It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Its not just Joplin that ook damage. just East of Joplin is the city of Dusquene, who also took some nasty damage as well. While its considered one community, lets not forget about them either.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sad news for our friend Will.......the young man lost in the hummer..........His body was found late last night........He was our son's best friend growing up who lived across the street............

Our family is saddened for his family's loss................Prayers go out for all those who have lost loved ones………

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i]reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I'm glad the family finally found him. I'm sorry that he didn't survive. I'm sorry for his family's loss and your family's loss Clouds.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OK just popping in, Clouds I am so sorry. However for the family to not know was far worse in some ways. This is so tragic and the survivors will be experiencing survivor guilt, the Father of the young man is going to need so much support.

I dont know what else to say, I am busting ass in the gardens to send extras your way.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There are so many stories and too often we hear the ones that have sad endings…………

Will, who everyone knows as the boy being sucked out of the Hummer, was our son’s best friend growing up. Tragedies like these are felt all across this city. Everyone knows someone that was affected directly……………

But many did survive the impossible odds. Here is a survivor’s story……

One of my employees lived a block or two west of Rangeline Rd, If you looked across the street today you would see what was once Home Depot……..Her house was directly in the center of the path.

She is a single mother of two small children who were luckily spending the day with their father in Springfield.

As she was pulling into her driveway the storm was moving rapidly over her home……….

She saw the storm coming and wanted to get inside her home for protection. As she parked the car she attempted to open the door for it to only be slammed shut do to the force of the winds. The windows in the car all shattered at once due to the pressure………..She leaned down below the steering column and grasped onto something underneath her seat. The suction became so strong her legs were sucked out the driver’s window. With her head on the floor board and her feet out the window she held on for her life………

The car was picked up as it twisted around before being thrown into the base of a tree……..

She said the noise was horrifying like a deep growl. When the storm finally past, she let go from under the seat to find her car full of debris and a 8 inch kitchen knife from someone else’s kitchen resting on her side.……..

She climbed out the window to witness the brutal devastation of this storm. The first sounds she heard were voices crying for help………….

She looked at her neighbor’s house who was a senior on hospice. The house was gone except for parts of the bedroom still standing where he laid in bed with his hospice nurse by his side………….

She quickly moved toward the cries for help………..She found a lady whose leg was almost completely severed off…….She placed a tourniquet around the leg to help stop the bleeding………….

As she continued helping others she realized her feet were hurting. Her shoes and socks had been sucked off her feet and she did not even know it……….

Although she had a few minor cuts and bruises, she continued helping others that evening before finally resting at a friend’s home.

Her house is gone as well as her car….....…….But she survived the storm with what’s most important…….Her two children and her life………………

Not only is she a great employee but a great person for her heroics demonstrated after the storm………..

edit on 28-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Sad news for our friend Will.......the young man lost in the hummer..........His body was found late last night........He was our son's best friend growing up who lived across the street............

Our family is saddened for his family's loss................Prayers go out for all those who have lost loved ones………

Clouds, I am so sorry for the loss of Will. I have been following the story since the beginning. I remember the heart-breaking news when they first reported the mistake in identity at the hospital.

May I ask where they found his body?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

That is an amaaaazing story. It's like all of Hell's forces battled against her and ***she*** prevailed, to immediately do good work. Like when you have a universe full of darkness, and a pinhead sized point of light appears, it can be endlessly seen. Goodness takes center stage notice in this matrix/dimension where negative is always the rule of being defaulted to.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
...and more storms are on the way.....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

his aunt said in a news conference today they found his body in a pond not far from his car. It took so long to find his body in the pond because it was filled with debris

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

you know thats a dirty little word you said there. I'm so sick of the storms and rain

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012

you know thats a dirty little word you said there. I'm so sick of the storms and rain

Makes 2 of us.. I am getting a respit for the week.. Heading out west for the week for background and polygraph for new job.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Incredible story of courage, resilience, and survival. So glad you shared this with us. It is nice to hear a
first hand account of a true survivor. I cannot imagine what I would do in this same situation. What a beautiful
woman this is.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
for those that missed the memorial service in Joplin today here is a transcript of the president's statement

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Thank you so much. Please, please be seated.
AUDIENCE MEMBER: I love you, Obama!
THE PRESIDENT: I love Joplin! (Applause.) I love Joplin.
AUDIENCE MEMBER: We love Joplin!
THE PRESIDENT: We love Joplin. (Applause.)
Thank you, Governor, for that powerful message, but more importantly, for being here with and for your people every step of the way. We are grateful to you, to Reverend Gariss, Father Monaghan. I'm so glad you got in that tub. (Laughter and applause.) To Reverend Brown for that incredibly powerful message. (Applause.)

To Senator Claire McCaskill, who's been here, and Congressman Billy Long; Mayor Woolston. To Craig Fugate. It doesn't get a lot of attention, but he heads up FEMA, our emergency response at the federal level. He's been going from Tuscaloosa to Joplin and everywhere in between tirelessly doing outstanding work. We're grateful for him. Gail McGovern, the President of the National Red Cross, which has contributed mightily to the rebuilding efforts here.

Most of all, to the family and friends of all those who've been lost and all those who've been affected. Today we gather to celebrate the lives of those we've lost to the storms here in Joplin and across the Midwest, to keep in our prayers those still missing, to mourn with their families, to stand together during this time of pain and trial.

And as Reverend Brown alluded to, the question that weighs on us at a time like this is: Why? Why our town? Why our home? Why my son, or husband, or wife, or sister, or friend? Why?
rest of speech is here

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just learned that my nurse’s aunt has been found. She has been in the morgue since late Sunday night of the initial impact.

I had assisted her during the whole process and witnessed first hand the bureaucracy of the Federal Governments lack of urgency in identifying the unidentified in the morgue.

Governor Nixon announced as we went into this weekend that he was putting the Highway Patrol in charge of assisting families in identifying their loved ones bodies from the morgue.

Aunt Pat’s family received a call Saturday morning and was given a liaison dedicated to their family that would help them with their search in the morgue.

If you weren’t already mad for the time delay in identifying the bodies and my other reports of turning away volunteers……. what I am about to inform you should………….

The liaison from the State Police Dept informed the family that the Federal Government would not release information obtained from the family on Tuesday to the State to assist in their identification.

Meaning that the liaison had to come out to the family’s home on Saturday morning and gather information on their loved one for the second time.

So while America and the rest of the world watched Gov Nixon praise Pres. Obama for his presence and the Federal Governments response during the memorial ceremony ………behind the scenes Gov Nixon had taken matters into his own hands…………..

Sunday the family was notified by the State Police liaison that Aunt Pat was identified in the morgue by the State’s team.

The Federal Government provided no assistance per the liaison in the identification process.

I have a greater respect for Gov Nixon now………..and a much lesser one…….for our Federal Government……..

After watching the response to Katrina, the BP oil spill.............and the grim reality of the recent reports coming out of Tuscaloosa Alabama……….

It just reinforces the question concerning our Federal Government over the past couple of years…….

WHY?

You should also see my post here concerning much of the information being reported by another so called Joplin resident.. Link To Post

edit on 30-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Like all of you I feel badly that this destruction has happened and some lives were lost. Having said that...I would like to know why so many think that HAARP is responsible for this? Why would we want to destroy our own land and people? I just don't get it...it makes no sense to me.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Like all of you I feel badly that this destruction has happened and some lives were lost. Having said that...I would like to know why so many think that HAARP is responsible for this? Why would we want to destroy our own land and people? I just don't get it...it makes no sense to me.

weapons testing

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The FEderal Government has nothing to do with identifing bodies.. The State and FEds sent in teams to assist the locals in that process. The locals have already stated they will be doing dental and DNA testing on all bodies to confirm who they are after an initial identification of a body was incorrect and cause initial confusion and more pain and suiffering to the family who thought their loved one was alive when in fact he was not.

Also, not all bodies are intact.

I am sorry for your loss, and my explanation is not intended to act as an excuse. Just explainaing why it is the way it is.

If there is anything you need or anything I can do please let me know..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by caladonea

weapons testing

Respectfully, this is not even remotely funny or appropriate... HAARP had absolutely nothing to do with this, and neither does the FEderal Government, so if we could move beyond those theories.. please....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

With due respect……..You are completely incorrect. D’MORT (Federal Program under the Dept of Homeland Security) took over the morgue on Tuesday 24th. State and local authorities were not allowed to provide any information concerning the processes or information to the public………But I am sure you already know that based on the information you have been providing from your post.

State and Local authorities were not working in conjunction with D’MORT………They were there to assist………….

As I stated in my last post, D’MORT would not release family information to the State Highway Patrol assigned to help the families locate their family members in the morgue………

That is a FACT!!

WHY? What a waste of resources………….

Saturday morning a liaison officer had to come out to the family’s home gather pictures and dental records. He did not take DNA at this time.

Late Saturday evening he notified the family that he had a possible lead. Sunday morning he called the family and notified them of their loss……….

Without the help of D’MORT, (which was confirmed by the officer) the Liaison was able to positively identify the lost member in the morgue within 24hours.

By your comments in your post it sounds like you work for an agency or have close contact to certain departments………..

If there is anything you need or anything I can do please let me know..

The problem is if you’re not a family member or someone assisting to help those who have lost a loved one you would NOT KNOW THIS INFORMATION and that D’MORT is unwilling to assist in providing previously collected information to the State Highway Patrol.

I was listening to the radio this AM driving to work as they praised the Federal Government and State for their efforts in identifying the bodies……….Unless you have a missing family member and you have been dealing with D’MORT and the State Highway Patrol you would have the same opinion as the radio broadcasters.

Unfortunately that is not the case……………….

As I stated in an earlier post……….I want to make sure Joplin gets off to a running start on the rebuilding process………..The reports we are seeing out of Tuscaloosa Alabama bring a grim reality to our threshold…………

I believe you live in Joplin………I would be glad to meet with you.

I can only present the information as I witnessed it…….

My nurse was the family member leading the charge in the family’s quest to get information from D’MORT……………..She is PISSED!! …….As well as I!!

If you work for an agency or have information that can answer the big question of “WHY”……Then we would be glad to sit down with you……..

Thanks for your response and I hope to hear from you…………..

edit on 31-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Clouds, this is beyond ridiculous. I read the transcript of Obama's speech in Joplin. His praise of FEMA, and the federal govt. was sickening. The entire time I asked myself, what exactly did they do to help.

Not trying to offend anyone on here, but if you look at the run around that Clouds nurse got, you have to ask yourself why? furthermore, if this was a member of your family, you would be more than pissed.

The only answer I can come up with, is straight incompetency and frankly, they did not know what in the hell they were doing. I believe if we left matters like this to the local govt. things would run much smoother. Then we contact the Feds for the financial assistance we need.

Bottom line, when the Feds are involved there are too many Leaders and not enough followers. All about POWER!

Sorry to hear this news Clouds. Keep us posted on the truth as you learn more. My best to your significant other and the kids.

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join