It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs two child rapists in public

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
All of you who love Iran so much, just hung Romeo and Juliet, Two 16 year olds from NY. Real flippin heros.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

All right, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

FYI, conventional rape laws still apply, it is only statutory rape laws that we are talking about, so these rapists are still dealt with even in states and countries with close-age exceptions.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
In NY state, it is a crime to have sex when you are 16 years old. Not 15 not 17, but 16. If you are 16 and have sex with another 16 year old, you can BOTH be tried as an adult, put on the sex offender registry for life, and be sent to jail.

Clearly this is a legislative flaw - sounds very stupid.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Bee2010

All right, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

FYI, conventional rape laws still apply, it is only statutory rape laws that we are talking about, so these rapists are still dealt with even in states and countries with close-age exceptions.

Agree to disagree though we are in agreement regarding the usual rape and molestation laws applying.
I just feel that statutory laws are just as important for the reasons I discuss.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have ONLY read OP's post and completely agree wholeheartedly!
There are enough people on this planet, who is going to miss these gross dregs of society who cannot be cured?
Not me!
Australia protects it's convicted pedophiles.
, and sometimes moves them within striking distance of schools without informing the residents, I'm surprised there aren't more vigilante groups already....(aside from imported and local mafia
), who 'put them down'.

ONE aspect of this religion I agree with....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

When it comes to men beating wives, I have the best solution of all. She can leave. No trial, no prison, not even the cost of sharpening an axe. She can leave, end of story.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

And clearly, in Iran, you would hang for it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
edit on 31/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

In NY state, it is a crime to have sex when you are 16 years old. Not 15 not 17, but 16. If you are 16 and have sex with another 16 year old, you can BOTH be tried as an adult, put on the sex offender registry for life, and be sent to jail.

Overview of NY statutory rape laws (it is a mess..
):

www.avvo.com...

reply to post by Bee2010

Not a legislative flaw. This is a logical conclusion of age of consent laws without close-age exception. Age of consent is 17 in NY. Two 16 year olds having sex means two cases of sexual abuse..

edit on 31/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/5/11 by Maslo because: more

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Sorry but punishment in accordance with an old novel, the bible, is prehistoric and obsolete. If a guy steals your car does that mean that suitable punishment is for him to have his car stolen in return?. You can't have one set of rules for one and another for other things. Iran is a primitive country, morally.
Jail sentences should be considerably longer or preferably life imprisonment for child abusers, rapists and the like and longer for other general crimes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
Hanging child rapists isn't good enough... These people need to be tortured every day and live the rest of their lives in confusion and fear.

thinking like that.....what makes you any better than them?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If we would hang all child rapist then there goes the white house and the pentagon, all corrupt congress members, the entire political structure of scotland, Britan and the Vatican.

I dont agree with your approach to drug addicts though. Drug addicts should be helped not punished. And lets not forget that its the US, the cia bringing drugs into the country.
Whats wrong with drugs anyway? Some corrupt piece of trash decided it must illegal. Only so that he can deal in it himself and keep the prices high and make money of those he throws into prison.

Drugs should be legal. Period. Everything, heroine, coc aine, lsd, the whole lot. I believe in freedom and liberty and the right to make choices. It is a misassumption to believe that drug addiction will increase by legalizing it, total nonsense.

edit on 31-5-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

Originally posted by confreak

Originally posted by reesie45
Its simple, If someone rapes a child, then they themselves should be raped. If they rape and kill, same should be done to them in that order, vice versa. Say they shoot someone, they should be shot the same number of times in the same areas they shot the victim. Its called karma, and we can implement it if we wanted to. Anyone agree?

I humbly disagree, simply because,
those who rape, might like getting raped.
Well it should be done in a way that it wouldn't be liked.

LOL I can't believe you guys are serious, do you understand what your saying?

I wonder what kind of people would apply for this raping job....... seriously wtf.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They should let the families at these evil horrible scum tell them to "leave them breathing enough so we can keep them alive" then just go mental with ideas on how to torture them.

link   

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I guess he will, he'll be applying right away! Take me! Take me! I'll do it!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I agree with sussy...While I absolutely support the death penalty for rapists and murderers. Hanging them less than 3 years from conviction would be appropriate....Still...I don't think we should be looking at Iran as an example. They have an incredible amount of flaws in their legislation system as it is.
Consider that women (and sometimes men) who are alleged of fornication are also given death sentences. People who are accussed of being gay...are also given death sentences.

I still prefer our justice system to some degree...but like I said, I'm not against getting rid of rapists and murderers if there is no given doubt that they perpetrated the acts.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Bee2010
reply to post by OldCorp

Why only children under 12? Does the 13, 14 and 15 year old victim deserve less? Are you implying that victims from 13 on don't suffer the same damage or is it that by then those children have hit puberty and are therefore ready for a sexual experience?

I have a distant relative by marriage who was convicted of statutory rape. He was 18 and his girlfriend was 15 when they started having consensual sex. When they broke up two years later, the girl pressed charges against him, and now his life is ruined because he's labeled a "sex offender." So there is a bit of wiggle room for adolescent teens that might mitigate the severity of the punishment.

This is not true for children under 12 who are raped by what can only be deemed as a predator. No wiggle room there.
edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, but you've just described the flaw in this. You can't have consensual sex with someone under the age of consent. By the letter of the law your distant relative is a sex offender for this reason - hey, I don't make the rules but there it is - should he be hung? Should the age of consent be changed? If you put in 'wiggle room', where do you stop?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Score one for iran

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

who is going to pay for the people beating up the trouble makers? are they salaried? how much money are we looking to spend?

And obviously, if this stuff still happens in Iran, then such strong laws/punishments aren't deterring crime.

Instead of trying to treat the symptoms, we need to treat the cause. You should watch zeitgeist 3. There is a lot of psychological talk about child development and how many convicts of the worst kind (murder/sexual crimes) were in fact early victims of those same crimes as well, quite often from someone close to them.

"An eye for an eye makes the world blind". Revenge does not make the world a better place. It may satiate some primal need in some people, but meeting destruction with even more destruction is dumb IMO. whatever our system decides to do in these cases, it should have an outcome of making the world a better place. Since that is what we are trying to do, right folks? I would like to see more community service and restitution payments used more, with an emphasis on teaching people how to integrate into society as positive people.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
How about labor camp ?
Several times lifelong, of course.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join