It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone actually like our president?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone here actually likes President Bush and the positive things he has done for America. I know there have been problems, just wondering if anyone out there is on his side instead of Kerry's.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I, for one, fully support President Bush. If you browse the forums some, you find there are others who do as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank you. I support him a thousand percent as well and think he is getting a raw deal from all this badmouthing by the democrats and the liberals. He can't seem to do anything right in anyones eyes. No matter what he does, he gets criticized for it. The man has gone grey over the last four years!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow are you gonna get some stinging responses.

The man is not evil. He does not want to trample civil rights. He does care about how we are seen in the world.

What he does is pick a direction and go. Any one who says he does change direction simply wants a fight and does not read.

Sounds like a good President.

Lets see how long it takes for the bashing to begin.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The man you are referring to is our president, correct? Not his opponent....let me know. Bring on the stinging responses. I think he is doing the best job he can.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do I like Bush Jr.? No!

Is is because I am part of an opposing political party? No, as I affiliate myself to none of them. It is because I am a human being and think about the bigger picture.

What are my reasons for disliking him? Try checking the million threads on this topic before creating a new one and you might see.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
every president ages a decade in the four years of his term....nothing new.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
The man you are referring to is our president, correct? Not his opponent....let me know. Bring on the stinging responses. I think he is doing the best job he can.

That's the whole problem. He is doing the best job he can. And he is doing an absolutely terrible job. I am not going to give you any specifics, because you will just call it Bush bashing, and start explaining what a strong, effective leader he is.

The fact is, Bush is the worst President in history. He is totally unqualified and incompetent to be President. That is amply demonstrated by the fact that in four years he has taken the country from economic prosperity to economic disaster, while also taking the country from the most admired, respected country in the world to the most feared, dispised country in the world.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks Bush is a competent President or has done a good job is totally out of contact with reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Our country has been hated for a long time. He did not cause this to happen. They hate our freedom and our liberties. They hate our way of life and have for a long time. Remember the World Trade Center attack in 1993 when the great stainmaker was president? He was too busy worrying about getting head under his desk than worrying about retaliating. I suppose you think Mr. Clinton was a great president, even though he pissed all over the honor of the presidency. It's the Clinton lovers that need a dose of reality. So does Mr. Michael Moore and his outlandish theories.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You know, I sort of like the guy....but I no longer respect him, I have no confidence in his skills, or of those around him. History, I think, will judge Bush and his administration as the worst ever to have led this country. No, this is not saying that Kerry, Nader, or anyone else will be better. Bush has proven beyond any doubt that he is inept. So we should give others a chance to prove themselves as being.......?

Respects,

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I like GW Bush. I think he is, first and foremost, a good, honest man. He has taken the helm of the Ship of State in perhaps the most dangerous time in American history and has taken decisive action to take the war to the terrorists' own turf.

He has displaced the oppressive Taliban in Afghanistan and has displaced and captured a brutal tyrant in Iraq. Osama bin Laden is on the run and will be captured in due time. Despite the impact of 9/11 on the economy, we have seen an economic growth in the last year.

George W. Bush is an honorable man who is more than equal to the enormous task of the Presidency in these times of peril. Oh, and he has never betrayed his countrymen by supporting the communist takeover of South Vietnam and the global expansion of communism.

George W. Bush is the best President of my lifetime and I have seen more than a few. He's light-years ahead of his predecessor.

[edit on 04/8/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well said! Thank you GradyPhilpott! You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am a mere Canadian. I dont know much about the presedents of the USA. I know there names, and maybe allitle about there history (what i can remember). Presedent Bush, in my eyese is a war monger. I belive this not becuase of hate for the USA (i support them fully) but for the actions that he has taken with the people from the middle east. Although he delt with what was placed in front of him in the way that he though best, I still think that he could have settled it in a more civil way. Now a days i see Bush as a sort of a comical figure, with all the cartoons and games that have been made of him. Infact, i feel kind of sorry for him. But regardless of the fact that he is a bit of a war monger I still think that he would be a better presedent (if there were one) than what we got now in Canada with Paul Martain. To put it simple, I dont hate Bush, I dont like Bush, I dont care about Bush. Just a view from a simple Canadian.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Our country has been hated for a long time. He did not cause this to happen.

You obviously have no knowledge of the history of the last sixty years. Prior to the Presidency of George Bush, the U.S. was by far the most admired and respected country in the world. When American Presidents visited European capitals, they were greeted with huge, cheering crowds. Now Bush either does not appear in public, or is greeted with hundreds of thousands of angry anti-American demonstrators. Bush did cause this to happen. His foreign and war policies are the direct cause of our being hated and reviled by the rest of the world.

They hate our freedom and our liberties.

That is a complete and total lie. Bush originally told the lie. You swallowed it, and are now regurgitating it. What the rest of the world hates is our using our superior military force to invade other countries and intimidate others into submitting to our will.

They hate our way of life and have for a long time.

No one hates our way of life. Everyone envies it.

Remember the World Trade Center attack in 1993 when the great stainmaker was president? He was too busy worrying about getting head under his desk than worrying about retaliating.

What is it with you Bush lovers? Every time Bush is criticized, you bring up Clinton. NEWSFLASH! Bill Clinton has not been President for four years. And you all love to use slime tactics. Stainmaker??? Please. Can you please explain to me why Republicans are so obsessed with the fact that Monica Lewinsky fellated Bill Clinton? Is it because your life is devoid of oral sex?

I suppose you think Mr. Clinton was a great president, even though he pissed all over the honor of the presidency.

Yes, Bill Clinton was a great President. Lying about one's private sex life is not pissing all over the honor of the Presidency. In eight years, Clinton took the country from a budget deficit of over $200 billion to a budget surplus of over $200 billion. The government was on course to pay off the national debt. Clinton reduced the size of the federal government and reformed welfare. He signed NAFTA and other free trade treaties. Over 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Presidency. If you compare Bush's record, point by point, Bush is clearly a miserable failure.

It's the Clinton lovers that need a dose of reality. So does Mr. Michael Moore and his outlandish theories.

Clinton will go down in history as a great, though flawed, President. Bush will go down in history as the worst President ever. It is you who need a dose of reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I like your president.

Bush is a bad a$$, he stands up for what he belives(hes got the bad a$$ texas attitude). Hes been made to look alot worse than he is too because he was in office when the terrorist attacks happened. I belive hes doing the best he can do with the situationhe was given.

He doesnt butter up words and speaches to make them sound more proffesional (giving the press a good bunch of outtakes). He just says it like it is. I think he apeals to atleast half of the USA this way too, that why hes in office.

[edit on 8/3/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Give me a break! I don't know where you get your "theories".....but your post has given me a headache. It's people like you that create problems, not solve them. End of story.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd hang out with Bush. He seems like he likes to party, and I know he love vaccations. As a person he seems ok, i've met a lot of texans who make him seem pretty chill.

However I don't think he is a very good president. I don't think most the people in his cabinet are all that great either. I've been disappointed in some of the things he's done while in office as well, and I helped put him there.

I am a republican. I'll either be voting for Kerry or writing in McCain (if only
).

Unlike most people I have no prblems with his ties to oil, or his method of dealing with the economy, hell I'm a republican. But I won't help reelect someone who put thier signature on the Patriot Act or tried to stifle an idependant investigation of 9/11.

I'd rather risk/deal with Kerry than show support for some of Bush's actions.

*Flees from the politcal thread never to return again.*

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Not at you Humpty. Thanks for making me feel better again with your positive post.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Give me a break! I don't know where you get your "theories".....but your post has given me a headache. It's people like you that create problems, not solve them. End of story.

If you are addressing me, you should get a headache from reading my posts. The headache you are experiencing is caused by cognitive dissonance. That is when you are presented with facts and arguments which call into serious question your most cherished beliefs. You can either acknowledge the truth of the facts, and admit that your cherished beliefs are incorrect, or you can ignore the facts and continue to live in your fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Although he [Bush] delt [sic] with what was placed in front of him in the way that he though [sic] best, I still think that he could have settled it in a more civil way.

First, I want you to know that one of the best friends of my life is a Canadian who served with me in the US Marine Corps. He served with distinction in Vietnam, even though to avoid the draft, he had only to return to Canada. He chose to serve because he was grateful for the life America had given him and his family an opportunity to live.

Now, why _should_ America respond to an attack the magnitude of 9/11 civilly? But, the fact is that America went to the UN. We asked our "allies" to join us and those who were loyal joined us in a coalition. Those who owed us the most, e.g., France and Germany, have shown us how much the lives we sacrificed for their liberty are worth to them.

I wonder why you would call yourself a "mere Canadian." Canada has a noble history. You should be proud and you should be active in your defense of freedom and you should study history so you will come to understand just what the price of freedom really is. You should be very grateful that those who preceded you in history were willing to sacrifice for the liberty you take for granted today.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join