It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is not occuring as scheduled!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Maybe now we can start looking at *who* benefits the most from Camping's false-flag doomsday - convincing people not to prepare for 2012. Now the whole next year, instead of storing food, water, medical supplies and other reasonable preparations being openly embraced as wise and relevant, 2012ers will be likened to Camping's evangelical stooges who drove around in their terror buses preaching lunacy. Oh well, too bad for the ammo companies who were counting on increased sales next year.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cointelprofessor

hopefully this will get some sense into the 2012 hoaxers....though I know they will makeup another random date afterwards.

If people are tired of rapture jokes today...wait till 2012 rolls around.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Rapture shelter $8000
6 month supply of food $4000
Bottled water $200
10 cartons of cigarettes $450
2 kegs of beer $235

Watching this epic rapturd fail...
Priceless
edit on 21-5-2011 by imawlinn because: nunya beezwax

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nope nothing happened may 21, 2010 at 6pm in my town. All Christians I know are accounted for.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Nope, no rapture, no end of the world, no apocalypse. Closest thing I got to anything of the sort (and I'm saying that with sheer humor) was a factory explosion in a nearby town and then a massive tornadic storm to the southeast that looked just like a mushroom cloud after a bomb. No joke, see for yourself: Picture of Mushroom Storm!

It was definitely fun to look at, and even more fun to observe other people's reactions. Facebook exploded with posts about it. Hilarious. Something like that just HAD to occur on "doomsday" and in the "bible belt" of America, too. And just for reference, this is Oklahoma.

I can't tell you how many theories I heard about what would happen today. Zombies. Earthquakes. Volcano-like eruptions in the streets. Tornadoes everywhere. Meteors. The sun exploding. Squirrel AIDS.

And here I am, 10:12 PM. Nothing.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well at least one prophecy has come true...i believe the bible says in the final days there would be false prophets among us...........

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kazera
Nope, no rapture, no end of the world, no apocalypse.

Thank god it didn't happen, I'm still waiting to play FF13 Versus!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Haha, hey me too!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I bet all those folks that quit their jobs to follow this cult (for lack of a better word) are feeling a bit pissed right about now.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.familyradio.com

website is down ???

maybe theyre gone

edit on 21-5-2011 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
INSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again.
404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hope that things like this can be used as (unfortunately painful) inspiration for people to use critical thinking. I don't advocate skepticism over belief, despite being skeptical myself. I respect everyone's beliefs, and feel that unique experiences and insights can be gained through belief. But when belief requires such drastic changes in one's life and potential devastation of one's future, then I do think a skeptical, cautious approach is absolutely prudent. I hope that, if nothing else, people learn that from this. Especially when they consider that this is just one of countless predictions made throughout the world, including here on ATS, that never came to fruituion.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey, my cat got raptured, he's nowhere to be found. Maybe we got it wrong.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nothing rapturous happened to me today.
I'm stuck in my office because the door won't open.
My computer won't allow me access to anything but ATS.
It's really hot in here (broken A/C?).
Now something is starting to smell like sulphur.
Uh...
Oh!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yeah, I had a feeling it would not happen. I know what the bible says, but then again i am sure you do too. So is his math off, or his he now a full blown nut case? just asking

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I heard a rumor about Pastor Camping singing Oops I did it again at the judgment day after party!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Apparently the rolling rapture predicted for Sat May 21 2011 at 6p local time has yet to happen in the Pacific Rim as Japan should be obliterated in the next half hour if the prediction is true but it is after 6p locally in New Zealand and yet they still stand.

So sorry, no rapture!
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

That is because John's Revelation is probably bogus(it has a built in disclaimer even), from a Theological perspective. The only reason it was adopted at the Council of Nicaea was because it enable the Church/Empire to use "fire and brimstone" to expand it's political/economical power.

That said: does it matter? Are people that evil that they have to a knife over their throats in order for them to be decent, respectful people?

The end could truly come at any moment. Either from an asteroid, car wreck or a heart attack.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
Here in Topeka we had tornado warnings go off round 6, nothing came down though. A lot of sightings no actually touches on the ground

Hm, I bet they didn't expect that sort of rapture...

Originally posted by hotbread
www.familyradio.com

website is down ???

maybe theyre gone

edit on 21-5-2011 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

Guess their server got raptured then.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Apparently the rolling rapture predicted for Sat May 21 2011 at 6p local time has yet to happen in the Pacific Rim as Japan should be obliterated in the next half hour if the prediction is true but it is after 6p locally in New Zealand and yet they still stand.

So sorry, no rapture!

Apparently you weren't paying attention when Christians were saying that Harold Camping was proved to be a false prophet in 1994.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

The only reason it was adopted at the Council of Nicaea was because it enable the Church/Empire to use "fire and brimstone" to expand it's political/economical power.

What does John's book of Revelation have to do with the Arian Controversy?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join