It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes, Dancing, or any other enjoiment that might lead to loosening of the soul, is illegal now on sites which spririts they have stolen and turned around against you, because laughter and enjoiment might make this fraud visible!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Once again....if the T&C are continued to be ignored, the next violation will result in posting bans.....

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
REMINDER:

ATS Terms and Conditions are clear....
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Any calls for action, petitioning, causes, etc will be removed!
edit on May 28th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

I fear for you Americans, you ARE a police state.
If this was to happen in the UK we would have taken to the streets already.
I am not advocating doing so (PLEASE I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD).

How can the USA justify this?

Are you for real!

this happens all the time in the uk our police are just as bad, they just dont carry guns all the time. They all have the same boss when it goes up the chain of command to the top and both country's trade trade military tactics which contain crowd control FAQS/tips

I am more afraid for the uk than the us atleast they have weapons to defend themselves when the bigger boys come.

i did a two minute search not the best two minutes search ive done but all the same

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Once again....if the T&C are continued to be ignored, the next violation will result in posting bans.....

REMINDER:

ATS Terms and Conditions are clear....
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Any calls for action, petitioning, causes, etc will be removed!
edit on May 28th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I agree, this is no place for organising demonstrations.
This is a place to talk about it and sit on our hands. right ?
I do (really) agree ATS should NOT be the place to start a revolution.
But through ATS we share infotmation, we post videos and discuss how awful the world is.
We know the USA is now a polioce state. I posted the "Sheeple of America" Video (page back) and it got put in the music section. It is music, but it comes with a message. Watch it, please, PLEASE dont move it.

I have MANY friends from America and MANY friends who are now in America, and I fear for them all.
Day by day you are being brain washed.

At least here we can be open and talk. Can we?

Peace and love from the people of the UK who FIGHT BACK. (Again, go back a page, I posted a video of the march demos that are also on the BBC website). us Brits done sit back and talk, we get out and demonstrate.

Shauny xx

edit on 29/5/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

No not really there just bunch of cowards with guns that bully people only because they have guns and know they will be backed if anything goes sour so they do wtf they want thats the bottom line...i hope they all get aids and die a slow death

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
ok...Most of you might hate for what I'm going to say...but I think those cops started out very respectful, and warned people nicely,and told them what would happen.

I don't think these guys make the decisions to go stop the protest, or the public nuisance,or whatever they saw as potentially causing problems.

I honestly thought they were nice about it,till they got egged on,and challenged.

Felt sorry for these cops...it was like they got ambushed to be recorded...and they had to do what they were likely instructed to do.

( putting head in hands ,and waiting for the rocks)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by igotttaknow

Originally posted by shauny

I fear for you Americans, you ARE a police state.
If this was to happen in the UK we would have taken to the streets already.
I am not advocating doing so (PLEASE I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD).

How can the USA justify this?

Are you for real!

this happens all the time in the uk our police are just as bad, they just dont carry guns all the time. They all have the same boss when it goes up the chain of command to the top and both country's trade trade military tactics which contain crowd control FAQS/tips

I am more afraid for the uk than the us atleast they have weapons to defend themselves when the bigger boys come.

i did a two minute search not the best two minutes search ive done but all the same

Your missing my point.
I know the police here can be as bad.
But the policeman who killled an innocment man will be brough before a court.

My point isnt how bad/good our police are mate, its about how WE fight back.

Peace out.

ps:
Go search some more and put a better spin on your post.
I could search and show you videos of people get laid into the cops for trying to arrest someone.
WE FIGHT BACK. Go search, its there. I just didnt want to post it here.
edit on 29/5/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
ok...Most of you might hate for what I'm going to say...but I think those cops started out very respectful, and warned people nicely,and told them what would happen.

I don't think these guys make the decisions to go stop the protest, or the public nuisance,or whatever they saw as potentially causing problems.

I honestly thought they were nice about it,till they got egged on,and challenged.

Felt sorry for these cops...it was like they got ambushed to be recorded...and they had to do what they were likely instructed to do.

There is your problem RIGHT there.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Wow.

Police outrageousness just kicked it up a notch.

Well if anybody packing wants to start a confrontation with police, now you know all you have to do is walk out in public and start dancing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BACONHAWK
Wow. This abuse of liberty may very well start an annual trend of GIANT dance parties at national monuments across the country. Oh, and I'm not trying to recruit anyone. My "off topic" comment was hypothetical. (sorry)

Good post Sir.
Good post.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I really dislike watching videos like this. I think there is a right way to protest, and a wrong way to protest. The video, to me, is the wrong way to protest.

Here are some things I dislike: first of all, he warns the group at the very beginning that they're going to be arrested if they start dancing. He was very polite and straightforward about this, was he not? The fact that they proceeded to dance anyway just shows that they were looking for trouble and trying to make a scene. Again, I believe there is a right and a wrong way to protest. If you just blatantly defy authority with no fear of retaliation, then authority doesn't have any power at all, do they?

Next, a couple of the people that got arrested were roughed up a little bit. On the surface, that's a little bit frightening and disturbing. But look at it a little bit closer:
- as the cop tries to arrest the skinny guy in the white shirt (not Adam, the other guy), his friend comes up and starts pulling him away. How are the people replying to this topic just ignoring that? Of course the cops are going to get rough if someone comes in and start intervening with an arrest. That's way out of line, and that guy was way overstepping his boundary as a protester.
- speaking of the guy that tried to pull his buddy away (he was wearing a brown shirt). I find it funny that, as he's face down on the ground and repeatedly told to put his hands behind his back (demands which he is blatantly ignoring), he makes the claim "I'm not resisting". Get real, dude.
- lastly, Adam was body slammed... However, it is abundantly clear to me that was attempting to instigate something like that. Yes, he throws his hands up in the air in an "I give up" fashion to look innocent of all wrongdoing. However, at the same time, he is blatantly ignoring the cops demands to get down on his knees. I think this is one of those situations where he's using his physical strength to keep himself upright while the police officer is trying to push him to the ground. It's subtle -- it's not necessarily obvious, but I think that's why the cop reacted the way he did, because Adam was clearly just blatantly ignoring him in a display of defiance. The copy didn't bodyslam him because he's a testosterone-driven meat head, he did it because Adam was resisting.

I want to address one more issue here. What I continually see in videos like this are these protesters asking cops, "what law am I breaking, specifically?" That's such an obnoxious and misleading thing to say. I mean, yeah, in theory that statement is pretty intriguing and makes you really think. "Wow, how can they enforce these laws if they don't even know what they are?" But knowing what's illegal and knowing the exact law that deems something illegal are two separate things, and expecting a professional to know the latter off of the top of their head is simply idealistic, not realistic. You go into the office of any professional and I guarantee you you'll see bookshelf of stacks and stacks of books relative to their field. People can generally remember the basic concepts behind things, but often need to brush up now and then to get the exact details. I know at the store I worked at I know basically all of the rules and guidelines, but I couldn't tell you that I couldn't do "X" because it was explicitly stated in "Policy and Procedure X.YY".

Ultimately, what good came from this protest? By doing this and causing such a stir (especially the last few arrests, which clearly resulted in a lot of resistance) they had the entire monument shut down and ruined it for all of the other tourists there.

I know that ATS is a very anti-government-oriented site and whatnot and by making this post I'll be accused of being a mindless sheep that's letting the government strip me of my rights! I try to be remain objective with everything I see here. Sometimes I'm sympathetic, but this is one of the times that I'm simply not.

*prepares massive flame shield for the onslaught of "you're just another one of them sheeple" / "oh look, a disinfo agent" posts*
edit on 29-5-2011 by expo15 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by expo15
If you just blatantly defy authority with no fear of retaliation, then authority doesn't have any power at all, do they?

Wrong. Their authority is derived from the laws. When they start arbitrarily making stuff up and claiming dancing is demonstrating or in any way illegal at all, then they have stepped outside of the bounds of their authority and should be arrested.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Actually, the guys asked the first officer what code or what law they would be violating and the cop did not tell them. I don't think the officer knew. And yes they were agitating, which is good. We need to push the boundaries when civil rights are being destroyed. What harm were these people doing by dancing in there? Were they going to break the statue? I don't feel sorry for these cops one bit. They are out of control but is that anything surprising? I'd say these people got very lucky this day because usually protesters get beaten. There were too many people around filming them though.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by expo15

You have an opinion, and in the good ol US of A, this is allowed.

Take it easy my friend.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Do you think this "police" division would crap their pants if a high-power lawyer wrote them asking what those people were arrested for, and threatening to sue them pro bono?

link   

link   
Godammit that pisses me off, what good did that do? What needs to happen is a flash mob of hundreds to start dancing and a core group of men with a pair to kick the crap out of those cops when they try to arrest anyone... I am serious there is a season for all things and those cops need to get thier asses kicked! Getting arrested did not accomplish anything....
edit on 29-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I don't think the first amendment has a clause for preservation of a monument, or clause for when and where.

The First Amendment doesn't say anything about not yelling fire in a crowded theater either. I think we'd all agree that that's not a good idea though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join