It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayn Rand!!! Where Alan Greenspan got his greed from...........(New Documentary)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Following Ayn Rand is what made Greenspan competent and powerful, giving him the skill and strength to save America several times. Rand envisioned a better word in which each individual carries some responsibility and strives no rise upwards instead of to bringing others down to their level. These are the people who make a difference in the world. You will learn more for your life from one Ayn Rand book than from 100 "conspiracy" books.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not being Governed doesn't advocate a greedy free for all selfish society. Sigh.........

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Absolute garbage, a world based on greed and selfishness will get us.......well where we are right now actually. That's why it's time for a change.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Sure it does. Not for all but for some.

If people are free to govern themselves you will see plenty participating in what you so abhor.

Would you step in and stop them? Would you take it upon yourself to govern that which you do not approve of?

They always point out the greed aspect of any limited or no government philosophy. It helps demonize the hell out of it and maintain the status quo

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Government, are getting less n less important, providing we have the likes on Anon/wiki leaks/live leak/YouTube - i think Rand was way ahead of her time. now is the time to choose our roles and make sure these punks only get what we give them. - government backed by banks are take many homes. we need to mobilise, perhaps a new section in ATSs favour for favour - back to the good old barter systems.

im not suggesting tax dodge but for fux's sake the last thing i want is a bullet paid by my tax money going through another non militant palastine/iraqi/afgan etfc etc

i fear we all have already paid for a bullet or two used against the wrong people

our most important resource is our connectivity and common goals we all share - ideas . tech knowledge.

i fear that it may have already happened that some of our any law enforced taxs been taken and turned into arms, no matter which side they pretend themselves to be working for i feel i paid for arms already, its time to think better ways to make sure my tax dont buy one more bullett

time is short, we need to start the work and get organised - or this is something our children will be left to and that means to me the jack books will be stomeding harder than we have yet seen. you can see its coming, and its lookling sooner not later

life is for living, do sharae and share alike. boycott the fat fuks best we can - its a start, -

can we setup a petition/list of who is on ats.and willing to help, start with what each of us can bring to the table - money is only transient and its time and effort are being reduced by our awarness and collaborations.

edit on 24-5-2011 by 7anked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thank you for the link,
I really dig Adam Curtis documentaries.

Unfortunately for me most, if not all, bbc broadcasts are blocked in my area (the south),
but I have been able to find it on youtube. Done with part 1, going back to watch the rest.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Id have expected someone who quotes Krishnamurti and Vivekananda in their signatures to know more about how the world works.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sure it does. Not for all but for some. If people are free to govern themselves you will see plenty participating in what you so abhor.

Yes people like Ayn Rand, back to the problem of selfish greedy gits.

Would you step in and stop them? Would you take it upon yourself to govern that which you do not approve of?

Yes, the good people should get together and get rid of this basically evil philosophy. Not necessarily as some governmental authority but as morally descent people that do not want our society or children exposed to this destructive mindset.

They always point out the greed aspect of any limited or no government philosophy. It helps demonize the hell out of it and maintain the status quo.

Greed will occur in any governed or non governed society but it should not be tolerated or condoned by decent people.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Uncle Gravity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by timski

thanks, i will checking this now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I know how Ayn Rand works and for this thread that is all i need to know! If you think you know how the world works then please enlighten me. I am sure it will be very interesting.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

i can see about getting this uploaded for your viewing pleasure, may take an hour or so
but i will try

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Can't you see you're just replacing one tyrannical mob with another?

Maybe this is why there is no free nation on earth. People love tyranny so much so that they see it as the salvation for all mankind.

Whipping beating and jailing for your own good.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I caught some of this last night, but wasnt really paying attention, was more amusing to follow the tweets about Ayn Rand that the program kicked off. I will watch it again because I like Adam Curtis's documentaries. I had heard of Ayn Rand before, but never knew anything about her really.

What would be the best book of Rands to read to get a good feel for her philosophies?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7anked

i can see about getting this uploaded for your viewing pleasure, may take an hour or so
but i will try

Ah thanks! But I've already found it.

David Grouchy

Here is part 2/5

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by woodwardjnr

The Fountainhead is the flagship piece but quite a few people today have trouble getting through it apparently due to its pacing and length. The failing attention span of the modern age.

We the Living and Anthem are very short and will give you the gist.

Like any idea or concept the figurehead always falters with own prejudice and subjective perspectives (funny it corrupts "objectivism" but it does) and Rand herself is a pompous blowhard who I would be hard pressed not to smack but that doesn't dismiss the ideas. Ghandi was a pedophile after all and we still love his ideas, right?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Can't you see you're just replacing one tyrannical mob with another?

What i advocate is decent highly moral people to democratically govern themselves. No tyrants or dictators allowed. No greed tolerated, everyone has an equal share of all thing's. Love should be the motivating factor not profit. A capitalist society based on greed is completely insane, it leads to wars, murder, theft, all thing's bad. The love of money truly is the root of all evil, we need to change and change fast or it will be too late!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If your change is not voluntary than it's tyranny.

You can dress up totalitarianism all you want. It doesnt change what it is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Here is part 3/5

I'm aware that astronomy has no place in this thread,
but while watching this part I couldn't help thinking about
how my own calculations had put December 9th 1997 as the
end of the Aztec calendar stone/ Maya calendar system, which thing
I had calculated in 91-92 when doing some translations and reading Bernal Diaz.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b993451e523.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So let's say for talking sake that millions of people on a planet (let's call this planet Earth) are enslaved in endless debt. These people wake up and have decided they have had enough of this nonsense and want change. But the people that want this world situation to remain in place (let's call them the NWO) are determined to quell any uprising. Frankly they do not want to give up their never ending profit scheme "voluntarily" so the enslaved people are forced to revolt and make them see the error of their ways. To you this is tyranny! To me this is a fight for freedom and righteousness!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

more Adam Curtis

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join