It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs two child rapists in public

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"An eye for an eye" doesn't mean revenge. It means the punishment should fit the crime. Back in old times they would kill people for small infractions.. but "an eye for an eye", the punishment shouldn't be so severe.

Anyways, I agree with you about child molesters. They seed a never ending & exponentially growing line of child touchers & criminals. A lot of what is wrong with the world could probably be traced back to molestation.
edit on 30-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by reD3vil
This thread is what is wrong with our species, always calling for more death..

What do we do to someone that kills another person? We kill THEM, well isn't that the thing that all of us are so against? It's just so ironic, the whole cycle of killing that we like to call "Justice" .

And before I myself get hanged in this thread, I'd like to say that No I don't support rape and don't feel pity for the rapists, However I do not believe that we should fix our wrongs with more wrongs.

I fully understand where you are coming from, the question is whether you understand where we are coming from?

Let's see your bulk of argument here, you use the term "cycle of killing" to describe the justice some want and needs. This cycle of killing you are talking about exists without capital punishment, obviously if someone comes to rape your little kid, and if you were fortunate enough to be there at the scene of the crime, with a shotgun and a rope, I can guarantee you would either shoot him, or hang him.

If someone wants to kill you, I bet you wouldn't just stand there and do nothing, you would use the first chance you have to kill him.

What you are trying to insinuate is that killing is ultimately wrong, therefore two wrongs don't make right (hence death sentence to murderers). This is false, killing is not ultimately wrong, when you kill in the line of self defense, you are a hero, when you kill to save someone else's life, you are a hero, when you kill to get rid of a murdering, raping beast, you are a hero.

That's in my book, if you want to stick to "killing is wrong", therefore two wrongs don't make it right, then you should take in to consideration that one day you would have to kill yourself to either defend your own, or the life of those you love.

The Capital Punishment will put fear in the hearts of criminals, thugs, rapists and murderers. Without Capital Punishment and the 'eye for an eye' justice system, what does the criminals have to fear? Getting housed, fed, clothed and gaining services for free, as we, the victims of these thugs, rapists and murderers work day and night to survive.

I believe the Prison system is a crime against the average hard working tax payer of nations, I believe this is an unjust and inhumane way to treat the victims of thugs, rapists and murderers, to take their money and use it to care for those horrible people.

How about taking that money and using it to care for good people who actually needs help?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

This is good! Maybe they should apply the same penalty to those in the muslim culture there who marry these "Child Brides"!

Pedophilia and rape all the same! These girls are too young to understand the consequences of what they are getting into. So yes it is rape!

en.trend.az...

www.nydailynews.com...

I think maybe the figure may be high! But it still exists! No Doubt!

The legal age for marriage in the Islamic Republic is 9 (for girls)

This quote says it all! As much as I agree in severe punishment for child rapists there is a massive double standard in Iran! One rule for some and a different rule for others!

edit on 30-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reD3vil

Reform them??...what a joke. The system can't even rehabilitate the victims and you want to waste what little resources we have on the abusers. Don't you think its more important throwing all our resources at rehabilitating the victims? I'm sure that a child abuse victim would love to see his abuser reformed and living a normal life while they are psychologically traumatised for life.

Like I said before, the death penalty isn't enough for these scum. They need to be tortured until they are broken and traumatised then thrown in a padded cell with the keys thrown away.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Judging from your profile,you don't spend a lot of
time posting here.There are times that NEWS gets
posted on ATS before main stream media. That is
why there are so many forums that issues can fit
into.Any kind of news can have a conspiracy hiding
in the background,we just have to dig it up!
off soap box back onto topic...

As a society,we do tend not to punish those who prey
on our children enough.I feel we should have those who
harm children be executed,I don't think they can be
rehabilitated.I would want absolute proof of their guilt first.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why only children under 12? Does the 13, 14 and 15 year old victim deserve less? Are you implying that victims from 13 on don't suffer the same damage or is it that by then those children have hit puberty and are therefore ready for a sexual experience?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Im not a violent person.. but if i where to judge a child rapist
i would tare him appart piece by piece

this is PURE EVIL

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Personally I do not agree with the death penalty or eye for an eye type justice for any crime..

I understand those who commit these types and other types of crime have given up their humanity for their twisted desires I for one do not feel we, as a society should sink to their level..

Not to mention the level of corruption that exists within our system would see innocent harmed while the guilty escape.. they are plenty of cases that have been proven after the fact to be set up to satiate the public desire for revenge..

And if you want to know, I am a survivor of ritual abuse and have supported other survivors as an advocate for many years.. So I know full well you can not rehabilitate these people.. and I know my inner self can think of many horrors I could inflict on these types of people.. however I will not sink to their level or wish to live in a society that does.

Justice needs to be better than the irreversibly sick people who commit these crimes..
edit on 30/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Good. For a Death Penalty to be an effective deterrent, it needs to be carried out very quickly after a trial and a very quick appeal, and in full view of the public.

The idea of the Death Penalty as it's practiced in the USA is no deterrent at all. Most of the Death Row inmates in the USA die of old age, they are never put to death. Those that are stay in jail for 10,20 even 30 years after their trials while appeals are worked out.

Criminals LAUGH in the face of Western "Justice". Countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore have it right when dealing with their criminal elements. Singapore has one of the toughtest penal codes in the world, and one of the lowest crime rates.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Serial Killers and Rapists should be given the death penalty. Why? Because you can kill once and or rape once (if that's feasible) and have it be some sort of mistake. In first time offenses, there is a possibility of reform.

But when it becomes a pattern, it becomes part of your wiring. Reform should not be offered, only the injection.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
im ok with that...but it have to be 100% proof...

same for animal abusers,raper,murderer ....etc

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

I agree, that's why you have to prove beyond doubt that the killer is actually a murderer.

In certain societies families of the victim is given the right to save the life of the killer, in the name of Mercy. This will remove the death penalty, only the family of the victim has this right.

Giving those who receive the death penalty hope, and giving the victim's family justice at the same time.

What do you think of such a law?
edit on 30-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Do those rape numbers include the Vatican and all their minions of rapists, and all the politicians that get off on little boys and girls (Boystown scandal in the White House 1980 under daddy Bush having sex with boys as just one example), or the police (New York just recently that was let go for rape) and let's not forget all those supposed charitable organizations that are fronts for raping and abusing children?
I think the number is a lot higher and yes they all should be punished in the same way they abuse their power over these children and women and they should in turn be raped themselves by Bubba and left in the same cell and i do agree that after Bubba gets done they should be euthanized to eliminate them from society and alleviate the tax burden. But then again they are not held accountable to anything or anyone and never considered a part of the rape statistics so the focus just stays on the average joe citizen rapist while the sheep in wolves clothing roams free to keep attacking.
"the world is full of Kings and Queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams"

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010
reply to post by OldCorp

Why only children under 12? Does the 13, 14 and 15 year old victim deserve less? Are you implying that victims from 13 on don't suffer the same damage or is it that by then those children have hit puberty and are therefore ready for a sexual experience?

I have a distant relative by marriage who was convicted of statutory rape. He was 18 and his girlfriend was 15 when they started having consensual sex. When they broke up two years later, the girl pressed charges against him, and now his life is ruined because he's labeled a "sex offender." So there is a bit of wiggle room for adolescent teens that might mitigate the severity of the punishment.

This is not true for children under 12 who are raped by what can only be deemed as a predator. No wiggle room there.
edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As a victim of sexual abuse as a child myself, the system doesn't work. My Mom tried to get that bastard put in jail and they wouldn't do it because he was 17 and technically a minor. He got to my brother worse then he did me, and he'd done it to other kids (his Mom was an at home babysitter), been doing it for YEARS, and going after the 4-5 year olds. As it stands now, if I saw that guy doing the 'air two-step', I sure as hell wouldn't be upset. While I have forgiven him for what he did to me, I don't get upset when I see rabid dogs have to be put down. I wish we did this here in the states for repeat offenders. I'd even be willing to try treatment for the first offense for them. But when you've got someone who is obviously a repeat offender (as in my case), I say hang em high for the rest of the repeats to see what's going to happen to them if they touch another child. Either that or let the other inmates know what he/she did...
edit on 30-5-2011 by Ranthenae because: punctuation

edit on 30-5-2011 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Why is America going to invade Iran?

In America, Molesters have more rights than the molested.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Takin out the garbage.....way to go Iran!
I have zero pity for those who hurt others....ESPECIALLY those who hurt children, animals, and the elderly. Good riddance.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't believe in the death penalty as punishment for child rapists, this is too soft and an easy way out for them, a lot of people don't fear death anyway and some even embrace it because they believe they will go somewhere better.

What should happen is to amputate the arms so they are defenceless, just like their victims and then be put in prison for life until they die, no prison inmate likes a pedo so you can guarantee that the abuser will live the rest of his life in fear and abuse by the other inmates, i'm quite happy to pay for this aswell if i know justice is being done!

Most people think death is the ultimate punishment, well it isn't, living the rest of your life in fear, beaten and defenceless is more terrifying than dying.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think that's a pretty poor reflection of society to impose such barbaric punishment. People seriously think that's a good idea and want to implement that into America? That blows my mind and I could not disagree more.

Morally, it's definitely wrong, IMO.

And it sure doesn't deter crime or criminal activity.

If anything, it's a cop out, has numerous flaws (what if if the person is innocent or is mentally ill?) and makes for a worse society.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Death penalty is too kind, but there is no need to be "brutal" and lose our dignity.

All we need to do is lock the person up for 23 hours a day in solitary confinement, and let them exercise 1 hour a day so as to keep them healthy and alive longer.

You people have no idea how torturous it is to a sicko who thrives on human contact. No books. No TV. No newspapers. No music. No phone calls. No conversation. No calender. No watch.

Cut off from society, time, and anything resembling a life.

Just a 40 square foot cell with four walls, a toilet and a bed. 3 crappy tasting meals a day and enough water to keep them hydrated.

All they have to do is think about where they are, why they are there, and the person(s) they hurt. Most likely they will eventually go insane.

Every 5 years, they get video taped for 5 minutes to say anything they want to people who are thinking about committing the same crimes - if their message is of despair then it gets posted online for the public to watch, if the message shows no remorse or insight, then they are informed that their recording has been destroyed and no one will ever see it.

This until they either die of natural causes or commit suicide by bludgeoning themselves to death on the concrete walls.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join