It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There is no room for forgiveness in this kind of system..

Just brutality..

We would all like a second chance if we messed up right?? This leaves no room for that..

An eye for an eye, a life for a life makes the world blind and dead..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I never thought I would hear myself say this, but, GOOD, the guy deserves it, he did it to her, she had to suffer because of his actions, it's only right she should do the same to him, good on her.

I am normally disgusted by the punishments in those countries, but this once I will turn a blind eye.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I actually agree with all of these comments

Originally posted by Spinster
The evil in me wishes we had this kind of justice system in the west.

Originally posted by MrB0B
This is completely horrific!

No-one is saying that this bloke is innocent, but to decide by law that he is to be blinded by the 'victim' is so far along the path of wrong I am surprised that anyone here could believe this 'sentence' to be just.

It's stories like this that make me wonder whether humanity stands any chance of making it.

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i think it is a suitable punishment for him. thats a horrible thing to do to a person, and he did it to her only cuz she didn't want him. its only fair that he gets a taste of his own medicine.

sure its crude, but you can't say he doesn't deserve it.

It's such an emotive subject...

And I can't argue that he doesn't deserve it and shouldn't get a taste of his own medicine.... but if we started killing every murderer..... or raping every rapist or beating up every assaulter... I don't think the world would be a very nice place.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Damn right. An eye for an eye is a brilliant punishment for all crime.

You take my TV, I can go to your house and take anything I want.
You kill intentionally, you get executed.
You rape someone, you lose your balls
You intentionally blind someone you lose your sight (as in this case)
Steal millions off clients, you lose everything and not get to keep your ferrari and mansion.
You break my back in an attack, your's gets broken.

Obviously it wouldn't work with everything such as accidents etc but it should work with all events I listed above which are planned and deliberated events.

I tell you, if this occurred worldwide crime won't stop but it's rates would plummet. What is happening might seem barabaric but what is really barbaric is the western legal system that allows criminals to get off so lightly.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Personally I find it equally as sad that so many are advocating revenge as justice...

I guess by default that would mean I could literally abuse those who ritually abused me as a child..

That's not justice, and I would not sacrifice my humanity in the name of revenge.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TransJenny

How pathetic. Reread what you've said. A guy blinds your sister for refusing his advances should get away scott free right? Bollocks, you'll plan to kill him if you could get away with it.

This self rightous BS has to stop. You would not accpet it if it was closer to home.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
For everyone who believes in this....

The world is messed up because there is more darkness than light.
To take this man's eyes and sight, is not a gift or done in light.
It does contribute more darkness though.

Nobody took away from you, your choice or chance to have love or compassion for someone. that is a true gift, you have the right to.

Now, if you truly believe this, and believe in it, then consider this....

You gave away your opportunity to experience goodness, through compassion. Nobody took it from you.

If you have anything else that's cherishable you want to throw out, PM me and i'll give you my paypal address, or mailing address to mail me everything you should care about, but fail to.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Finally someone who undertsands what real justice is. I applaud you.

We don't have captial punishment where we live and the only winners in the crime scene are the lawyers who are the real criminals (apologies to any of you who are in the legal system - maybe we could debate that another time but you will lose the argument).

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

Originally posted by jeanne75018
There is no link between the punishment and the criminality. In the US, you still have the death penalty, do you have a lower criminality? NO.
I am stunned by your answers, "An eye for an eye" is exactly what Jesus battled against. You say you're Christians, but you're not and you don't even realise it! There is another topic on ATS about a prison where the Bible only is allowed and many think it's a good thing. I don't think Jesus would have agreed with you. Love? Compassion? Pardon? Do you know these? Do they ring a bell?

i hope this never happens to you!!

and if it did. maybe the guy who did it should just get a slap on his hand and get on with his life!!

seriously. women especially. if acid was doused on you and you have become blind and disfigured as a result.

is this punishment to blind your assailant in return warranted?

can you try to put yourself in her shoes?
edit on 14/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

Everyone here considers this to be a horrible and gruesome act against another human being, we're not arguing about that. I'm also sure everyone sympathises with the victim and can understand her hate.The problem alot of people have with this is that we argue against retributional justice, no one has said he should be let go with a "slap on his hand". He deserves a harsh punishment and everything that comes with it, but not in the way it's being done.

If I were in the victims position, I would probably want the same thing. But that's why it's up to the court to decide the punishment. The supreme court in Iran sadly finds this to be a fitting punishment. Michele Foucault once said that punishment in the 1700's changed from disciplining the body, to disciplining the soul in the 1800's. This applies mostly to the west, and I wouldn't say that this has dawned on the iranians, or the mideast altogether. Their way of justice is archaic, and I can't believe so many people on this board would want this in our society.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Ah but it's not yu dishing it out, it's the law, the state, not you..... see the difference?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I was abused by my uncle from the age of 4 to 10, I was raped when I was 17 and have had the crap beaten out of me on quite a few occasions for being transgender, but I would rather forgive than carry those things around with me, not for their sake but for mine, they and their acts against me have no more power to affect my life..

I took away their power

That is what forgiveness does

You cannot defeat evil with evil..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by realitycheckmate

You miss the point too. Compassion form an individual is a God given right and I've seen some forgive people that I might not have been so keen to and the ones forgiving where doing the right thing.

I say the lawand the state should make the penalty and adminster it to make our children safer and to make those who create misery pay.

If this was not true the Nuremburg trials should have been acts of forgiveness and all Nazi and Gestapo officers should have been allowed to live.

Take one or the other, you can't have both.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

How pathetic. Reread what you've said. A guy blinds your sister for refusing his advances should get away scott free right? Bollocks, you'll plan to kill him if you could get away with it.

This self rightous BS has to stop. You would not accpet it if it was closer to home.

Just because something is personal, does not mean it's justified.
Emotions are not always the best way to weigh justice.
It's a tough one, but in the end, I would not want to be responsible for injuring someone else.
In the end, i'll always have those memories of the violence and know a part of me is more animal now than ever before. I would have to wonder what direction my soul was growing in.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Iran is a beautiful country, in many respects they are more advanced then some so called Western nations but they have a history of cultural baggage.

This has more to do with cultural ignorance than it does with religion but it's an example were something legal and/or religious has been corrupted by peoples whims and their desires.

But you have to look at the overall crime rate in these places....that does say something. Even if I can't condone what is being done here I compare and contrast and ask the question "why the hell do we have hundreds of thousands of people locked up in cages?".

Human rights? BS

The western legal system is designed to do one thing only, serve those within the legal profession and those in power. The system is designed to protect them so when some supreme court judge gets caught with his hand down some kids pants he will have an easy escape thanks to inside knowledge that the legal system is simply worthless.

This softly softly approach has seriously twisted things up in the west. When we should be hardlined we are way too soft, and when we should be showing compassion we simply toss people to the side.

But this is a debate for another topic.

To close, I feel it's barbaric, the guy should have been made to pay for the woman’s living to ensure she had a reasonable life.

edit on 14-5-2011 by old_god because: 1

edit on 14-5-2011 by old_god because: 2

edit on 14-5-2011 by old_god because: 5.61

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

wow, cool, then both of them are blind. sounds fair to me.

it really won't make me or even you blind, right?

don't be such a wuss, let her do it!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Ah but it's not yu dishing it out, it's the law, the state, not you..... see the difference?

And someone has to commit those acts! someone has to sacrifice their humanity to harm another human being, and that is wrong, no matter how it is spun I can not see that as right as it makes us no better than those who harm us..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Terrible event. It's good you forgive but you let the Law adminster the justice properly. real law, real justice real punishment.

That also means revenge killings are treated by the same law. You kill my wife, I kill the murderer before the law gets him and the law kills me.

You don't do it - the law and government do.

Those that talk about Jesus compassion are right, but the state delivers the punishment not you. It's the state law that is weak and allows a slap on the wrist for those that main and kill our children. Do you wnat them to get away with it?

I can forgive a ma and let him die by the hands of the state. Forgiveness allows me not to carry the burden thats why Jesus said we should forgive. It's for our sake and not just the offender. This is where religion has taught us wrong and real Christianity has been lost.

Forgiveness is for our benefit as revenge screws us up ans we get punished by the rapist and then the anger. Let anger go but for heavens sake lwets not allows these criminals to get off lightly, get out early and go out and do it again to your children this time.

Remember that for someone on this forum will suffer loss at the hands of someone else today. Come back and tell us how you feel now?
edit on 14-5-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Are you kidding. What about those prison guards who have to go home to their families each night while they know the ones inside don't!

Get a life. Crime is a dirty business, one should suffer and the ones who do a job and are happy to do a job do that job.

Being a Policeman r a Paramedic is not nice either. I couldn't do it even though I've confronted death heaps myself, I couldn't have a job mending mashed up people, though I feel compassionate to them, - it would screw my head up. I've seen what it does to some. Should they not do that job then and just let them die on the street?

No different to those who administer justie even if it's death/

Your argument is too weak here.
edit on 14-5-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by daggyz because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
eye for an eye....

I honestly see no problem with this if this man indeed blinded a woman in 2004.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i have a 2" lead pipe 3' long.

i will beat this guy if she wants me to.

no acid, just ultra violence,

really.

time to take back the lives people take and get away with.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join