It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No, open carry in DC is definitely not legal. This is the progressive capitol of the united states, of course not legal. Apparently demonstration is also illegal, and dancing is a demonstration.... Are you angry yet americans? I know I am, I wrote my NY reps about it, what have you done?
edit on Sat, 28 May 2011 19:59:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That is the crux of it. When did demonstrating become illegal? Why should I have to ask the state permission before I can peacefully assemble? We did not exercise our rights for too long, and now they are almost gone.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Seriously people, the time is now. We need to start making our voices heard, we need to start spreading the word. Do not leave it to someone else to deal with, that is what is wrong with not only america, but the world! Start spreading the word, start spreading knowledge, to hell with what people may think of you. Man up, stop being cowards, do what needs to be done.

If your family or friends back away from the truth, than to hell with them, they are part of the problem. I am done pussyfooting around the issues, I hope you all will join me.
edit on Sat, 28 May 2011 20:03:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The entire crowd should have immediately intervened. In a free society anyway....

He slammed him to the ground from behind, then wrapped his hands around his neck. Most of these cops should be beaten to the ground and left bleeding for several hours, in my humble opinion. You do not body-slam someone then choke them for dancing in front of Thomas Jefferson.

Useless pieces of trash.

"Oooh, don't generalize.. Oooh.. Not all cops are baaad, waaah."

Yea, JUST THESE ONES, and MANY more.
edit on 28-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

The look on the cops face when he backs into the couple swaying

Sue everyone involved for violation of 1st Amendment rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

edit on 5/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The only way a revolution can begin is if somebody makes a move..

I mean, it seems like there are MANY intelligent people on this board, with fantastic ideas.. but we just sit on idle, chatting about the issues instead of trying to assemble. What we've seen here is a complete injustice.. and it's just going to escalate daily. The best option is to start voicing your opinions loud and clear, we have to work harder to wake communities from the trance. I support R[evo]lution... so Justice Friends assemble?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Every dance school/club in the D.C. area should get every man, woman, and child dancers to flash mob the Jefferson Memorial and DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!!

Let's show the WORLD what a POLICE STATE America has become!!! Let the WORLD see videos of children, teenagers, old men, young men, old women, young women, black, white, latino, asian, every religion, every culture, getting ARRESTED in our nation's Capital for simply performing one of humanities greatest forms of expression: DANCING.

(P.S. This reminds me of Tienanmen Square - mindless Chinese authority)

edit on 28-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have a big Tricking event happening in DC on June 10th.

Tricking is basically dancing mixed with ninjas.

I plan on having a very large session in the thomas jefferson memorial with a bunch of my friends.

Wish us luck.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTrickerHouse

Judging by this video, and the way they closed down the memorial immediately after.. I could safely assume they'll position riot-ready teams in the area, or at the memorial itself.

Heaven forbid someone comes in and celebrates their rights in front of Thomas Jefferson. It's so damn sad. I do not want to spend Memorial Day weekend having to read this trash.

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

That is the crux of it. When did demonstrating become illegal? Why should I have to ask the state permission before I can peacefully assemble? We did not exercise our rights for too long, and now they are almost gone.

We lost this right when we allowed statutes to over ride common law. We allowed this, by acceptance of statutes which say you need a permit to demonstrate. When you apply for a permit to hold a rally, you are accepting the statute, when people should actually be fighting the statutes and laws which make this possible. People should have been irate and screaming and storming the Rep's office when "Free Speech Zones" were created. Instead we gave a little, and the Government took more. It is the nature of the beast and you see it in just about anything.

Take children for example... have you ever put your foot down to a child and instead of sticking to your guns you made a compromise when the child just would not leave you alone? Once you made the compromise, the child has won and they will keep pushing to get more and more. Government is no different. We as a society made a compromise when we allowed firearm registrations and regulations. Those little compromises have turned into non stop debate about banning guns and the second amendment. We compromised by agreeing to filing for a permit to hold a demonstration. That eventually turned into "Free Speech Zones" at Political Events. That in turn turns into "dancing is demonstrating". It is a progression and it is why our Government was set up with a system of check and balances which we as people have ignored and allowed Government to ignore.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Please don't say this as we. I was born well after these crap decisions were made. I sure as hell didn't have a say in the fact the you need a lisence or permit to take a crap. I would have rallied against this.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow, what the hell did I just see in that video? Was that real? It looked so strange, it seemed fake. Like it was staged. I can't believe that was real, wow. They just body slammed that guy, wtf...

That is seriously one of the weirdest and most F'ed up videos I've seen on here and that's saying something!

I hope those cops get sued.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Land of the FREE, but not in the home of the brave.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTrickerHouse
ITricking is basically dancing mixed with ninjas.

If I see you on my Australian early morning news show in a viral youtube that they play every 45 minutes with their canned smiles and cheesy comments, I'll bloomin ninja you !!!!!!11

Does anyone else feel that fury that you get when you see cops abuse the public this way, getting shorter and shorter as that numb oh-this-happening-again? feeling sets in?

Like the brick wall in front of you is getting taller and taller...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am so confused watching those two top videos.

Why were they arrested again?

Why does the filming start when the cop starts warning them?

What were they doing before this? Are they supposed to be on a guided tour or something? Are they interupting some event taking place there?

I mean... this looks HORRIBLE for the cops, but it is very one-sided. I can tell that they went there to start some kind scene. Looking at his website, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't know, but I feel this is just a rouse to further "Adam's?" agenda.

And secondly, from where the filming starts to the end.. it just seems fake, or staged. No film before the cops show up. And the video starts with cops warning them about dancing... were they having like a rave right there in front of the memorial?

Also... are they still in jail? Have they been charged? Pretty much, where are they now?

Not to be the party pooper here, but this entire situation is entirely questionable.

(Don't body slam me for asking questions )

edit on 28-5-2011 by Santh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Santh

What were they doing before this? Are they supposed to be on a guided tour or something? Are they interupting some event taking place there?

I mean... this looks HORRIBLE for the cops, but it is very one-sided. I can tell that they went there to start some kind scene. Looking at his website, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't know, but I feel this is just a rouse to further "Adam's?" agenda.

And secondly, from where the filming starts to the end.. it just seems fake, or staged. No film before the cops show up. And the video starts with cops warning them about dancing... were they having like a rave right there in front of the memorial?

A year or so ago a group of activists who are Jefferson fans decided to do a midnight celebration of Thomas Jefferson by dancing to headphone music. It was done at midnight in case anyone might for some reason be offended or something. However, they were arrested for dancing. This year another group decided to do another dance just to see what would happen. This year, they were also arrested for dancing. Apparently it wasn't a freak incident. If you dance at the Jefferson memorial you are a "criminal" who "belongs in prison.

While this time it was somewhat provocative, the previous time this was done it was entirely just a random thing some activists decided to do for fun.

To be honest I've laughed out loud several times watching a longer version of this video on Youtube because its just so mentally insane of the cops to actually arrest someone for dancing. They are off the wall nuts. I seriously couldn't write a more ridiculous script. The only other country you couldn't do that is in North Korea and a handful of other tyrannical regimes. What a bunch of freaks the DC cops are!
edit on 28-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

link   
I umm.... What?

Is it illegal to dance inside this memorial? What bothers me is it seems no cop could cite the law in which they were arresting people for... It seemed they were just making it up as they went along....

I am shocked and not shocked all at the same time...

link   

Originally posted by Santh

Demonstrating at the Jefferson Memorial. Dancing is now considered a demonstration Link.

Apparently celebrating freedom is not legal at the memorial of someone who championed freedom.

Go figure

I am sure it does not, but seeing 5 hours of dancing (ransom number I pulled out of my ass) is a bit much. They just cut to the good part.

What were they doing before this? Are they supposed to be on a guided tour or something? Are they interrupting some event taking place there?

No. It is an open monument. You need not be on a tour to see it. Nothing there to be interrupted.

His agenda is freedom, liberty and a return to the Constitution.

Nope. Just dancing with themselves. No music that other could hear. All who listened to music had headphones.

We can let vile evil people picket dead soldiers and spew hate speech, but heaven forbid, some people dance, or even demonstrate by a statue.

+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think every troop in the US military should watch this video and ask themselves

" Is this what our war against terrorism coming down to? " :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join