it was needed for Neanderthals aka cave people)

If the male wants the child terminated, but the mother wants to keep it, the ball is in the mothers court, the father must pay child support if he does not wish to be a part of the child's life.

The seed huh? Funny how you talk like that. Wonder what the reaction would be if I started calling women vechiles or plant pots in such a disgusting and human-less way?

You're the classic fascist. You put your own ego and sexism above the life an unborn child. Absolutely shameful. I ought to spit on the floor in disgust.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
reply to post by CobraCommander

Oh and if the woman doesnt feel like she can take of a child a man has no right to tell her to keep the child. In the long run she might abuse the child, abandon the child ,etc so many things could go wrong with an unwanted child. A single mother goes thru hell just because the father refuses to help. I mean if you dont want a part of being a family then fine, bur at least help to ensure your flesh and blood has the necesities in life to survive. (food, clothes etc).

You're saying take responsibility for your actions(to men, who don't want a baby), and you're suggesting women have no responsibility and the man is solely at fault in such a scenario? But in the reverse scenario you excuse women and blame men.

How about this. I spun your comment and changed the sexes

The woman has no problem putting an unprotected penis in their vagina, knowing the consequences of her actions. The child isnt asking to be born. Only because the woman chooses to be a coward and has an abortion, the child has to die? What im basically saying is TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. The man didnt get you pregnant by himself. Oh and if the man doesnt feel like he can take care of a child a woman has no right to keep the child.

How does that sound? I remixed your dribble. But yet when I say it, i'm a sexist. Haha! Your hypocrisy both humours and scares me.

It's your body, you kill kids if that's what you think feminism is. But don't enter my house, because I'll judo kick you in the face in the name of freedom. It's my bloody house!

Silly, silly pretend feminists. You represent everything that's wrong with this Western hell-hole.
edit on 1-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join