It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by peck420

ask yourself the basic question, wouldnt the world be a much nicer place to be in if we were just nicer to each other? this thread already divided young and old...IMO i think the older folks should be out of power, there should be no power system, just everything we have minus the drama

The inherrant flaw in this line of reasoning can be summed up with a very simple analogy that you can understand:

The school bully.

The bully isn't a bully until he finds someone who is naive enough to be nice to everyone despite what happens to them. To adults this is passive agression and it works in certain formats, but to a bully, this is weakness. When the bully finds out that he can control you and instill fear in you and get what he/she wants, they will NEVER let you out of their grasp until you make the hard choice to fight back.

The concept of a world where everyone follows the golden rule and we live in a unified utopia of vast culture and diversity is a beautiful idea, but I'm willing to bet everything I know and am that it won't happen for at least another 500 to 1000 years, a couple hundred more wars and probably an armageddon close call. (Let's hope for the best on this one)

We can be nice to each other, but there will ALWAYS be people out there that choose to focus their anger, hatred and bigotry on you, because you will let them.

...and what did you ever do to help change the situation, sit at your 'puter bitching about stuff like this?

How is this helping? How is making statments like this supposed to show kindness and assistance to your fellow man? IT DOESN'T.

It doesn't because you have not developed enough in your life to realize that it doesn't. You focus too much on the impersonal and impractical instead of the MEANING of statements. Picking out words that get your attention and then attacking people based on assumptions just adds fuel to the fire, not quenches it.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of any argument you have with any other posters in this thread, I merely wish to point out the GLARING IRONY in your last couple statements when put together.

To put it bluntly:

"Slow your role Beavis"

King

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapscallion

There is a huge difference between the hippies and the youth of today. The hippies actually got off their behinds and did something. They put themselves on the line and took their beatings. I don't know if most of these kids today will do that. It would mean that they would have to inconvenience themselves. I'm in my 40's and I'm not tired yet.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

balance...yay! theres the word...can you have balance with the older generations learned bigotry? (poor kids who have no chance in life, like those middle east kids who are taught who is "bad" and have to die for a "god"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

and whos heart is more pure, a childs, or an adults?

A child's heart is pure because they have never had to make hard choices.

2nd line.

A child's heart is more pure, because they have not lived long enough to be faced with decisions that require moral character, emotional and intellectual knowledge and experience. They lack any length of time in the real world and start with a blank slate and pure heart, some define as innocence or naivety, or both.

The true treasure is an adult who has established good moral character, emotional and intellectual knowledge and experience and they have used this to make the proper and right choices throughout their life, being self less and humble in the process, while offering good will and fair, balanced treatment of other life.

The older this type of person is, the more worth the pureness of their heart should carry to like minded individuals - regardless of age or any other identifying characteristic.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadBLACK

We just have to work to provide means for true education. Something that you lack.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

Untrue. The bully isn't a bully until he has been emotionally or physically damaged by his family or his classmates. Hate is the most useful outlet for insecurity.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

ya, and your showing me kindness by making me sound like an idiot(which i probably do) but nevertheless, if there were more people with my style of thinking, wed all be ok, my gramps and grams are old style native americans...(remember tho im canadian) so canadian indians, they used to live without anything, off the land, than comes the white man...now...i talk about bigotry when im saying white man..what happened to there way of living, it was share share, teach through wisdom, yknow, all that good spiritual stuff that indians do...now, i have nothing to do with that, im jus saying they had the right idea, and now they have nothing..simply because the whiteman came and took there kids away and told them to conform...native studies..a good eye opener, but in a way, also kind of bigoted towards white people..now..that is way off topic i know, but they did fine without all this technology etc...we knew how to live off the land and we found balance..where is it now...oh i feel so sorry for native people in america..the black man has more rights and it was there land to begin with....so yea...its all perspective and all that crap...and the native american people..(canadian version) HAD BALANCE and offered peace to the white man who totally SH!T all over it....yes, in a way i am very angry, but just like you arm chair experts, what can i do? who in parliament would take me serious...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

So why didn't your generation change the education system and see if it helped rather than blame the students when they need leading at a vulnerable age rather than given up on.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You should rename your thread....It's time for the immature to take over...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by Rapscallion

There is a huge difference between the hippies and the youth of today. The hippies actually got off their behinds and did something. They put themselves on the line and took their beatings. I don't know if most of these kids today will do that. It would mean that they would have to inconvenience themselves. I'm in my 40's and I'm not tired yet.

A few of them also lost their lives. To my eyes, the greatest difference is the fact that, regardless of the society they envisioned, they came from solid homes and possessed a far greater education. I'll place the stress on the latter point, as this is what bolstered their idealism.

That said, their youth led to stupidity like spitting upon returning soldiers. Yes, the war would have been over had everyone just laid down their guns, but that was a gross oversimplification. Their notions of an ideal society were untenable, but the lack of experience again led to dreams which were best left in their heads. This led to the destruction of the family unit, as well as our culture as a whole. We're still reaping the ruins of that break from tradition.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

if you young kids would watch the news and research the net . you might vote differently in elections.
therefore saving us old people some wasted worry time about the idiots that you put in charge.
also your behinds wouldnt be here if it werent for us old people.
thank god for the vets that have kept us free.
i am one in peace time only but i would have went in a heartbeat to defend our nation.
so you have the right to go to school that our gov. created to teach you to vote for the idiots.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

After reading one the Indigo Children books, about 5 yrs ago, I had come to a conclusion. These special children's abilities, can be found in more than just the children of today and just about anyone. So, for example, if you're autistic, or have ADD or are shy, or even have a high IQ, ask questions, are creative, have seen a ghost or alien, or even "think outside of the box" you can be considered an Indigo Child. Does that not make up a lot of people on ATS? The book can claim we are all Indigo children. Take the Indigo Child test?! See the holes.. It's more of a theory putting conditions, or thought patterns, IQ & EQ, together trying to market them as a "New Age of Super Children"...
So, you're 50 yrs old now, but you've seen ghosts as a child, that would make you an Indigo Child! Oh wait, you're too old!

Yeah, just for grins and giggles I went down the list, and discovered that I met ALL of the requirements to be an "indigo child" - except for the fact that I'm too old to qualify as any sort of "child". Looks to me like a feel-good marketing campaign to sell books that will just make folks feel good about themselves, by picking general traits and claiming there to be something "special" about them.

I gotta ask, though - how did you know how far "over the hill" I am?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by v0ice0freas0n

meh...so i lack written skills...what good is that when SHTF..i know how to live off tha land do you?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah sure we'll take over...don't worry we will keep you all updated via tweet and status updates while the world burns...only after we finish playing playstation though obviously...

Don't think this is the best idea not as of yet anyway...half the people my age I know can't even cook haha let alone do anything remotely important

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I still see this thread as a troll attempt to try and cause disunion between the older generations and the young! Its time for all of us to take over!
edit on 13-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added stuff

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
attempt to cause disunion? get real...its not a conspiracy, but it does show you that there already IS a division between young and old...afterall young minds think way differently than old minds

link   

...if only you can put your full smarts like that into something that actually matters say like, politics where its greatly needed

My attention is where it matters, directed towards an obviously troubled CHILD who spends more time hating himself for his failures as a person and as a parent and then takes it out on everyone else. Your blatant hypocricy is ripe with irony. I have enough problems in my own life to get under control before I could be ARROGANT enough to think I should go adressing outside issues. So for now I will focus on me and try to pass on some of my wisdom to troubled young adults like yourself.

...maybe well get somewhere, instead of wasting probably an hour to point out that im whatever it is you want to call me

Again with the assumptions, did you even bother reading my posts, or do you just pick out the words that you could label half-cocked "offensive" and hit the "auto-retaliate" button? I didn't call you anything, I didn't assign you a label and I didn't use foul language or aggressive replies to get my point across, this is called...Maturity; Something I'm sure you will eventually grow into. And considering I type 70+ WPM, I have no problem typing ten paragraphs in response to your poorly written and terrible one liners.

....as for the town, its called la ronge, saskatchewan canada

Thank you, I will have to look that up.

.....and i could care less about politics, politics nowadays is a joke and has nothing to do with what it was invented for...if that makes sense

Actually it makes a lot of sense. I hated politics as well up until a couple years ago when I started to see an actual impact that it had on my adult life, then I started to care. This doesn't mean I'm an expert in politics or that I care anything about how the system is run now; it does mean that your obvious dismissal of the entire system in favor of your own selfish ideas is what go us into this mess in the first place by generations before you and it will continue with your generation as well.

...again old timer, FAIL...like i said, put your effort into something that matters..OR shaddap

I'm sorry to say, but it it you that fails. 31 is hardly an old timer, I'm barely out of my early adulthood and just starting to get warmed up. With the average life span of around 80+ and considering I'm a non-drinker and non-smoker, I would say that I could reasonably assume I would hit my mid 90's barring any major accidents.

In regards to my efforts in things that matter, I rarely post unless I feel it matters, and for you I think it matters. I was angry like you once, but instead of taking it out on other people, I focused my attention on what needed to be done to get rid of that anger, and now my life is changing for the better despite my financial misfortune. It always gets worse just before it gets better.

As far as my replies to you, I am entitled to state my opinions just like you, I have that freedom in this country. so telling me to "shut up" as it is correctly spelled (at least ATTEMPT it.....Please) does nothing but waste your time, because the more you fight, the more I will respond to you in kind; again with your own irony. You claim to want everyone to treat people as I have treated you, yet you respond in aggressive fashion. Hmm.

He's doing the same thing you are, but looking ten times less dumb in the process. I am "young", but for the sake of our generation, please stop talking.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thanks for that, you are the Voice of Reason.

King

link   
reply to post by DeadBLACK

Haha, to be honest thats as reasonable a response as I can expect. Though your writing skills are meager, I commend your turn the other cheek attitude.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

any time

calls em like i sees em

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Here's the funny thing: In the US you have people 50+ whining about how stupid today's generation is. Yet, today's generation is not only going to college, which a TON of 50+ did not because it wasn't a necessity at that time, but they are also attending graduate schools at an extraordinary clip. So, the stupidity thing really doesn't hold any water. The real complaint of older people is that younger people are not mature. YEAH, THEY ARE YOUNG. The younger generation will be fine WHEN THEIR TIME COMES. The time of the younger generation is not now.

Well...
First of all: I'm not from the US. There are only 3 american things i like: The Corvette i drive, the Jack Daniel's i drink and the Detroit Red Wings i love...that's it.
Americans should learn that the world consists of more countries then "america" and "enemies"

I speak from my stand point: from germany, though i get enoug informations about the US on this site and several others.

I can put my message in perspective:
The younger generation doesn't give a # about anything.
Example: The earthquake and tsunami and nuclear disaster in japan. It was 'news' for about 3 weeksn, then people moved on and ignored it.
The disaster is still alive but the young people are now more concerned if "Lena" will win or get a good reaction at the 'eurovision song contest'. That's the big thing at the motto, a #ty pop 'music' contest for stupid people.
Do i really have to say more?

Honestly: If you people could understand german language, you ALL would be shocked. If you think Perez Hilton is a stupid website, i could present you about 5 german celebrity news websites that are even more stupid, they even make a big deal about an actress changing her hair because that's big and important news.

I once knew a girl, i wouldn't consider her my friend because she was quite stupid, i stopped talking to her after she made fun of the people who died in the 2004 asian tsunami, asking 'come with me surfin' and all. I was shocked, mostly because i know people down in sri lanka who sufered and me and my family send down care packets and other items.
And don't get me started on other young people. For some time i thought that only muslim people would have a problem with me (i'm in a homosexual relationship with my girlfriend since 2004) and i was more shocked when other, non-muslim youths began to harass me because of it, stupid comments and all.

And like i said i encounter a lot of young people. For example: Every year i'm at the Sweden Rock Festival. It's a fun time, mostly, there are older people but also younger and those are the stupid kids who think they are here to drink and have sex and every women will spread their legs. that's what i meant when i said, that most of them only think about party and having fun and behave like stupid idiots.

In the end...what should i say? I'm 25 and i lost all hope in the future, there won't be a future, once the older generation dies and the generation x takes over it's game over and there aren't extra lives or continues to make up for the mistakes those kids will do...because life isn't a video game.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join