It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'd rather live in a nation that puts the security of its own people first.

The superstitious mumbo-jumbo is absolutely unnecessary and does nothing for our security or our economy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Obama is about to wage war with God if he decides to oppress Israel, and he cannot win. So hold on because it's going to get rough here in America.

As for Obama, he is a muslim and has done nothing but further the cause for Islam, and he shuns Christians, so if you could judge by the fruit, it is purely Islamic fruit.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I could care less if Obama is christian or not.
Why should it even matter?
Personally,
I would rather have an Atheist in office or maybe even a new agey, world peace type.
I have never voted on a president due to his religious beliefs, I go by what he says he is going to do in office.
In fact, if a president started to get all religious and start stating these things in public, (GWB Jr) I would be outraged.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

As a recovering Christian, I've always been confused by the behavior of Christians WRT end-times events...

Supposedly, Christians can read the back of the book (Revelation) and know exactly what is going to happen, and even have some understanding that these events, while not much fun, are absolutely necessary to God's plan for this earth.

YET, they resist the approach of these events?!

They somehow react by assuming it is their job to derail the events that are about to occurr!? (As if they could)

WHY?

Why NOT *LET* it HAPPEN? It's necessary, right?

Why NOT *ENCOURAGE* it?

Here ya go, Obama, do what you think is best... let's see how it works out for ya?

If you're a Christian, and you *truely* believe that God is in control - that he has a plan - why wouldn't you LET HIS PLAN GO FORWARD?

Just a thought...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Christians are the smallest problem we have. In fact, China recently said that christianity was one of the reasons, if not the bulk of the reasons, that america succeeded in the past few hundred years. I think we should be focusing our eyes on hamas and the rockets being fired into Israel without regard for human life. If mexicans were lobbing rockets across teh border into america you can wager we'd put a stop to it. Yet, when Israel so much as lifts a finger the liberals come storming out of their marble towers shouting hatred at them. Well, maybe one day somebody will launch rockets from one of our borders and we'll get to take our own medicine.

I plead: Wake up! The military is not our enemy. Israel is not our enemy. They're the good guys. Liberal media has been spreading lies about these things for 50 years. It seems that when WWII ended these snakes came out of their holes and started filling peoples mind with garbage. In times of peace we become complacent. That's what's happening. People are too far away from the conflict to realize the truth of what's going on. I honestly think it would be good for our country to have another larger scale war. One in which we're all involved. At least then we would see who is for us and who is against us. The truth should be bare for all to see.

I am not asking for war. Only that the veil of deceit is lifted from our eyes. That truth would prevail. That what's good and right will survive and not the corruption that has filled our minds and halls of leadership. Too long we have sat. Too long we have listened to the snakes.

Maybe mandatory military service is one possibility. But I'd only support it if people went overseas to see the rest of the world because that's the root of the problem. People are too complacent. Too sheltered. They need to grow some thicker skin. We can't go on like this.
edit on 20-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

100% agreed. Israel is our longest standing ally. You are too right when you refer to the Bible as stating what happens to those counties who turn their backs on Israel. Isn't it a sign of the end times. Something about the world will turn their backs, then it's global persecution of Christians, then the 'yellow race will rule for but a day...' I haven't read it in a while...but thats the gist.

Thanks for that post
, at least one person gets it.

There is so much hatred for Israel and the Jews on this site, people spew on and on about Deny Ignorance
sometimes I feel I must not have gone over the "Conspiracy Theorist" rule book...Apparently for me to be "awake" I have to hate Israel
, and I most certainly am not allowed to be Christian either.

It's hilarious somebody actually just foe'd me for this thread. I guess all the rest of my work here is CRAP too

Obama lied to us AGAIN....But this time it hits home with me. Don't lie to me about being a Christian, just tell me the truth from the get-go. It is in our best "national security" interest to stay closely tied with Israel, their military and security....Instead of turning them loose to defend themselves. But the hatred on this site blinds common sense sometimes.

I mean, if you think Israel's military is a little rough around the edges now....
edit on 20-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Personally, I don't care if he's Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Zoroastrian, Atheist, Agnostic, Neo-pagan, or outright Pagan. It makes absolutely no difference to me. There is no law that says a president must be Christian. People can prefer that or believe it's wrong to do otherwise, and I respect that. But it is not the law.

Please do not interpret this as support for Obama's policies or acts in office. I support neither major party or their candidates and leaders. I simply don’t care what religion he is. Nor do I consider defense of Israel or siding with Israel a prerequisite for Christianity as a faith, though I can respect that opinion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeMyselfI
reply to post by Signals

As a recovering Christian, I've always been confused by the behavior of Christians WRT end-times events...

Supposedly, Christians can read the back of the book (Revelation) and know exactly what is going to happen, and even have some understanding that these events, while not much fun, are absolutely necessary to God's plan for this earth.

YET, they resist the approach of these events?!

They somehow react by assuming it is their job to derail the events that are about to occurr!? (As if they could)

WHY?

Why NOT *LET* it HAPPEN? It's necessary, right?

Why NOT *ENCOURAGE* it?

Here ya go, Obama, do what you think is best... let's see how it works out for ya?

If you're a Christian, and you *truely* believe that God is in control - that he has a plan - why wouldn't you LET HIS PLAN GO FORWARD?

Just a thought...

Ah, just a thought indeed.

I'm a Christian myself, and I can't say I really agree with anything that you've said. You've got to remember, not every Christian is the same. Yes, there are veins of truth/same-ness in every splintered part of Christianity...but NOT every Christian is the same.

That being said, I don't truly care if Obama is Christian, Muslim, Bhuddist, New-Agey or what have you. I know Israel is not some innocent little child in terms of their actions, but they have every right to their own nation as do the Palestinians. (BUt I know the issue is not as black and white as that, of course.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Israel is not a political issue, it's a Bible issue.

America must support Israel because Joel 3:2 and Obadiah 1:15 make it very clear that any nation (including America!!!) that tries to divide the land of Israel (including Jerusalem!!!) will experience the judgement of God.

The day America turns its back on Israel is the day God turns his back on America.

That day was today.

Israel was born 3500 years ago, not right after WWII. Genesis 13:14-15, and 17:7-8

If our President was a Christian like he told us...He would understand this. Obviously he doesn't.

It's funny how you quote the exact arguments from hardcore christians, and when you quote them by itself on a medium where you can't get emotional [exactly how every christian gets when you debate] and everything is equal, christianity as a whole is clearly a control mechanism for political gains backed by unintelligent arguments like yours.

Its a good thing Obama is not a christian, It's the only thing I can see good about the guy.

Its funny how christians claim they want to be good enlightened people, while they are taking active parts in one of the worst groups in history, including jews islam ect. responsible for mass death and destruction. Pity on those who follow god to make them feel good about ruining the world around them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

100% agreed. Israel is our longest standing ally. You are too right when you refer to the Bible as stating what happens to those counties who turn their backs on Israel. Isn't it a sign of the end times. Something about the world will turn their backs, then it's global persecution of Christians, then the 'yellow race will rule for but a day...' I haven't read it in a while...but thats the gist.

Thanks for that post

There is so much hatred for Israel and the Jews on this site, people spew on and on about Deny Ignorance
sometimes I feel I must not have gone over the "Conspiracy Theorist" rule book...Apparently for me to be "awake" I have to hate Israel

It's hilarious somebody actually just foe'd me for this thread. I guess all the rest of my work here is CRAP too

Obama lied to us AGAIN....But this time it hits home with me. Don't lie to me about being a Christian, just tell me the truth from the get-go. It is in our best "national security" interest to stay closely tied with Israel, their military and security....Instead of turning them loose to defend themselves. But the hatred on this site blinds common sense sometimes.

I mean, if you think Israel's military is a little rough around the edges now....

lmao a nation turning their backs on god? How pathetic

What does it say about a group of people, where a 7 year old can become a preacher, and grown adults agree? Plus bible camps are the exact same things that islam camps do, they just don't put weapons in their hands, they put a political agenda to change our nation, which is even worse if you ask me.

Hardcore members of any religion especially christianity should be taken as a mental disorder, and diagnosed as such so we can learn why people like you want to ruin the world for the rest of the sane people.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

' Did Obama Side with the Palestinians or Israel? '
blog.american.com...

this transcript says different. is there something left out?

On a side note, funny how those who claim to hate Christians have never read for themselves but listened to everyone and their mother for the ' exact ' details.
The message of Christ is the most peaceful of all..

TRUTH : many of you who despise Christ is because He gave you an ultimatum. Believe and live forever and have joy on earth .. or burn in hell.

my advice: CHOOSE LIFE.

Jesus is alive and better than ever. i've met Him spiritually.. and yes even met Him in dreams/visions.
The Holy Spirit is very alive and real as well. i met Him the same day i spiritually met the Lord Jesus.
edit on 20-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

America must support Israel because Joel 3:2 and Obadiah 1:15 make it very clear that any nation (including America!!!) that tries to divide the land of Israel (including Jerusalem!!!) will experience the judgement of God.

The day America turns its back on Israel is the day God turns his back on America.

That day was today.

Israel was born 3500 years ago, not right after WWII. Genesis 13:14-15, and 17:7-8

If our President was a Christian like he told us...He would understand this. Obviously he doesn't.

It's funny how you quote the exact arguments from hardcore christians, and when you quote them by itself on a medium where you can't get emotional [exactly how every christian gets when you debate] and everything is equal, christianity as a whole is clearly a control mechanism for political gains backed by unintelligent arguments like yours.

Its a good thing Obama is not a christian, It's the only thing I can see good about the guy.

Its funny how christians claim they want to be good enlightened people, while they are taking active parts in one of the worst groups in history, including jews islam ect. responsible for mass death and destruction. Pity on those who follow god to make them feel good about ruining the world around them.

Eh, i take offense to that little bit about being apart of one of the "worst" groups in history. What my "predecessors" did, as it were, is NOT and never WILL be my fault. Maybe the people in power at the top (Absolute power corrupts absolutely) were really horrible in some cases, but...the average Joe(Jane in my case.)...no, not really. I don't follow God to make me "feel" good about ruining the world around me. That's utter bullsnip. With out the generous help of the Church I go to, my family wouldn't have had heating a few winters ago. It makes me sad that quite a few people look over all the many good things Christians do. For instance, read up on Dorthy Day. She was pretty awesome. Or even Pope John Paul the II. I know a lot of people don't like the popes, but he was a very cool dude.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's offical :

Organised religion and those who follow it spout the biggest pile of crap in the world.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear Signals,

My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

It's time for Christians to speak up.

Our President traded Usama for Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

You are so misguided it's not even funny. Christianity and Judaism may be linked purely from a historical point of view but they are not one and the same. For a start, i'm not sure if you are aware of this, but apparently the Jews killed Jesus...

Anyway, what Obama's message to the world about Palestine goes to show is that the man has finally got SENSE. Israel's foreign policy is not one of a good track record i'm sorry to say. The news being controlled largely by Jewish interests doesn't show much of the "issues" i'm talking about but any educated person knows it isn't all one sided. Palestinians have been dying for decades under a false flag Israeli agenda.

I don't think there is truly any point going through this with you as your opening post was just bereft of any kind of common sense.

T

America is clearly not nor never was a Christian nation, Those who believe that are just blindly following what some other brainwashed christian told them without doing any research.

The world is too complex for a creator, and if it was, its not a freaking person, it would be some neutral non judging all knowing atom or something i dont know, but neither do you, but christians seem to think they know everything, and can ruin everyone elses lives based on YOUR beliefs.

It should be a crime in reality to be part of a religious group

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!

Whatever.... You don't know what you are talking about. Just because a president tells Israel to abide by the original treaties that were signed does not mean he isn't Christian.

I jerk off everyday, for example, hence I must not be christian right?

I also think Israel is going to far, that must mean I am not Christian.

Either way your title suggested you had proof...where is it?

Hoax Bin!
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Thanks for that post

lmao a nation turning their backs on god? How pathetic

What does it say about a group of people, where a 7 year old can become a preacher, and grown adults agree? Plus bible camps are the exact same things that Islam camps do, they just don't put weapons in their hands, they put a political agenda to change our nation, which is even worse if you ask me.

Hardcore members of any religion especially Christianity should be taken as a mental disorder, and diagnosed as such so we can learn why people like you want to ruin the world for the rest of the sane people.

I swear when I hear posts like yours I want to lose my cool and pull my hair out. When are people going to stop putting a blanket statement on Christians, and other religions for that matter? You should know that radical Muslims and people like the Westboro Baptist people are not representative of the whole. You get a large, nay, HUGE group of people, you will have crazies.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
religion should not dictate national policy

when you get your head out of the clouds you will realise Islam is not just a religion but a political ideology which absolutely dictates policy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

False post is false.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner

That day was today.

Eh, i take offense to that little bit about being apart of one of the "worst" groups in history. What my "predecessors" did, as it were, is NOT and never WILL be my fault. Maybe the people in power at the top (Absolute power corrupts absolutely) were really horrible in some cases, but...the average Joe(Jane in my case.)...no, not really. I don't follow God to make me "feel" good about ruining the world around me. That's utter bullsnip. With out the generous help of the Church I go to, my family wouldn't have had heating a few winters ago. It makes me sad that quite a few people look over all the many good things Christians do. For instance, read up on Dorthy Day. She was pretty awesome. Or even Pope John Paul the II. I know a lot of people don't like the popes, but he was a very cool dude.

I'm not saying that every person is bad, but you cannot deny you are actively taking part in a group that the founders were serial killers, and almost everyone that followed them for centuries.

And those few crazy people, really does ruin the bunch, even though its not you, the top people in christianity are clearly corrupt and have a political agenda, and if you're in that group you likely have the same political ideals backed by your beliefs.

Also bible camps teach children to go to war to make peace, watch the movie bible camp, you will be offended by what your good christian brothers and sisters are doing to our children.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tonosama

Originally posted by Truther9111776
religion should not dictate national policy

when you get your head out of the clouds you will realise Islam is not just a religion but a political ideology which absolutely dictates policy.

Just like Christianity?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join