It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I see a violent scum bucket who refuses to take responsibility for where he deposited his sperm.

Do you see women who get abortions as violent scum buckets who refuse to take responsibility for allowing someone to deposit their sperm inside them???

I'm gonna guess the answer is no

The whole point is that people, like you, expect a man to not have sex if he doesn't want to be a father...but you don't hold the woman to the same responsibility. In fact you support that she should be given a second choice to decide if she wants to be a mother...and ironcially that "choice" is to brutally murder another living human being.

Abortion is disgusting to me...and women who have one are less than human in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drakmarine
reply to post by CobraCommander

"You get chivalry or equality, not both babe"

This is a problem with you, not women. The two are not mutually exclusive. If you find them to be so, the problem lives inside you.

The capacity to be polite doesn't negate acting like the person you are being polite too is a lesser human.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was implying they are mutually exclusive, I can see how you could think that. I am fully in support of treating women with respect and dignity. Politeness and courtesy are things to be admired and preserved. All people should. What I was implying by using chivalry in that context was that under the law a man is required to be chivalrous if you think about it. He has to pay and support a woman who could have left him or cheated on him or ran off with his kid he loves dearly, now I would support my child regardless of the case, it is the right thing to do. I don't think however, that a man who expresses his desire not to have a child and the woman decides to have the child that the man should be required by law to pay child support. That is not equal in any sense. That puts all of the power of the legal system in the hands of the woman. Thats what I was getting at. If you want to have equality you can't also have the power to force other people to do what you want, as that is inherently unequal.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't think it was for shock value at all. This is reality. If a man does not want to be a father, the only thing he can do is try to kill the baby himself.

I dare say that if he could not be sued for child support, he never would have laid a hand on that woman.

If he feels the only way to get rid of his problem is to punch his baby while it's in a belly... I say he is a real coward and a real loser!

The issue can not begin to be discussed if some idiot has no control over his life

Simply a coward!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Because, since 1982 and Fast times at Ridgemont High, men were were only responsible for a ride to the abortion clinic and half the cost of said abortion.....

The courts just wanted to make sure we showed up and did our part....i mean the chic was there to open up and let us in.......

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

I don't think it was for shock value at all. This is reality. If a man does not want to be a father, the only thing he can do is try to kill the baby himself.

I dare say that if he could not be sued for child support, he never would have laid a hand on that woman.

If he feels the only way to get rid of his problem is to punch his baby while it's in a belly... I say he is a real coward and a real loser!

The issue can not begin to be discussed if some idiot has no control over his life

Simply a coward!

And women who have abortions, are they cowards? Explain the moral difference.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i call severe nonsense on this

our nation and our world has BIGGER PROBLEMS

we dont need to be focused on whos having sex with who and whos marrying who and what hole they are putting it in

we dont need to be focused on a life that isnt even alive yet, that isnt even in this world yet

when BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE ALIVE ARE BEING DENIED THEIR FREEDOM

our priorities are atrociously twisted
edit on 1-6-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: cuz stone cold said so

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Women are the birthers and carriers of the child, while the men are mere seeds.

Seeds do not have say, in the development or termination of a developing child. If the woman wishes to keep the child then so be it. The child is hers, it's her body creating that child, not the man's.

The seed has no right to choose who lives and dies, seeing as he does not carry it, nor have anything to do with the actual development process.

Men who think they have the right to choose the life of the unborn are invading the personal rights of the mother, unless that said mother consents to her unborn child's termination.

Men don't have the right, period. End of discussion.

Edit: abortion is ok, for avoiding an unwanted or unaffordable situation, why bring a child into the world, if you cannot care for it? Babies are expensive and there are many young adults having kids left and right thinking it's going to fix their problems, keep their dying relationship going, or get money from the government. So abortion is necessary, also helps keep the population in check, an over population growth would be the end of civilization as we know it.
But for the record only the mother has the right to choose, and if she keeps it the seed must pay child support, which is probably why that guy didn't want her to have it. Greedy basterds (misspelled so the censors wouldn't catch it lol)
edit on 1-6-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FatedAxion

But by the same token, the father has no rights if we wants that child to live but is required ownership if that child does come to term. It's hypocrisy IMHO!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

What do you consider "alive"?
And your opinion on "bigger problems" is, just that.....YOUR opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

Women are the birthers and carriers of the child, while the men are mere seeds.

Seeds do not have say, in the development or termination of a developing child. If the woman wishes to keep the child then so be it. The child is hers, it's her body creating that child, not the man's.

The seed has no right to choose who lives and dies, seeing as he does not carry it, nor have anything to do with the actual development process.

Men who think they have the right to choose the life of the unborn are invading the personal rights of the mother, unless that said mother consents to her unborn child's termination.

Men don't have the right, period. End of discussion.

So by your own omission, then males should not be responsible for the that fetus even after it's been born?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Simply a coward!

And women who have abortions, are they cowards? Explain the moral difference.

For the most part, yes, I feel women who have abortions are cowards.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Abortion is disgusting to me...and women who have one are less than human in my opinion.

I guess you can now consider me "less than human".

I will spare you my life's story, as it's none of your business, and quite likely, you would still sit in judgement of me, regardless. I hope in your short turn on this rock, you never find yourself in any position where you have to make a moral decision that will forever shape who you are.

Good luck if you ever have a decision to face that makes you question every fiber of your being. Until you've been there, you're words are just that - words. You don't have a clue....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

I understand some reasons for an abortion, but most (97%) are merely a form of contraception which is wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Males have a responsibility, if the mother chooses to keep her child, then the seed is obliged to help. Raise, feed and take care of that child's need.

My point is, seeds are responsible but not when it comes to the life or death of the child, if it goes against the wishes of the mother.

Seeds are biologically designed to help, care for the mother and child. Through physical strength (back when it was needed for Neanderthals aka cave people)

If the male wants the child terminated, but the mother wants to keep it, the ball is in the mothers court, the father must pay child support if he does not wish to be a part of the child's life.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

Unless your situation is in the 1% or less where your life was in danger and there was no chance of saving the baby....my statement stands.

I've been faced with many "moral" decisions...my final decision was never to kill a helpless, innocent, living human being.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

alive is born

and look around you

you can honestly tell me we dont have bigger problems?

if you can say that, go ahead and let me know whats around you, cuz id love to move there and relax for once

edit to say, if thats you with the bear and you get to take care of bears, man id LOVE to trade with ya, im sure we'd both change our opinions
edit on 1-6-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Bearack

Males have a responsibility, if the mother chooses to keep her child, then the seed is obliged to help. Raise, feed and take care of that child's need.

My point is, seeds are responsible but not when it comes to the life or death of the child, if it goes against the wishes of the mother.

Seeds are biologically designed to help, care for the mother and child. Through physical strength (back when it was needed for Neanderthals aka cave people)

If the male wants the child terminated, but the mother wants to keep it, the ball is in the mothers court, the father must pay child support if he does not wish to be a part of the child's life.

OMG, that's the most asinine response I think I've ever read! The ole "your responsible when we tell you that you're responsible. Until then, shut up."

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Abortion is necessary in some cases. You should be ready for when you want a kid. Do not judge those who have been put in a position that you have never been in. You cannot put yourself in their shoes, thus your opinion in the matter is nullified.

Some women cannot afford it, either they weren't ready or their seed ran off, for another woman, it is illogical to raise a child with low income.

Others are raped, and do not want a reminder of that pain, also something you cannot empathize with.
Some are not ready emotionally, and to bring a child in a emotionally unstable environment can cause mental disorders in their later life.

The rest could not withstand their biological urges and if they are not ready, an abortion is in their option.

Many reasons, you seem to blindly ignore

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Bearack

LOL...did you just make this all up in your head?

Have you ever had a biology course?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join