It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man found chained in raft on river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Man found chained in raft on river

A crab fisherman discovered a 32-year-old Williamsburg man wrapped in chains floating in a life raft on the James River, near Hogg Island, around 7 a.m. Friday.

The man was chained to a black box in the raft.

State Police technicians x-rayed the box and determined it only contained sand.

Read the actual copy and view the associated video at the link.

The facts of the story are interesting enough, but what I really find disturbing is how this story is played from the potential terrorist incident point-of-view. Now everything is assessed from that perspective.

What a terrible place for our culture to have arrived. :shk:
edit on 22-5-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is just a guy who stated on the news that Obama's birth certificated was a fake. Obama has way's to make you disappear if he wills it....
edit on 22-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Remember back in the days when people found boxes left out in the middle of the freeway or some other weird place? Did people think it was terrorist related or just done by a nutcase or prank?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Now that is just plain weird. You do not see stories like that everyday. Wonder what this guy will have to say when he comes too.

Deebo

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe it was a failed suicide. He got drunk, chained a box of sand to sink him to the bottom of the river, but forgot to jump in

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I'm thinking you have the most probable answer! lol

Perhaps he didn't want to get taken up for the whole rapture thing

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
He had one hell of a dominatrix

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Looks like a bad attempt at planking.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Would have to agree with what you said. I think the guy fully intended to take his own life!
That would explain the chains and box of sand. He wouldnt be coming back to the surface with that wrapped round him

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Most normal people don't drown themselves.. it's one of the most traumatic ways to die, as well as painful and long lasting.

I have to agree though, this terrrrist BS is getting really old, it's absolutely pathetic. We have a train catch fire here recently and Homeland Security insisted on taking over because no one could fathom a train derailing on it's own carrying ethanol and catching fire.

Perhaps it's simply because our police is mostly ex-military now, and the PTSD of boxes on the side of the road killing them ingrained some sense that all boxes must be bombs.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It is getting very old, indeed.

I think we will learn he was placed there by someone else.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Did the guy say anything about the sound of dueling banjos?

Well, they didn't dwell on the terrorist angle; they just briefly mentioned it. Get used to it, though... once bitten, twice shy.

new topics

top topics

join