It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
The differences between 20 and 40 and 60 are significant, but they may not be so important in comparison to those who are able to benefit from more than one lifetime's experience.

No, I'm not talking New Age reincarnation nonsense. But there are people who do accrue the advantages of multiple generations. They are often the wealthy, and some of the most powerful people in the world. We often like to call them the "elite", and the nobility is probably the best example of what I mean.

We might do better arguing about whether "their" considerable collective experience would do the world more good, but because many of us realize that it was they who really screwed the pouch, the point might be moot.

It wasn't the Boomers, or Gen this or that. It's "them", it's been them, it is them, and it likely will remain them.

No doubt a century from now, the great-grand-daughter of the bodaciously beautiful Partygirl, will be rallying her young generation to fight the older generation, once again conveniently placing blame on some segment of the despicable herd of nasty proles.

Meanwhile, the great-grandson of William "The Great" will be enjoying a hearty laugh as he toasts his new brides. Billions will watch the extravaganza, around the globe, and when it's over, will continue on as before...

"It's the Democrat's fault. It's the Progressives, or the Conservatives fault. It's the older generation! It's the Chinese! It's..."

JR
edit on 13-5-2011 by JR MacBeth because: (no reason given)

Very well said. One of the best posts in this thread. It's the Elite that have had the power to shape and extort from the world since the beginning. We, both young and old and still slave labor. Our cells are just decorated a little more beautifully. We bitch, moan, groan and point fingers while they continue to pillage and live life's of decadence.

Thanks for your kind words and shared insights, I agree.

I like the way you put that, our cells are just decorated a little more! Nice.

Our masters don't care if we're young, or old. We each can serve "our function" (as CS Lewis once put it), and if we sometimes get irritated with our fellow slaves, or perhaps we find ourselves getting jealous of the house-slaves, well, our masters are likely OK with all that! Nothing changes for them. Unfortunately, it changes little for us as well.

Of course, we would be most ungrateful if we didn't thank Massa for the extra decorations in our cells. He is a generous sort, is he not? Yes, decorations, bread, circuses for all! And if we must bitch and moan, then by all means, let us be polite enough to direct our misery at our fellow slaves, who just might have cells a smidge better than ours after all.

And pahleeze let us never bother Massa with such nonsense! He has much bigger fish to fry, as we all know.

JR

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Honestly, the slavery references and blackface-esque talk is a little bit offensive. I guarantee that you live a life far more fulfilling than that of a slave. Perhaps slavery could even be used as something with which, by contrast, we can appreciate how good our modern lives are.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

When we enter the mindset of group victimization, it simply gives us the means to devalue the human experience of the "others." Instead of putting your effort toward feeling negative about your place, perhaps you could re-allocate that effort in attempts to better your own existence.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadBLACK

I feel no hate toward you at all. I actually have an inkling of an idea what you are talking about-- that perhaps there is some profound empathy with which we as humans can all connect, but that we are easily jaded/distracted by (potentially) age/society. Its amusing to me that you realize your own communicative faults, but get frustrated for others for not understanding what you are saying.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

You lost me at indigo.

What a bunch of BS, your brains are the same as every other generation of humans in the past. Back in my day we had a different term for the so called indigo child. We called them narcissists.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

ya, and your showing me kindness by making me sound like an idiot(which i probably do)

I'm not making you sound like an idiot, you are doing that on your own and you've admitted it, I'm just pointing out your insecurities and TRYING to help you fix it so someone in here will take you seriously. You would be suprised how much father a properly written post goes than just rambling banter like your previous.

Paragraphs? They are useful.

but nevertheless, if there were more people with my style of thinking, wed all be ok,

And what style of thinking would that be? No motivation, acceptance of a dead end job and a home life on "simmer"; A lack of education and no care to even attempt to rectify it? No interest in politics or anything outside of your own little world and the stereotypes and assumptions that you have developed?

.....Yeah, I'm sure we would all be better with people like you running our country. As a previous poster replied, check out the movie "Idiocracy", it might be a real eye opener for you.

The majority of the rest of you post is a waste of time to quote and reply to individually because it is incoherant rambling, so I'll sum up a few points in reply:

Again you make assumptions about me. My father was a navy seal and grew up in the Ozark Mountains. I lived during my teenage years in a log cabin in Idaho with no modern amenities like Plumbing, Electricity or Running water. I was taught survival skills and how to live off the land. I could identify every tree, bush and piece of food that is safe/not safe to eat in the area as well as how to build survival shelters and how to hunt with nothing but a combat knife and sticks. I boiled water from the stream in our back yard and bottled it for baths, dishes and drinking. We had a Kubota Generator and six large cell Telephone batteries attached to Solar panels so that we could use lights a few hours out of the day. I had an outhouse, and yes it was cold as crap in the winter, especially with six foot snow banks.

You don't know me and how I was raised, yet you think I'm just some Arm Chair expert wishing to flex my typing skills.

I try and use my experiences to help other people avoid the mistakes I made, and by the looks of it, you are very angry with yourself, not over what happened to the native americans, that is just a cop-out so you have an excuse to label it other than your own personal failures in life thus far.

....yes, in a way i am very angry, but just like you arm chair experts, what can i do? who in parliament would take me serious...

First thing's first, focus on the most important things that are the easiest to fix, like your spelling, grammar and general education. No one in Parliment will take you seriously if you write, speak and sound like an idiot; you will be labeled as such. You can't expect to address a political group with anger, it will only get you thrown out, instead focus that anger into a solution for your own life, THEN go after the bigger issues.

You speak of balance, have you ever heard of Yin and Yang? You have to balance yourself out before you can focus your attention elsewhere.

King

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by v0ice0freas0n

im only human, you wouldt get frustrated too trying to communicate to a monkey

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by v0ice0freas0n

Untrue. The bully isn't a bully until he has been emotionally or physically damaged by his family or his classmates. Hate is the most useful outlet for insecurity.

Actually you don't have to be a troubled child to be a bully, trust me. Social stigma especially in public schools has enourmous consequences on developing adolescents. I don't necessarily mean the bully as a young child specifically, I mean any bully, even through teen years.

Social pressure to fit in is a big motivator to keep lower social circles oppressed, otherwise there would be no Nerds, Geeks or Jocks. Not everyone has a wrecked homelife to make someone else's life miserable. But much unlike the troubled bully, regular bullies will back down if you stand up for yourself and confront them on your own merit, thus earning their respect.

That was my initial point to Black. Hope this clarifies things. (Don't want to get side tracked on another topic, there is enough of that here already)

King

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

True. Perhaps we can interact with technology at a faster rate because we were exposed to it and developed immersed in it, but the inherent capabilities of our generation are, if anything, retarded by how easy information is to come by.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
so i get hated this is exactly what is wrong with today, you bigoted ignorant #s with your "i type 70 words a minute(who cares) u can understand my words as you read them, thats all that matters.....you would never ask a crackhead his poit of view (even if he somehow made so much sense)...what else...

Wow, that is all I can say. I hope you were just directing this blindly in retaliation to everyone and just adding a quote from my post because if you are adressing this directly to me, I'm sorry to say that you are delusional.

How exactly am I a bigot? I haven't said anything to give that impression, yet you continue to make half-cocked assumptions, something I'm noticing you are very good at.

And just because I can understand what you are saying doesn't mean you aren't being difficult.

......I also worked in Detroit for five years, so I know a little bit about how crackheads communicate, it isn't pretty.

yes I'm well educated and I can type very fast, what have you accomplished besides bashing other posters for your lack of effort?

Despite your attempts you aren't going to drag me into an insulting argument, I will still remain cordial despite your petty, ironic and hypocritical posts, so enjoy.

King

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

if you went to my highschool you would retract your statement...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

relax, dont get your panties in a bunch, i meant in general...the people with well thought out posts putting me down because i know nothing of the system...i jus live my life and get by and wonder why...ill never go to parliament because it is futile, the government here does not like the burden of indians...they hand over the money to our cheifs who become corrupt because they can do what they please with the money than piss and moan more to the government because all the money is gone and use the excuse that the government owes us....but at least canadian natives have it better than native americans...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Discrimination is discrimination, no matter how pretty the package.
You sound young and Ideological, and that obviously comes out in your thread.
I'm not that older than you, but i can tell you, experience provides wisdom (for those willing to learn0.
I understand you're frustrated with the current system, but again "Discrimination is discrimination", whether by age, color, gender, religion, etc. ( yeah, I have a business license & know the law ) .
All in all, i bet you've got a Che T shirt (killed a whole lot of people indiscriminatly - yet died a cowards death for all his rhetoric), and for me, that says it all. Grow up a little, and you'll see your attitude adjust.
BTW, wy not just resort to killing everyone over 30? Probably help a lot with the national debt.
Also, the "I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people" sounds a lot like my great grandmother who argued she wasn't racist because the gave the "n" words chicken once a week.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

You can say that again. It's a scary thought when you think about the current generation taking over. A lot are downright lazy, apathetic, naive, disrespectful, vulgar, lack manners and responsibility, and lack basic problem solving abilities. Businesses I deal with are chronically complaining about their poor work ethics and how they can't find hard working reliable young people. I really think the technology age has really made them lazy and unmotivated.

I remember when the first high tech thing "the TV remote" became popular. It made people lazy and they couldn't shut the TV off or change channels without using it. Kids before "the remote" became the "channel changer" for their parents.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Good post but ditch the generation X moniker. It's Generation Y that's the real mess.
Generation X is(birthyears) from 1975 to 1984 (roughly).

Generation Y is from the mid 1980s onwards...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Send everyone over,say, 75 to an island somewhere in the Pacific. They've had plenty of time living their aby boomer life. Time to get out of the way!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Pretty sure he's got a Logan's Run thing going on in his head. For those of you too young to know what I'm talking about, use some of the old folk invented tech and Google it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I'm falling off my chair laughing at your posts. It's sad, but everything you're saying is right on. The young generation today really needs to get their heads out of their butts and start realizing there are things much more important than texting, face book, video games, hip hop, MTV and celebrity tabloid news. God help us all!

edit on 13-5-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

Yes, and all that technology, Transistors, ICs LCDs were invented by people who are over 30 years old.. Some like Jack Kilby have passed on. Ever heard of Jack Kilby?

Any way, most of you "who grew up with technology", would be lost if your batteries couldn't be charged. What would you do if we have another Carrington Event..?

edit on 13-5-2011 by totoway because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by totoway because: spelling

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join