It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, is there any logical argument against gay marriage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Yes, there sure is. "Marriage" is a ritual derived from Christian origins between a man and a women. There is no authority derived from the state other than what that religion allows the state to perform in it's stead.

Being that Christian religion negates same sex orientation so does it negate same sex marriage. If gay people want to hook up on the same level legally they are going to have to call it something else because marriage is not a federal government right to be given and thus, not within there authority to grant.

Face it, the religious act you seek is the same religion that casts you out. Seek something else because here, you have no way to win, logic is not on your side.
Execpt there are Churches who will marry gays. Also, gay marriage is nowhere mentioned in the bible. Your comment was one of those idiotic arguments I was referring to.
edit on 21-5-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree but disagree with you. Islam and Judaism also speak of marriage.

In Islam, marriage is a covenant between a MAN and WOMAN under the authority of GOD.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by LexiconV

Well then, I can only summarize you live in a country that does not understand the difference between a religious act and an institution of law from the state.

GAY PEOPLE CAN NOT BE MARRIED, they ask for permission to perform a religious act from the same religion that condemns them. Can you possible be any more ignorant or obtuse?

Call it something else or stop the crusade because it is lunacy.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

I always know I've made my point when people start to resort to personal abuse. Its at that stage when their inner self starts talking to its ego.
Yes your sig has it... fear what you don't know... in your case it is your unjudging soul coming from the depths of your ego encrusted mind that just felt the tremble of your own truth.

Have a great day and keep listening to your soul. Just pick up a mirror before you say or type anything else.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would simply say because its not natural and is not as nature intended. Neanderthal man knew that man was ment to be with women. Otherwise half the world would now be gay. Man is not ment to be with man. Thats the wrong way to go.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Don't believe or care about marriage since it is something that is derived from religious institutions. The state should not recognize marriages, but should only recognize civil unions between two consenting adults. The churches themselves should decide whom to marry. Marriage is a private matter..A civil union should be no different in regards to the benefits a married couple would have now.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

Monkey's and other primates actually have same sex relations all the time. Bonobos in particular as well as chimps, so to say it is unnatural I'm sorry is wrong.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
For those arguing about the continuation of the human specie...I can't help, but laugh. There are billions of humans infesting the planet right now. That's billions more than any apex predator in the history of the earth I believe. Try using something less stupid as an argument next time.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Being that Christian religion negates same sex orientation so does it negate same sex marriage. If gay people want to hook up on the same level legally they are going to have to call it something else because marriage is not a federal government right to be given and thus, not within there authority to grant.

The federal government and the Christian religion are two completely separate things. Marriage exists in both, but can exist in one without the other.

If the Church wants a say in government it can pay taxes! I don't mean lobbyist dollars, I mean percentage tax on all property, income (including donations) and holdings - just like any other business. Faith and religion are not the same thing.
If the government tried to infringe on your religion you'd be up in arms. Yet religion seems to think it has a say in government. Not true at all.

Gay marriage affords people rights. Bigotry, and dogma are what's standing in the way of these rights.
Either way, it's insane.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a sin against God. That's enough for me. Sounds logical to me why you shouldn't commit homosexuality.

What more can be said ?

edit on 21-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

When you say all the time that does not mean that all of them are at it. Even the other baboons know its wrong otherwise the majority would be gay.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

It is still not unnatural and with regards to Bonobos it goes both ways a lot of the day, feel free to look up the studies. Not my cup of tea to read through the study of apes doing it. But, it is not uncommon and not unnatural for it to happen in a lot of primates societies, in fact Orangutans also do so commonly. Here just for you it looks like dolphins and elephants get jiggy with everything as well www.psychologytoday.com...
edit on 5/21/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by No Retreat No Surrender
I would simply say because its not natural and is not as nature intended. Neanderthal man knew that man was ment to be with women. Otherwise half the world would now be gay. Man is not ment to be with man. Thats the wrong way to go.

I love the 'not natural' argument. Please research homosexuality, hermaphrodites and transsexualism in nature.

Eg.. all natural.
news.softpedia.com...

conservationreport.com...

www.nature.com...

Please refrain from ignorance... as it confirms an opinion not just within yourself but also within others.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Homosexuality is a sin against God. That's enough for me. Sounds logical to me why you shouldn't commit homosexuality.

What more can be said ?

Because God isn't real. There, I said it.

That's not even necessarily what I believe, but we don't know for sure either way. We can't allow a mythical being who's existence is unproven make all our decisions for us.

If there is a supreme creator, who has in his almighty power created the entire conceivable universe, than I can damn sure guarantee that he has absolutely no concern whatsoever if two dudes decide to have sex with each other.

Besides, if he hated gay people so much why would he make them that way?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Yes, there sure is. "Marriage" is a ritual derived from Christian origins between a man and a women. There is no authority derived from the state other than what that religion allows the state to perform in it's stead.

Face it, the religious act you seek is the same religion that casts you out. Seek something else because here, you have no way to win, logic is not on your side.
Execpt there are Churches who will marry gays. Also, gay marriage is nowhere mentioned in the bible. Your comment was one of those idiotic arguments I was referring to.

I seriously hope your kidding...... I really do.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Helious

I agree but disagree with you. Islam and Judaism also speak of marriage.

In Islam, marriage is a covenant between a MAN and WOMAN under the authority of GOD.

Does it really matter? Religion does not want men to marry men, women to marry women. Period, does not matter the religion because there would be no way to continue the species.

Call it something else, no religion wants same sex marriage. If you say different, please show me cause I call BS.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by goos3
reply to post by technical difficulties

One reason, its wrong.
That is not a reason. Provide us WHY it is wrong, then you have a reason.

Example:

Argument against Murder?
- It's Wrong.

Argument against rape?
- It's Wrong.

Argument against gay marriage?
- It's Wrong.

You don't need more of a reason than, IT'S WRONG.
It's called Morals, everyone has them.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yes , it dosen't make Sense . The Traditional Definition of Marriage is between a Man and a Woman with the Possibility of Procreating another Human Being .To try and Redefine it is just a Selfish Act of Desperation by those who cannot except the Status Quo . Unions between Same Sex Partners will just have to be Defined in Another way , it's as Simple as that ...........

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Yes , it dosen't make Sense . The Traditional Definition of Marriage is between a Man and a Woman with the Possibility of Procreating another Human Being .To try and Redefine it is just a Selfish Act of Desperation by those who cannot except the Status Quo . Unions between Same Sex Partners will just have to be Defined in Another way , it's as Simple as that ...........
By your logic, infertile couples and old people shouldn't be allowed to get married, as well as people who aren't planning on having kids anytime soon. Your argument is nothing more than a argument from tradition, which is by no means a logical argument.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

What is Wrong with Tradition ? Procreation in Marriage is Optional . Trying to Twist my Words is a Lame attempt at a Counterpoint . You can do better than that man , Think !
edit on 21-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

By your logic, infertile couples and old people shouldn't be allowed to get married, as well as people who aren't planning on having kids anytime soon. As for procreation, people can adopt and get a surrograte mother, or even get artifically inseminated. Your argument is nothing more than a argument from tradition, which is by no means a logical argument.

He said "with a possibility".
What do you not get?
OH OH i get it, your one of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join