It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It seems she has reconsidered the "blood money" option. Good for her.

She has now said a $2.6million payment would guarantee her life and future, and mean Movahedi could avoid the blinding.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by Dhimmie
This is one the rare occasions when Sharia style punishment works. Before we get all liberal here, please remember the guy blinded her because she didn't want to marry a psycho. He responded by proving her right. I hope they let a few drops go down his main vein and sorts that out too. Absolution of its greatest.

Works? It wasn't very effective at stopping him from doing it in the first place now was it?

no, because these perps pay blood money or just get away with it.

she refused payment and had a fair judge uphold her request to do this.

as too people wondering how she will do it, he will be knocked out and most likely there will be a set up where she just pushes a button.

i say fill a bucket with acid and do like "carrie" or "flash dance", tied to a chair fully awake!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

she should get that too, the link did not go to the story.

so does he get jail time at all?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Not sure what happened there. Here is the proper link. It does not say whether he would serve jail time.
news.msn.co.nz...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

ok, better, thanks!

ya it doesn't say, that was my beef.

they pay and get off scott free.

where the heck this loser can get 2.6 mil? is that US$? or the local equivalent of US$12.36?

if this was in the US, she would get a civil suit AND he would get punishment.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I couldn't agree more. The recidivism rate would also be instantly lowered to 0%. Our streets would be safer, but would it be worth the cost?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ronpip

compare a welfare/disabilty check to a high security prison.

or even a medium security one.

much cheaper!

death is even more cheap.
edit on 18-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90

Originally posted by MrB0B

I completely agree.

Humanity needs to reassert its empathy and focus on patience, love and forgiveness rather than retribution, revenge and retaliation.

If you look at the countries who practice revenge and retribution as punishment, and compare them to the ones who have abandoned such practices, the ones that still do eye for an eye have way more human rights abuses in general than the ones wise enough to see the futility in such practices.

are you talking about government HR abuses or just human to human HR abuses?

if you were murdered horrifically, would you want us to ask for forgiveness for your murderer? or a family member who was murdered?

if we don't even talk about murder, ala this case, you can forgive them if you want but i don't want this dirtbag walking around.

hell, why lock this guy up for 5yrs, that's what he would get, i bet, if that.

he pays and walks? to do it again? lol, you want to take that chance? fine, next blood is on your hands.

these acid attacks are meant to cause maximum terror, pain and destroy life liberty and happiness.

he could have easily killed her but that's not the idea with these attacks.

it's to destroy any chance of life and happiness she can possibly find.

kinda worse than murder, take his money and still blind the chump.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

so, why do we have laws in the first place? if blinding the man back is the appropriate response, then why not just let everyone exact their own revenge in their own way? if street justice is really the answer, then what are the cops and the judges for? it seems like they just get in the way of sweet, sweet revenge. the only laws should be "do unto others as they have done unto you" and "an eye for an eye" that should fix everything...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

I presume he must have been arrested by the 'law ' because he was sentenced by a

'judge' in a 'courtroom'. That is 'their law'

So 'street law' dosen't really come into it. Maybe it's more a case of make the

punishment fit the crime rather than an eye for an eye

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

"street justice" is revenge. if someone shoots your friend, you kill them and their friends. my point was that people are prone to that kind of behavior anyway, so what are the laws for? I am actually an anarchist, and the question was more serious than I think it came off sounding. I really don't see how the state carrying out this kind of punishment would be any different from the vic's dad and brothers and husband dragging the guy out into the street and gouging his eyes out. i want to believe that we as a species can use government and law to better ourselves, but if the laws simply reinforce or aid our violent tendencies, they serve no purpose.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

In your post you said "why do we have laws in the first place? Just let everyone exact

their own revenge in their own way."

I think you missed the point !! It WAS the JUSTICE system in Iran which exacted the

punishment - in line with their OWN LAWS.

I dont know your sex or age but i am assuming you are male so can i ask you :-

a) If you had a dispute with a neighbour over something fairly trivial and a couple of days

later he threw acid in your face blinding, disfiguring and causing you intense burning pain

>>>>>>>>>>>>OR

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Of course capital punishment is not a deterrence, just like prison is not for someone who is intent on committing other crimes. Take note of the word punishment, for that is what this conversation should focus on. Some are calling executions barbaric, but isn't the crimes that are committed to bear this outcome also barbarism. An execution for the highest crime (murder) will assure the person never has the opportunity to take INNOCENT lives again. Once more we are talking about justice here not deterrence, because like I said if one really wants to commit the highest crime nothing except force will stop them.

Time and time again I see the same "poor criminal, he must have had a hard life" argument which attempts to make a person have an emotional response instead of a practical one. However,no matter what excuses are given for these crimes, the fact remains; if given a chance the criminal will kill, rape, or rob again. when speaking of rehabilitation, it is often overlooked fact that it doesn't work the majority of the time. Prisons are nothing more than training academies, where inmates become better criminals.

The only suggestion I have for the current system is to get rid of death row. As soon as the sentence is handed down the execution should be immediate.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This reminds me of a case in the Kansas City area a few years back where a stranger threw acid into a woman's face leaving her serverly disfigured.

blogs.kansascity.com...

Another case from Goldens Green, UK
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The UK case both perps got life in jail so this dude getting his eyed burned up is quite humane by comparo.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The reason why it's being conducted in a hospital is because since the victim was not killed they are making sure the perp isn't to be killed. He will be released when it is complete to live out his days sightless.

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join