It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"How dare you say we are a backwards culture. It is the west who are backwards. Here we are free and enlightened. We treat our citizens with respect, and we treat our criminals -no matter their crime- like the rest of us aren't complete savages. You in the west have been lured backwards in time by the devil, not forward, since the middle ages. Here in Iran, we still display the spiritual wisdom and clarity of thought you have abandoned 500 years ago."

The above sounds like the drivel Ahmedinejad spouts every chance he gets. When news stories like these make it out of his country I would just want to walk up to him and laugh in his face.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Can't say I'm feeling sorry for him. It's a barbaric society and I wouldn't expect the punishment to be any different.
How often do you hear about strangers tossing acid at women's faces around here?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I love it when people preach about patience love and forgiveness from the safety and

comfort of having their sight and unblemished features still intact.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
HOORAY for this sentence!!! JUSTICE SERVED!!!!

Brings a great feeling of satisfaction to me to hear of MONSTERS like this getting punished in return for what THEY DID to their victims. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the next MONSTER out there who contemplates blinding a young women will think about it a little more before going forward with their twisted and sick actions, EH??

JUSTICE SERVED to this MONSTER!!!!!

And people who have a problem with such a punishment for MONSTERS like this who blind young women sicken me. Pathetic and disgraceful!!
edit on 14-5-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Less barbaric and killing 2 birds with one stone : since he has taken the womans sight and she can no longer care for herself... everything he has should be turned over to her AND he should be made to live in a box with no rights to own property of his own and work constantly to give her every penny for her upkeep and living needs until she either regains her sight by a miracle from Allah or gets married. Take his sight and then you have 2 blind people to take care of.

What a silly country that is to make 2 disabled people reliant on the govt for care.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by descartes90

i think it is a suitable punishment for him. thats a horrible thing to do to a person, and he did it to her only cuz she didn't want him. its only fair that he gets a taste of his own medicine.

sure its crude, but you can't say he doesn't deserve it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Yeah if you believe in revenge as the ideal of justice, it's totally understandable.

he was tried and found guilty. HE did this horrible thing to her, and now she will never see again. not to mention it being a horrible and traumatic experience. all she did was refuse him.

most people support castration for sexual offenders, especially child molesters. how is this so different? its a well deserved specific punishment for the wrong he did. is there an element of revenge? yes. but revenge doesn't have to be bad. if someone murdered my family, is it so wrong for me to want revenge? revenge is a combination of justice and anger, and as the justice side was taken care of in the courts, the anger side will be taken care of when he gets what he deserves.

Are you serious? I hope I'm wrong in interpreting your post here. But in the context of retributional justice, you would actually want to kill a whole innocent family because one of them killed your family? Is this justice?

Man o man, what a bleak and empty existence such a "justice" system would cause.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
And let me guess, he never saw it coming?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

i think it is a suitable punishment for him. thats a horrible thing to do to a person, and he did it to her only cuz she didn't want him. its only fair that he gets a taste of his own medicine.

sure its crude, but you can't say he doesn't deserve it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

thats like saying a life for a life...that all murderers should be killed....but then if we do that...what makes us any better than them?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by realitycheckmate
Who was it who said, "an eye for an eye and the whole world is blind"?

Oh Yeah, Ghandi said that.

What a moron, huh?

Uh it's Gandhi, and despite being a 'pacifist' he was quite abusive, both mentally and physically to his wife, some role model.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What will dripping acid into the man's eyes do? Will it give the woman her eye back? I just do not SEE the point here.

hahahahaha i SEE what you did there hahaha i dont think he'll SEE the point either hahaha

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
no one should punish a man except GOD @.@ LOL hehehe

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What will dripping acid into the man's eyes do? Will it give the woman her eye back? I just do not see the point here.

It shows others that if you commit a crime, expect it to come back on you!!

I have always said that this is how all crimes should be treated.

To be fair though, I prefer the Bas Rutten school of thought "I don't believe in an eye for an eye... I believe in 2 eyes for an eye!"

We are FAR too soft and give criminals FAR too many human rights. Once you violate another persons human rights - you give up all of your own!! You can't abuse someones rights and then claim to have your own human rights!! Yet that is what we do!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Even though I don't hold for the bibles "an eye for an eye" for punishment, it sure would get America straitened out really quick....The jails and prisons would be quickly emptied....save us a lot of money also....

There is no link between the punishment and the criminality. In the US, you still have the death penalty, do you have a lower criminality? NO.
I am stunned by your answers, "An eye for an eye" is exactly what Jesus battled against. You say you're Christians, but you're not and you don't even realise it! There is another topic on ATS about a prison where the Bible only is allowed and many think it's a good thing. I don't think Jesus would have agreed with you. Love? Compassion? Pardon? Do you know these? Do they ring a bell?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ok, for those who believe in this.

Recently, a man raped and killed a nine year old girl.
Should that nine year old girl now be able to rape and kill that man?

If I sold crack to your children, does that mean you can now sell crack to my kids?

Even more important, say a man was blinded in one city, and that same city had it out for someone they could not get framed well. They could then frame the man by saying that the blind person fingered him in a brail lineup.

That would truly suck.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanne75018
There is no link between the punishment and the criminality. In the US, you still have the death penalty, do you have a lower criminality? NO.
I am stunned by your answers, "An eye for an eye" is exactly what Jesus battled against. You say you're Christians, but you're not and you don't even realise it! There is another topic on ATS about a prison where the Bible only is allowed and many think it's a good thing. I don't think Jesus would have agreed with you. Love? Compassion? Pardon? Do you know these? Do they ring a bell?

i hope this never happens to you!!

and if it did. maybe the guy who did it should just get a slap on his hand and get on with his life!!

seriously. women especially. if acid was doused on you and you have become blind and disfigured as a result.

is this punishment to blind your assailant in return warranted?

can you try to put yourself in her shoes?
edit on 14/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If you don't love the enemies too, then whats the reward?
- Jesus Christ

But there is nothing wrong in punishing monsters though

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

hmm..that guy deserved death penalty..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

It's hard to be a Christian.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...
...and soon the whole world will be blind and toothless.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join