Anyone actually like our president?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
Give me a break! I don't know where you get your "theories".....but your post has given me a headache. It's people like you that create problems, not solve them. End of story.

If you are addressing me, you should get a headache from reading my posts. The headache you are experiencing is caused by cognitive dissonance. That is when you are presented with facts and arguments which call into serious question your most cherished beliefs. You can either acknowledge the truth of the facts, and admit that your cherished beliefs are incorrect, or you can ignore the facts and continue to live in your fantasy world.

Yes I AM addressing you. I am NOT living in a fantasy world. And I will not accept or acknowledge the truth of the THEORIES you have.....not FACTS. You are entitled to your views and you are also entitled to be wrong. I am not attacking you. Why attack me? Just because I don't have the same theories as you does not make me any less of a person or wrong for believing in the man who leads our country. I am sure there are a lot of people here that would agree with me. The picture you have near your name alone only shows the kind of person you are.....apparently a Clinton lover. Clinton lovers hate Bush or anyone associated with him and will pull theories out of the air just to bash him. Does anyone agree with me?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Awful defensive for someone so sure of their beliefs!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Awful defensive for someone so sure of their beliefs!

Not defensive...just don't like to be personally attacked. That is all I am saying. I am entitled to believe in what I believe to be true. A lot of people would agree.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Anthsbabe]

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Anthsbabe]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Now, why _should_ America respond to an attack the magnitude of 9/11 civilly?

The answer to that question is simple. We are no longer in the 1900's we are in the 2000's. Now throught all the years of war and fighting havent we learned anything? Why must we answer violence with violence. Im sry i just dont see the logic. I have always grown up to be a good person, one that does not solve my problems with fists but rather with reason. If I someone were to push me would i push them back? What will I gain from coninuing something such as this? You kill some of my men, i kill some of urs? I thought that we had evolved from the times of war. Canada seems to be one of the only countries that has somewhat done so. I realize that you cannot just sit there when dealing with something as big as 9/11 infact i was on a vacation at the momment and was completely outraged when i found out at the vancouver RCMP station. If you ask me though going into the middle east with all of ur friends and killing some people isnt going to solve anything. Im sry it just doesnt work that way. If you would like me to state some alternitives i would be glad : ).

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I wonder why you would call yourself a "mere Canadian."

I called myself a "mere Canadain" not out of discrace but becuase of the situation. I am not an American. I do not live in your country, therefore i do not know your presedent, what he does, why he does it, or even what you guys think in your day to day lives. Therefore by calling myself a "mere Canadain" i did not mean to in any way discrace my country, but rather to show that I dont know much about your country as I was not born there, and have never been there and therefore i do not know squat about your country except that which i have been told. I am a proud Canadian but would it have done me justice to any of the Americans here to say that I am better than them. I have been involved in many stupid arguements about which country is better. They seem completly pointless to me. By pokeing my head into the USA matters I am not only invadeing there space but I am possibly angering them as like i said above IM NOT AMERICAN and this is an american issue. Im sry if calling myself a "mere Canadian" offended you but as i saw it it was fitting for the situation that i was in.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It just amazes me that no matter what bush does none of it can be as awful as clinton getting a BJ

And for the record before the bu#es start cussing me for being a clinton lover I didnt like either of them

Vote Libertarian

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I promise I won't vote for Clinton, if you promise you won't vote for G.W.!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
Yes I AM addressing you. I am NOT living in a fantasy world. And I will not accept or acknowledge the truth of the THEORIES you have.....not FACTS.

My posts are part opinion, and part fact. There are no theories, but if you want to call my opinions theories, that's OK. Why don't you go through my previous posts in this thread and tell me what you think are theories, as opposed to fact. I will assume anything you don't mention you accept as fact. For example, do you claim that the following are not facts?

In eight years, Clinton took the country from a budget deficit of over $200 billion to a budget surplus of over $200 billion. The government was on course to pay off the national debt. Clinton reduced the size of the federal government and reformed welfare. He signed NAFTA and other free trade treaties. Over 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Presidency.

You are entitled to your views and you are also entitled to be wrong. I am not attacking you. Why attack me?

How am I attacking you? You said I needed a dose of reality, so I told you you needed a dose of reality. That is an attack? Quit whining about personal attacks and discuss the issues, if you can.

Just because I don't have the same theories as you does not make me any less of a person or wrong for believing in the man who leads our country.

Who said you were any less of a person? You are putting words in my mouth. That is called a strawman argument.

I am sure there are a lot of people here that would agree with me.

Why do you care about whether people agree with you? I notice you thank people who agree with you. I think you are very insecure about your beliefs.

The picture you have near your name alone only shows the kind of person you are.....apparently a Clinton lover. Clinton lovers hate Bush or anyone associated with him and will pull theories out of the air just to bash him.

I am not pulling theories out of the air. The parts of my posts which are opinions, not facts, are based on fact and common sense reasoning.

Does anyone agree with me?

Again, you are obsessed with getting agreement. You should have never started this thread in the first place. This topic has been endlessly discussed and argued, over and over. If you look around and learn how to use the search function, you will find threads on why people hate Bush, why people think Bush is stupid, whether Bush is a paranoid megalomaniac, and long lists of documented lies told by Bush.

The reason you are not getting more response from Bush bashers is that we have all been over this a thousand times and we are bored with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think he's awesome. I think he put the worlds most dangerous leader out of business. I think you should tell the Iraqi's that like us there that you don't think we've got good enough reason to be there and see what they tell you, if you're a Bush basher. I think they'd spit dead in your face. I think it was never gonna be easy but inevitable and Bush is the only one with the balls to go for it. You Bush bashers won't be satisfied till it's over and you see the long term results and then you'll back pedal, just watch. I for one think he's doing a great job, someone had to do it. It's unfortunate it came to this, but like stated by many others, they hate us, we were damned if we did and damned if we didn't, atleast we're finally fighting and fighting hard!!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

By donguillermo
The reason you are not getting more response from Bush bashers is that we have all been over this a thousand times and we are bored with it.

Amen to that. If you don't know why people have such a disregard for Bush by now you must have been walking around with your fingers in your ears and your eyes shut for the last four years. This isn't directed at anyone, but I'd advise any new members who don't know what Bush has been up to the last four years to take a good look through the ATS archive. It's all there in black and white.

For a start If you have enough points you might want to buy access to the political discussion forum and check out this thread where Strangelands recently spent time spelling it out in big ten foot high letters for the blind:

Why do so many people on ATS hate Bush?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
my problem with bush is that he presented himself as an "ordinary texan joe" and people ate it up. surely the office of the president of the US should be occupied by someone extraordinary? i suppose my problem is just as much with the people who voted for him for that reason as it is with bush himself.

also, this may be OT, but why is it that bush supporters cannot speak about bush without bringing up clinton?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He took Florida even then I knew it was not clear but I still liked him. Do I like the president yes I did, before the elections and I even cheered up when he became officialy the president.

What happened?

Well I still liked him when he took over the 9/11 and when after the Al-queda I never felt more supportive of our president and more proud to be an American.

What happened?

I tell you what happened, Iraq happened, for some reason I got lost between Afghanistan Bin-ladden and Iraq and Sadam. After that the picture I had of Bush as a leadder started to fade into reality and to top the cake the Enron and Halliburton cocktail hit the final spot.

And that is when I started feeling discontent for our president after that I just want him out.
ident.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
This isn't directed at anyone, but I'd advise any new members who don't know what Bush has been up to the last four years to take a good look through the ATS archive. It's all there in black and white.

For a start If you have enough points you might want to buy access to the political discussion forum and check out this thread where Strangelands recently spent time spelling it out in big ten foot high letters for the blind:

Why do so many people on ATS hate Bush?

Excellent advice, kegs. Rather than continue the discussion in this thread, all you Bush lovers should spend 500 points for access to the Political Debate Forum, and read the thread linked by kegs. Pay particular attention to the posts by Strangelands. You think you have seen Bush bashing in this thread? You haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg. If you want to defend Bush, go refute the thorough and devastating criticisms of Bush by Strangelands. That should keep you busy for a few days.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I remember referring to this cretin as "president" during my occasional posting at ATS.

It caused me some degree of mirth when a year later Dave Letterman demonstrated how the term "president" replete with inverted commas ought to be used officially in respect of George W Bush.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Verdana...

I find the picture on your profile offensive. It is evil and should be against the TOS. Anyone who worships Hilary Clinton needs to be put away. You are a danger to society. Go away.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I personally think GWB would probably be a blast to party with. I think he's actually sincere and says what he really thinks. In today's world of image over substance and cult of percieved personality, this quality is a liability, especially in Politics. I supported him in 2000, and after 9/11. I supported both Afganistan and Iraq and I still feel that fanatical Islam and the states that support it are grave threats to Western Civilization and the tranquility of the Planet in general. I think GWB and the Republicans probably have a fairly pragmatic and realistic view of the Big Picture. However, I think the internal situation in American Politics has formed a gridlock in which the best that can be maintained is the Status Quo and neither side can get anything solid or constructive done. The Bi-polarism is ruining us. I percieve the need for a serious and perhaps drastic change.

That and the fact that some of the recent Religous Right inspired Republican suggestions really bother me, have convinced me that Michael Badnarick, the Libertarians, and a little good old fashioned isolationism is probably what we need at this point. The world hates us? Ok. I'm fine with letting the rest of the world do without us or our help for a little while.

I like GW Bush just fine, but he and the far right are not getting my vote.

Michael Badnarick is.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
In eight years, Clinton took the country from a budget deficit of over $200 billion to a budget surplus of over $200 billion. The government was on course to pay off the national debt. Clinton reduced the size of the federal government and reformed welfare. He signed NAFTA and other free trade treaties. Over 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Presidency. If you compare Bush's record, point by point, Bush is clearly a miserable failure...

In all fairness, Clinton had the development of the Internet for public use and the dot-com "bubble" (which burst in 2000) work for him when he was in office , and Bush had the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks work against him when he was in office. Clinton did a good job of maintaining a good economy, and Bush did a good job of making sure the economy didn't crash after the terrorist attacks. As for NAFTA, the jury's still out on that one.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I definitly admire,and respect the man. I can honestly say that I am better off than I was four years ago. We had the best tax return we have ever had, and this year was the first time my family could afford a vacation in 10 years. I hope to have 4 more years of him in office.

ps, my wife an I are lucky if we make 40-45 thous combined a year, so it isnt like I'm 1 of the super rich that everybody seems to think are the only 1"s to benifit from the tax cuts.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty

I find the picture on your profile offensive. It is evil and should be against the TOS. Anyone who worships Hilary Clinton needs to be put away. You are a danger to society. Go away.

That has to be the ugliest avatar Ive ever seen, You should really use this one of Hillary

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im just surfing the posts and thought id stop in.....

I wont offend anyone here by posting my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Anthsbabe you are silly.

First thing. We dont hate america or USA citizens.

I am from Europ, and nobody here hate you.

WAR in IRAQ was wrong, the only actually good thing happen in IRAQ is that Sadam is no longer in power. Thats the good reasons, but the reason why the war started is/was wrong.

There is so many other dictators on this world, doin even more #y things then Sadam, and they are walking away.

First of all SADAM was in placed by Americans, same as Bin Ladin, ok???

This is not a secret.

The thing we in Europ wants from you guys in USA, is to question your president.

Dont take things for granted, just as we are doin here in Europ.

For example, we are very practical people here, if president in any Europ country would be in same postion as it was Clinton regarding "blowjob thing" we would never spend so much energy on that.

We dont care about that #.

We dont care if he is f-u-c-king 2-3-4 people at the time, we care if he is doin the job.

We will question that, question anything that will effect our lives.

We dont care if our representative in parlamanet is gay or not. We dont care about that #. We care how he is doin the job, and we will question everything that he will do.

If you cant really imagine how things are done here in Europ, it's very similar how things are done in Canada. That almost all USA citizens are bashing.

Canada is doin things mostly like Europ country.

But we question our people in power, ask Italian people, they are very good about that, if they are not happy, (workers or any other group) will go on streats (ofcourse with no violence), and guys in power will have to do something about it, cause on next elections they will not goin to get a vote from them.

Simple as that.

What you have in America is this.

You are just ignorant in our eyes.

You will defend your president regardless on what. We will not. We will not take crap on our self and say "He is our president, he must be right!"

You should think about president like a normal worker, cause he is actually paid to do what he is doin.

And you should find a better worker.

We was all by your side when # happend on 9/11, why? cause that was really scary #, and we would go in war with you at any given time.

But we want to go in war for good reasons, not for the #y reasons. We want to make world safer place for our kids if possibly, and now this are fare worst then it was 5 years ago.

5 years ago, terorist (of any kind) was marginal group of people, and now they are enemy number 1. How did that happen?

If you really want to do what is need to be done, then go to north korea, and let's fight it side by side, to free this people from daying each day.

When you compare people living in IRAQ and in NK, people in IRAQ are like on camping tour. Thats how much things are bad in NK.

But hay, who cares about people in NK. Let them die. F-u-ck them.

You have to question people who you put in power, cause the moment you stop doin that, you are f-u-cked.

You are nothing but a statistic.

We question everything.

For example I question, what is wrong with USA, why the heck they have more then 2 mil people in prison, and europ have around 385K (and we have almost as twice more population as your are).

What the f-u-ck is goin on? Are we are so f-u-cked up, and we can't do "enough" crime as the other "normal" world ?

(for the fact people link is here: www.homeoffice.gov.uk... )

We question things like that.

Also, year and half ago when almost every american was bashing french people, was just so lame of you, and everything that goes with it (I am not a french, never been there at all).

French people belived that war was wrong, and you all just had to "#" on that, you did not had any respect about what people wants or belive.

You just said, f-u-ck them, they are f-u-cked. With no respect at all.

Well the thing is when you did that, nobody really cares about what you wish or wants. Why would we? you show on example that you dont care about us?

Let me explain to you, we are not personal people, I am doin biz with USA people every day, there is some great people, and there is some NOT so great people.

Just like everywhere alse in this world.

I care to judge everyone on individual base.

So should you. You should judge your president on things he said, he did, and he did not did.

I dont care about John Kerry, I dont care about guys like Michael Moore, or I am not saying that Kerry is better or not, but I am saying Bush is really poor public worker for the job "President of USA" and you should put somebody alse there, who? It's up 2 you.

We will respect anybody who you will elect, but just dont be ignorant, and go around and saying "EVERYBODY HATES US! OUR PRESIDENT IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!".

Cause when you start making right questions, EVERY president of USA will do job much better.

Free advice, next time, when your president is laying about geting "blowjobs" well, make a jokes, have some fun, but move on, it's a just a f-u-cking sex, we all do it, it's a good for spirit and our bodies, any doctor will confirm this. What you should ask your self, is Bush geting any, cause he look's like he need some to relax.

Regardless on all above, I wish you all the best, and I look forward in future, when people in USA will stop using things like "WORLD HATE US CAUSE OF OUR WAY OF LIVING, bla bla bla".

We dont hate you. Enough of that.

I.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by ivan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join