It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic G

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
perhaps this has been said before

thoughts are powerful, conciousness is a weaver of reality, enough like minds with like thoughts materialize eventually somehow in this plane or even give someone or something that essence

the Masonic G, is also the first letter of the biblical 'God'

the Masons and the Church ( whichever church using that bible ) most definitely benifit from the hundreds of years of people that are

God fearing
God loving
God devoted
etc.

constantly bombarding the population of Earth to beleive that a 'God' is 'all powerful', then subliminally using that capital G as their own is an almost ingenius way to control the ethereal energy produced by the religion, the devotion and submission of it's followers, as well as just instill the idea of the power behind the capital G

when there are enough people beleiving that 'God's' will is the only will that matters, Mason's can tap into this
it's all a subliminal and subconcious art
edit on 5/20/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
the Masonic G, is also the first letter of the biblical 'God'
Well, no, actually. You see, the Bible wasn't written in English.

The Masonic G is the first letter of the ancient Greek geometry, or γεωμετρία. The word for God starts with a D in far more languages than with a G. (Deus, Dei, Dio, etc...)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

The Blue Lodge Mason is taught that the "G" in the Masonic symbol represents God. Later on, he is told that it also represents "deity." Later still, he is told that it represents "geometry." In reality, this letter represents the "generative principle," the Sun-god and, thus, the worshipped phallus, the male "generative principle…" In its position (along with the Square and Compass) on the east wall over the chair (throne) of the Worshipful Master, it is the representation of the Sun, thus of the Sun-god, Osiris. Its earthly meaning, then, is of the sacred phallus; its cosmic meaning is of the Sun, worshipped since antiquity by pagans while facing the East. (See c, below).

The English letter "G" in Masonic symbolism is inseparable from, and identical with, the Hebrew letter "YOD." This "YOD" is the symbol on the Scottish Rite ring. "YOD" represents deity in general (its cosmic meaning), and the worshipped phallus in particular (its earthly meaning). Albert Pike wrote that the "G" displayed in English speaking lodges is merely a corruption of the "YOD" (with which it should be replaced), and that "the mysterious YOD of the Kabala" is the "image of the Kabalistic Phallus." (3) The "Kabalah" he refers to here is a medieval book of the occult, a highly mystical and magical interpretation of the Bible, (4) and important sourcebook for sorcerers and magicians. (5)

watch.pair.com...
Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Add external sources tags mod edit and note

edit on 20-5-2011 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I've always heard that the "G" stands for geometry. But your idea is very interesting.

Whenever I see a Masonic G, I think of the song by Nine Inch Nails "Capital G", and honestly, I think that song hits the nail on the head.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The tetragrammaton as the name of God, YHWH or יהוה‎ starts with a Hebrew yod, or י, which is represented in a triangle in the Scottish Rite 14° ring.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
The tetragrammaton as the name of God, YHWH or יהוה‎ starts with a Hebrew yod, or י, which is represented in a triangle in the Scottish Rite 14° ring.

te
tra
gram
ma
ton

you can also do stuff like this with the name

wow, thats a big name lots o' parts to it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
te
tra
gram
ma
ton

you can also do stuff like this with the name

Might have been more interesting if you'd been symmetrical...

TE
TRA
GRAM
MAT
ON

wow, thats a big name lots o' parts to it.
As far as I know, Tetragrammaton will NOT be fighting Optimus Prime in the Michael Bay's Transformers: Dark of the Moon

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
what they said. the masonic G is just a replacement for YOD which is the name of god in hebrew. its D in france i think, and a different letter based on how you say god in your language or primary religion at your lodge.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The word for God starts with a D in far more languages than with a G. (Deus, Dei, Dio, etc...)

It starts with D because of the Latin influence, D for Dominica, meaning SUNDAY, the sun - god.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I'm more into the "Angels in the Outfield" Movies these days.

or "City of Angels" is another good one.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: had to fix the word Angel in here

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

where does he say it's a corruption of the letter YOD? you should do your own research instead of going to biased conspiracy websites. i just started reading morals and dogma the other day and i recently passed the part where he talks about the G in the square and compass and he did not say it was a corruption of anything. he said the same thing everyone else has been saying in this thread so far. its G for god in america D for Dio/Deiu /Deity in a lot of other places, and the original YOD in other places.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

As Josh pointed out, God is an English word, most of the Christian world actually knows God as Dia/Deus etc

It's very American like to think we call God the same thing, even if it's from the same book.

PS .... God, in the Bible, is not named God. God in English is a very generic term. It's like me saying "Hi, I'm Human."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Dominica does not mean "Sunday" .. It literally means "of the Lord".

Dies Dominica means Sunday. It quite literally means "Day of the Lord"

Pepsi .... wrong again ...

Most of the Christian World speaks a Romantic language.. Spanish, french, Italian etc.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Most of the Christian World speaks a Romantic language.. Spanish, french, Italian etc.

Yes you are correct it's dies Solis, domenica is in Italian and it is sunday, but it is why in so many languages god starts with D from domenica.

Pepsi .... wrong again

Again , where ?

edit on 20-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
The Blue Lodge Mason is taught that the "G" in the Masonic symbol represents God. Later on, he is told that it also represents "deity." Later still, he is told that it represents "geometry."

Actually, it's geometry, then God, although it's "later" by about two minutes depending on the diction of the lecturer. (We usually assume the candidate understands that God and deity are the same thing.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It does stand for geometry it's why it's incorporated into the square and compas , the symbol of the square and compass made out of the tree of life.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

The Blue Lodge Mason is taught that the "G" in the Masonic symbol represents God. Later on, he is told that it also represents "deity." Later still, he is told that it represents "geometry." In reality, this letter represents the "generative principle," the Sun-god and, thus, the worshipped phallus, the male "generative principle…" In its position (along with the Square and Compass) on the east wall over the chair (throne) of the Worshipful Master, it is the representation of the Sun, thus of the Sun-god, Osiris. Its earthly meaning, then, is of the sacred phallus; its cosmic meaning is of the Sun, worshipped since antiquity by pagans while facing the East.

G one thing leads to another, where or when does it stop

have you reach the top
or will it change again for you

edit on 20-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yes, it does represent the sun, it's why the G sometimes is depicted bright.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I am glad you changed that, since it was an outright lie.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Yes, it does represent the sun, it's why the G sometimes is depicted bright.

when and where does this happen?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join