It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
An eye for an eye, right? Karma's a B.
If the Iranian law says this is the correct punishment, well then so be it. We must respect the laws of their land. That doesn't mean we should start doing this here, quite the opposite. But if another country has different laws, we must respect their right to have different laws. I'm sure there's plenty of laws other countries disapprove of right here in America. But while the laws are how they are, you should respect them, and discuss why they should be changed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
The evil in me wishes we had this kind of justice system in the west.

What's so 'evil' about this type justice? I'm not a fan of Iran but this is the first thing I find that I can support.

Well....they are destroying perfectly good corneas...they should be surgically removed if anything and then acid administered....for the pain of course.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
While I myself if blinded by someone would not push for this punishment, I can understand why she is. There is nothing wrong with the eye for an eye system. If this were used in more cases criminals might think twice.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
While I myself if blinded by someone would not push for this punishment, I can understand why she is. There is nothing wrong with the eye for an eye system. If this were used in more cases criminals might think twice.

have to agree with you on this one,i also believe that anyone convicted of murder with 100% air tight proof should have the death sentence! im from the uk and the system here is an absolute joke! somebody murders someone and gets kept in a cushy prison with near enough all the luxurys that i have at mine and all other tax payers expence and then usually gets let out within a few years to do it again! where is the detterent? oh and i for one hope that asshole suffers un-imaginable pain

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Reading this topic, I am reminded of courtroom footage of the trial of Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer). When the families of his victims were given the opportunity to address him, nearly all of them said how much they hated him and hoped he would suffer a slow death and go to hell. But then one man, Robert Rule, got up to address Ridgway. Rule's 16 year old daughter, Linda, was murdered by Ridgway. Here is what Robert Rule said:

Mr. Ridgway, there are people here who hate you. I'm not one of them. I forgive you for what you've done. You've made it difficult to live up to what I believe, and that is what God says to do, and that is forgive, and he doesn't say to forgive just certain people, he says forgive all. So you are forgiven.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Skip to 2:15 to see Rule address Ridgway.

I cannot even imagine the pain Rule feels at losing his daughter. I cannot imagine the struggles he must have gone through to follow what God told him to do. But I am quite sure he feels more at peace after he gave forgiveness to a man who surely did not deserve it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There are always exceptions to the rule.
Sometimes (although rare) two Wrongs do make a Right. The object of punishment is insure that the perp does not do the crime again.
Another thought - if TSHTF in any grand style, all of those child molester/rapists/unjustified murderers might just be able to break free of thier bondage to wreak havoc..then I wonder how many of you would be so willing to turn the other cheek after they have set upon you and yours.
As for the poster that made the unfortunate reference to the Haitians (who are hamstrung not only by poverty but piss-poor goverment), it will be interesting to hear the crowd noise from folks like that if TS totally, absolutely and completely HTF. Folks like this will find that they will act no different than anyone else in the same or similar circumstances, and I may be in desperate straits myself, but will be laughing my a&& off at them....
edit on 14-5-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

God, this planet and it's inhabitants just are not growing up..................and some of us are truly hopeless.

I agree. When will we ever learn how natural selection works and start euthanizing animals like him instead of just blinding them.

Im sorry. I want my body to pick out and eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells. I do not deplore and decry it when it does because of some childish understanding of "good and evil." Its the way life on Earth works and God or Nature, who might even by synonymous, made it that way.

And just like I want my body to eliminate harmful cells, I want my society to eliminate harmful members. I think its unfortunate we do not start at the top and work down, but the only sadness I feel over this is that this guy might live to have children. Who might grow up to be just like him.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

There is a difference in carrying out a barbaric sentence during a time of alledged normal civil operations in Iranian society (is anything ever normal in Iran?) and retribution for crimes committed in a time of a total breakdown of society such as in a SHTF situation. If you can't see the difference, it is you who is being ignorant of these two very different scenarios.

edit on 5/14/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
After seeing pictures of what happened to this poor woman after this scum did this to her I have no issues.....as long as she does it and not doctors.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i think it is a suitable punishment for him. thats a horrible thing to do to a person, and he did it to her only cuz she didn't want him. its only fair that he gets a taste of his own medicine.

sure its crude, but you can't say he doesn't deserve it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

I can't believe the number of stars.

Its evil and only in hell would one think like this.

We're individually creating our next world, or step here. Mine isn't yours. I see euptopia. THe only use of any kind of corporal action is in direct self defense of yourself or another.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

hell doesn't exist
second line

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by WeRpeons

I think t this man is an animal and what he did was Horrible!
He needs to be punished but having that woman drop acid in his eyes is just as bad and makes her as guilty as him and I think it will be something she will never forget and not in a good way no matter how she feels atm - this is not justice -

Plus the biblical eye for an eye thing is taken out of context - God teaches love not retaliation
(Matthew 5:38–39, NRSV)
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".
But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

The bible is a book made up of rubbish.
They should drop acid on the bible as well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ultimately there is no difference - the object is to keep the perp from doing the same crime again, and continuing to wreak havoc, whether it be in the normal course of Iranian justice or a TSHTF situation.
I'm all for it.
There are those who do crimes so egregious that there is no way that rehabilitation is possible.
Better to be rid of them. .

edit on 14-5-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
Sure this is an awful way to work any legal system..but maybe just maybe somewhere in the world a person will remember that there are still courts out there that are willing to serve "just punishment" An eye for an eye. I really dont see a problem with a punishment of this sort.

The problem is that it demeans the society, government and the justice system that carries it out. The justice system becomes just as bad as the criminals. How can a government condemn a cruel and horrible act and then carry out the same act again themselves?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

He needs to be punished but having that woman drop acid in his eyes is just as bad and makes her as guilty as him and I think it will be something she will never forget and not in a good way no matter how she feels atm - this is not justice -

Plus the biblical eye for an eye thing is taken out of context - God teaches love not retaliation
But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

If one were to turn the other cheek, they would get slapped (or worse).
Thankfully my belief system does not make allowances for my being a doormat.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by Droogie

What did they do to get this punishment?

I can't quite figure it out.

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)
He threw acid in her face after she turned down his advances (he wanted to marry her). She's lucky that she wasn't stoned to death.
I'm surprised at the ATS members who are "shocked" at the supreme courts ruling on this issue. This is a country that allows honor killings. A country where women are expected to remain out of sight and can have no responsibility. I'll remind all the ATS members that are "shocked" about the the 16-year old niece that was raped by her uncle in this country and the court system found the girl guilty of promiscuity and hung her publicly (there is a youtube video out there). Considering the Iranian system, this make perfect sense.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Sure this is an awful way to work any legal system..but maybe just maybe somewhere in the world a person will remember that there are still courts out there that are willing to serve "just punishment" An eye for an eye. I really dont see a problem with a punishment of this sort.

The problem is that it demeans the society, government and the justice system that carries it out. The justice system becomes just as bad as the criminals. How can a government condemn a cruel and horrible act and then carry out the same act again themselves?

Sorry, I have to disagree.
If you don't do anything, these people WILL commit the crime AGAIN.
I'd rather not live in a World where these types are running about willi-nilly doing all sorts of awful things to people (or temporarily jailed so that they will eventually get out and do it again). Sometimes you MUST judge people, and I would much rather elimnate the Few to save the Many.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Originally posted by andrewh7

Sorry, I have to disagree.
If you don't do anything, these people WILL commit the crime AGAIN.
I'd rather not live in a World where these types are running about willi-nilly doing all sorts of awful things to people (or temporarily jailed so that they will eventually get out and do it again). Sometimes you MUST judge people, and I would much rather elimnate the Few to save the Many.

So you're saying it's their society and culture that is behind the veil, causing them to act this way? In that case, I agree and I believe that's true. So why would we ever want this kind of punishment in our "world"? We should strive to better our culture so that crimes like this never happens, and the answer is absolutely not crazy retributional justice such as this. The other way is alot harder, but in the long run it would be worth it, and it should be the way humanity evolves.

edit on 14/5/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

I am not against capital punishment, and agree that this statement by illusionsaregrandeur would be a more appropiate sentence in this particular case:

"When will we ever learn how natural selection works and start euthanizing animals like him instead of just blinding them."

edit on 5/14/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

well said!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i feel for that woman but

look who we are talking about here a country that considers women to be their property

the guy didnt get his way and did that to her.

what does that say about them and for those people who agree with the retribution?

it tell mes for those who claim the moral high grounds to well shut the hell up about anything.

you people are no better than that idiot who poured acid in that womans face.

that really is pathetic.

this is comming from the right wing,nazi,woman hating,baby killer for which i have been called so many times.

the bible thumper in me says to turn the other cheek because its not going to bring her face back nor her eye.
edit on 14-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join