It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Those people would be manson followers back in the day

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by WWJFKD

What we don't see in the video is how long the police officers stood there and asked them to please stop dancing.

And the British asked the founding fathers to follow the stamp act.

A right is a right no matter how many times you are asked to stop doing that right,

Would you agree that the video was edited to not show how long they were asked to stop?

What are the police supposed to do after sitting there, informing them that there is a law that prohibits this actions, and asking them to stop. What action is left?

I dunno. Saying no to their superiors and standing with the Constitution? That would work well for everyone involved.

Did you notice the women did not get body slammed? Because she put her arms behind her back and didn't act like a moron when she was told she was being arrested.

She did not protect her rights, so she was not assaulted. That is #ing brilliant.

We are a nation of laws...if you don't like a law...then try to get it changed...don't try to prove that if you break that particular law for long enough that the police will eventually be forced to enforce it.
When those laws encroach on freedoms and God-given rights, which comes first? The law or rights?

Like I said...this is just people being stupid.

As were, apparently, the founding fathers.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

reply to post by WWJFKD

Do you think these people were dancing because they just felt like dancing? Or do you think they were doing it to make a scene to force the police to take action...so they can later cry about how evil the police are?

These people were acting stupid...and IMO they got what they asked for.

Do you think Bostoninans threw tea into the harbor because they did not like tea? Or do you think they were doing it to make a point?

Those Bostonians were acting stupid, wouldn't you agree?

Again...those Bostonians were doing it because of money...not because of freedom.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgtrocknroll
Too bad they didn't slam him on his head....It is a memorial....do you understand the word...MEMORIAL....wonder if thy would try dancing in front of the Vietnam Vets Wall, or the Lincoln Memorial...HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT.....

If you are doing what I think you are doing, you are being very honest about it.

GET A GRIP SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What has ATS become...Iv been here 8 years and the dis-info these days is on most threads.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

"This law" is cleary ridiculous and especially when one consider where it was being enforced. If that fine man were alive today he would have bent those officers over and whipped the tar out of them. It is a case for "common sense" and a choice could have been made on that premise. Congrats they stopped people from dancing.

We also have a law that states it is illegal to enter our countrys borders yet while that law seems to be ignored we instead focus our attentions on "American" individuals dancing in celebration of Thomas Jefferson which I cannot seem to find that offense within the Constitution no matter how hard I search.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So this is the "freedom" that hundreds of thousands of Americans died to defend? This really puts every war we've ever been involved with in context. Obviously very few, if any, had anything to do with freedom.

How ironic is it that it happened at the memorial created to celebrate the life of someone who said these things:

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.

- Thomas Jefferson

And as for how we reached this place, he warned us:

Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Force is the vital principle and immediate parent of despotism.

- Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I guess the American Revolution was a case of human stupidity as well. Yes?

No, the American Revolution was a case of rich men not wanting their profits encroached on...and used the notion of "freedom" to rally the troops.

Sorry if that doesn't fit into your romanticized view of it.

Riiight.

So all these people committed treason, and faced death for more profits.

Their writings say otherwise . . . but I would expect a rewriting of history from you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

"This law" is cleary ridiculous and especially when one consider where it was being enforced. If that fine man were alive today he would have bent those officers over and whipped the tar out of them.

Ummm...no. He would of been writting an article behind his desk...overseeing his hundreds of slaves and having sex with the other slaves. And he wouldn't really get involved unless he would of profited from it.

Stop worshipping the founding fathers as if they were gods.

We also have a law that states it is illegal to enter our countrys borders yet while that law seems to be ignored we instead focus our attentions on "American" individuals dancing in celebration of Thomas Jefferson which I cannot seem to find that offense within the Constitution no matter how hard I search.

Ignored???

Peoople are departed everyday...and at an increased rate under Obama....maybe you should thank him for enforcing that law???

I know you won't...it doesn't fit into your world view that you have created.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by WWJFKD

Do you think these people were dancing because they just felt like dancing? Or do you think they were doing it to make a scene to force the police to take action...so they can later cry about how evil the police are?

These people were acting stupid...and IMO they got what they asked for.

Do you think Bostoninans threw tea into the harbor because they did not like tea? Or do you think they were doing it to make a point?

Those Bostonians were acting stupid, wouldn't you agree?

Again...those Bostonians were doing it because of money...not because of freedom.

Freedom to be not taxed to hell over something.

Money and freedom are, in this case, intertwined.

Quit trying to rework history to suit your views.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yeah...the founding fathers didn't come out on top or benefit in any way at all from the Revolution...right?

You can ignore facts...but I choose not to.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF

Originally posted by tncryptogal
reply to post by ThreeNF

The link did not work. And after doing a search for his site, the links from Google don't work either. Did it get taken off line?

Interesting. This was working fine this morning. I signed up on the site. I wonder if it's getting hammered with hits. It's now just sitting there "Loading".

Site came back up for me, but it's loading very slowly.

Adam Vs The Man

link   
The first guy got arrested for the simple fact that his hat was too ugly.Wearing a hat with three colors like that is against the law in public.

link   

It's kind of hard to sell that you are fighting for "freedom" while you own hundreds of slaves

Oh...and those pesky women too...they don't need to vote or anything.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Every single one of them died stripped of everything and ridiculed. Where was their "benefit" in that? All they asked is that their efforts not be in vain. Guard the jewel of liberty. The price of freedom is constant vigilance.

To the victors go the spoils and no one can rewrite the history that they secured through their victory.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They were breaking a local law and then resisting arrest, simple as that.
People spreading such videos without doing the least bit of research are just
trying to grab attention.

Next story already.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The American Revolution was about Central Banking, just as the Civil War was. You won't learn this in school. The founding fathers knew the evils of central banking. See The Money Masters or The Secret Of Oz. The war was won, but not by us, in 1913 with the Federal Reserve Act.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ummm...no. He would of been writting an article behind his desk...overseeing his hundreds of slaves and having sex with the other slaves. And he wouldn't really get involved unless he would of profited from it.

Stop worshipping the founding fathers as if they were gods.

Because slavery was not the norm . . . yes?

Again, you are trying to skew history to your perspective.

And how dare people make money!

Ignored???

Peoople are departed everyday...and at an increased rate under Obama....maybe you should thank him for enforcing that law???

I know you won't...it doesn't fit into your world view that you have created.

Yeah . . . increased deportation, but you fail to mention that [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353023/U-S-illegal-immigrants-rise-year-decline.html]CRIMINAL immigration is on the rise as well.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah...the founding fathers didn't come out on top or benefit in any way at all from the Revolution...right?

You can ignore facts...but I choose not to.

Talk to the ones who went bankrupt.

They put their money where their mouth is.

Damn those people with money using it to better others!

They must be daaaaaamn evil!

Speaking of ignoring facts . . . the facts are that their writings do not agree with your hypothesis.

Please play again.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If that was a real body slam,there would have been a referee there to administer the three count.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It's kind of hard to sell that you are fighting for "freedom" while you own hundreds of slaves

Oh...and those pesky women too...they don't need to vote or anything.

Benjamin Franklin would like to have a word with you.

But we can ignore him, right? Because they were all evil rich dudes with funny hair who just wanted to own the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join