It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Deja Vu???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

I haven't read other posts so forgive me if i repeat something

Personally, i think Deja Vu is something you have dreamt of before, then you live that actual experiance.

Maybe its like a reminder, something telling you that you're on the correct path in life?

I love having Deja Vu

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as I have not read through all the pages of posts, but I believe Deja Vu is linked to astral travelling while we sleep. I read once in a leaflet I obtained by sending away from and advertisement in a magazine which was aptly named "How to Astral travel".
It stated that when in the astral state, you can either travel into the past, present or future. What I think happens is when we sleep (I say we, but maybe this doesn't happen to everyone), we unknowingly astral travel in the future, but because this happens in our deep subconscious, we do not remember it when we wake up. It is only when the task or situation arises again, is when we have that Deja Vu feeling.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hi in the past i have had loads of deja vu and just thought it was the brain registering it quicker than normal until about 10 years ago i was with my little brother (27 year old at the time) and was able to say exactly what was going to happen next and who was knocking on his door what they wanted .also what the next advert on tvwas going to be ,this lasted for about 20mins and freaked us both out .i still get the odd deja vu but never as long as that.

edit on 11-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
my idea of deja vu is seeing things youve already lived before. ive had deja vu regularly since i was young. every time its something ive seen in a dream. a dream that didnt make much sense to me at the time because i didnt know who i was with or where i was and then ALWAYS sure enough. i live those dreams. i beleive in reincarnation too. and im no genius by any means. im all alone out here like many of you others. but far as i can tell. as long as it keeps happening to me. im still on the right course for this life. im very confident about that. i wouldnt be saying anything at all if it didnt just happen to me last night. im generally very quiet on this site. but this is my idea and opinion on this issue

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I think what you have said hits the nail on the head ; )

I have to say that I tend to have De ja vu quite often and at times it can really freak me out - Autowrench I know you and I both made posts to a topic on ATS called HAD A CONFIRMED TIME SLIP. Would you say that that thread had some reference to De ja vu? I know that personally when I have had De Ja vu experiences I have also felt like it could be related to a time slip ???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am an Epileptic.

I have up to 1 minute of Dejavu before I slip into a Tonic Clonic Seizure.

Mind you, I also have every day Dejavu experiences, but these are nothing compared to the level I experience before I go into Seizure.

My regular Dejavu, that I'm sure everybody has, would be (by my experience) by comparison, about 10% of the intensity of the Dejavu in that 1 minute before Seizure.

Every sensory input that my body utilizes is thrown into over-drive. Not just the time and place, as most would have, but things like the conversation on the television in the background, for instance.

It is as I said, a lot more powerful than a regular Dejavu, and if I really want to use correct terms, it is a mix of both a Dejavu and Synchronicity.

Another strange thing that happens to me during this event is that I experience Aphasia. I cannot understand or speak English, even though I know what others are saying, I can't understand it. It is hard to express just how strange this phenomenon is.

My Aphasia goes a little something like this. When I am in the Pre-Seizure Dejavu state, no matter what anybody says, it all sounds like the same sentence. It is in a language that I have never heard, and most of the words either start with, or contain the letter 'S'.

I usually get small 30 second bouts of Aphasia about 4 or 5 times a day. I am never ever able to repeat the sentence afterwards, because I go into a state of trance, fixated on the mystery of the event I am experiencing.

All of this began back in 2006 when I had my first Seizure.

I got home late from work (about 3 in the morning) and as I walked up my back stairs I saw 4 'things' staring into the back window of my house. They were about 6 feet tall and looked like men covered in sheets, except they were basically shadows, see through. I guess their level of Opacity was about 70-80%.

I saw them and froze. Honestly, the first thought that came to my head was that they were either Aliens or Ghosts.

As if they sensed me, the things turned around and I began to run back down the stairs.

I felt a buzz on my back, like a small electrical charge. It felt the same as when somebody makes a deep sound in your ears, and it makes your body shiver.

I felt the buzz on my back, and I heard the sentence for the first time.

The next thing I knew I was standing in my apartment, my girlfriend was screaming and crying at me (even though I couldn't understand her, and I didn't know who she was, or even who I was or where I was) and all hell broke loose.

It took me about 10 minutes to learn who I was, and since then I have had strange things in my life, with super-strong Dejavu being one of the fore-runners.

So, to me, Dejavu has something to do with an Alien presence, here on Earth, whatever Earth is.

I believe our minds are open to attack or study and we can do nothing about it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I might have posted this befor (got that weird feeling I did but don't want to go back and look for it) but, I'll answer the question anyway even if I did.

Deja Vu, is a alblum (record) done in the early 70's by : Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young- It went "Gold" real fast
and still is a great!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Not all have come from dreams, but most. some also come from deep meditations.
Examples? My Wife... I remember when I was 10 being married to her. as well as having children with her also.
Also houses we have lived in. People I end up meeting. some are just mundane, but the ones that are repetitive are the ones I remember the best when the DeJa Vu happens. it also worries me of the repetitive dreams that have yet to come to fruition that are not so pleasant..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Ok how long have you been here then? Also how did you become immortal??

reply to post by Sippy Cup

Very interesting that you feel like things are missing. Ive never experienced/felt this before during deja vu. i wonder if other people feel this as well.

An also very interesting response from Immortalgemini527. Guess I will try it out as well, next time I feel deja vu coming on.

reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Thanks for sharing your views. Your going along the lines of the brain having an error and thats it. Possible for sure but some part of me just feels there is something else going on with deja vu.

reply to post by INSANCT

Yeah that was my problem with past life theory. That new technology (cars, etc.) were in it so it could not be from a past life. I like the idea of a parallel universe slip up and we are seeing that universe at the moment. Interesting possibility to say the least.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I definitely am with you on the first paragraph in that reincarnation is real and we are spirits/souls simply just traveling in this vehicle.
Interesting second paragraph. So if time was circular this all happened before then and everything keeps repeating itself. Then what is the point? Is there none. Or could time be more like a sphere and similar things keep happening? That kind of goes with Time-wave Continuum theory.

reply to post by Hawking

I think my parents explained it when I was little after I saw something and said I thought this happened before or something along those lines. Hard to remember things/conversations from when I was really young.
When was the first time you experienced it and who explained it to you?

reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Im following you there at the beginning and have always felt it had to do with the future and seeing it. I agree then they would mean everything has already been played out. Which then would lead to your questions at the bottom there. Do you have any answers for those questions?

reply to post by Hypocretes

Interesting, goes along with Immortalgemini527 was saying to not move or do anything while it is happening.

reply to post by minkmouse

Like everything in this subject all we have are theories, though the one you give is the one most people believe is probably the truth behind deja vu. That it is simply a mistake by the brain, though I feel there is more to it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by prodftw

Thanks for sharing. Definitely a strong possibility that that is all it is.

reply to post by tallblondealien

Interesting, maybe you should try what Immortalgemeni527 was saying and dont move or do anything when you feel deja vu come. Might be missing something small that could change the way things go when you have deja vu.

reply to post by ashtonkusher

Exactly! That is why I wish we knew more about this and that there was being done more research into the topic. It could be extremely important and we do not know.

reply to post by sumgai

Great post! Could not agree with you anymore that we should be taking time to look at the real issues in life. Not to try to figure out the HOW but the WHY, because in the end it is going to be a whole lot more important on WHY this is this way then HOW it ended up that way.

reply to post by yourmaker

More interesting that you had the dreams before you were told about him. How young were you when the dreams started happening? You did not answer one of my questions from before so I will ask again. Did he die before you were born and if so how long before? Or did he die after you were born? Also if you could explain your last sentence or two more in depth would be great.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

Exactly thats the thing maybe it was doctrined into us or maybe its just an error in our brain or maybe the future or maybe this or maybe that. The possibilities are endless, but I feel like figuring things like these out if we can are important.

reply to post by staple

Interesting that your deja vu came with vertigo. Got an example for us? Did that go away as you got older? I wonder if other people have deja vu come with other things, that trigger. Im sure there are and would love to hear others.

reply to post by dadfortruth1

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing. Thats a big time jump from when you had the dream to it becoming a reality. I wonder how that works, and why we do see certain things and not others. What do you think the significance of it is? Are we being shown the future for a reason, can we control this, ahh the questions are endless on this topic.

reply to post by Morbidness

I wonder why it seems to go away for people as they get older. Does are younger selves have more power with the ability of deja vu? Or are we just not aware of deja vu happening anymore as we get older?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamesprototype

Yeah that has been a growing them throughout this thread so far that we dream it and then when it happens get the feeling of deja vu. Because we have been there before in the future in our dreams. Yea the correct path has been mentioned and is interesting though it makes me feel like our future and fate are on set paths and there is nothing we can do about it.
I also personally love having deja vu.

reply to post by jamesthegreat

I love that idea, as I definitely feel when we are sleeping that we are astral traveling. It would then make sense we see things in the future and get that feeling when it happens in our life when were awake. It is a good theory definitely. Have you gotten into astral traveling? As it is an interesting topic as well and one I would love to hear about from someone whose experienced it.

reply to post by philware

Thanks for sharing, 20 minutes seems to be a long ass time. What did you remember it from a dream or did everything seem to pop just into your head? What do you think the significance of this is?

reply to post by grokthis42

Thanks for your thoughts, and I agree with them pretty much.

reply to post by visitor76

What about a parallel universe slip?
Deja vu always freaks me out, though next time I am going to try to be calm and see what happens.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Wow extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing those experiences with you. Have you gotten it checked out by someone on why you are having these seizures when experiencing deja vu? Also, the whole aphasia thing to me is perplexing. I wonder if there are other people who have experienced what you are, have you looked into that? What if its testing by whoever do you think the purpose of it is?
The first time it happened when you saw whoever it was, was it a significant day or one like any other for you? (before you saw them and had the seizure episode)
What are your thoughts on this, as I am sure since youve been experiencing this for around 5 years now, you must have done some serious research into the topic?

reply to post by RUFFREADY

Haha, Ill have to check that out.

reply to post by willie75

Do you feel like youve experienced this less as you got older or no? Im wondering if there is a correlation with age, though there probably is not.
Yeah, it definitely makes you think if the small things came true and the good things came true, then the bad things could come true as well.
Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by philware
hi in the past i have had loads of deja vu and just thought it was the brain registering it quicker than normal until about 10 years ago i was with my little brother (27 year old at the time) and was able to say exactly what was going to happen next and who was knocking on his door what they wanted .also what the next advert on tvwas going to be ,this lasted for about 20mins and freaked us both out .i still get the odd deja vu but never as long as that.

edit on 11-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

See my déjà vu moments are complete opposite in that I know that some person should in moments time be calling or knocking at the door and I sense it very strongly but it never happens. My déjà vu turns out like something is always missing/changed/different.
And you speak of that one time you got to predict the events before they unfolded.
That is where I feel every time I can do but as the moment it should happen it doesn’t, and to be honest I do not want it to happen, I always get a negative feeling about it. (fear maybe??, don’t want to get freaked out…don’t know)

This is all very interesting

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
More interesting that you had the dreams before you were told about him. How young were you when the dreams started happening? You did not answer one of my questions from before so I will ask again. Did he die before you were born and if so how long before? Or did he die after you were born? Also if you could explain your last sentence or two more in depth would be great.

he died a year or two before I was born from lung cancer, he started smoking overseas

the first one was after 9/11 but before iraq, 2002, I was 12 and remember this because of where I was living at the time

"really wish i'd remembered that one from the start, really big piece of the puzzle. "

when I started thinking back the dreams, I had left out this really important one that I had forgotten and only remembered when I began to think about my grandpa and dreams in the same picture, which was really random.
brought me back to it. it was really intense. instantly I knew they were like chinese or korean too

its a big piece of the puzzle because it represents a different style of dream for me, dreaming someone elses memories is as crazy as it gets.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Maybe that negative feeling affects it that way, try to stay calm when it comes next time.
Just a thought. This topic is indeed very interesting.

reply to post by yourmaker

I assumed he died before you were born, but you never know. Interesting that the dreams started for you around 9/11, though I guess it can relate to war and him in the war.
And yes dreaming someone else's dreams is pretty intense and extremely interesting.
What are your thoughts on why you are having these dreams?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
wait till you have a de ja vu where the past, present and future are tied into one. and you know what has happened already, what is currently happening, and what is about to happen all at once. its the trippiest most supernatural thing ive ever experienced. almost like being in a different dimension.

I have been there myself. It is almost like you slow down so that your brain can process it all...............

Is this really happening - now? I know this happened before. I know what's going to happen next...and then you do it -- almost with no control.

Totally bizarre.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've always felt that Deja vu is your soul going back to view different aspects of your life after you die. That feeling that you've seen a certain scene of your life before comes at notably different points in your life. I think that cross over of two conscious states gives you that feeling of familiarity. So then Deja vu must occur when you are on your right path in life.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

Care to share an example with us?

It would be great to hear your experience.

reply to post by 13star

So your saying your soul in the future when it comes back and views say today at 1, and hits our current souls timeline, we get deja vu?
Wouldn't that then mean if our soul is coming back from the future and viewing past moments in our lives, it would always give us this feeling when it did. This would mean that we are not necessarily on the right path but just on a set path that we can not change, or does it not lead to that?
edit on 5/11/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join