It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic G

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'll keep my opinion that it's what it means and how I see it. It's the middle, the sun in the middle of the square and the compass.

As I said, if you want to know, just ask

If you want to provide another opinion then you are free to do so, prove of course that I'm wrong with facts, not with "no it's not"

edit on 20-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Well, then your guess will continue to be right some of the time.

I would guess that it will rain tomorrow. And, depending on where you all live, I will be somewhat correct.

ETA:
And I did provide facts. I gave several examples and then Network Dude added another one that I forgot. I bet with 10 minutes of research, you could verify each of the examples I presented, and probably even find the meanings of each.
edit on 20-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And I did provide facts. I gave several examples and then Network Dude added another one that I forgot. I bet with 10 minutes of research, you could verify each of the examples I presented, and probably even find the meanings of each.

I responded that I do not think it is so, and that I think it's the sun in the middle, you just added that it's not every time without providing an explenation to this factor, it is all you did.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Hear you all are:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I understand there are different variations to the working tools, it did not always have the G. And in some instances it has had other symbols etc...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I don't endorse all of his implications but this is interesting enough to incite thought NO

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Well as someone that can speak some Italian you are correct in that our Sunday is their Domenica, but you are wrong in your interpretation of the word. Domenica means "Day of the Lord". If it had anything to do with the sun it would have Sole or at least Sol in it.

reply to post by pepsi78

The use of the G in the square and compasses is primarily an American tradition.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Gnosis.

not GOD...

not Geometry...

Gnosis.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Masonic G also contains the geometry of a waveform pattern within it in plain sight. That would fit in well with the mythos of searching for the lost word as ironically enough it is the waveform the sound produces that is sought.

I only noticed this myself the other night when I was looking at a wave pattern diagram drawn on scientific squared paper and I noticed the perfect Square and Compass and the waveform intersecting at points similar to the G. That's what I think it is anyway. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by egregore

If that what you think it is, but where do you draw this conclusion?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I can't say how I know either, mostly because it would take too much typing, but if you have a strong understanding of mystical traditions in general, you'll know he is likely to be correct, ultimately -- through its various permutations, it's most likely symbolic of Gnosis/wisdom and the initiate's relationship to it, quintessentially. Nothing alarming there, since most mystical traditions are focused on their version of ultimate-truth.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
I understand there are different variations to the working tools, it did not always have the G. And in some instances it has had other symbols etc...
The G is really most popular in America. Often there will be nothing in the middle. My ring has an all-seeing eye in the middle.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Heh.

So.

What's the G mean?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just a quick thought: May I offer my theory? Perhaps, the letter "G" could mean a tone, a voice of "G-d". I don't know which octave, though.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiCentury

Yes, it is the sun in the middle of the compass, the sun being the middle.

Here you go, this is a good example for study.

Of course masons will tell you otherwise.

edit on 21-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Does no one think that, that the Masons were never a follower of any religion! Therefore the letter G is used for God is just plain BS. What the occult groups were worshipping was the nature itself and its laws. The letter G represent the Gnosis. Gnosticism (from gnostikos, "learned", from Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge).

All that matters is the Knowledge and its apparent experience. "Real" Masons are no follower of any religion, if they tell you that they are whorshipping this or that religion, they are simply sheeple bees that being used or they are just lying.

Vatican is a sun whorshipper Instituion. If the G should represent the Sun than the Vatikan would be the first who would use it. The obelisk in the middle of Vaticans crowd place, is a sun clock and shows the equinox times and the rising and the setting times of the sun on specific dates.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

If that what you think it is, but where do you draw this conclusion?

i cant believe that i replied to this thread. but, conspiracy theories are exactly that, "theories". and within the realm of theory there are literally ENDLESS possibilities.... with that in mind, and knowing that for now we are all living subjective, 3D lives, one basically has to choose the best answer for themself. im not saying to stop searching, but the G has been around for hundreds of years, and the secret has yet to be leaked.

for me, given the fact the masonic lodge is based on light worship/illumination/the light bearer, i have chosen the word Gnosis:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from merriam-webster:

Definition of GNOSIS
: esoteric knowledge of spiritual truth held by the ancient Gnostics to be essential to salvation

Origin of GNOSIS
Greek gnōsis, literally, knowledge, from gignōskein
First Known Use: 1703

Other Religion (Eastern and Other) Terms
Zen, antinomian, avatar, gnosticism, illuminati, ineffable, karma, koan, mantra

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

knowing that masons worship lucifer at the higher degrees, they must mask this fact to their lower minions. if the 1st-3rd of the american blue? lodge knew about their "light bearer" being lucifer/satan/the devil, most of them would defect, if not all...

so, it is MY belief that the G in the compass represents Gnosis, to mask their true god and evil from the unsuspecting, enthusiastic, young "businessmen" that derive a sense of pride from their fraternities. accomplishment=pride=resect=prosperity=winning???

i dunno. nobody is right or wrong on this issue. when you get into the realm of occult anagrams and numerology all one can do is theorize. then one is caught in the void, playing wheres waldo instead of contributing to the good folks that are trying to figure a way to stop these lunatics.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is another thought - So you have the musical notes, A through G. Those in the know realize that vibration (tone) and geometry are the real deal when it comes to the way our universe works.

There is also a school of thought talking about the planes of existence, or dimensions - we are currently in the 3rd vibrational level or 3rd dimension.

Sentient beings can exist on all vibrational levels, and while they are on a different level than humans, they are still under the lord, universe, creator, god, ETC.

G is the letter that symbolizes the highest vibrational level, the source. So not a G standing for god but for the mathematical representation of the Infinite Creator. What is the letter G's corresponding number? Eight, which turned on its side is the symbol for infinity.
ABCDEFG

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

That is an amazingly well thought out post.

I believe you are on to something with that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Except there is no "Lucifer" worship at the higher degrees.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join