It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
If she commits suicide because she can't get over what she herself did or allowed (which is exactly the hypothetical I offered) then within the context of that hypothetical she cannot possibly feel good about it at the same time. If what you are retorting is outside of the context of the hypothetical I created then your argument is invalid.

get it? probably not.

-B.M
edit on 14/5/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

If what you are retorting is outside of the context of the hypothetical I created then your argument is invalid.

sux to argue/debate with you...

it must be nice to be able to control what individuals feel / think or not...

fine...im done trying to argue with you...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by Droogie

What did they do to get this punishment?

I can't quite figure it out.

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

He blinded a woman!
So now he is to be blinded, by the woman he blinded!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It sounds fair to me. Especially in a country not known for preserving the rights of women I think it will make a lot of men there think twice about their abuses.

Now if they would start punishing the rapists over there with a broom stick then they would be on to something (rather than punishing the raped woman).
edit on 14-5-2011 by angelas210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

I find nothing offensive with the sentence in this case.

It is truely a classic case of justice within the context of the crime comitted.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,"

It seems wrong for us in the western world because we coddle the criminal.

By this coddling the criminal we encourage more crime.

edit on 14-5-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelas210
It sounds fair to me. Especially in a country not known for preserving the rights of women I think it will make a lot of men there think twice about their abuses.

Now if they would start punishing the rapists over there with a broom stick then they would be on to something (rather than punishing the raped woman).
edit on 14-5-2011 by angelas210 because: (no reason given)

make them do a bit of housework, sweeping up that sort of thing- don't think that will be a great deterrent to be fair

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i think it is a suitable punishment for him. thats a horrible thing to do to a person, and he did it to her only cuz she didn't want him. its only fair that he gets a taste of his own medicine.

sure its crude, but you can't say he doesn't deserve it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

I can't believe the number of stars.

Its evil and only in hell would one think like this.

We're individually creating our next world, or step here. Mine isn't yours. I see euptopia. THe only use of any kind of corporal action is in direct self defense of yourself or another.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I think t this man is an animal and what he did was Horrible!
He needs to be punished but having that woman drop acid in his eyes is just as bad and makes her as guilty as him and I think it will be something she will never forget and not in a good way no matter how she feels atm - this is not justice -

Plus the biblical eye for an eye thing is taken out of context - God teaches love not retaliation
(Matthew 5:38–39, NRSV)
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".
But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by FuGGer

It is a truely a classic case of justice within the context of the crime comitted.

I wonder what the respective crime stats are for Tehran and Detroit?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well in Saudi Arabia, they crucify pedophiles.

When it's your child that has been raped and killed by a pedophile, I bet you want to see the SOB with a pike up his butt.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by FuGGer

It is a truely a classic case of justice within the context of the crime comitted.

I wonder what the respective crime stats are for Tehran and Detroit?

Good question.

For the thief, the first offense is having the left hand chopped off and for a second offense they take off the remaining hand.

I suspect there is little stealing in the Tehran area.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

i think a more suitable punishment would be to use his eyes as transplants and try to restore the victims sight

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
The man himself is the one that requested this particular punishment. The woman is blinded in both eyes, not just one. This will be done in a hospital and he will be asleep when it happens.

I would have preferred that he be made to support her for the rest of her life, but with no contact.

i'd prefer if he was awake.

dam! he wakes up blind, what the heck is the point of that!

suffer you whackjob! scream and try to get help! run scared for your life!

feel the friggin pain, the burning, the terror while your sight disappears!
edit on 14-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Here is what he did to her

www.clarin.com...

besides i think the TALION LAW is accurate

eye by eye, teeth by teeth

You won`t do other`s what you don`t want to be done to yourself or the ones you love
Simple

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Droogie

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...
...and soon the whole world will be blind and toothless.

Retarded statement (by the wife beater named Gandhi). It would not work like that because you are not factoring in that once criminals see the harsher punishment then there would be less crime. Of course, not all criminals would stop their doings but a fair number would be thinking twice and not going through with it. There would be a lot less crime in the world if the punishment was harsher. A lot of criminals know the laws and know the reward out weighs the punishment (in most cases/in their own mind).

So "an eye for an eye and the whole world would soon be blind" is just a smart-arse statement that is not true at all

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Droogie

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...
...and soon the whole world will be blind and toothless.

Retarded statement (by the wife beater named Gandhi). It would not work like that because you are not factoring in that once criminals see the harsher punishment then there would be less crime. Of course, not all criminals would stop their doings but a fair number would be thinking twice and not going through with it. There would be a lot less crime in the world if the punishment was harsher. A lot of criminals know the laws and know the reward out weighs the punishment (in most cases/in their own mind).

So "an eye for an eye and the whole world would soon be blind" is just a smart-arse statement that is not true at all

They don't actually. And anyone who would ever retaliate or harm anyone is not going to a better place. They havn't learnt the lessons of barbarism in this one, and this is akin to a hellzone.

There are far worse places. You are a seed growing into the tree, and we're here to not only go home ourselves, but to bring our planet to the level that it transforms to reach home. The Family are only pure and gentle Love, they harm no one. They don't put on different hats. Live in your heart and pray to the Highest Love and Goodness in existence to have your sight healed and all negativity tranformsed to positive all the time. Pray for the Spirit of Peace and Love to be with you. Because there is the gravity side, heavy with guilt, akin to a black hole, or dwarf star, or working through all lacks of love and becoming Light as a Feather, homeward bound. We don't go home until we're like Them, and Yeshua is the example of what They're like.

People who harm others need healing and if dangerous house arrest, or some kind of separation for a time.

But the most dangerous psychos on this planet, the ones whose behaviors are like a virus on the face o the universe, are the Bildenbergs, the Bloodlines, the Nazis, who are still running things, and many Black ops.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrB0B
This is completely horrific!

No-one is saying that this bloke is innocent, but to decide by law that he is to be blinded by the 'victim' is so far along the path of wrong I am surprised that anyone here could believe this 'sentence' to be just.

It's stories like this that make me wonder whether humanity stands any chance of making it.

i agree with what you are saying , here here.
sadly most people do think this is ok and that speaks volumes of where this world is right now , a very dark place indeed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great subject for a debate! Just read on Al Jazeera that they've postponed the punishment to an unknown date because of her giving out interviews.

Al Jazeera

"The victim showed up at the hospital this morning where she was told that because of various interviews she had granted western media, the judiciary officials had decided to postpone carrying out the punishment, which is five drops of sulfuric acid in each eye."

I don't usually agree with these barbaric punishments but this is a barbaric crime and needs to be punished in a way that will make men think twice before they ruin a young girl's life. I think it's great that in Iran this woman's rights are being respected. She says in the Al Jazeera article that she will be more serene once the punishment is carried out but not because of the suffering of her attacker but because it will help to deter others from doing the same.

What's up with going around throwing acid in women's faces anyways?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Definitely sounds fair imo.

There should be similar punishments here too, would seriously straighten people out.
edit on 14/5/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Anyone who condones ' Suffering' whatever the reason , needs a headcheck! seriously you almost seem like it would make you happy for him to suffer.

2 wrongs dont make a right people.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You know. If it wasn't for the internet, no one would know about sadistic cold blooded things like this. Nothing justifies a punishment like this.

-B

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join