It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If this had popped up ten years ago, I would have clapped and said he deserved it. Now, I am not so sure about these kinds of things....

Maybe I am just getting softer in my old age, I don't know.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Thats not necessarily true. Singapore has excessive laws and punishments, but still has an extremely high incarceration rate. Shoot. You can't even chew gum without a script for it.

-B

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some people have spoken about "love, and forgiveness". I can't help but think that those people don't know what it's like to be victimized by some of the scum that resides in and out of American prisons. I think there should be zero tolerance for some crimes, like rape, murder and especially child molestation. Those people do not deserve love and forgiveness, only death.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

Originally posted by B.Morrison
If she commits suicide because she can't get over what she herself did or allowed (which is exactly the hypothetical I offered) then within the context of that hypothetical she cannot possibly feel good about it at the same time. If what you are retorting is outside of the context of the hypothetical I created then your argument is invalid.

get it? probably not.

-B.M
edit on 14/5/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

If what you are retorting is outside of the context of the hypothetical I created then your argument is invalid.

sux to argue/debate with you...

only if you don't know how.

it must be nice to be able to control what individuals feel / think or not...

when you meet someone who can do this let me know because I don't know any.

fine...im done trying to argue with you...

try making sense next time and maybe you'll get somewhere.

Peace,
-B.M

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

It is not inhumane and it is not against medical ethics, it is a just punishment, if someone punches me in the face, I want to have the right to punch him back, if I don't have the power to punch him back, I expect the law to give me the power to take justice, equal justice. I don't want the man who assaulted me, or the man who blinded me to live a comfortable life in prison, where he gets free food, free shelter and entertainment (using my tax money), while I still have to work my ass off every day for a living.

Don't forget, in the end, this is up to the victim, the victim can stop it anytime in the name of mercy (correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not quiet sure).

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

They should pour a 2 liter bottle of the other kind of acid in his eyes pure madness would be far worse.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I don't care. In this case, I think the punishment is completely appropriate.

He BLINDED the woman by throwing acid into her face. This is not a case of mere revenge; he has been through their legal system, been found guilty, and will be punished in a degree equal to that of his crime. I think it is extremely fair.

Now on to rapists and child molesters...

*Too bad that in Islam it is nearly impossible to prove rape without 4 witnesses, without whom the victimized woman will be stoned to death for adultery.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

right, it worked so well back then. remember the good old days when there was no crime and no violence and everybody was happy because we slaughtered all of the violent criminals?

no on ever watched their father hang for a crime he didn't commit and use that as an excuse to pursue a life of crime himself.

no public official ever abused the system to punish a personal adversary.

no child was ever desensitized to violent death to the point that it became acceptable for his fellow citizens to act just like the governments and kill their perceived enemies.

violent punishment for violent crimes eliminates violence! it all makes perfect sense now! that's why there was never any crime or violence before those silly civil rights we all demanded so fervently!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I don't care. In this case, I think the punishment is completely appropriate.

He BLINDED the woman by throwing acid into her face. This is not a case of mere revenge; he has been through their legal system, been found guilty, and will be punished in a degree equal to that of his crime. I think it is extremely fair.

Now on to rapists and child molesters...

*Too bad that in Islam it is nearly impossible to prove rape without 4 witnesses, without whom the victimized woman will be stoned to death for adultery.

Does he deserve it? Is it a fair punishment? Yes, probably.

Is it responsible, righteous and ethically justifiable? In my opinion, not by a long shot.

Instead of horrific punishments like this, which is the easy way out of dealing with it. I would rather have a thorough look at society and see what causes people to do things like this and take it from there. Iran has probably got alot of work to do in the view of western civilization.

In the future we'll probably get into alot of ethical grey areas as technology and science develops, also when it comes to crime. But at least we're moving forward and not clinging to archaic punishments as in this particular case.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Natasliah
Some people have spoken about "love, and forgiveness". I can't help but think that those people don't know what it's like to be victimized by some of the scum that resides in and out of American prisons. I think there should be zero tolerance for some crimes, like rape, murder and especially child molestation. Those people do not deserve love and forgiveness, only death.

good. that will go a long way towards eliminating crime and violence. if you catch a criminal, and if they are truly guilty of the crime and you kill them, that eliminates that ONE criminal. the very fact that you have state-sanctioned revenge-based punishment encourages more violence and murder. I know it's a hard concept to understand, so I'll put it bluntly;

ANY violence + ANY violence = MORE violence than we started with.

no matter what. you cannot argue that by punishing the violent violently, net violence has decreased. at the very best, you've added just as much violence to the world as the criminal did to begin with. at the very worst, you've inspired even more violence in the future. even criminals have friends and family, and just telling them that they're loved one deserved to die or be blinded with acid usually isn't enough to assuage the anger and resentment felt by those close to the "criminal."

but it's all good. in the name of justice. crime and punishment and all that. just keep going to work and paying your taxes and never mind the fact that the violence still exists, with or without your violent response to it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good. An eye for an eye. Unfortunately we have nothing like this in the good 'ol US of A. We have no deterrents, the death penalty, where one exists, is a joke. Criminals here can do whatever they want, the only punishment they know they will get will be a place to sleep and three meals a day, all funded by taxpayers, while some law abiding citizens are homeless with nothing to eat. While I abhor most Middle East draconian laws, I applaud this sentence.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's such a crazy punishment
I wonder if they have a group that sits around a table and comes up with all these legal punishments? It wouldn't be so far fetch to think about, after all America pretty much does the same thing only with war and civilians..
edit on 14-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh the things I have done in my existence,

However, sure humans have free will and some will use this to commit evil actions,
That should not mean that any human has the RIGHT to commit evil, even as retribution for evil commited to them.
These 'courts' deem that every wronged human has the RIGHT to commit heinous evil acts and this will not stand any longer!

I urge you all to rise up and cry out for true justice,
One of the few benefits your society has is that governments HAVE to listen to the will of the people,
Show them your will & end this outrage!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
With stories like these I dont know why people continually maintain that America is the evil of the world.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh and food for thought;

Imagine the wrongly convicted, the unspeakable evils they would have to suffer because of these 'courts'

If a 'court' can rule a 'punishment' like this, then who's to say how fair their conviction process is?
Countless humans are being evily tortured and maimed!

This is not acceptable regardless of what crime the person may have commited!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I say he deserves it, not saying is good, but he won that punishment.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can go along with this. I don't have a problem with an eye for an eye. This wasn't an accedent this man blinded the woman. I think it's good he doesn't get to live out his life whole after taking someone's sight.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

so, in a perfect world, you would have every bad or unwise thing that you've done done back to you? isn't it nice when somebody forgives you for something? don't you ever let things slide? or forgive people yourself? if you can justify taking a man's sight in retaliation for his taking of another person's sight, then why don't all shop owners get to go into a thief's house and steal something? if you get into a car accident and kill someone's child, should they be able to murder yours? where does it end?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by MrB0B
This is completely horrific!

No-one is saying that this bloke is innocent, but to decide by law that he is to be blinded by the 'victim' is so far along the path of wrong I am surprised that anyone here could believe this 'sentence' to be just.

It's stories like this that make me wonder whether humanity stands any chance of making it.

Same type of "justice" is used in Haiti...may not be officially sanctioned, but it very much exists there to this day in some parts of the country. Steal an item from someone's house, you lose a hand; steal someone's wife, and you lose....well you can figure that one out...

For a country such as Iran which is trying to show the world that they are supposedly such a shining example of that part of the world for all to emulate, or envy, they are still a thousand years behind the times.

I think Iran is bad and all, but don't ever compare a semi decent country like Iran to a piece of crap like Haiti[ which is full of std's and voodoo idiots]

I hate Islam as much as anybody, but these guys [Iran] actually have potential to become civilized.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

This is a great piece of news.
Imagine taking away your sight because you were not interested in him her. Imagine going through life never being able to see the faces of your loved ones again....
How else would you want to get revenge?

Beautiful news. Just made my day.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join