It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tonosama

Originally posted by Truther9111776
religion should not dictate national policy

when you get your head out of the clouds you will realise Islam is not just a religion but a political ideology which absolutely dictates policy.

Yep. Truth. I believe I read somewhere about a poll that was taken in Egypt recently and something like 70% of the folks there want Sharia (Did I spell that right?) law. Some may see that as good, but it has (like other things) the easy ability to be abusive and repressive. Just look at other countries that are predominately Muslim. (I'm not knocking on Islam here!)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by Xterrain

100% agreed. Israel is our longest standing ally. You are too right when you refer to the Bible as stating what happens to those counties who turn their backs on Israel. Isn't it a sign of the end times. Something about the world will turn their backs, then it's global persecution of Christians, then the 'yellow race will rule for but a day...' I haven't read it in a while...but thats the gist.

Thanks for that post
, at least one person gets it.

There is so much hatred for Israel and the Jews on this site, people spew on and on about Deny Ignorance
sometimes I feel I must not have gone over the "Conspiracy Theorist" rule book...Apparently for me to be "awake" I have to hate Israel
, and I most certainly am not allowed to be Christian either.

It's hilarious somebody actually just foe'd me for this thread. I guess all the rest of my work here is CRAP too

Obama lied to us AGAIN....But this time it hits home with me. Don't lie to me about being a Christian, just tell me the truth from the get-go. It is in our best "national security" interest to stay closely tied with Israel, their military and security....Instead of turning them loose to defend themselves. But the hatred on this site blinds common sense sometimes.

I mean, if you think Israel's military is a little rough around the edges now....
edit on 20-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

lmao a nation turning their backs on god? How pathetic

What does it say about a group of people, where a 7 year old can become a preacher, and grown adults agree? Plus bible camps are the exact same things that Islam camps do, they just don't put weapons in their hands, they put a political agenda to change our nation, which is even worse if you ask me.

Hardcore members of any religion especially Christianity should be taken as a mental disorder, and diagnosed as such so we can learn why people like you want to ruin the world for the rest of the sane people.

I swear when I hear posts like yours I want to lose my cool and pull my hair out. When are people going to stop putting a blanket statement on Christians, and other religions for that matter? You should know that radical Muslims and people like the Westboro Baptist people are not representative of the whole. You get a large, nay, HUGE group of people, you will have crazies.

Then pull your hair out, because christianity and all the other religions will not survive the test of time, and will be the fuel to the fire that causes mass wars just like it is now. USA is only invading islamic nations as of recently, seems like a religion war to me when super powers of the world invade helpless countries in the name of terror.

If a group of people killed your/my ancestors for thousands of years, and YOU join that group of people, YOU are my common enemy. Living in a nation infested with christianity makes it even worse.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I heard it both
Obama sides with israel, lock, stock, and barrel
Obama sides with arabs to overthrow israel, lock, stock, and barrel.

Obama madness in full swing...

Oh, and what does the bible say about people whom turns their back on israel, is equal to what the bible says about people whom eat shellfish, or wear open toed shoes..who gives a rats arse what the bible says...its holy books in general that is causing the mess over there to begin with...a good step is to toss out the torah, the bible, and the koran so these people can stop demanding false gods promised the little patch of desert.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

100% agreed. Israel is our longest standing ally. You are too right when you refer to the Bible as stating what happens to those counties who turn their backs on Israel. Isn't it a sign of the end times. Something about the world will turn their backs, then it's global persecution of Christians, then the 'yellow race will rule for but a day...' I haven't read it in a while...but thats the gist.

Thanks for that post

There is so much hatred for Israel and the Jews on this site, people spew on and on about Deny Ignorance
sometimes I feel I must not have gone over the "Conspiracy Theorist" rule book...Apparently for me to be "awake" I have to hate Israel

It's hilarious somebody actually just foe'd me for this thread. I guess all the rest of my work here is CRAP too

Obama lied to us AGAIN....But this time it hits home with me. Don't lie to me about being a Christian, just tell me the truth from the get-go. It is in our best "national security" interest to stay closely tied with Israel, their military and security....Instead of turning them loose to defend themselves. But the hatred on this site blinds common sense sometimes.

I mean, if you think Israel's military is a little rough around the edges now....

What does it say about a group of people, where a 7 year old can become a preacher, and grown adults agree? Plus bible camps are the exact same things that Islam camps do, they just don't put weapons in their hands, they put a political agenda to change our nation, which is even worse if you ask me.

Hardcore members of any religion especially Christianity should be taken as a mental disorder, and diagnosed as such so we can learn why people like you want to ruin the world for the rest of the sane people.

I swear when I hear posts like yours I want to lose my cool and pull my hair out. When are people going to stop putting a blanket statement on Christians, and other religions for that matter? You should know that radical Muslims and people like the Westboro Baptist people are not representative of the whole. You get a large, nay, HUGE group of people, you will have crazies.

Then pull your hair out, because christianity and all the other religions will not survive the test of time, and will be the fuel to the fire that causes mass wars just like it is now. USA is only invading islamic nations as of recently, seems like a religion war to me when super powers of the world invade helpless countries in the name of terror.

If a group of people killed your/my ancestors for thousands of years, and YOU join that group of people, YOU are my common enemy. Living in a nation infested with christianity makes it even worse.

Once again, I'm going to point out that you are using a blanket statement here for religion. There has been spirituality in some form since ancient time. It is my personal believe that there is something "divine" and more than just this physical world we interact with, and I choose to follow this belief in the form of Christianity. Not every religious/spiritual person is a war-monger-er, see? Sheesh.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What part of the Bible are you getting these things from? The Old Testament or the New? There is a difference between the two, and the changes that happen from one to the next. Please remember that. I'm not knocking on your intelligence or any such thing, just try to do a bit of reading up and studying before you go and make statments like that.

link   
reply to post by randomname

Honestly, I hate to side with someone who seems to be trolling but he's right. All you fair-weather Christians need to stop saying God didn't mean for the bible to be taken literal word for word. First of all if there is a God what gives any human the right to say what he did or didn't mean? Is it because some crook in a suit that stands up in front of your neighborhood congregation and spouts HIS PERSONAL opinion on what god meant?

Hate to go here, but at least Muslims follow their book to the T, they are true followers of their religion. That is more than I can say for every Christian I've ever met. 99.999% of you want to only read the good things and black out what you don't like about your own book of faith. Disgusting and hypocritical if you ask me.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Perplexity because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by steven704

It sounds better when you read the entire context of the speech.

The problem is the spark that will be created in the Muslim world....on small town levels, on border town levels, on large scale policy issues.

As soon as he suggested pre-1967 borders, it was on.

If you don't believe me, just sit back and watch what happens next. Major conflict in the M.E., it will be an inferno. BO just gave the suicide bombers a green light!

The man has

NO CLUE

about foreign policy, as evidenced yet again by yesterday's speech.

If anything he is purposefully destabilizing the entire region! Libya anyone?!?!?!?

And, back to the point of the thread. He lied to us about being a Christian. As a Christian, this makes me furious, and it should any other Christian too!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thanks for that post

Once again, I'm going to point out that you are using a blanket statement here for religion. There has been spirituality in some form since ancient time. It is my personal believe that there is something "divine" and more than just this physical world we interact with, and I choose to follow this belief in the form of Christianity. Not every religious/spiritual person is a war-monger-er, see? Sheesh.

I would argue there are more religious people that have killed a person or committed serious crimes in their life than those who never killed anybody. Remember USA is only 300m people and the safest area, so naturally you would not have to kill anyone. However, if you were the same exact human being, just born in an unsafe place to live where your village can be destroyed at any second, you would use your religious beliefs to justify killing your enemy even though its for defense, while your enemy is doing the same thing to justify killing innocent people. See? Sheesh

edit on 20-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OP, I'm usually the first to find common ground between disparate elements, but this is just drivel.

People always hate perspectives they can't understand.

If a group of Muslims showed up in your neighborhood and started building houses, without so much as a permit or notice of construction, you'd be furious. If those same Muslims then made a pact with a very powerful and Nulclear Super power nation, how would you feel? Israel wasn't even a 'country' until the 70's.

If you get your spiritual inspiration from a book that says killing other human beings is necessary and good and what 'God' wants, then you need to re-examine your beliefs. You are lost, my brother.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

My point is that we could go back and forth with quotes and misquotes all day. America is not a theocracy. It never has been and hopefully it never will be. Your constitution shows no preference for Christianity over any other system of theology.
edit on 20-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

I never said that it is or was a theocracy. Anyone that does say that is an idiot and clearly has no understanding of American History. Saying that America was founded as a Christian nation is strictly referring to morals, values and principals, which I'm sure you would agree are the foundations of a good and just, civilized society. The first amendment clearly advocates for and mandates a free society in regards to religion and the practice thereof. It is also proof that America wasn't founded as a theocracy, because if it were there would be no reason for the religious aspect of the first amendment to begin with.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
OP, I'm usually the first to find common ground between disparate elements, but this is just drivel.

People always hate perspectives they can't understand.

If a group of Muslims showed up in your neighborhood and started building houses, without so much as a permit or notice of construction, you'd be furious. If those same Muslims then made a pact with a very powerful and Nulclear Super power nation, how would you feel? Israel wasn't even a 'country' until the 70's.

If you get your spiritual inspiration from a book that says killing other human beings is necessary and good and what 'God' wants, then you need to re-examine your beliefs. You are lost, my brother.

Some people just do not understand this

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The problem is the spark that will be created in the Muslim world....on small town levels, on border town levels, on large scale policy issues.

If you don't believe me, just sit back and watch what happens next. Major conflict in the M.E., it will be an inferno. BO just gave the suicide bombers a green light!

The man has

NO CLUE

If anything he is purposefully destabilizing the entire region! Libya anyone?!?!?!?

And, back to the point of the thread. He lied to us about being a Christian. As a Christian, this makes me furious, and it should any other Christian too!

I do agree with this. Obama is rather ineffectual at anything relating to foreign policy. I remember him wining the Nobel Peace Prize...and for what? Sorry if this irritates some people, but I think you should actually earn your rewards.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The man has

NO CLUE

How can you sit here and tell people that somebody does not have a clue, while you're driving backwards on the racetrack?

And why would that make you furious? Why should everyone like you be furious? This is religious logic and its nonsense

Plus a president is not in charge, corrupt presidents are just a symptom of the main problem.

Its not the president that makes corrupt decisions, its the same people for all the presidents before him that is making the corrupt changes that make the poor poorer and the rich richer

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
See this is what confuses me about Christians. Islamic beliefs are closer intuned to Christian beliefs than Jewish beliefs. All three religions believe in Moses, Daniel, Abraham etc.. Muslims believe in Jesus, the jews do not. According to most Christians Jesus was a Rabi that rejected the orthodox beliefs of the jews at the time. Many blame the jews for Jesus death at the hands of the Romans.

So where does all the support come from? And why does being a Christian automatically must make you an ally of a country that has more broken UN resolutions than any other country? It must be a hawkish thing.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by g146541

Actually, Jesus was a fighter.

Matthew 10:34-46

Matthew 10:34. "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law'; 36 "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'

The wishy-washy lovey-dovey way of viewing the life and teachings of Yeshiua Hamashiach are totally false, as is much of mainstream Christianity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thanks for that post

I would argue there are more religious people that have killed a person or committed serious crimes in their life than those who never killed anybody. Remember USA is only 300m people and the safest area, so naturally you would not have to kill anyone. However, if you were the same exact human being, just born in an unsafe place to live where your village can be destroyed at any second, you would use your religious beliefs to justify killing your enemy even though its for defense, while your enemy is doing the same thing to justify killing innocent people. See? Sheesh

This is a good point. However, I A) can not know if I would or wouldn't use my religion as an "excuse" for killing others and B) you can't really speculate on me being born some where else, in a different situation, in a different country. You never really know what you will do or won't do until you are in said situation, see?
I think it's the environment people are brought up in that makes a difference, and you pointed to this in your reply. Example: I was brought up by parents who are far from racist as you can get, and I'm not racist either. I assume the same for religious extremism. (Which I deplore.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

See this is what confuses me about Christians. Islamic beliefs are closer intuned to Christian beliefs than Jewish beliefs. All three religions believe in Moses, Daniel, Abraham etc.. Muslims believe in Jesus, the jews do not. According to most Christians Jesus was a Rabi that rejected the orthodox beliefs of the jews at the time. Many blame the jews for Jesus death at the hands of the Romans.

So where does all the support come from? And why does being a Christian automatically must make you an ally of a country that has more broken UN resolutions than any other country? It must be a hawkish thing.

Well, Chewingonmushrooms, that's where the Bible comes in.

It teaches us those are God's chosen people, and they get another chance to be saved, even though they reject Jesus now.

Oh, and Jesus was a Jew.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Another thing, correct me if I am wrong (I am certainly no bible scholar) but doesn't the word "Israel" not stem from the country itself, but rather Issac and his sons whom are considered the forefathers of the original 12 tribes? Didn't they roam together in a land with Caanites and other gentles?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is the BIGGEST load of crap ever !! You are a Christian and you don't even understand the message of the MAN you are quoting.

"The kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN"

"Greater things will you do than I"

Christianity is supposed to be about Tolerance, Forgiveness, Peace, Love, Non-Judgement.

Fundamentalist Christians here are anything but Tolerant or Peaceful. They seem to be the MOST judgmental people on the planet. I find it very interesting that God is supposed to be the judge even though a vast majority of Christians tend to take that role on themselves.

As for Obama's religion... I don't see how you can claim he is a liar and NOT a Christian and remain non-judgmental !

You also cannot give him crap about being involved with that fundamentalist preacher during his election and then claim he is a Muslim and and Israel hater. You cant have the argument in all directions. Pick one. To argue all sides makes you guys seem like haters of everything Obama.

If you don't like the guy then that;s fine. Leave the judgement to higher powers and go about your business.

The point is he IS our leader and like him or hate him you MUST back your own leaders. To do otherwise is shooting yourself in the foot. That is why we have term limits in this democracy. Back your leader even if you don't like him and vote him out next election. It's very simple logic....well....who ever said fundamentalists were logical ...I know.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

No, but it makes him a liar!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join