It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs two child rapists in public

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

By the letter of the law your distant relative is a sex offender for this reason - hey, I don't make the rules but there it is - should he be hung? Should the age of consent be changed? If you put in 'wiggle room', where do you stop?

Close-age exceptions should take care of cases like this, IMHO.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Rock on Iran. True justice for those that choose to prey of women and children. What do we do when an animal attacks a human? We put it down. We don't put it in a kenal and support it until an appointed time or it has to be released due to overcrowding or until it passes away of natural causes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
Hanging child rapists isn't good enough... These people need to be tortured every day and live the rest of their lives in confusion and fear.

thinking like that.....what makes you any better than them?

Aren't you perfectly wonderful... comparing me to someone who rapes kids because I believe the abusers punishment should be harsh.

What should I think about people who rape kids to get their rocks off?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Because we are better than that! torture is recognized as a human rights violation to the entire world. And honestly i see no point in paying to keep people alive in a state of torture?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sussy
How emotive this thread is.... until its YOU being hung by an angry mob, with no jurisdiction and your innocent. Great concept but allow for flaws...

There are ways to reduce flaws. I see no reason for a person to sit on death row for YEARS, eating up tax payer money, if their guilt is proven by DNA. If there is DNA, and they are sentenced to death, they should be immediately taken from the court house, outback, and shot or hanged. Bullets and ropes are cheap.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
are they going to hang their beloved prophet too ?

he was a child rapist too... in fact he married a child when she was 9 years old

hypocrites....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
WHERE IS THE "LIKE" BUTTON!!!

this is the only solution to this problem! I also believe we should cut off hands of thieves...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Because we are better than that! torture is recognized as a human rights violation to the entire world. And honestly i see no point in paying to keep people alive in a state of torture?

Then you people who believe that these people can be rehabilitated should stop torturing me with your bullsh!t. Community service sounds like a great idea and I'm sure the victims would love restitution payments so they can feel like whores.

I was never a victim of child sexual abuse, but my best friend was and I saw how her life was affected by it. Her abuser is free and alive, she committed suicide just over a year ago. Yeah, nothings wrong with that picture.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

By the letter of the law your distant relative is a sex offender for this reason - hey, I don't make the rules but there it is - should he be hung? Should the age of consent be changed? If you put in 'wiggle room', where do you stop?

Close-age exceptions should take care of cases like this, IMHO.

And you know, maybe it would. Does that mean if you were the father of a 14 year old you would be happy with her having sex with a 20 year old? In the eyes of the law she would still be a child. 20 too old? You would be cool about it if he was 17? All this wiggling kind of makes statutes a little hard to define.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There have been several cases of someone who has molested a child who ends up killing them. When they are caught and taken to court. It has come out that the reason they killed them is that the child was going to tell someone about the abuse.

There has been many studies on this and each study has pointed to the fact that if the death penalty was brought in for abuse. What stops the abuser from killing the child so they themselves would not face the death penalty.

I am a member of several forums for adult males who were abused as children. As i was abused from a very young age until about 16 years old. This also involved me being in films and pictures.

Yes i can understand people calling for the death penalty for this crime. yes death penalty might stop some of the crimes, but it could also mean that the amount of abused children that are killed could go up. The threat of death would not stop this ever from happening.

Then you have the cases that reach court many years after the abuse happened, were in a majority of the cases its one word against another. The issues regarding cutting the amount of abused children is a very complicated thing and just saying kill them will not stop it.

When i see people call for torture,rape,multilation of offenders. I always think were would it stop. Once you get the idea that it is ok to kill sex offenders and they have no rights. Then why not men who rape women. people who commit murder, there has been several times in history when it was seen ok to class one group of people as not having any rights.
Then in many of these cases this has been extended to other people then another and another.

Emotions in law can be good, but manytimes these emotions take us from being a just and lawful country to being a country of vigilanty laws.
Having a law that states if you kill someone, then the state can kill you. if you blind someone then the state blinds you. Takes us into very dangerous waters.

Many times this subject has come up on many of the forums i am on. In every case a majority of the adults who were abused as children do not want the law to go down this route.

Thankyou.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

With all the propaganda we hear about Iran makes you think they are the "Bad Guys" but the way we take care of people like this with food and shelter in the prison system while War Heroes go hungry on the streets makes me sick. I see a chance for unity between Iran and the US over a topic like child molestation hell the whole world should stand together against this but why do we not? Good for you Iran maybe we should clear some space in our prisons and send our pedofiles to Iran with a couple of miles of rope and let them do what Americans dont have the balls to. If i could i'd get the sex offenders list and just go down the line on a case by case basis.
Hang `em high Iran.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You would be cool about it if he was 17?

I may or may not be cool with it as a father, but yes, I am of the opinion that such sex should be legal, when the age difference is less than about 4 years.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sussy
How emotive this thread is.... until its YOU being hung by an angry mob, with no jurisdiction and your innocent. Great concept but allow for flaws...

That is why TPTB bring out this very trump card to wreck the lives of people who know too much, angry mob syndrome is not a good idea, but when proven beyond doubt, punish away !

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is a massive troll thread.

I can't believe that you guys actually want people to get hanged.
I believe we are in the 21th century now.

Also if this was in the U.S system then you could find yourself getting hanged due to someone who doesn't like you lied. I hope you like having conspiracies against you.

Idiots.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Few topics are as emotionally charged as this particular one.

Whosoever harms, with deliberate intent, a child has placed him/her self outside of societal norms, and is deserving of death.

On this I agree with all my heart. My family has all but been destroyed by this sordid crime. But I have a question for those of you who advocate torture as a form of punishment... What good does it do? Does it bring back that child's innocence? That child's life? Erase the pain, and guilt of the family members who couldn't/didn't see it happening? Does it teach the monster any sort of lesson? Other than he/she was right? By right, I mean inflicting pain upon others is to do nothing wrong... Twisted thinking, to be sure, but if they weren't in some way already twisted, would they have done these horrid things?

In a word? No.

The child is still hurting. The child is still dead. The guilt still will haunt the family 'til their dying day. Trust me on that...

Punishment means nothing to these monsters. They will repeat this, again, and again, and again. Until they are caught, and removed from society. Prison sentence for the remainder of their useless lives, or death. This won't remove the pain of the victim, or the guilt of the people who should have seen it, no. But it will prevent this particular monster from ever harming another child again...

Torture? What good does it do?

Death is my choice, but quick, and as merciful as possible. This won't go over well with many of you, this I know. But so many of you are speaking from a justifiable anger at the perpatrators of these horrific crimes. You should be angry, God knows I am. God knows I will be for the rest of my life. But how does becoming a monster help? The torturer becomes as damaged as the tortured eventually.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

People need to stop being so sentimental about this issues.

Humanity is slowly stepping away from it's own sins, from it's own stupidity, and while it's a still long battle ahead of us, it keeps going. People become more aware, people love more and hate less. People demand for rights, and will take actions without thinking twice in the defense of those oppressed.

It's actually a beautiful time to live in. We are provably under the hardest control (economic, by our wallets) that humanity has ever been, and at the same time, mostly because of our technology, we see true demonstrations of conscience and "peace keeping" from thousands or millions of people.

Most western countries had a slap to their faces when the true oppressed of this world united, and against all odds, and against all atrocities, turned down the table. In the future, it might be pointless, it might be just the same. But at least, for a period of time, people united and did what was right, no matter what. And this came from a couple of countries that many western people consider "inferior" or "still living in the stone age".

However, this is not only sunshine and rainbows.

We also need to calm down, and use the information that we have available in order to make a better world for our-selfs and to our future generations.

We can't, I seriously mean it, we can't allow emotions to be the decisive standard on justice or any other matter.

Emotions, is what got people hanged because they were "witches" in the middle ages. Emotions, got us the cruzades. Emotions, got us slavery. Emotions got us WW1, and WW2.

Yes, emotions are a beautiful thing, but we're all better than that. We are better than the first impulse that comes to our minds. We are better than the fear and horror that our brains input into situations.

It is heart-breaking what some people live through, or die of, in this world. It is, I've seen it first hand countless times. But gladly, that didn't bring me down, nor didn't burry my feelings. It actually opened my eyes.

Justice, is not about punishment. It's about balance.

You are all here saying "eye for an eye", and "punishment is too soft on these pieces of garbage".

I do agree with you, on a general term. Justice is too soft, too often, on these types of crimes.

But instead of discussing how much pain we can inflict, how much suffering we should put into these people, I'll ask you to forget about all of this, and do this thought practice:

Imagine that you are at home. Just browsing some websites, just chatting and debating or simply trolling in ATS. You're a friendly guy, you have a GF/BF. You have a job, where you are either respected or simply a common employee.

Now imagine, that someone out there, with the wrong reasons (whatever they might be), wants to frame you. Imagine that he puts photos of naked children on your laptop. Imagine that he actually is good enough to photoshop you into some.

You're saying "Oh, I would go to court and defend myself". Would you? The Justice system isn't perfect, and everyone knows that, for a fact. It's composed by humans, and humans are flawed. "Beyond REASONABLE doubt" isn't a linear thing... It means just that. It means that you just have to convince a jury.

What if you can't prove the photos aren't yours? What if, somehow, you can't prove they are photoshopped? Provably, all of you guys here standing by this sort of "justice", would say "he is just making it up, the sh!thead! Photoshopped? give me a break!"...

Imagine, if that person would be really you. Would you like to have acid on your face, for something you didn't do? Would you like to be castrated for something you didn't do? Would you like to say goodbye to your family before being hanged, for something YOU DIDN'T DO?

The punishment system in justice has to be a balance, between the hardest you want to inflict on those who are guilty, and the sustainable by those who fall in the trap of justice and are INNOCENT.

Remember that before you claim death is a good justice sentence... Put yourself in the situation.

This is not a discussion about this guy being guilty or not. I'm not even adressing that. I just think people should consider those who are convicted guilty, and are innocent.

I don't want to live in a country/world where if I'm at the wrong place and the wrong time, my head will be chopped off for something I didn't do. Or to be dead before I can even make my defense case...

Just think about it...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What would Jesus do?
I have to ask that question.
I have MY preference, but what would the advice of Jesus be?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

That's a question, isn't it?

I've never believed that Jesus was as passive as some would have us believe. I believe that he would advocate death as a means to remove the monster from our midst. I don't believe he would advocate torture.

MHO, of course...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

That's a question, isn't it?

I've never believed that Jesus was as passive as some would have us believe. I believe that he would advocate death as a means to remove the monster from our midst. I don't believe he would advocate torture.

MHO, of course...

Why yes, it IS a question.
One reason I ask is to see what the christian based society reply would be.
Turn the other cheek?
Forgive?
Love them into heaven?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'll echo what a few others have said. While I'm definitely all for the death penalty for child predators, I'm suspicious of governments such as Iran's (and even ours) framing political opponents. Like Ghadafi's government for instance, they say everybody is Al Queda, or on 'hallucination pills', I'm actually surprised they didn't also say they were all child molesters...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join