It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Partygirl
Who is with me! Youthquake!
Who is with me??
Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
What has my generation accomplished thus far? I don't know, it seems to me my generation created the tool which ultimately overthrew oppressive regimes in Africa and the Middle East (something your generation and generations before had been trying to do for YEARS). And oh yeah, my generation (as defined by the OP) has only been in the game for a MAX of one decade. So, I'd say we are off to a BLAZING start. Especially considering that we are now just entering the work force
1) The tool, that triggered the revolutions in the Middle East were the computer, internet, twitter and wikileaks - all of which have nothing to do with any kids leaving school. They are all products of people over thirty.
2) The idea you think they were proves your total lack of suitability for power.
3) The revolutions in the Middle East are run by Islamists, mostly old men Imams in mosques, not kids. The kids are the ones running around firing guns wildly in the air like idiots and shouting Allah Akhbar.
4) Your generation are the idiots that get 'inspired' by Obama The Tele Prompter Presidents speeches - you are the banal brainwashed Facebook Gneration who think your self improtant self aggrandizing equates to having done and achieved anything in life.
Sorry to awaken you, but it doesnt.
5) The fact you are just entering the workforce means you are about to wake up and realise you are just another drone like the rest of us.
You aint special.
You are just another cog in the machine like we all are / were.
Grow up and deal with it kid.
edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by righteousxcore
Yes, indeed it is about your intellect, as you have said as much.... don't you remember?
Your knowledge of a particular field, being greater than that of another individual, or group as a whole.
I am sure you can explain the questions I asked, but you might want to try the last one again... you were a bit off... 'explosion' and 'increase'?
So, a massive bomb goes off increasing knowledge? Really, maybe read the internet's answer a bit slower next time.
In the opening definitions, it is not an explosion that creates an increase... it is an 'increase' of new knowledge that eclipses the singularity event plane, which leads to an 'explosion' of new concepts, principals, and general knowledge at a scale unimaginable by humans - as a whole, and individual, an age demographic, race, or any other identifying characteristic.
The things you 'know' from reading the internet... let me ask you a question and please, answer it honestly...
If you and I were in a parking lot, or any other place where you may not have access to the internet, could you explain what you have learned from reading answers on the internet - in detail and correctly?edit on 13-5-2011 by esteay812 because: Tyops
Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by Nite_wing
k thanx, i forgive you sorry also man, your right, anger at TPTB is the fuel which we'll need though to actually start making a difference, young and old working together, like i said, i wish to see someone create a thread with peoples ideas and such on such changes and whatnot, it would be very interesting because i for one, have many ideas, even if unrealistic, makes sense ya have to admit, just based on right or wrong, but religion is a tuffy to overcome...
Originally posted by Soldier of God
This is the funniest thread ever! And proof that with age comes wisdom, the older peoples remarks are 10X funnier than what you little kids can come up with...
Originally posted by DeadBLACK
and whos heart is more pure, a childs, or an adults?