It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone actually like our president?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ivan, I like the way you think.

I recieved my $300 tax check as well and I had to pay it back when I did my taxes. To me that is no tax break.

In order to get a good view about how this great country & this horrible government is really seen, read the news from foreign countries. You will get a real feel on how we are thought of. You will find that people do not really hate our way of life. You will find it is the policies and our treatment of other lands and people. Another thing to look at is the Isreal/Palestine situation. That situation right there is probably what started the wheels of terror turning.

To let you know I do not support anyone this election. Neither Bush, Kerry, Nader no one. They all are controlled by the same people. And you know what? Clinton was controlled by the same people as well. He set the stage perfectly for bush. Why? Becouse Bush needs as much help as he can get. If you do a little digging you would see that Hillary actually works(ed) for a company that Bush senior partially owns. I can not remember what the comapny was called but when I find it I will post it.

Any way I do not like Bush, I do not trust Bush, I will never vote for Bush. I wouldn't even party with Bush. I am too woried he would drink all my beer and smoke all my weed. Hell he probably will snort all the coke(cola) also.

One word for Bush, LIAR!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
GWB was given an economy on a downward slide and 9/11.

His administration has turned around the US economy, freed 2 countries from terrorists and done all this in less than 4 years. Not to bad for a fool aye!

Clintons 8 years as pres, ruined a robust economy handed to him on a silver platter from Bush 41, missed several chances at OBL and got caught getting a hummer from a cow.

O boy, I just want to run out and vote for gun boat Kerry.

john

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Bush is the best president during times of war? he CREATED this hokus pokus war to suit his needs and the needs of those who work for him (or pull his strings).
Call me a crazed individual but I am one of 52% of the nation who dislikes him.
I AM with the majority who cant stand his modus operendi.

Together we will de-throne him and take back this country that is rightfuly ours.

A TRUE PATRIOT AND AN AMERICAN CONCERNED FOR THE WELFARE OF OUR NATION*******

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
bush s&%$s, Kerry s&%$s, they all s&%k. End of story.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
Just wondering if anyone here actually likes President Bush and the positive things he has done for America. I know there have been problems, just wondering if anyone out there is on his side instead of Kerry's.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

I support G.W., this is not a time for change. I am not happy with some of his issues like Gay Marriage and stem cell research but the war on terror is more important. It might be different if we could get a staight answer from Kerry about what he plans to do, other than, fighting a smarter, more effective war on terror. I am also not sure why Kerry thinks he can get countries like France and Germany on our side again to help fight the war on terror. Eitherway, Kerry hasn't shown me ANYTHING yet, he just dodges the question by asking Bush questions. Stand up Kerry, grow some balls, and tell us what you plan to do.

G.W. Bush for 4 more!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't know our president personally, but I think he may be an OK guy. If I were looking for a new buddy, he might fit the bill.

However, he is IMO the worst president I've ever seen. He has no real power. He has allowed the elitist power hungry losers in his administration to do their thing. They are the ones destroying the U.S.

I do not understand how any American can support these folks. The conflicts of interest are overwhelming.

GW is ripe to eventually inherit the war winnings of his dad and his buddies. How many other billionaires are being created by this fiasco we may never know.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
...It might be different if we could get a staight answer from Kerry about what he plans to do, other than, fighting a smarter, more effective war on terror. I am also not sure why Kerry thinks he can get countries like France and Germany on our side again to help fight the war on terror. Eitherway, Kerry hasn't shown me ANYTHING yet, he just dodges the question by asking Bush questions. Stand up Kerry, grow some balls, and tell us what you plan to do...

Well, he has said that his plans for the war on terrorism are secret, that he's been in negotiations with foreign leaders in case he wins, and that he can't reveal his plans until after he's President (if he wins) next January...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

A TRUE PATRIOT AND AN AMERICAN CONCERNED FOR THE WELFARE OF OUR NATION*******

Huh...and you are willing to throw the Unknown Candidate into the White House just because you hate Bush. That is not Patriotism, that is blindly following your hatred. The War is just...it will take time to prove it to your blind a**, but Republicans are used to telling brainwashed Democratic followers how the world "Really" works. The todays Democratic hopeful can't even give us a straight answer on questions regarding the war or any issues besides the "I hate Bush" issue. Then to top it off, the Veteran Platform He Promoted blow up in his face. He says he is a proud and heroic Vietnam Vet because of his questionable metals but that wasn't the case after the war. He came home from the war and influence the American people to HATE the American troops coming home. And now he wants to use his Veteran Status to promote his credibility for President.

G.W. Bush, best choose we've got!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Most probably know I am a conservative guy. I will be voting for Bush in PA and hopefully help give him a key state. He has done many good things in his 4 years. His work in the middle east may not be popular, but will prove to be vital in the future.

The fact is, Bush is doing the dirty job that no liberal would dare take on for fear of public opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Most probably know I am a conservative guy. I will be voting for Bush in PA and hopefully help give him a key state. He has done many good things in his 4 years. His work in the middle east may not be popular, but will prove to be vital in the future.

The fact is, Bush is doing the dirty job that no liberal would dare take on for fear of public opinion.

"Bush is doing the dirty job that no liberal would dare take on for fear of public opinion". Very true.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Now, why _should_ America respond to an attack the magnitude of 9/11 civilly? But, the fact is that America went to the UN. We asked our "allies" to join us and those who were loyal joined us in a coalition. Those who owed us the most, e.g., France and Germany, have shown us how much the lives we sacrificed for their liberty are worth to them.

I wonder why you would call yourself a "mere Canadian." Canada has a noble history. You should be proud and you should be active in your defense of freedom and you should study history so you will come to understand just what the price of freedom really is. You should be very grateful that those who preceded you in history were willing to sacrifice for the liberty you take for granted today.

I agree that he should not say that he is a "mere Canadian" I really like Canada it's beautiful up there. Also of the interviews I have seen with your Prime ministers, they have all been well spoken, articulate, highly inteligent, and thoughtfull.

Here is the problems I have with Bush. I lived in Arlington Texas before he was Governer. For those of you who do not know Arlington is right between Dallas and Ft. Worth and was the home of the Texas Rangers. Might still be.. don't follow Baseball anymore.

Bush was in his mid 30's when he was workging with his brothers in the SnL banks. The SnL Banks were run into bankrupsy but not before a number of the board pulled out their money and let it rot. The brother of the Bush's who never had political asperations is the one who has his signature on everything, but both George and Jeb were in the group that pulled out just before it's collaps in a move not unlike Enron.

Bush Sr. then buys the Texas Rangers for Bush Jr., in the proceeding couple of years the team is so horribly mismanaged that the players go on strike becasue they got no pay checks, they are not payed because the team is Bankrupt.

Bush Jr. runs for governer of Texas and wins with massive smear tacktic against Gov Ann Richards claiming that she is an alcoholic, meanwhile Bush has an arrest record involving Drunken disorderly and assault. He later has a Felonly DWI but I cannot remember if that was before or after the Governer ellections.

After winning the Texas Governership thanks to his Dad. He proceeds to drop the Texas education scores, remove funding for education, run the state damn near bakrupsy (anyone seeing a pattern here?), claims responcibility for tax revinue generated by a Lottary that was actualy put in place by Ann Richards, and my personal favorite... instead of pushing for a public Trans system for Arlington which as I said is right in the middle of Dallas and Ft. Worth (can anyone say a good source of revinue?) Bush pushes for a new Rangers Baseball stadium to be built in Arlington.

After it is built it fails horribly becasue not only is there no parking, but Arlington is now the largest city in the nation with no public trans for people to get to the games.

I move from Arlington up to MD... and Bush is appointed presedent becasue of a dispute of electoral votes in a state run by his brother (at this point I am just paranoid enough to not doubt it if it was a conspiricy) OI!!

Anyway, in the last 4 years he has done exaclty what he has always done to anythign he is in charge of, run it into the ground while making as much personal profit as possible. Lets not forget that one of the first things Bush did as president was push to get his salary increesed by 100%...

I would like a 100%raise in my job before I ever do anything how bout you?

In his 4 years in office, lets talk about his physical apperance and condition shall we? If you look at the degenration of physical condition in the last 5 presidents they have all become noticably thinner or gained a good deal of weight, they all have gone sallow under the eyes from what appears to be lack of sleep. Bush Jr. has gone slightly more gray but about as much as is normal for a man of his age.

Physical reports have been made that he is in good shape. Bush himself has stated that he always gets at least 8 hours of sleep a night and lets also not forget that in only 4 years, Bush has taken more vacation than any other president in history. Not any presedent's 4 years.. but any president of any length of term.

Then can we discus Bush's inability to speak clearly, to be well read, to be articulate, The man has the IQ of a sock full of dead mice and his fathers Cabinet to keep him afloat.

Now if people want to vote for him because he is Republican and they support the Republican party then they should simply say so. But don't call a pile of dung a gold nugget just becasue you want to sell the boots that stepped in it.

Wraith

[edit on 10-8-2004 by wraith30]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
You obviously have no knowledge of the history of the last sixty years. Prior to the Presidency of George Bush, the U.S. was by far the most admired and respected country in the world.

Not. Unless you consider that the U.S. was loved because we were always bailing out countries and saving them from the "evils" of fascism and communism. Our country has been disliked for many, many years, mostly our of jealousy.
If we are so hated, why do people still flock to our borders?

In eight years, Clinton took the country from a budget deficit of over $200 billion to a budget surplus of over $200 billion. The government was on course to pay off the national debt. Clinton reduced the size of the federal government and reformed welfare. He signed NAFTA and other free trade treaties. Over 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Presidency.

That surplus was fiction as fara as I'm concerned. The national debt is more or less fiction, too. Why don't we just wipe it out like we forgive other nation's debts....oh, wait, isnt the how it happened???

Many people feel NAFTA was an un-American act.

22 million jobs created????? Where in India, Indonesia and the Honduras? Or was it the tech sector, before the tech bubble burst?

Clinton will go down in history as a great, though flawed, President. Bush will go down in history as the worst President ever. It is you who need a dose of reality.

I guess it depends on where you sit. I, for one, believe WJC was a good speaker and an amoral person. He was not a terrible President, but certainly not among the greatest.
www.davidstuff.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
...It might be different if we could get a staight answer from Kerry about what he plans to do, other than, fighting a smarter, more effective war on terror. I am also not sure why Kerry thinks he can get countries like France and Germany on our side again to help fight the war on terror. Eitherway, Kerry hasn't shown me ANYTHING yet, he just dodges the question by asking Bush questions. Stand up Kerry, grow some balls, and tell us what you plan to do...

Well, he has said that his plans for the war on terrorism are secret, that he's been in negotiations with foreign leaders in case he wins, and that he can't reveal his plans until after he's President (if he wins) next January...

Sounds like Kerry

OK, its been a long day, did he really say that or do i need sleep?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good points by wraith30, looks like they knew what they were writing about.

Kerry may well be a poor choice for president, but you can't do much worse than Bush anyway. Do people understand anything about finance? Tax cut in the middle of a huge military operation is unheard of. School programs get cut left right and the middle. The economy has not turned around at all, it's all hype. The list can go on.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I am 100 percent behind the President. He is the right man at the right time. No one else could lead this country in a time of war.

Are you kidding? "NO ONE" else??...Im fairly sure some else could have handle the situation..Im not saying Clinton or kerry would have done much better inthe same situation.

But to say that "No one else could lead this country in a time of war" is laughable..to me at least.I dont know if anyone agrees with me.I think we could throw a brick into a crowd and find someone who could "lead this country in a time of war" better than bush,or kerry or clinton.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think Colonel needs to give you a reality check here.

Sure, countries hated us. SOME, hated us, not many like us anymore because of Bush's policies. Thats all I got to say.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I said it once before I'll say it again, they all S%$K. Let's impeach Bush, pull the troops from Iraq & station them at the borders, fill chenney's special place with cement, stop supporting Isreal, and start putting money back into education & health care. Lets bring the jobs BACK to this country, pull out of the world bank, tell the elits to go F themselves and get back to family living. Let's try to live like our forfathers did. I love my country, just not fond of my government.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
I recieved my $300 tax check as well and I had to pay it back when I did my taxes. To me that is no tax break.

That's just your own fault for not having enough taken out during the
year. You need to readjust your exemptions on your tax paperwork
with your employer.

No. I don't like George Bush. But I dislike John Kerry even more.
www.gop.com...

I WISH the race were between Guiliani and Gephardt. Then I'd have
a harder time deciding who to vote for. As it is ... anyone but Kerry.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I do not like nor dislike him...he is doing a good job! Not a great one but a good one. As far as Kerry goes there is something about him that I don't trust, can't quite put my finger on what it is though. Just a gut feeling I have. I don't think we need to change our President right now though!!! We are in the middle of a terrist war and if we change head of command I think they will see it as a weakness on our part. He has this war under control and it needs to stay that way till we do what we came to do and get out of there! We put Kerry in this office and i think they will see it as a chance to get us again!! look at the way these ppl over there operate..they lie and wait for the perfect and most unpredictable time to attack and I feel if we change hands in our command it is just going to start a down-hill spiral and they will see it as weakness on our part! Leave Bush in office, Let him finish what he started and by then his term will be over and we can elect someone else!! No matter how many things Bush might have done or how many lies he may have told, he still got Saddam out of office and in my book that does account for something!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
any tax credit we have recieved, has more than likely been taken back at the state and local level to pay for those essential services and mandated programs that the upper echelons of gov't saw fit to cut funding for...

[edit on 11-8-2004 by dawnstar]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join