It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs two child rapists in public

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

The thing that's discerning most is what if a person is wrongly convicted? Here in North America people are acquitted on a regular basis, even some old cases get revisited. So what happens if the person being put to death is innocent?

That is why we in the civilized world don't do an eye for an eye, because if the person is falsely accused than he/she will suffer unimaginable consequences.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiconoclast
So why did people continue to commit these crimes during times of widespread capital punishment?

That just proves that these animals cannot be rehabilitated, because even death doesn't seem to be a deterrent.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiconoclast

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

And it sure doesn't deter crime or criminal activity.

Sure it does; unless after he is hung he becomes a Zombie rapist.

So why did people continue to commit these crimes during times of widespread capital punishment?

Because there really is no capital punishment. If you commit a crime, are convicted, and sent to "death row," you're going to sit there for 20 years waiting for your endless appeals to run out. A man or woman on death row is more likely to die of old age than lethal injection.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Bee2010
reply to post by OldCorp

Why only children under 12? Does the 13, 14 and 15 year old victim deserve less? Are you implying that victims from 13 on don't suffer the same damage or is it that by then those children have hit puberty and are therefore ready for a sexual experience?

I have a distant relative by marriage who was convicted of statutory rape. He was 18 and his girlfriend was 15 when they started having consensual sex. When they broke up two years later, the girl pressed charges against him, and now his life is ruined because he's labeled a "sex offender." So there is a bit of wiggle room for adolescent teens that might mitigate the severity of the punishment.

This is not true for children under 12 who are raped by what can only be deemed as a predator. No wiggle room there.
edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Your distant relative and his girlfriend did not begin having 'consensual sex' because she was not old enough to consent to the act. He ruined his own life by choosing to have sex with a minor.
Just because she was his girlfriend does not mean she was undamaged by the underage sex and or relationship and just because he was 18 and close to her age, doesn't mean that he was not a predator.
Would you have felt the same if he had impregnated a 13 or 14 year old?

I agree with you that not all cases should result with the harshest punishment though in your distant relative's case I believe he brought it on himself and deserved the punishment he received.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
rape= one thing i DO NOT forgive for...be it man/man woman/man, adult/child.

if it's 100% proven that a person has commited rape, they should feel the full wrath of punishment.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

So how do we know for sure the two men hung for child rape did in fact commit such a henious crime?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As I sat here reading through these posts, I couldn't help but wonder...why is rape the worst offense in so many people's eyes? Because it is emotionally damaging to children? What about raising a child to believe that God/Allah, etc. wants you to kill for him/it? What about raising your child to hate? These things similarly ruin a child's emotional and mental states, possibly irreparably, but why are these not as bad as rape?

*Side note: I am not condoning rape of any kind. I am vehemently against it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Man there's a lot of tough guys on this forum.

"Oh man, if somebody raped my daughter I'd slowly remove all of the skin on their body with a dull scalpel, while a big gay black guy sticks it in his pooper. Then I'd light his genitals on fire and gouge out his eyes all the while listening to the torturous music of Lady Gaga. After that I'd cut off each limb and force him to eat each limb until he pukes and chokes on his own vomit and dies."

This is what you guys think is "progress?" I hate rapists as much as the next guy, but why does everything have to be so freaking barbaric? Everyone's saying an eye for an eye, that doesn't mean a disembowelment for an eye. If someone's guilty of rape, they should be raped by someone who is proportionately sized to them.

I agree with the punishment that the guy who threw acid on the woman's face got. It was actually an eye for an eye scenario. I can't believe so many people are looking at the middle east as the profile of a good justice system. I don't always agree with ours, but at least we don't hang someone for commiting adultery.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

I just want to say that its so refreshing seeing someone commend and take in a totally different viewpoint than their own when their is so much difference between the two in such a heated topic. This is how all threads should be. I understand the argument of two wrong dont make a right as well, but we have to protect the public and if they want to kill then they should be killed.

I really dont trust the iranian Justice system though. All these people are so eager to see blood or to amputate or main criminals and the way its done feel like the mob actually enjpy watching the suffering. I have no sympathy for horrific criminals, but I still wouldnt be rubbing my mits together waiting to view their death and go mad like it was the best ting ever. If I was watching my family members killer being executed I would think justice is being done, good riddence! But if I looked out and saw a mass crowd of my countrymen chanting and getting of on the bloodlust I would be disturbed and I certainly would not want to ever have contact with them and especially would not let for example my kids (if I had any) anywhere near members of a mob who seem to get of on these acts which are suppost to be so awful anyway that surely any law abiding citizen should still find it unearving.
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
American hypocrisy knows no bounds. Do you even know what it means to be an American? Lol. Not at all. Enjoy the camps.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Its simple, If someone rapes a child, then they themselves should be raped. If they rape and kill, same should be done to them in that order, vice versa. Say they shoot someone, they should be shot the same number of times in the same areas they shot the victim. Its called karma, and we can implement it if we wanted to. Anyone agree?

But, what if they were raped as a child? It is very easy to respond "knee jerk" in style. I want to KNOW the whole truth of it all. What is this persons reason for being this? I tend to think all the horrors man complains about he (mankind) made them himself.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

The 18 years age of consent is absurd. Its against human physiology. Its crazy that 18 years old having sex with 16 or 15 years old (2-3 years difference) is criminalized.

Age of consent should be 15 years at max, and there should be also a rule that if the age difference is less than for example 4 years, its not a crime, regardless of the age.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Bee2010

The 18 years age of consent is absurd. Its against human physiology. Its crazy that 18 years old having sex with 16 or 15 years old (2-3 years difference) is criminalized.

Age of consent should be 15 years at max, and there should be also a rule that if the age difference is less than for example 4 years, its not a crime, regardless of the age.

Maslo, I am not suggesting that the age of consent should be 18. I too think that is unrealistic.

I do however disagree with the idea that the victim is not a victim if the perpetrator happens to be close to the victims age. At 15 a boy or girl is not psychologically ready for a sexual relationship.
Children are easily manipulated and can very quickly end up in a very bad situation. They seldom have the life skills to assess risks effectively and when the child finds themselves in a difficult situation, the child does not have the ability or experience to extricate themselves from that position.

These boys and girls can also become parents before they have finished mentally and emotionally developing. Early parenthood for either gender can plunge that child, now a parent themselves, into cycles of abuse and poverty.

The line needs to be drawn somewhere - the age of consent at 16 can give children protection from those who protest that the child should be accepted as a sexual being merely because their body may have developed to a certain point.
The age of consent at 16 also affords a child the time to know themselves, their goals and their bodies before choosing to accept the risks associated with sex.

I also feel there is a degree of moral relativism surrounding this issue, though it's a different story when people are talking about their own kids in this situation.

What the hell is wrong with an 18 year old waiting until their girlfriend is 16 before having sex with her?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

The purpose of age of consent laws should be solely to keep unexperienced adolescents from being sexually manipulated by experienced adults. Criminalizing such natural acts as sex between consenting people in same age range should never be the purpose. Absurd "crimes" like that are the reason why close-age exceptions are important to have, IMHO, even more important than whether age of consent is 14 or 18.
edit on 31/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Bee2010

The purpose of age of consent laws should be solely to keep unexperienced adolescents from being sexually manipulated by experienced adults. Criminalizing such natural acts as sex between consenting people in same age range should never be the purpose. Absurd "crimes" like that are the reason why close-age exceptions are important to have, IMHO, even more important than whether age of consent is 14 or 18.

The purpose of consent laws is to protect children from harm regardless of the age of the perpetrator. I disagree with your definition of "absurd crimes" and I do believe there are rapists and molesters of all ages.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In NY state, it is a crime to have sex when you are 16 years old. Not 15 not 17, but 16. If you are 16 and have sex with another 16 year old, you can BOTH be tried as an adult, put on the sex offender registry for life, and be sent to jail.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

-Mahatma Gandhi

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
to Iran for this.

I think America should implement an automatic death penalty for all rapists, not just children.

I believe we can spend extra money on trials for these men to ensure that they are guilty/innocent. To protect the accused, and alleged victims no bail should be set for these trials.

That extra money wouldn't be a fraction of what it costs to let a convicted rapist sit in jail forever, and we could eliminate that expense by executing them.

my opinion.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
For once, some good news out of Iran. This should deter such crimes from being committed.

But other (ignorant) people would consider this to be nothing for there seems to be a kind of mentality that Middle Eastern people are "scum" and its normal so we shouldn't worry. But when it affects some Caucasian from the west then the mentality of "we-are-civilised-and-they're-not-then-why-is-this-happening-here?" comes to mind (a white race superiority complex?) and all hel breaks loose. Some (ignorant) people today really need to stop making all these assumptions about the middle east and its people.

And they say corporal punishment is bad.

My 2 cents
edit on 31-5-2011 by MileHighClubber because: woops

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join