It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i'd tell them if they take one human being and you wont have to destroy nothing cause I would nuke the planet myslef.

1st I would try to fight of course but if thier gonna destroy us if we don't comply then why not beat them to the punch.

I would rather destroy our own race on our terms then have some mook aliens come here and try to push us around like cattle.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Call Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If i were a "world leader" offered this ultimatum i would decline and tell them to do there worse. 1/3 of the population is more than 2 billion people, wouldn't 2 billion people rather die attempting to defend our planet rather than die for absolutely no reason?

Yeah were overpopulated but what if you get picked as a sacrifice or your little brother? or your 2 year old daughter?
Would rather die fighting the little space men than giving up 2 billion people for nothing in return except a pat on the back and a "thank you for your complience" foot note on an apology letter.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would have them take all the christians, jews, islamic people, except that would be like 3/4ths of the population

The bible camp/whatever people would be first, anyone that goes to a camp for god

Then the soldiers that believe in god

Maybe we would finally have some peace on this awful planet. It seems people tend to use god as a reason to destroy the world around them.

Now that is a returning of christ I can get behind!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
heck, i'd let them take me and leave all the rest behind. if they want to eat me then they'll just have to keep recloning me over and over again. and if they just want to take me to someplace interesting, then i'm most definitely up for that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Take Kim Kardashian and leave the rest.

At least one is saved ;]

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This seems like stigmatized question. However, since they would destroy the planet if we didn't comply the aliens would be considered agressive and evil. I would send the soilders, the convicts, the terrorists, the drug cartel people, the gay men, the terminally sick, and the extreme elderly. Hopefully, the soliders would eventually overcome the aliens and comandeer their equipment and return to Earth the victors. I definitly would not want to send those of breeding age, they are our future for humanity. It really would be an awful choice to make, and an unfair one.
edit on 19-5-2011 by frugal because: sp

edit on 19-5-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Any species capable of interstellar travel would have technology and insight into physics and the structure of the universe far beyond anything we can imagine. There would likely be no successful strategy or counterattack that could stop them.

I would marshal world leaders and begin an immense cooperative effort to construct underground bunkers of sufficient thickness and material that no (known) element or energy could penetrate, in the faint hope that their technology (ability to scan for us) was at least limited by the periodic table and our standard model (not guaranteed at all.) I would get as much of humanity as possible into these rapidly constructed bunkers as quickly as possible. I would not sell out any part of humanity to save any other part.

It is incredibly unlikely that they could be stopped, though.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I don't know what I would do, but I know what the world leaders would say " But we want two thirds of them taken " !

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
First I would arm EVERYONE, none of this mamby pamby gun control, everyone gets a weapon, minimal training and ammo. Next I would send a return message to our new alien friends, "Do your worst." Then I'd do something I haven't seen anyone else mention. I want every transmitter on this planet pointed skyward and blasting out a distress call in all directions on every conceivable frequency in every language. It's a one in a trillion shot but whatever helps. Just before they arrive, open every border in the world and tell the people, either fight together or die apart, put aside your petty Earthly squabbles and get ready to give them hell!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Pass out the IQ tests, failure to take part or bottom 1/3 of global population would have to pack a bag.

This would be a win/win for alien and humans.

Less vehicle traffic, less random street violence and tax savings re:special education, etc.

In addition, abduction of 33% of brain drain would probably solve a host of social issues as well.

Aliens benefit: It is very easy to manage dumb slaves, and they probably taste just as good.

Hey Aliens, "come on down."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Some of you folks are amazing. This is the ultimate stranger in a van scenario. Strangers show up on our block and "offer" to help... didn't your parents teach you about stranger danger? Just because they traveled trillions of miles of empty space, doesn't mean they are safe.

While the premise of getting destroyed doesn't sit well with me, I couldn't stomach sending my fellow man to the unknown, they could be cattle or experimented on... a fate worse than death IMHO.

I'm in charge, first things first. We ascertain the threat and explore all options. Any experimental tech will be released and be on the table for use.
Second. We begin hiding the populace and gathering all supplies in underground shelters.

Third. We then prepare for the fight of our lives. We will at least bloody their nose before we go. Hopefully we give the people being protected a chance to rebuild... without being fearful of beings kidnapping them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm quite glad I chose this as my first thread, there's been soom really interesting discussion, however, given all the talk we get round here of disclosure I'm suprised so few have talked about how they would handle that particular aspect. Would you even tell the public? If you did how and what would you tell them?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hmm,

I would...

Ask for volunteers.

After that the I would go the Futurama-esqe route. Give them Chimps instead of people and send them billions of candy hearts every Valentines day for not invading again.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris
Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

Devil's Advocate
I would let them take one third of the population; however, I would negotiate with them on which third they should take.

edit on 5/19/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

You guys are a bunch of freaking morons, this invasion is your brothers and sisters here to wake your dumb ass up. # your doom!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Consider the full impact of their request. They have the capability to transport over 2,000,000,000 people over interstellar distances. Let that sink in. Their technology must be overwhelming in comparison to ours. I would give them the entire population of China and Indonesia and then embark on a plan of massive technological research and upgrades.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I would tell the world the truth, and immediately prepare for war. I realize it might be a fruitless attempt, but my own conscious would not allow me to do any other option. Every man, woman and child would be armed to the teeth, so that if there was any way possible to fight,they would have to option to do so.

This would be mankind's ONE chance to band together for the greater good of all of us. If we succeeded in keeping the aliens at bey, we could finally become ONE race, the human race, instead of several splits and factions of governments. As has been seen throughout history,when we all band together for a greater good, amazing things can be accomplished, only this time it would be for EVERYONE and not one country.

Perhaps it is suicide, but no one person should have the right to decide the fate of billions.
Each and every person should have the right to live and fight for their lives.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In a Spiritual sense, even tho they are of alien biology, and/or of supernatural ability, we are all consciousness foci... Siblings under a parent supernal creator being, and ultimately destined for the same...

Supernal beings must, in order to survive their own dualistic nature, always err on the side of Love/compassion...

On the material levels, I think Outrageo detailed an excellent approach...
I think in step #8 he touches upon something that has more potential than most realize...

"Assuming hostile intent:

1. Immediately and in secret meet with all world governments to form a set of contingency plans. (bonus: the planet finally has a reason to stop killing each other and pursue a common humanitarian objective).

2. Assess the situation in terms of potential threat, response scenarios, alternatives to compliance, defense posture potential, etc.

3. Determine a negotiation/stalling strategy should the option become available one month's hence. Must the third be accessed all at once or can we serve them up piecemeal?

3. Assuming we had the choice of selecting the third were we to comply, assemble a list from which to comply, starting with volunteers, the terminally ill, violent criminals/prisoners, etc.

4. Examine hypothetical, e.g., can we exploit some biological frailty (send infecteds in advance, take advantage of some weakness (they can't breath our atmosphere, function in our gravity, sensitivity to UV radiation, etc.)).

5. If we can manage global cooperation, and decide against compliance, prepare all of the possible militaristic offensive hardware, command and control mechanisms, battle plans, etc., that we can and prepare to fight to the death.

6. Corollary to #4: Select several dozen groups of humans to be sequestered in undergrounds bunkers, caverns, research facilities, submarines, etc. to provide a chance, however remote, for the human species to regroup and survive to start over once the smoke and dust clears - if it ever does.

7. Consider Operation Scorched Earth: Should hostilities commence, and the aliens follow through with their threat, and it appears all hope is lost for salvation, then take as many of the filthy critters down as possible, along with their vessels and hardware, poison the wells, and initiate Armageddon. Ideally, we would communicate such ultimatum intent to our captors, and thereby introduce a possible last-chance settlement/treaty. The Earth's governments have enough nuclear weaponry to kill every human several thousand times over. So - invite the buggers down for a pow-wow and and if things go bad for us - push the red button.

8. Hope and pray (not a very effective strategy) that there are benevolent aliens nearby prepared to intervene on our behalf. (Hey - we're playing a thought experiment here! we can toss in a potential savior race, can't we?)

Yikes...

Actually giving up part of our brethren would be more damaging to the "spirit of humanity" than any mass killing that might result from a defensive/moral struggle...
Standing side by side to meet our destiny whatever it may be, would strengthen our bond of humanity...this is a win that is beyond mortality...

In the end, the true struggle is not for our material bodies or world...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lol you people are funny, if they were going to kill us, what makes you think they would even enter our planet so you idiots can shoot basic missiles at them?

Why would they even send us a message to leave us time to prepare for resistance? And they would just use mind control or something to make people get on board.

You guys are like ants that think they can defend their colony against the world, until some bored kid walks by with a fire cracker and kills your colony because he is bored.

A lame what if situation : /

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join