It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Let them take a third of the population, blame the Middle East, and then go in to steal their oil.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I would tell them to take everybody in China,India and Pakistan and if that is not enough then take everybody in Indonesia.

They all can't seem to not be able to"keep it in their pants" so to speak.

Nothing personal just kinda fond of my own country and those people I just listed can't seem to get their act together or think their better than everybody else.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I would create a lottery of some sort... equal amount people to be chosen in each participating country...
A "deep impact" senario

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I feel you would have no choice but to comply. The weaponry or tactic they would use would seemingly be one that would still maintain their as of yet elusive existence as to elude to something natural. Say a virus? TPTB would appear to be doing everything in their power to maintain stability and otherwise normal way of life despite the mass casualties after the "attack" (term used loosely).

If a governing body was presented with such a limited ultimatum then they would have no choice but to comply with the best scenario that will garner continuation of the species.

However, their will be those that may present with "what if this is their tactic to slave our society, the current population density would allow for too much resistance, if they narrowed the field down this operation would be much easier to conduct and the "kill all of you or else" was just a clever scare tactic".

Then, their will be those that may present with "what if they know what they are talking about and because our population and it's density has become so full of corruption, that before they "can help us" the field needs to be narrowed down, or we can just 'wipe you all out and start from scratch but, we're providing you with the choice' ".

It would be a tough decision to say the least.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by DJKris

Let them take a third of the population, blame the Middle East, and then go in to steal their oil.

Hahah! I'll vote for this idea too! Sounds credible

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by DJKris

haha dalan, thx for my 1st laugh of the day, hahahaha

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'd tell them to 'vacuum up' football crowds, shopping malls and other large gatherings !! I know there who be some collaterel but also it would be a good way of getting rid of a load of idiots and sheeple..AKA Quatermass Experiment .

PDUK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would get everyone in all prisons to go first, then the gangs, also people with spreadable diseases.
That should make a nice dent.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

nothing - as thier " demand / threat " is utterly assanine

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Id ask,
Can I get your tech for another one third?
If they agree, I win both ways.
1) Depopulation complete.
2) I get alien tech

If they don't agree, I'll give them the one third, at least depopulation work will be cut out for me.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If I were by some quirk of fate in charge in those circumstances, the scenario as described would not be valid.

I would have already told all my people to come clean or resign.

I would have ordered the release of all documents kept secret only for the purpose of hiding the complicity of people in positions of responsibility in criminal activities.

I would have told the public all I knew about the situation and made sure the media got it straight.

I would have released for public benefit all "free energy" technologies being hidden for the purpose of economic terrorism.

And I would have opened up the communication lines as wide as I could to try to find out what was really going on up there.

This would include seeing that honest persons were being trained in methods to improve their awareness so that we would have a better chance of knowing what the ET planning really consisted of.

And I would have attempted to locate and fully utilize any technology that might help protect the planet from undue interference from off planet. I would have lived to the best of my abilities with the credo that "True knowledge protects."

And if, after doing all that, I actually remained alive and in charge, I would try to determine, after receiving such an ultimatum, if it were actually serious or mere bluff. This would be a matter for public discussion.

I would invite the "enemy" to enter negotiations. And if they refused and seemed serious, then I would try to rig it so that they would think that if they acted on their threat, the consequences would not be worth it.

Then I would cross my fingers.

Thanks for the opportunity to engage in a flight of fancy!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Good scenario. But what if sometime down the track 1/3 wasn't enough, and then they wanted more. Obviously it would only stop after everyone was gone !!. So if I was in charge, it would be"bring it on" and we'll take our chances. If we put up a good fight, so be it, we're most if not all the worlds population would be dead anyway, but we went down fighting, and didn't just roll over. BRING IT ON BIGHEADS.....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
tell them to #off. if they dont say what thier going to do with them then they cant have them. if they will take a third then they will be back for more basicly enslaving us. we will not let this happen and will fight them. i would rather die trying to defeat them than from being anal probed to death as some sort of experiment.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First i would ask for volunteers and i would be the first to go.
If a world leader act that way i bet there would be other people to follow.

If the volunteer didn't give me the numbers needed,every country in the world,would have to give a number of people ,in accordance with the population of each country.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by originunknown
tell them to #off. if they dont say what thier going to do with them then they cant have them. if they will take a third then they will be back for more basicly enslaving us. we will not let this happen and will fight them. i would rather die trying to defeat them than from being anal probed to death as some sort of experiment.
Totally agree,tell them to #off,we all live together or we all die together,no selling our souls at the expense of our fellow human beings

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i see most of the posters on this thread have no use for their necks as they're not thinking about the motivations of the aliens for wanting a third of our population. what if the aliens know something we don't? like an impending encounter between our solar system and a black hole in about 15 years time. and the reason they're asking for a third of our population is so that the human race might still be able to continue and not fade from the universe's memory just like we never were around in the first place... think about it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Simple send the prisoners.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Kind of like they did on Mars? ...hypothetically of course

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
i see most of the posters on this thread have no use for their necks as they're not thinking about the motivations of the aliens for wanting a third of our population. what if the aliens know something we don't? like an impending encounter between our solar system and a black hole in about 15 years time. and the reason they're asking for a third of our population is so that the human race might still be able to continue and not fade from the universe's memory just like we never were around in the first place... think about it.
If that was the case then there wouldnt be a dilemma because people would be fighting to get chosen

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join