It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Wait a minute. We now have to kneel before the secular government of Israel and do what ever it says to be good Christians?

I wonder what Jesus would say about that.

He would probably say that the world isn't constricted by borders, and that all lands are connected to one another and are of equal value in his eyes.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Israel is not a political issue, it's a Bible issue.

America must support Israel because Joel 3:2 and Obadiah 1:15 make it very clear that any nation (including America!!!) that tries to divide the land of Israel (including Jerusalem!!!) will experience the judgement of God.

The day America turns its back on Israel is the day God turns his back on America.

That day was today.

Israel was born 3500 years ago, not right after WWII. Genesis 13:14-15, and 17:7-8

If our President was a Christian like he told us...He would understand this. Obviously he doesn't.

Well you better pack your bags as fast as you can and get the F out of here!!! Oh by the way, please take the rest of your brainwashed, backstabbing, finger pointing, war starting, hypocritical Christan extremists with you!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

And just how is sending billions of dollars a year in 'aid' turning his back? What, just because he's a decent human being and has seen that this experiment of letting Israel run rampant has failed, and it's time to HONESTLY work towards a stable agreement between the two on a 2 state solution?

turned his back?

You know what, I suggest all christians that believe what the OP is saying go to ISrael, inform them of your Christianity and see how easy it is to get to the holy sites.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

he should be a true Christian and help the israeli's occupy, oppress and kill its neighbour, just like Jesus recommends.

No offense to your personal beliefs, but I don't agree with this. I also don't agree that this nation was founded on Christianity. There were already people living in this country (my ancestors), when the "founding fathers" arrived over here on the boat. The country was already "found". I also don't want a war based on someone's religious beliefs.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Maybe some of you are just too PC trained to realize what is happening...

America IS a Christian nation, to deny this is like trying to deny fried chicken and apple pie. Don't give me that nonsense.

I'm sorry, but it's not. There are people living here of different cultures and backgrounds. The first nations people (my people) have their own beliefs that were here before Christianity was brought to this land. Politics and decisions for this country should not be based on Christianity.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buzzzzz
reply to post by Sparky63

There are no plans 2 rebuild the temple????? Wake up and smell the coffee. They have everything they need 2 rebuild the temple and are just waiting 4 the right time too do it.
www.templemount.org...
This isnt the only link 4 this and I believe you can look it up and find out the statement you made is wrong...sorry 2 say.

Those plans are just wishful thinking...It will never happen. Let me rephrase it, "There are no immediate plans to remove the Islamic shrine that stands there today, and rebuild the temple. If you believe otherwise, than maybe you need to smell the coffee...I would be glad to buy you one even though we seem to disagree on this point.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Considering that "chicken" that is served today in fast food joints and many fine sit down joints is not chicken but filller and water and chemicals i can deny chicken and since apple pie is in the same boat with many places serving "apple pie" with out even apples in it or at least mixed fruit juices and other junk one can deny apple pie as well. as far as America being a Christian Nation ther are many Jewish people who call America home and they would deny that statement and many others of "faith" from different religions other than Christianity would also deny that statement. Look around you today at America and tell me as citizens if we act as a christian nation, we judge others, children killing children, adults killing each other and children, drugs rampant, stealing, cheating...i mean for a christian nastion we are not very christian like. Our founding fathers were prudent enoungh to embrace all religions and many that are not considered "christian" like by todays standards. the difference is they embraced people of faith and did not shove the bible down everyones throats. Yoyr proof is just your opinion and that by my faith has failed to show anything otherr than your own ignorance.
edit on 5/20/2011 by DJMSN because: To edit my bad spelling

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Dear Signals,

My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

It's time for Christians to speak up.

Our President traded Usama for Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

You are so misguided it's not even funny. Christianity and Judaism may be linked purely from a historical point of view but they are not one and the same. For a start, i'm not sure if you are aware of this, but apparently the Jews killed Jesus...

Anyway, what Obama's message to the world about Palestine goes to show is that the man has finally got SENSE. Israel's foreign policy is not one of a good track record i'm sorry to say. The news being controlled largely by Jewish interests doesn't show much of the "issues" i'm talking about but any educated person knows it isn't all one sided. Palestinians have been dying for decades under a false flag Israeli agenda.

I don't think there is truly any point going through this with you as your opening post was just bereft of any kind of common sense.

T

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
For me it was official as soon as I saw his name. Why would you change your name from Barry Soetero to Barack Obama if there was no significance to it? Seriously? That would be like me, a Christian, changing my name to Mohammad.

Also, it was a pretty obvious give-away when he snubbed the National Day of Prayer then invited 5000 Muslims up to Capitol Hill to pray, his first year in office. Hmm.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Maybe some of you are just too PC trained to realize what is happening...

America IS a Christian nation, to deny this is like trying to deny fried chicken and apple pie. Don't give me that nonsense.

It was my most shameful day. They came for me, the diet police with their chiseled washboard abs, perfect BMI ratios and organic smile. I..I.. this is so hard to admit. I denied fried chicken. I should have been faithful to that oh so delicious, greasy, crisp platter of estrogen laden, antibiotic raised factory farm piece of trans-fat heaven. But I denied my love not once, not twice, but three times. It would have been before the cock crowed, but the cock was already breaded and seasoned. Then they asked about the pie.. and my betrayal was complete.

FORGIVE ME COL. SAUNDERS (sob)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
religion should not dictate national policy

nor should we consider anyone who openly and blatantly attacked the us

an ally

uss liberty

israel declared war on america

what you talking about Willis? Religion has dictated national policy ever since radical Muslims decided human rights and liberties were sins.

Allies and Enemies who have attacked us outside of open war:
1.USS Chesapeake (1807)--June 22, 1807, the British frigate H.M.S. Leopard attacked and boarded the US Naval ship USS Chesapeake.
2.USS Maine (Feb. 15, 1898) U.S. battleship, the USS Maine, blew up in the harbor at Havana, Cuba. Technically not an ally.
3.USS Panay (Dec.12,1937) the USS Panay, came under attack from Japanese warplanes and was sunk.
4.USS Liberty (1967)- -During the Arab-Israeli War of 1967 (also known as the Six-Day War), Israeli warplanes attacked the USS Liberty, claiming that they believed it was a ship belonging to their Arab enemies.
5.USS Pueblo (Jan. 23 1968) North Korea
6.USS Stark (1987) -During the First Persian Gulf War
7.USS Samuel B. Roberts (April 14,1988)-- During the First Persian Gulf War, the USS Samuel B. Roberts, a frigate, struck an Iranian mine and sustained heavy damage.
8.USS Cole (Oct. 12, 2000)-- During a port stop in Aden, Yemen, al-Qaida terrorists rammed an explosives-filled boat into the USS Cole.
9.USNS Impeccable (March,2009)-- About 70 miles off the Chinese coast,the USNS Impeccable was harassed by Chinese naval vessels.

Now I'm not going to include attacks we've received on the ground from countries like Mexico, Britain, France and Spain who are our allies since it would take several pages. I just wanted you and other posters to know and understand that we shouldn't just pick a plumb like you did with the (Israel) incident and make an attack. After all The Uss Liberty was decided to have been a victim of mistaken identity from all countries involved. Not like the blatant attacks from our other allies.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by newsoul

"In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956. "In God We Trust doesn't make a person Christian. I believe in God but I'm certainly not a Christian.

"One nation under God"......Still doesn't make the USA a Christian nation. Belief in God is not limited to Christianity.

Your president is actually able to omit the words "So help me God" from his oath (though it is customary for them to say it anyway)

As for the bible thing? What about Muslims and Jews? What do they swear their oaths on?

You aren't a Christian nation, those words imply there is some sort of theocratic system in the USA which there is not. England could be considered a 'Christian nation' considering we have a national Church though I doubt there are very many people who are Christian in any way other than name over here.

Anyway, putting all those issues aside it still doesn't matter whether America is a Christian nation or not since Christianity does not automatically mean unequivocal support for the modern State of Israel.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. . . . For this reason people of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship" - Patrick Henry

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no god, no angels, no soul" - Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no god, no angels, no soul" - Thomas Jefferson

and the point is...? You have taken this quote out of context. Research what he was referring to.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

My point is that we could go back and forth with quotes and misquotes all day. America is not a theocracy. It never has been and hopefully it never will be. Your constitution shows no preference for Christianity over any other system of theology.
edit on 20-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Best thing to come out of Barry's mouth since he took office.

IRM

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

So to be a Christian you MUST love a specific nation that many consider to be in the wrong from the very day it was founded? That doesn't really make much sense to me at all. The modern day Israel is not the same one you see in the holy books.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Hastings101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

It's time for Christians to speak up.

Our President traded Usama for Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

First off. Who cares?

And you are a crackhead if you think 'America' is a Christian nation. You have obviously slept through your history and theology classes. I don't see anything about that in our Constitution...in fact they favor to cultivate many cultures and many religions.

If you think Israel is a nation of religions tolerance you are also on crack. If you think that the Israeli gov't is even slightly interested in conforming to their own religious doctrines you are on crack. These guys would be committing genocide right now if they didn't have a magnifying glass on them at all times.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time responding to your crackhead thread. I hope you don't procreate. There are waaaaayyy more important things going on in the world than what Religious Flavor some politician may be.

This Christian ideology and fundamentalism is one of the problems with America.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

So Israel is a terrorist nation. Wow. Are those jews dressing their children in mock suicide vests and urging the deaths of all israelis? No those are the palestenians
and muslim sympathizers. Do the Israelis want to murder all their neighbors? No, again those are the palestenians!! Israel wants to exist as a soveriegn nation and be productive as a people. The palestenians want to kill all the jews in israel. And just so you can learn something, the Egyptian muslims next door treat the palestenians just as harshly as Israel does. Your bias is very clear as are your false accusations upon Zion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Christians are the smallest problem we have. In fact, China recently said that christianity was one of the reasons, if not the bulk of the reasons, that america succeeded in the past few hundred years. I think we should be focusing our eyes on hamas and the rockets being fired into Israel without regard for human life. If mexicans were lobbing rockets across teh border into america you can wager we'd put a stop to it. Yet, when Israel so much as lifts a finger the liberals come storming out of their marble towers shouting hatred at them. Well, maybe one day somebody will launch rockets from one of our borders and we'll get to take our own medicine.

I plead: Wake up! The military is not our enemy. Israel is not our enemy. They're the good guys. Liberal media has been spreading lies about these things for 50 years. It seems that when WWII ended these snakes came out of their holes and started filling peoples mind with garbage. In times of peace we become complacent. That's what's happening. People are too far away from the conflict to realize the truth of what's going on. I honestly think it would be good for our country to have another larger scale war. One in which we're all involved. At least then we would see who is for us and who is against us. The truth should be bare for all to see.
edit on 20-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join