It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So sad that the "grown up" generations are unwilling to talk about how they bent over and let the corporate world rape the entire Western Hemisphere.

If only they weren't so busy feeling sorry for themselves and calling young people stupid and lazy we could get some work done and fix this crap.

Let it be known that the "developed world" fell to a bunch of old peoples' egos.

Sad. Not surprising.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

i am with you ! very god point,

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by righteousxcore

Touché, righteousxcore.
I'm disappointed and have no faith in the part of our generation that doesn't do what you and I do when presented with the opportuninty.
We will read about all those things and do and make some of them, maybe, but the rest?
I don't know what they'll be doing, that's up to them.
It's up to us to try and create a buffer zone into which they can ease.
Sorry, for the negative comment though, seems I was having a terrible day that day and decided to take it out on our entire generation.
No biggy.
*shrug*

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure I agree with this. I think there is a lot that this generation can learn from those of the years past. As soon as I started reading this I was reminded of an uncle telling me recently that this generation was on the cusp of another large wave of demonstrations and protests a la Vietnam....but I don't see this generation sticking up for themselves and demanding what they feel is right as publicly as previous generations. I was in Washington DC about a month ago and there was one small group of protesters in front of the white house who were demonstrating against Monsanto. There were about 12 of them and they all looked to be in their 20s. For how much unrest there is with were the world is at as a whole, we have a very strong sense of right and wrong and more specifically that we are being wronged, but not many in this generation are really doing anything to make big changes compared to the past.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TamyW
As an 18 year old 'youth' I can honestly say I would fear for my life if our generation were given the power to start making the choices. The trouble with our generation is our ego. We believe we know everything yet everything is handed to us on a plate with no real hard work or thought injected into it. It is not a case of 'were younger and more enlightened and you're older and more stubborn' it is a case of humans working together collectively to sort out the mess were in. However impossible that may be.

Really? I fear for my life now. Wall street, 9/11, the patriot act, coporations sending all the jobs overseas, and an on going war... all caused by people at least 20 years older than me. Oh, don't forget the fear mongering news and genectically modified food, yep I'm pretty sure old people are behind that too.

Also I was talking to this old dude on the bus yesterday and we were talking about books, and somehow got on religion. I told him that I think religion is outdated and he looked as if I had committed a crime. Lol, The Baby boomer generation has to be the most brainwashed group of people ever .
edit on 28-5-2011 by Teeky because: more

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Don't you need at least a law degree to work in politics or at least some sort of degree proving you know what your talking about. Thats just to be in politics right.. add those 4 to 6 year. what about say being in higher politics like say secretary of state.. Shouldn't you have a business degree on top of a law degree? thats what 4 years? How many more years of college does it take to be president.. So lets say add 2 years just to make it easy.You would have 10 to 12 years of college to be president so if you start when you 16 years old you could run one term. I can't imagine that paying the bills. No offence to anyone but i am 36 years old and I wouldn't want anyone around my age running for president. Wouldn't trust his experiences to lead the country.

Sorry but this storyline would most likely involve presidential shopping sprees and popularity contests. I am sure there are a few out there who would be smart enough don't get me wrong I just don't believe there would be much wisdom involved..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have a few problems with this idea. If the young take over they will just get older. Its just mother nature at work. So its as if you are blaming human nature. Don't get me wrong there is some older people I cant stand in politics and other things that go by their younger generation. Hey I am 21 years old and I understand how you fell. But remember you don't stay young forever. But the young are starting to get more of a voice than they used to compared to how things were in the 1900's to the 1940's.
edit on 2-6-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

The president of the united states for this year is the youngest we have had sense JFK. So in a way the young have already started to take over.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
So sad that the "grown up" generations are unwilling to talk about how they bent over and let the corporate world rape the entire Western Hemisphere.

If only they weren't so busy feeling sorry for themselves and calling young people stupid and lazy we could get some work done and fix this crap.

Let it be known that the "developed world" fell to a bunch of old peoples' egos.

Sad. Not surprising.

Corporations are cool bro. Everyone likes their products, but everyone hates the fact that others are rich but they are not. Every small business owner dreams of someday becoming a popular brand like Microsoft or Starbucks.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust kids (my peers) as far as I could throw them.

They don't know how to do anything useful. They are very good at spending money with absolutely no concept of saving (OMGZ CREDIT CARDZ, FREE MONEH DUDE!!!111one), the majority of them have NO idea how the world works outside of the US (if they even know how our government operates). Spare time is predictably spent exhibiting moral bankruptcy and watching reality TV.

I see a bunch of carefully brainwashed tools trying to model themselves after fake Hollywood personalities

You, in short, have a terrible idea that would spell disaster for this country.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Irregular because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Sad. Not surprising.

Corporations are cool bro. Everyone likes their products, but everyone hates the fact that others are rich but they are not. Every small business owner dreams of someday becoming a popular brand like Microsoft or Starbucks.

Oh, it has nothing to do with the fact that they have a legal responsibility to make more and more money every year, therefore losing interest in all concepts of quality of goods and services... It's not that the entire political system is compromised by corporate agendas for greed to supply more massive profits to the wealthy. It's not that the FDA is more concerned with giving you more symptoms of more different things to get you dependant on multiple drugs... "We're just jealous".... COOL STORY. Dismissive nonsense -- a "corporate sympathizer"... and I thought I had heard it all.
edit on 5-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Frater210

And for that matter what has your generation contributed to anything?.

Well you have given me a lot to work with... Allow me to give you a SMALL list of things my generation has contributed.

google
youtube
facebook
myspace
twitter
( All of which have been used in order to help bring freedom to countries sick of being run by tyrants)

Should I go into more detail? Should I go into government and political influence? In fact I WILL go into much more detail. I am in a hurry now, but watch out for my detailed answer to your close minded question.

Actually, I think the majority of these were founded by people who are now over 30, (except for Zuckerberg) which is the cut-off point being discussed in the thread. So those are all contributions of the 'old' people, (except for Facebook... and no big loss there, in my opinion) Maybe that was your point, but I wasn't sure and thought perhaps you were saying that the younger generation had contributed these, so I thought I'd clarify.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Who is with you?

All of the current 62 year olds who had this same idea back in '68.
edit on 5/12/2011 by Clark Savage Jr. because: (no reason given)

Right. Anyone who thinks this is "controversial" really doesn't have a clue.
It's anything BUT controversial, it's the oldest peeve in the book!
You can find it in ancient authors (by "ancient" I mean from Antiquity - as in Greece and Rome from reaaaaallly long time ago, ya know?)
But of course to do that, a person would have to know how to read and how to access knowledge in general.

What's scary is that in this age of informatics and readily available information from all ages - which, I suppose, is the technological contribution of the current 20-30 years old genertion? - the level of general knowledge and culture has fallen to appalling lows.

I would HATE to be twenty today. Their attention span is about the same as the lifespan of a cell phone memory card - not long enough to even generate memories.

Allow me to give you a SMALL list of things my generation has contributed. google youtube facebook myspace twitter ( All of which have been used in order to help bring freedom to countries sick of being run by tyrants)

Are you serious?
And how would they work without the internet, which was invented 40 years ago?
(Not to mention electricity, but let's not go there....)

This thread and this site in general is a real eye-opener.
What a depressing darkness it is that many people live in!

edit on 5-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX
Actually, I think the majority of these were founded by people who are now over 30, (except for Zuckerberg) which is the cut-off point being discussed in the thread. So those are all contributions of the 'old' people, (except for Facebook... and no big loss there, in my opinion) Maybe that was your point, but I wasn't sure and thought perhaps you were saying that the younger generation had contributed these, so I thought I'd clarify.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

YouTube was created by university students less than 10 years ago and bought by Google.

Jack Dorsey (iventor of Facebook) is was born in 1976, making him generation X, one of the "younger generations".

Congratulations on your contribution of Google, though, the only evil corporate entity on that list. Conversely their mission statement is "don't be evil", yet they'll bend over for anyone who has their checkbook open.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Congratulations on your contribution of Google, though, the only evil corporate entity on that list. Conversely their mission statement is "don't be evil", yet they'll bend over for anyone who has their checkbook open.

My contribution?

Anyway, I was only saying that technically they are not really considered the younger generation anymore, since they are all over 30, except for Zuckerberg, so they can't be used as supporting evidence for any generation that is under 30 now.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

Yeah, and we invented the technology, darlin. We designed the reality you now live in. We've forgotten more about science than you will ever know.

And don't believe that 'Indigo Child' bullcrap. You guys are nothing special, believe me, regardless of what mommy and daddy told you.

edit on 5-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
if children take over we can have a culture based on ego and the desire for sex-appeal, but who will feed them and do the work and thinking?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

When and if it becomes time for the USA's youth to run our government then we might as well just abolish all government, local, state and federal. This current generation of youth is the laziest and dumbest sack of potatoes yet that relies on technology to do there thinking instead of intuition. We might be alright if the government was a video game then I'd say we may have a chance to get this thing working again but how many kids do you see playing outside, using their imagination to create and construct toy's, tree forts etc. The current youth lacks imagination unless its related to a PC or Smartphone. When i got home from work today I sat on my front porch enjoying a cup of coffee and out of the 20-25 houses on my street with kids I did not see one of them outside playing and the weather was great, they were probably sitting on their butts watching some stupid reality show or playing World of Warcraft or some other online game. Seriously were in serious trouble when the youth of today govern this country. If and when that ever happens then it'll make my decision to move to another country that much easier.
edit on 8/6/11 by Aliensdoexist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Well, now you are just generalizing all corporations.

And what's wrong with seeking a profit?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

You're right, and they will be easy pickings for any belligerent nation. All they need to do is to disrupt the electronics, with an emp or similar.

The kids will come staggering out of their caves, sun-blinded and pale as a fish's belly...like zombies.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join