It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What the heck was that? Arresting people for doing something they love? Are they hurting anyone? No. Are they violating their rights? No, on the contrary, they are using them. Police come in and just ruin them. Stop it officers! You are supposed to protect us, no prey on us! Now it has come down to this, we will protect ourselves, even if they say they are of authority.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by notonsamepage
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

are you free? or are you just holding you perfect job and your perfect rich friends close?

I am more free than those that are constrained by ideals and absolutes.

I play withing the system that is given to me.

so you play corrupt?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is a legal process for which to change laws. You will never change a law by dancing in the face of the police. You are not accomplishing anything by doing that.

No.. it's not illegal to protest. People do it peacefully across the nation every year. If you want to protest -there-, try to get a law passed to do so. The only reason they are -there- is because it's not allowed -there-... they could have danced many places that day, and not been arrested. You act as if these police are fascist evildoers - they simply have a job to do. It's easy for YOU to say "Oh.. just ignore them.. join in, let people have their rights!" Because it's not YOUR job.. your living.. your family that suffers, because he "stood up" to the "stupid law" that says no protesting in that spot.

You really think you have the right to do ANYTHING you want, WHEREVER you want, HOWEVER you want?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

There was a LEGAL avenue to use when protesting blacks having to sit on the back of the bus too.

But Rosa Parks said to heck with that, that law preventing me from doing this is NOT just.

And she sat where she wanted to sit, as the white people could.

This IS civil disobedience, and when laws are unjust, it is JUST as much our DUTY in a democracy as following the law.

So sayeth Thoreau. SO sayeth the founders of the US Constitution. (When in times...)
So sayeth ME.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
AGAIN........
There is absolutely NO petitioning, recruiting or activism allowed on ATS. Everyone here agreed to abide by all the rules of ATS when you registered. I have left numerous warnings. Your post will be actioned if it violates T&C. This is final warning. Posting bans will be handed out next.

ATS Terms and Conditions are clear....
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Excuse me, but I don't see how posting a website that lists the phone numbers and email addresses of our representative government falls under that rule.....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Excuse me, but I don't see how posting a website that lists the phone numbers and email addresses of our representative government falls under that rule.....

T&C are VERY clear:

ATS Terms and Conditions are clear....
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.
edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I dunno, maybe that 'rule' is a bit unjust too.
But it's a rule, and it's easy to communicate while following it if communications just on youtube where the videos are instead of here maybe? Right click, view on youtube?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

are you free? or are you just holding you perfect job and your perfect rich friends close?

I am more free than those that are constrained by ideals and absolutes.

I play withing the system that is given to me.

so you play corrupt?

No sir...I play the by the rules the system gives me.

I don't attempt to corrupt those rules...like these individuals did...and hence I don't get body slammed by police.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by fleabit

So we can only assert our rights when the law allows it?

So how is that a right, and not a permission?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So you don't question it? That's fine - the world needs sheep I guess. But people with that kind of attitude generally don't motivate or lead others.

I don't think the group of people were trying to corrupt anything, just merely pointing out the stupidity of the rule that's in place. The masses no longer want stupid people making the rules and even stupider people enforcing them, especially sheep like people who don't question anything.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
i'm from the uk aswell

and i'm sorry to inform you that if that was in the uk you would never see the vid because itis now illegal to film the police so the guys filming would have also been arrested. so its far worse here.

nobodys taking to the streets. X-factor or some other crap is on, we're far to busy

Source for this? As far as I know there is nothing in UK to stop people from filming police.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

so you are in a position where you don't need to care about your rights? you have everything? in other words.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

so you are in a position where you don't need to care about your rights? you have everything? in other words.

I have all the rights I need and that are afforded to me under the constitution.

I may have missed the part where it says I can break the law to dance

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The confusion of this situation lies ENTIRELY on the U.S. Government and their complete failure to:

1. Not clearly mark the building as a "non-public forum"
  2. Not properly train the Park Officers as to EXACTLY which law designates the building as a non-public forum
  3. Not clearly distinguish with public signs why the surrounding park rules do not apply to the interior of the Memorial structure

The very fact that a similar previous situation got escalated to the U.S. District Court of Appeals further underscores how the U.S. Government is FAILING to clearly communicate to U.S. citizens what the law is and respectfully explain why it has been created by the Legislative Representatives in the first place.

That's the crux of this matter. We are all reasonable people, and we can all understand and respect the fact that certain U.S. Government buildings need to be designated as "non-public forums". We may not AGREE that the Jefferson Memorial should be designated in such a manner, but it's only if we are PROPERLY INFORMED by the U.S. Government that this is the case that we can then PUSH OUR REPRESENTATIVES to CHANGE THE LAW.

Think about it - the U.S. Government is so secretive about the Jefferson Memorial being designated a "non-public forum" that it took the U.S. District Court of Appeals to clearly state that fact to the public.

That's why we have this problem. The cops being idiots is another issue, but not the core issue

edit on 29-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think what the greeneyedleo says makes sense.

We live in a litigious and fear driven society. If ATS is seen as a recruitment tool for anti-government (anti-corruption) groups, ATS itself can become censored by the powers that be or sued by misguided victims.

The keys word is solicitation. Do not solicit on ATS.

If something like this comes up, report the news, give links, but do not ask directly or indirectly for people to join a group.

Report incidents, Provide links, and Question Everything.

over and out

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I absolutely agree with what you had to say. This is exactly one of the reasons I did not re enlist, I think that our military are full of some of the finest human beings on the planet and it is a shame that such great potential is being wasted on such evil endeavors. And the Marine Corps still calls me from time to time after 8 years of so called honorable service that makes me feel like crap. 4 tours in the middle east and tons of booze later I still cannot find solice in what I did and why.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
i'm from the uk aswell

and i'm sorry to inform you that if that was in the uk you would never see the vid because itis now illegal to film the police so the guys filming would have also been arrested. so its far worse here.

nobodys taking to the streets. X-factor or some other crap is on, we're far to busy

Source for this? As far as I know there is nothing in UK to stop people from filming police.

www.thestudentroom.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

you see we're the best police state

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join