It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This video is clearly a fake. I have been to the memorial many times and never saw the leos bother people for kissing. But it is against the law to dance inside the Jefferson Memorial. But dancing outside there is no problem and legal. Appeals Court: No Dancing Allowed at Jefferson Memorial

Oberwetter’s conduct, the court said, is prohibited “because it stands out as a type of performance, creating its own center of attention and distracting from the atmosphere of solemn commemoration” the regulations are intended to preserve. "Outside the Jefferson Memorial, of course, Oberwetter and her friends have always been free to dance to their hearts’ content," Griffith said.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

So . . . the officer can't be smiling because he is enjoying it.

He can't be smiling because he thinks the protestors are funny.

He can't be smiling because he is having a good day.

It is OBVIOUSLY staged.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What a lame attempt of a body slam!
Here is a REAL body slam.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Disturbing the peace ehh?

By being peacefully assembled, they were disturbing the peace.

Sounds like a load of doublespeak to me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgtrocknroll
Too bad they didn't slam him on his head....It is a memorial....do you understand the word...MEMORIAL....wonder if thy would try dancing in front of the Vietnam Vets Wall, or the Lincoln Memorial...HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT.....

So people should not peacefully assemble at the memorial of the man who championed the right to peacefully assemble.

Did I get that right?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This video is clearly a fake. I have been to the memorial many times and never saw the leos bother people for kissing. But it is against the law to dance inside the Jefferson Memorial. But dancing outside there is no problem and legal. Appeals Court: No Dancing Allowed at Jefferson Memorial

Because you've been there once, twice, a couple time... means that they are never there, never harassing people for doing things that otherwise should be allowed?

Because it's the same Leo's everyday? Because, you know -- cops all act 100% the same?
Because your logic doesn't just completely fail.

I've been to the Grocery Store probably close to a few hundred thousand times in my life... and it's never been robbed, so surely -- all accounts of it being robbed are fraud because I've been there... and never seen it.

*snip*

edit on 29-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 5/29/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by brewing
It's funny to me how people with an agenda do these type of demonstrations and then you guys play right into their hands. Should the guy be arrested for dancing? I think not. Should he be arrested for inciting a public disturbance? I most definately think so. If somebody wants to stir up some kind of trouble for publicity the police will almost certainly comply to grant your wish. Each is no better than the other in my book.

So there is a clause in the 1st Amendment that makes all but "agendaless" peaceful gatherings illegal?

And how exactly is dancing with yourself "INCITING a public disturbance?"

And didn't our founders INCTE A PUBLIC DISTURBANCE with the god damn Boston Tea Party?

YOU HAVE THE *SNIP*RIGHT TO PROTEST DEMONSTRATE AND SPEAK OUT!

I HATE people like YOU and the other posters who I have responded to get ALL PC on everything.

Incite a public disturbance . . . psshhh.

The American Revolution was ONE HELL OF A PUBLIC DISTURBANCE . . . what do you have to say to that?!?!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Defy Ban'

They went up there to break a new law in place, that makes them morons that should have been arrested. People should be able to visit the monuments without having to deal with the rhetoric of select a few.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
reply to post by stephinrazin

Defy Ban'

They went up there to break a new law in place, that makes them morons that should have been arrested. People should be able to visit the monuments without having to deal with the rhetoric of select a few.

The people should be able to drink their tea without the rhetoric and actions of a select few.

Pansies.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

So . . . the officer can't be smiling because he is enjoying it.

He can't be smiling because he thinks the protestors are funny.

He can't be smiling because he is having a good day.

It is OBVIOUSLY staged.

Perhaps he's smiling because he's being polite?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow, two people holding each other and swaying back and forth light called for VIOLENT RESTRAINT!?

This is just so insane now...how can citizens fight back without forfeiting their lives? No matter how you slice it, those who resist now WILL be enemy combatants.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There is always so much more to these videos than meets the eye.

At first I was horified by this. But then I read that in fact a new law has been put in place (OK I don't agree with it). These poeple obviously decided to go up there and put it to the test. They knew what the consequences of their actions would be, and they knew exactly how it would look on tape. They knew what they were doing, it was well planned, and it acheived the exact result they were looking for. To whip up emotions.

And all you responders here fell for it hook line and sinker, calling for armed revolution again! OMG Its so terrible.... No it isn't. The plotters acted and the sheeple police state reacted as planned.

Storm in a tea cup people. Designed for maximum public outcry, and maximum publicity. You have been used!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

It is the over reaction of the police officers that should be your concern, the law can be an ass, but the way those officers reacted was well out of order. If that had happened in the UK it would be national news and the police would be in serious trouble.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I must confess: after viewing this standard of law enforcement I realize that I am an unappologetic criminal! After more years of marriage than I want to count I still kiss my husband when I pick him up at the airport, while site-seeing on vacation, and sometimes even in a store or restraunt. And yes, if we are in a public place and we hear our wedding song ( You're In MY Heart by Rod Stewart) we stop whatever we are doing and WE DANCE! My husband has serenaded me in the middle of a crowded restraunt with our favorite Al Green song- wonder what kind of reaction we would have gotten for THAT! If that makes us criminals all I can say is "COME AND GET ME!!!"

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I must confess: after viewing this standard of law enforcement I realize that I am an unappologetic criminal! After more years of marriage than I want to count I still kiss my husband when I pick him up at the airport, while site-seeing on vacation, and sometimes even in a store or restraunt. And yes, if we are in a public place and we hear our wedding song ( You're In MY Heart by Rod Stewart) we stop whatever we are doing and WE DANCE! My husband has serenaded me in the middle of a crowded restraunt with our favorite Al Green song- wonder what kind of reaction we would have gotten for THAT! If that makes us criminals all I can say is "COME AND GET ME!!!"

You've done it now, you are on the secret terror watch lists.

Back in the dark ages people dared to think they could dance...

No, you really can't dance when and where you want to.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
DC has become a police state. I am on the National Mall right now helping with the Rolling Thunder protest for Vietnam vets. We had a stage on the Lincoln memorial steps for the last 16 years.

This year they have us caged in with fences. Access is ruined. Attendance to the stage presentation will be about 100 people even though we have 400,000 riders.

There are multiple police departments with control and they point the finger at each other in a circle of death. It won't be long until people snap.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Were those cops real cops? State park cops? What is that?

I doubt the video is a fake, but who knows.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by buster2010

Because you've been there once, twice, a couple time... means that they are never there, never harassing people for doing things that otherwise should be allowed?

Because it's the same Leo's everyday? Because, you know -- cops all act 100% the same?
Because your logic doesn't just completely fail.

I've been to the Grocery Store probably close to a few hundred thousand times in my life... and it's never been robbed, so surely -- all accounts of it being robbed are fraud because I've been there... and never seen it.

Moron.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

It's obvious the video was staged and if someone goes in somewhere and willfully breaks the law they deserve to be arrested just don't whine about it afterwards like a little girl. And keep your stupid remarks to yourself.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join