It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am so confused and just sickened by those numbers, it gives one a headache to try and even think about why they are withholding the actual numbers from the public.

I am so sorry clouds, it sounds like a really hard day for everyone.

Bless you guys and keep you in loves arms tonight as you seek comfort with each other. Again I am so happy that you and your family were saved.

Please as painful as it is, keep letting us know the truth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hi Clouds! I'm so sorry for everything you and everyone there are going through and extremely grateful you are safe. I have not been around for a very long time for a variety of reasons, and I'm not really "back" either, but wanted to post here to say hello and wish you all the best in these most trying (understatement!) times. Since the Fukushima ^%$* up all I've been able to say on a daily basis is "wow"... I'm still in shock from that one. If you still have my email let me know if there's anything I can do to help ~

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Breaking in the GP to what we have know is available for decades. Seems like it has been used for experimentation long enough.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey Clouds, Thinking about you and the family. Remember,it is so important you take care of yourself too. Glad you and getready's bro were able to connect and make some headway. Keep fighting
for the truth, this is what you do so well.

You are in my prayers,

Pax

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Good grief, you just have t read this article, I was going to get busy coping and pasting for you, but the whole thing needs to be looked at with an open mind and intelligent awareness.

With response to tornadoes, FEMA begins to rebuild its reputation

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why were the police and sheriffs acting very strange when the CNN reporters tried to tour the area close to the morgue and some of the damaged areas?

They were told by the officials that the morgue is in a secret location. Also, told that if they had cameras that they'd better get rid of them.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Why were the police and sheriffs acting very strange when the CNN reporters tried to tour the area close to the morgue and some of the damaged areas?

They were told by the officials that the morgue is in a secret location. Also, told that if they had cameras that they'd better get rid of them.....

Because the longer they can keep the identities of the deceased secret, the longer they have to plunder the dead's belongings before taking what's left after them and turning it over to the state. You didn't think they were restricting areas for mostly safety reasons, did you?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Because the longer they can keep the identities of the deceased secret, the longer they have to plunder the dead's belongings before taking what's left after them and turning it over to the state. You didn't think they were restricting areas for mostly safety reasons, did you?

Interesting....

I know its something very strange about that; the CNN reporters said that there are road blocks everywhere and that they were stopped and questioned as if they were trying to get onto a military installation.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Please, knock the crap off about the bodies... Try to sum up the self control for the time being and quit with the conspiracy theories and criticism for the morgues. There are reasons they are doing what they are doing.

The reason for the delays is because in the very first identification, a mother accidentally misidnetified her son in the morgue (meaning the body she said was her son, was not, which caused issues with another family). This is why they are taking the extra precautions with DNA and dental records in addition to personal identification by family members.

Second - The reason the cameras are not allowed is self evident. Its NONE of the medias business - period. There are bodies in the morgue who have not been identified yet. How would you like to be the person who is watching tv and see a CNN camera crew strolling through the morgue when you see a loved one dead and knew nothing about it yet?

The families will always be the first notified about the death of a loved one during messes like this, as it should be.

Third - The reason the morgues are a secret is to avoid exactly what we saw on CNN. A distraught family member demanding to see bodies with a camera crew present. Emotions are high, and the stress takes its toll, on both, the people who lost a loved one as well as the group of people who have to process dead bodies as they come into the morgues.

Have you ever had to deal with the death of a loved one? Multiply that death by 126 to date, and it will give you some idea of the stress level the process teams are facing. Couple that with the stress of knowing the families want to know if they have loved ones who died, all the while making sure not one person is misidentified, which as we have seen in the past, can have even more devestating consequences. Also, contrary to what people watch on tv movies, bodies will not always be in one piece, especially when you have debris being flung iun excess of 200mph. I will elt you use your imagaination here instead of me describing what has been found in some areas.

To those who want to complain, or specualte - If you arent in Joplin, then please keep your comments to yourself. Those of us here are doing our best and have also been trying to do our best to update people on this thread who have family / friends / loved ones here.

Show a little compassion would you please?
edit on 27-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Very nice explanation. To sum up and make it as easy as possible for people to understand..........It's called
respect!

My gosh, I am surprised by some of these comments. It is common sense that the people whose world has been turned upside at the very least deserve some privacy.. For all those that want to help, how about starting with respecting someones privacy and allowing them to deal with what is before them.

I don't mean to sound rude, but now is not the time to go forth with conspiracy theories.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I'm really shocked you posted this. They were probably "acting strange" due to the horror of the situation. One realizes what horrible sights they are dealing with after reading the few personal accounts of people that were there. I'm sure seeing people walk up with cameras and hungry reporters after seeing what they have seen and knowing how disrespectful and forever the hungry internet feeds on things like this.....

"If you have cameras... you better get rid of them"..... is most likely a statement warning them that there are scenes that will forever be embedded in the minds of those who've seen them so it is certainly not something you want to record.

We are looking at a lot of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, no doubt, in the near future for the residents of Joplin and those who have entered to assist in rescue and clean-up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

Well said! Excellent Post! You said it better than me! And yes, PTSD will be a huge part of this equation. I just pray that the people who are helping take care of themselves as well.

Pax

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would like to give a BIG thank you and internet hug to those that have been posting updates and information. I have not been watching alot of cable/network news and I'm truly grateful for everything that has been posted here. Not only are many of you dealing with this crisis first hand, but you are also taking the time to keep us anonymous "web people" updated and informed. I would take all of you over the news people any day. It is unimaginable what you are going through and I wanted to atleast let you know that it is appreciated and you are all in my thoughts, including your family/friends/coworkers.

As for this whole business about the morgue, I do beleive what Xcathdra posted yesterday about a news crew sneaking into the hospital to take pictures could be one of the reasons security is so tight. Stupid news crews will do anything for a story. I know, I used to work in media. xcathdra's post here

OiO

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

You would not want to discover a gruesome picture of your loved one prior to being informed officially. There is respect for the dead. Leaving cameras out is the right thing to do at this point.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Star for you, also to tell the truth I think another reason is that the actual numbers are much much higher than they are admitting at present.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

That would be my roomate who took the photos...

I have a couple of new stories to tell.

#1. The X-rays that were reported to have been found 30-something miles away, actually belonged to one of my brother's students. He got a call Wed night and somebody asked them if he was "John Doe" that had an arm X-rayed last Friday night. He said yes, and they said they found his X-rays. BUT, the X-rays were over 30 miles away, LOL!

#2. After being frustrated with the operations and not being able to help much, he found two terrific outlets last night. ***He is a Mason, so he visited the Webb City lodge and found out they had been organizing supply drops, searches, and delivering food and water every day this week! They meet at the Lodge every morning at 7:30 a.m. and they go out and assist any way they can. The Lodge had 10 members lose their homes, 4 missing, and 1 dead (I think those numbers are what he told me.). ***He also found a church that needed manual labor, they have been staging and delivering supplies that are coming in. So, last night, he was able to deliver a pickup truck full of soap, and last I talked to him, he was on his way back for another load. Which leads to #3...

#3. On his way back into the damage zone last night, he spotted a new fire, and it had spread into a wildfire, he called authorities and they asked him to stay there and wait for deputies to arrive so he could direct them to the fire. That was the last I talked to him, so I don't have any more details on it yet.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

There are conspiracies involved already, but for now we just have to keep this in the forefront of the news or risk even more degradation of the survivors.

What I want to know is if people are receiving the relief being sent from all over the country, or are they still compiling it in warehouses?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you for that report!!!!

What a small world we live in!

So the 'famous' X-ray was someone close, one of our own in some ways!

I am so glad to hear about your brother again doing what he most, needs to be doing... helping.

I will contact you later via U2U I could use some contacts for relief and perhaps your Brother can make sure they get to the most in need via his Lodge.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is an interactive map that shows a stark, painful reality of the aftermath of the storm:

Before and After Satellite Image of Joplin, MO

Even the trees are gone. It is scorched Earth, like the Russian's moved through in full retreat from Napoleon. Only grasshoppers could have left it looking more "picked over" and destroyed.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Whoa...

1st, I can clearly understand why cameras weren't allowed inside the morgue...(duhhh)
I was talking about the fact that there were damage locations that the reporters were not allowed in....

If anyone had seen the CNN footage on this, you'd know what I was what talking about, (and it wasn't the morgue)

So pardon me for noticing this.....

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join