It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If I could include in that 1/3 of the population they plan on taking away:

• Lawyers
  • Politicians
  • Bad cops
  • Rapists/Murders/Gang Bangers
  • Charlie Sheen

Then Yes, I'd let the aliens take them all away
World: better place.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by XPLodER
who says we are the good guys here?

xp

Would you really trust a random species over humans?

humans i can gauge and although dangerous and when scared i beleive i know enough about them to say that we are on a course of action that ultimatly leeds not only to the death of us as a species but also to every other species on the earth. i have hope that we as humans can recognise that we are acually able to effect the planet in a good way with our actions and choices.

i can say without something "happening" we will be turned into a farmed species and only allowed minor rights on our home planet. govenments around the world have programs in action now to lower the poulation, but the means of steralizing 6 billion people is not easy
either all get sick and infertile (which threatens the species)
or a selective group is "relocated" to a suitable sytem with knowledge of "how to live" in their new environment.

so the "invaders" we know nothing of there intentions and can do nothing to resist,
the fact they gave us a choice means our choice is going to seal our fate.

one way or the other

two choices
destroy more of the earth resisting
imagine the 1 third is going to colinize of new world for the future of our species and when the earth has recovered enough maby we could come back and clean up our home

then cross fingers

xploder
edit on 18-5-2011 by XPLodER because: add more

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris
Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

I will simply have everyone flee, have a nuclear bomb set off to explode when they arrive, then return when the radiation subsides. Either that or figure out a way to take their leader hostage.

Personally though, knowing how I am, I would allow them to take the 1/3 population, and in the panic strike with whatever we possess.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by XPLodER
who says we are the good guys here?

xp

Would you really trust a random species over humans?

the answer acually causes a person to display there true nature in a way
self presevation
do you think of you and your family now,
or the world your children are living in later?

are you happy with the idea of the species living on beyond you
or
do you think if the life you lived was lost so too should everyones
???????????

the needs of the many outway the needs of the few

"spock" star trek

xploder

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
if they have said they are coming to take a 3rd of the population it doesn't sound like much of a request.

I would just tell the world what is going to happen and watch the hysteria by that time i expect after all the commotion we would be down to about a 1/3 left maybe more and then we can all go and see how this # plays out

the aliens would have to meet 2 demands or i press the nuke the world button.

random selection by me spinning round and pointing with my finger not fair but i put myself as king of the world in this hypothetical situation.

A man and a woman are to be left behind them there new names are adam and eve, they will repopulate the world and i want the people to get 20 year updates for the rest of the time we are used by the aliens to see if the world plays out like the bible says it does or the microchips i have installed in everyone's head will cause people to melt.

this was fun but i think everyone dies in what i have thought up

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In my case...phone a certain member of the opposite sex and remind them of a conversation that went something like.....

"I'll sleep with you when the Aliens land on the Whitehorse lawn"....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Pray

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's not selling out the human race, it's buying time to figure a way to defeat the enemy. Generally speaking 1/3 of a population has a better chance of discovering weapons then some leftover people hiding in a caves with zero command structure.

You have to go with numbers.. 2 billion people living in a hospitable although probably enslaved environment stands a better chance over the long run then 10,000 people scattered living underground. Remember they could probably just ignite our atmosphere on fire or put us into an ice age and wait it out. I am sure these alien types are old enough to understand the virtue of patience.

In this scenario people must die to hopefully ensure a future. It's cold but logical and seems necessary from where I stand or sit...or kneel
edit on 18-5-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only fair way would be to tell them to do it secretly, when people were sleeping and for them to do it without bias. Which would mean everyone and anyone would be in the potential pool, myself included.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Firstly i'd lie and say we were under the protection of some super advanced alien species already and they won't be happy about it

Secondly i'd kit out bunkers for long term survival as a back up plan and fill it with the most healthy and intelligent members of the human race ( i'd be stuffed

Thirdly i'd arm the 1/3 to the teeth ( assuming we knew who they were going to take) with a large selection of firearms and explosives.

Fourth - get volunteers to carry nuclear weapons to detonate on the aliens ships once they were transported aboard. Ideally the first ones taken to minimise the carnage. Probably get detected but take all measures possible to prevent this.

Five - get really drunk and wait for the outcome.

This plan may indicate my unsuitability for world governance
- At least we'd go down fighting - if they're making those sort of demands they're only going to tun up again saying yum they were tasty got any more !
edit on 18-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Dear DJKris

Ok I will play on this one, first off they are here so there is nothing that can be done to stop them.

So let it happen and blame it on the rapture. For sure enough will believe it and then get on with the aftermath and put cash into developing weapons that just might have a chance of stopping the next time.

However can anybody possibly imagine why the ET would do such a thing?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I say take the top richest third in the world and then disperse all the money equally amongst the remaing people.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Train 1/3 of the population to fight behind enemy lines.

Train 1/3 of the population in low impact survival techniques.

Infect 1/3 of the population with a carrier strain virus bio-engineered using any knowledge that we may have of the enemy's physiology.

...that should about cover it...

OR

If the enemy wants that much from us, they must need it in a bad way. It would seem by that logic, the enemy is attempting to avoid war with us. Must be a reason for that. Therefore the win might be just to dust off the entire planet. Call their bluff. See what kind of war the next day brings.

TPTB are far too power hungry to just roll over, unless allowed to be exempt from abductions. Would they willingly hand over the entire labor force to a bunch of space thugs? (If they can't have them no one can.)

Me personally? We shouldn't negotiate with bullies or make deals with the devil, so to speak.

So... Die with our nukes on I say.

Better to die with some dignity.

Either way, we fight.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I believe I would try to figure out if the third was willing to go and try to negotiate. I know there are people who would be willing to go so I wonder what that perspective would be. If I could know these things... and why, it would make the decision easier.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If it was up to me I'd publicly deny it, the Government official line would be deny it, but tell the rumor sites that they were "angels" and it was the Rapture.

By the time a month had passed most of the gullible would flock to the pick up zones, no hassles at all

But this is all theory right?????

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Women and children first

Jokes.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Ring up Arnold Schwarzeneger.

He can deal with it.

X Factor is on the TV.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

I thought they agreed to do this in the 1950's?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There would be no choice but to comply. Either a third goes or we all die? The entire human race? No leader could allow that to happen. The lottery system would be the best bet.

Sounds like the makig of a good sci-fi series or even a movie. I'd watch it!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

Ummm......That would depend on their "motives"......the why...What the purpose of this "culling" would be....
If their purpose is "humanitarian",. ie., "sow the human seed on another habitable planet", etc. Then a lottery would be the best way.....
On the other hand.....if their purpose is "foodstocks", ie., "protien" for the long voyage, or slave labor, then no........Not a chance.......
I would not trade humans for "humanity"....................I would however...volunteer and accept other volunteer's, even if their purpose is.....menu...I know how inventive human beings can be when faced with adversity.........who knows.....the sheep just might overthrow the "shepherds".....utilize their tech and overnight become an interstellar species..................

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join