It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs two child rapists in public

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

As I come from more civilized part of the world, scandinavia, namely, I condemn death penalty in any way. I understand that in some societies death penalty is something considered natural, that however proves how primitive and barbaric society is.. I understand that death penalty is in some societies convienient solution for those beyond salvation, but still.... It proves that society is barbaric and can't deal with it's problems in civilized matter. Lack of equality in societies increases crime, so the best way to reduce crime is to reduce radical social differences between different groups. Pedophiles are sick people and should be rather treated than killed victims should be offered psychological help. These things are never easy and there isn't easy solution and each case should be treated a bit differently ,thou judical system should have certain frameworks
I highly suggest fpr people to read Richard Wilkinson's and Kate Pickett's book "The Spirit level: Why More equal Societies Almost Always do Better"

edit on 31-5-2011 by SpeDeZo because: Youtube video link

edit on 31-5-2011 by SpeDeZo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Since I don't consider myself a "Christian" persay, maybe I'm not qualified to answer... Not that that has ever stopped me before...

Forgive the sinner, yes. Forgive the sin? No. At least that's always been my impression on how it's supposed to work...

Heaven? So not going to happen. Answering to a higher, or highest, authority. Hell would be my guess...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I imagine any answer given by anyone would be speculation since we really dont know, but when applied to standards within the belief it just makes me wonder as to what level 'all is forgiven'.
Finding Jesus, always seems to happen after the cops find the criminal and the criminal finds themselves in jail or on death row.
The lord works in mysterious ways, is just too convenient.

edit on 31-5-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: stet

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
here in america

statistically there are MANY innocent people behind bars

like it or not, its fact

now instead of just putting those innocents behind bars, people think we should publicly hang them and drip acid into their eyes, etc

i would be ALL for this IF we knew for sure the person was the criminal

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I was abused as a child, and would love to see the people who abused me dead. They ruined somebody else's life, that's a good enough reason for them to go.

Do you consider your current life to in a state of ruin... a state of complete destruction? I ask because it seems odd that you equate the crime of rape with the crime of murder. When in fact they seem a whole lot different to me.
edit on 31-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Are you people aware that in Iran they hang innocent people??? None of us know for sure these 2 men actually committed rape upon a child. For all we know, they were hung because they were in opposition to the Govt or married women without her father's blessing; I could think of a whole variety of reasons. We don't know for sure!!!
edit on 31-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I was abused as a child, and would love to see the people who abused me dead. They ruined somebody else's life, that's a good enough reason for them to go.

Do you consider your current life to in a state of ruin... a state of complete destruction? I ask because it seems odd that you equate the crime of rape with the crime of murder. When in fact they seem a whole lot different to me.

sounds like you havent been raped or known a loved one who has been

i know when i was told of a family member raped, i was searching for the criminal that night and only didnt kill him because the victim asked me not to

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

Mercy and Justice goes hand in hand, Justice without Mercy can't and won't work. Mercy without Justice can't and won't work.

It has to go side by side.

The family of the murdered victim should have the right to VETO the death penalty in the name of Mercy, if they wish.

The victim of an brutal assault should have the right to VETO an eye for an eye in the name of Mercy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

The case of Bernard von Nothaus shows that police, judges, and even juries have no business inflicting actual punishments on anybody. The justice system should be preventing crime almost exclusively by locking people in a cage for however long is needed. But they can't be trusted to carry out acts of vengence.Why? They simply screw up a huge fraction of the cases completely including very obvious conviction of the innocent. Its truly a criminal justice system we have in the US!

One ATS user has explained that when they turned 18, his (extraordinarily abusive) mother and two of her daughters decided to accuse him of raping her baby. His mother actually abused the baby just to look as if it was raped. So there you had one eyewitness plus two child witnesses claiming rape. A fact is that accusations of rape are sometimes used as a tool of revenge. If the law states the rape must be caught on tape for a revenge attack, then I'm okay with that, but otherwise its not acceptable.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It would seem that Muslims have figured out who and what we really are as a spicies and have there own way of dealing with it.

As a predator spicies and parasitic in nature the only mental thoughts that keeps us from really becomeing all that we could be is fear, pain and death.Without it history has proven what and who we are.

This does not mean I condone Shria law at all but it is good to see it has its good points.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The movie "Hard Candy" come to mind.

I am a bit disturbed by some of the things I have read. Some are so willing for blood they do not care whose and others are so willing for kindness that the intention is lost. The veil of reality is very tainted here.

With punishments so harsh the crimes are less likely to commence. It would take a lot of thought and desire to risk such punishment to continue with a crime such as murder or rape.

One who suffers murder or rape will never get their life back it is gone and revenge will not bring life to them. I am also a victim of abuse and have grown to be a neurotic yet fairly health individual. The world is filled with sick people and if one can not be "conformed" into a functional and safe human than there should be no place on the Earth for them.

We are overpopulated and many suffer from poor circumstances how is it that a abuser of any sort can sleep in a warm bed being served three meals a day while kind hearted individuals dig through trash to survive. Our desire to be "humane" is bringing out the animal in some as they see no threat anymore.

Cleaning out the "trash" is not murder or some other term to make the reality of punishment less...well real. These people were raised or born defective, allowing them to continue to interact with people place a risk of I guess contamination by influence. Getting rid of proven offenders early may help prevent the creation of more offenders. Many times this type of behavior is learned and becomes a cycle infecting the lives of many.

Basically, screw what your fuzzy bunny loving heart says and realize that burning that rotten apple is the only way to make sure it doesn't taint anything or anyone else. Lets just call it what is it, an infections killing disease of the mind and handle it as such.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Mercy and Justice goes hand in hand, Justice without Mercy can't and won't work. Mercy without Justice can't and won't work.

It has to go side by side.

The family of the murdered victim should have the right to VETO the death penalty in the name of Mercy, if they wish.

The victim of an brutal assault should have the right to VETO an eye for an eye in the name of Mercy.

yea NO mercy and justice DO NOT go hand in hand

if someone kills someone, and you choose not to kill them, you show mercy

but where is the justice for the dead?

there is none, the closest we have is eye for an eye

with that said, i never said the family of the victim and the victim shouldnt have the right to choose

i actually explained clearly that because the victim chose not to have him killed, i did not kill him, even though i EASILY could have, i respected the wishes of the victim

and with that said, there was no justice in that case

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I dont agree with family of killed having the ability to grant mercy. There are all kinds of crazy families and plenty of murders by family members that may be protected this way. Justice is supposed to be blind.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

When you are dead, who speaks on your behalf? Those closest to you. The dead is not the only victim, those closest to the dead are also victims, for example Widows...

Justice without Mercy, Mercy without Justice, won't work.

This is just my opinion by the way.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I dont agree with family of killed having the ability to grant mercy. There are all kinds of crazy families and plenty of murders by family members that may be protected this way. Justice is supposed to be blind.

Those issues can be resolved in the trial.

..IMO..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MileHighClubber
For once, some good news out of Iran. This should deter such crimes from being committed.

But other (ignorant) people would consider this to be nothing for there seems to be a kind of mentality that Middle Eastern people are "scum" and its normal so we shouldn't worry. But when it affects some Caucasian from the west then the mentality of "we-are-civilised-and-they're-not-then-why-is-this-happening-here?" comes to mind (a white race superiority complex?) and all hel breaks loose. Some (ignorant) people today really need to stop making all these assumptions about the middle east and its people.

And they say corporal punishment is bad.

My 2 cents
edit on 31-5-2011 by MileHighClubber because: woops

A death penalty doesn't deter criminals from committing offenses.

The trafficking of narcotics in Iran is punishable by death, and year after year they will arrest traffickers who fully know there is a death penalty waiting for them.

The act of sodomy or lesbianism is punishable by death, good for Iran, oppressing the gays? Only fans of Fox News would be down for this. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad once said:

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," Ahmadinejad said to howls and boos among the Columbia University audience. / "In Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I don't know who has told you that we have it," he said.

Furthermore, don't try to play the race card, the condemnation of Iran's legal system is from more than just white people. NGO's like Amnesty International aren't just white people, there are people of all races in them all grouped together with a common feeling that this is not right. Hell, even most Iranian's don't want the corrupted law system.

It's not a matter of superiority, it's a matter of recognizing a barbaric, oppressive, and unfair system of law perpetrated by a corrupt police force under the control of a puppet president in a theocratic nation.

And for the record, ignorant is defined as: "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

I suggest you do some research, like I have, and amass some knowledge on the topic, which I have, before praising the Iranian government in how virtuous it is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In the United States I think hanging is fine. The whole Hammurabi code thing where a victim gets to put out the perps eyes with acid I think falls under "cruel and unusual" punishment

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm no shrink, but I have strong feelings towards sex offenders who target minors. To me they're all in the category of sociopaths. Their brain is messed up, and I don't feel that re-programming is really possible. I challenge any shrink who says otherwise to also go to jail when their patient commits a crime again.

There is no cure for a sociopath. They feel no remorse for their actions, so rehabilitation doesn't work. What is more humane? Locking them up for the rest of their natural life, or a quick death?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by livefreeordieinnh
In the United States I think hanging is fine. The whole Hammurabi code thing where a victim gets to put out the perps eyes with acid I think falls under "cruel and unusual" punishment

What about the initial crime? Feeling sorry for the offender is misguided IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join