It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
I would have them take all the christians, jews, islamic people, except that would be like 3/4ths of the population

The bible camp/whatever people would be first, anyone that goes to a camp for god

Then the soldiers that believe in god

Maybe we would finally have some peace on this awful planet. It seems people tend to use god as a reason to destroy the world around them.

Now that is a returning of christ I can get behind!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

Incredible. I was just thinking if we got rid of all the God haters like you, how peaceful it would be here.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris
I'm quite glad I chose this as my first thread, there's been soom really interesting discussion, however, given all the talk we get round here of disclosure I'm suprised so few have talked about how they would handle that particular aspect. Would you even tell the public? If you did how and what would you tell them?

I like l_e_cox's reply (which also addresses what you wanted to know above):

Originally posted by l_e_cox
I would have already told all my people to come clean or resign.

I would have ordered the release of all documents kept secret only for the purpose of hiding the complicity of people in positions of responsibility in criminal activities.

I would have told the public all I knew about the situation and made sure the media got it straight.

I would have released for public benefit all "free energy" technologies being hidden for the purpose of economic terrorism.

And I would have opened up the communication lines as wide as I could to try to find out what was really going on up there.

This would include seeing that honest persons were being trained in methods to improve their awareness so that we would have a better chance of knowing what the ET planning really consisted of.

And I would have attempted to locate and fully utilize any technology that might help protect the planet from undue interference from off planet. I would have lived to the best of my abilities with the credo that "True knowledge protects."

And if, after doing all that, I actually remained alive and in charge, I would try to determine, after receiving such an ultimatum, if it were actually serious or mere bluff. This would be a matter for public discussion.

I would invite the "enemy" to enter negotiations. And if they refused and seemed serious, then I would try to rig it so that they would think that if they acted on their threat, the consequences would not be worth it.

Then I would cross my fingers.

Also, without knowing intent, I wouldn't just give up the criminals or diseased.....as some have suggested, they may be here to save a third of humanity and are we serious we want to go into the universe with our worst to further our species?

I like this "what if" scenario as it shows (outside of the flippant and ridiculous responses) how diverse our species is when it comes to ideas......F & S for the OP's first post! Very thoughtful!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pctoolbin

I'm quite glad I chose this as my first thread, there's been soom really interesting discussion, however, given all the talk we get round here of disclosure I'm suprised so few have talked about how they would handle that particular aspect. Would you even tell the public? If you did how and what would you tell them?

I like l_e_cox's reply (which also addresses what you wanted to know above):

It was indeed a good post, however it did alter the set of circumstances a bit. While I didn't specifically rule out changing the past, everyone else has assumed (as did I) that all circumstance prior to the ET's threat is as they are now (ie. currently no disclosure) which is an aspect I'm interested to see how people would handle. Just imagine how huge it would be to have The President or King/Queen/Prime Minister making a live statement not only confirming we are not alone but then telling us we may be screwed?. That said, major credit to l_e_cox for thinking a little more outside the box.

Also, without knowing intent, I wouldn't just give up the criminals or diseased.....as some have suggested, they may be here to save a third of humanity and are we serious we want to go into the universe with our worst to further our species?

Indeed, there has been a nice variety and I don't think we can conclusively say any particular one is correct, although some appear better than others. I quite like the way so many see this as an opportunity to unite the world. I think that's a pretty nice thought. In fact in a few days I may well set out a post invasion scenario based on the answers in this thread.

I like this "what if" scenario as it shows (outside of the flippant and ridiculous responses) how diverse our species is when it comes to ideas......F & S for the OP's first post! Very thoughtful!

Why thanks you

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

If government is truly to be for the ppl by the ppl then I'd let them know,
and put it to a vote.

Odds are this would cause a panic, but I still think the truth is the best path
even if it caused some chaos.

We have had enough of the lies of the present governments of many nations.

The ppl can choose to fight or to surrender, and even if the government made
the choice for them not everyone would follow it much like what happened during
the vietnam war.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
First off, if the reason given is based around overpopulation or resources then you know its a load of bull...we have the technology and resources to solve all our problems there if the P.T.B. would only allow us to use then. In such bull excuse I'd rather stand my ground with the rest of the world and give a big FU to those tryin to claim to be an advanced culture...seeing how no advanced culture would see "thining the flock" as an even remotely intelligent solution. On the other hand, if we were faced with an "apocolyptic" event...and said advance culture said it was our only option for survival as a species and could prove it (as an advanced culture they should be able to prove it) then i'd probably be the first one in line...

My only fear is the P.T.B. have already shown interest in this tactic as a means of controlling the masses through fear...so tread lightly if this ever becomes the case.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Pending on what they wanted one third for. If labour workers give them the genetically inbred, or the less evolved. They would have held down our species anyway.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
I would bargain, you want these people? Well we want technology, we don't care for weapons, we may misuse them. Space travel is our goal, you want people, we want to explore.

You could just attack us, or we could nuke our entire planet, ruining everything you wanted. So we are at a standstill, if you really want these people, you need to agree to this deal, or no workers no planet.

Basically if they tried to jump over the deal, threaten to destroy the planet, they came here for something, so clearly they want it intact.

That's what I would do, and no it wouldn't be a bluff, to prove your seriousness, several countries would have to burn in flames for them to get our point.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Anthony1138 because: Spellcheck

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Kill 'em all. I can't deal with all the people already here and now I gotta deal with aliens? F that. By the way do you know what toilet paper has in common with the Starship Enterprise? They both circle Uranus in search of Klingons...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Introduce them to the USA. Aliens will be much more Interested in their lives. just as they are interested in others

Let them take the North Americans first So everyone else Can live Peacefully
As the Aliens will be Interested in the best material available which the they think they are.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
you let the christians believe theyre going to be saved and let the aliens take them.
win win situation

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
First of all, I wouldnt trust they would stop at just a third. Knowingly condoning the genocide of people from any walk of life is to condone what Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and many others have already attempted to do.

Personally, I would team up with Vicky Roberts
, and go after that (word that rhymes with witch) Sofia.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hold a mandatory fair IQ test
kill off whomever scores under the 33% mark

This will be the most fair, as it holds no country, race, sex, etc more than any other, and we will need as many intelligent people as possible to survive so that we can find technology to fight back against the aliens in time...

Sorry to the low processing ones, however, survival requires sacrifice.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If I was a leader, I would say to the hostile aliens "BUZZ OFF!", arm everyone, build up weapons, and if possible upgrade all kinds of weaponry so that we have another edge on the battlefield.

As well, train everyone to use telepathic abilities, in that way we have another edge. Plus I bet they don't like it when we start appearing in front of them.

Sad thing is, this is happening. Or I would say did happen, it's just not in the books.

I tell you one little bit about the Cold War. Russia, America, and all other countries that were involved were brothers. The arms race was a build up to defend our home. No hostility, or hate was involved between all the countries involved; they had one goal: Build up weapons to defend our home planet.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok - I have to repeat this from another posting because I'm desperately seeking something and the posters on this thread seem to have a pretty good grasp:

Just curious - and asked here on ATS many times - an answer to which is proving frustratingly elusive:

WHAT IS the real, official policy of US, any other world government, or any supranational organization (e.g., UN, etc.) with regards to a POTENTIAL attack?

I mean really - all this denial crap about UFO/Aliens from TPTB is one thing, but are we to accept that we HAVE NO PLAN just in case an alien mothership suddenly appears from behind the dark side of the moon?

Frequent and varied requests - even FOIA requests always produce the same result, something to the effect of: "...UFOs and Aliens are unproven/hoaxes/anomalies, etc., and because they officially do not exist, there is no threat, so there is no plan to deal with them..."

WHAT??? Are we collectively that naive and stupid so as to be completely unprepared in the event that 'they' might show up? Ok, so we can't build a defense against a threat that we don't understand. That's a given. BUT NO PLAN OF ANY KIND? No document, course of action, protocol - nothing!?!?!

Scenario: After many years of professional, diligent, and very expensive research and development, NASA's Astrobiology Institute, or some other recognized world body, makes an announcement is made that alien life is confirmed. A short time later, radio astronomer's detect a large object in the solar system. At first, it is assumed to be a wayward planetoid or other benign celestial object. Further research confirms the (hitherto) unthinkable: the object is regularly adjusting its course and speed. Calculations indicate we have about 14 months before it reaches its apparent intersection path with Earth's orbit.

Well - what do we do then? Sigh a huge collective, "Oops"??!?

Of course some privileged members of society will immediately kick "plan-making" into high gear; bunkers, bomb shelters, defense mechanisms, most of which will likely prove fruitless assuming hostile intent. But what about the rest of us poor schleps?

Anarchy will prevail long before 'the arrival" (again, assuming we are even told of the coming event). I don;t know about you, but I'm going to be mighty pissed that our planet's "leaders" held their collective head in the sand for decades under the guise of "plausible denial" and ultimately have nothing more to declare to the public than, "uh... we're sorry, we really didn't think they were real...".

SO - IS THERE REALLY NO PLAN WHATSOEVER!?!?

O - M - G ...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Increace production of small-arms in various outlets across the world, set up arming stations covertly, and inform the public and treat every civillian as a potential solider to combat the threat.

In addition to this, campaigns of resistence, broadcasts to boost morale and encourage the fighting spirit, information about potential weaknesses of alien fleets, as well as potentially a "poison pill" like a cyanide capsule drop, to rather kill oneself than to be taken, or destroy our entire civilisation and destroy the environment (nuclear suicide) before allowing the aliens to ever be able to take over.
edit on 19-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We could just give them the chavs, they would probably be quite happy with them, after all they talk a different language as well, so they could probably understand each other !

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Ring up Arnold Schwarzeneger.

He can deal with it.

What's he gonna do? Sleep with their housekeepers?

Assuming my previous ultimatum plan didn't work, there's always the fallback. Surgically implant all of the "third" going, with the most advanced and destructive bombs we can muster. Then, when all are aboard.... *click* BOOM!!! (inside their shields)....
edit on 19-5-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

...but, Gaz - all kidding aside for moment: are YOU going to be the one to do the "clicking"? No? Who will? Are we prepared to annihilate 2 billion human beings with the push of a button?

Kind of the "lifeboat analogy", eh? Kill 2 billion souls on the hope that we can save 4 billion?

P.S. the second ship is on it's way... Now what? Plan "B"?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would challenge the Leader Of the ET people to Mortal Combat after agreeing that whoever wins will have complete supreme control of both people ET and Human. Oh and I don't plan on losing....
Then we wouldn't have to worry about anyone destroying Earth's population until the next ET threat comes along and I defeat them in Mortal Combat and by the end I will control about 7 species of aliens.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Off topic
edit on 19-5-2011 by PW229 because: Off topic reply to some twit thinking we should send "chavs."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

...but, Gaz - all kidding aside for moment: are YOU going to be the one to do the "clicking"? No? Who will? Are we prepared to annihilate 2 billion human beings with the push of a button?

Kind of the "lifeboat analogy", eh? Kill 2 billion souls on the hope that we can save 4 billion?

P.S. the second ship is on it's way... Now what? Plan "B"?

My Ultimatum plan was better (back on around page 4 or so, I think)...

The one above was more tongue-in-cheek.

Personally, I can't believe that nuclear weapons would not be effective against them. If that is the case, we're really kind of doomed. Even the bio-weapon scenarios aren't much better, as simple suits can prevent that.

Shy of getting people in the ships who can have a chance at getting away from their keepers, and creating some sabotage, there's few options out there.

If they come at us openly hostile, demanding 1/3 of our people, we'd need to respond swiftly, decisively, and with the goal of sending a very clear message that we won't go out without a fight.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join