It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Deja Vu???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Without reading through the rest of the replies, I will give you two thoughts on this. First, contrary to popular religious belief, we are Spirits, not human beings, although we do ride around in them. We live in body after body, again and again, over and over, until we evolve into what we are supposed to be, I reckon. Reincarnation is real. You have lived before, and if you are not ready to graduate, as it were, you will live again. You do this until you get it right.

Secondly, time is not linear, it is circular, and it repeats itself again and again. Whatever is happening right now had happened before, and will happen again. Even the Bible say "Nothing New under the Sun." Clear now? Deja Vu is a remembrance of something you experienced before, in another time and place.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here's something to think about: Deja Vu is somewhat hard to explain, it's an abstract concept so...

-How do we all know exactly what each other means when we say "Deja Vu?"

-When was the first time you experienced it, and who explained it to you?

On a more profound note, it's also the name of a strip club in Cincinnati

edit on 10-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Deja Vu is a remembrance of something you experienced before, in another time and place.

NO, not just another time, the future.

All dejavues deal with the future, as you’re in the present from a time, to be in the past, as you’re looking back, in the future.

You see, 95% of all Deja Vu was from dreams that you had in the past, present to that day you had a dejavu.

So what does that mean?

It simply means, how in gods life can I have a dream 4 years ago, and it almost came true today?

WOW, I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE!
I’VE SEEN THIS BEFORE!

How did I see my self in the future?
How did I see my self in the future 4 years earlier from a simple dream?

BECAUSE THE BOOK OF YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN REOPENED AND READ AGAIN.

'THERE IS NO WAY IN GODS LIFE YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE WITH OUT THE FUTURE EVER HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE'.

But on the other side, if it is possible .

Then our futures and life was all planned out with out our doing, just like a video game of Sims…
Who’s really controlling/holding your strings ?
Who planned your future out ?
Who’s really controlling your destiny ?

Are we in a computer or somthing, can i atleast see whos playing me...can i atleast pick who i want to play me in my life...or yours...or mine,OURS ??????

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Ok I will do that, even though I know déjà vu doesn’t happen often.
You made a choice not to explain my experiences.

You made a choice not to explain my experiences.

Can you explain what you mean please

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I've learned for my self that when I don't say out loud or fully acknowledge that I'm having a deja vu I can, for a short time predict what is going to happen. Doesn't seem like an illusion to me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've often wondered about deja vu, what causes it. My uneducated guess is this. The conscious mind sends all input to memory for storage but for some strange reason, sometimes the memory, during storage, sends the info back creating a feedback loop. This feedback is nano seconds behind what the conscious is now perceiving so a division is set in perception. The conscious mind on interpreting the "now" and the loop info, is fooled into believing that it has traveled that path before. Well it is just an uneducated theory but I'll bet if we find out for sure, it will be something like that

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2011 by Sippy Cup because: it was a reply to and I didnt reply to the user

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

O well you come across as one with authority on the matter (not saying either way, but its how your coming across when you speak with such certainty and a matter of fact attitude) So you told me how to receive the complete information by doing certain steps, so I would’ve like to hear what you thought about my experiences with déjà vu when I feel something didn’t happen as I felt/seen it happening in my déjà vu moment( while I still feel I’ve been here done this before).
thanks

Here is that older post:
Something strange when I have déjà vu and I see/feel as if I actually something is missing.
To explain a little: Ok Im sitting on the couch, and I am with two people, everything seems like I have been here and done this exact thing, but the strange part is I will be expecting or seeing/feeling like Im about to receive a phone call from someone specific, but that never happens! In other cases in that deja vu moment I might see some specific person later or someone one will show up in moments, or who ever else is around me is going to get a phone call from a certain specific person but it never happens.
So Im wondering if things are actually being changed?

Happens every time I have déjà vu has anybody have or had this experience?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
A couple days ago I had deja vu and lately me and my friends have been discussing our views on the subject. I did a search and deja vu hasnt been talked about on here in a little while and I would like to hear the current ATS members' views on this subject.

Deja Vu to me is a very interesting subject and one that no one seams to know the real answer to, besides some theories (needs to be more research done into the subject). It also makes me think of The Matrix and the black cat Neo sees. If I remember correctly in the movie deja vu was a glitch that would happen when they changed something.

The definition in the dictionary of Deja Vu is "the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time" or "disagreeable familiarity or sameness." So, is it simply just that our brain is sending so many messages that it is getting confused about when it has happened and just simply is a mistake like an error for a computer and the messages its sending?? I know there are theories out there that go along with this saying that they get mixed up with the short term and long term memories, or that we have seen it in our unconscious but not consciously. But they are at this time still only theories.

The origin of the word Deja Vu comes from the French and means "literally, already seen." So does this mean that we have already seen this in the past and we are once again experiencing it or have we already seen it in the future and it is to say a blast from the future??? That goes along with precognitive deja vu thoughts and that what one sees and feels as deja vu could be what is going to happen in the future. That it is a little glimpse of what is to come.

What is everyones thoughts on Deja Vu, as I am still not sure as to what i think it really is. It is though something that bothers me a lot (as it does happen to me once in awhile) and something I believe that we need to do more research into and find more about. Who knows it could be something very useful if we were to figure it out and maybe it would not be useful. Either way it is an interesting topic to discuss about and I look forward into hearing others thoughts.

P.S. Its been a couple months since I have been on ATS (due to life throwing some curveballs at me) and it is a great feeling to be back and talking to some of the great people in the world that our here on ATS!
edit on 5/10/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

Deja Vu is just your brain skipping. It intakes the information and gets erased instantly and it retakes the same information again. (Think of a CD player skipping)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Deje Vu used to happen to me quite often, but I can remember no such occurrance in the last few years. I really don't know what stirs up these visions of past experiences, but I do believe them to be true. In some instances, I have seen someone who I know I have had some kind of contact with, but they fail to recognize me, at the moment of contact, and I cannot recall exactly the circumstance with which I have known them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Do you remember ever having dream about that day Sippy Cup ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i get deja vu everyday. literally everyday something happens to me that seems like its happened. i never rlly tell anybody because i have no clue what to even think about it, sometimes it leaves me standing there scratching my head, in shock almost because, i know its never happend but that gut feeling that makes you say "didnt this already happen?"

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

There have been situations (or Deja Vus) where I've said to myself, "not only have I experienced this situation before, but I remember saying that I had Deja Vu during said experience".

When I saw this thread, it just reminded me of that, and I thank you for making me think of it again.

I've noticed that during my most recent Deja Vu experiences, that I recalled having Deja Vu. Meaning (for the sake of arguement) that I've experienced the situation many, many times before.

This leads me to meditate on the Space-Time or Time-Space Continuum and whether or not TIME actually exists.

When starting on this path of meditaion I eventually come to the following epiphany:

Rather than be fascinated by the science/mathematics of Deja Vu, maybe it is a reminder that we should be focusing on real issues in our lives. In other words, rather than try to figure out the how we should be concentrating our energies on the WHY.

But the main reason I'm here, is because I'm interested in figuring out the HOW.

The why will be dealt with on my own, as it is more of a spiritual question, than a scientific.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by yourmaker

Hmmm, interesting stuff. So you felt like you were in one of his battles? Did he happen to die before you were born or was he alive when you were young? It was in a dream you said, did you have it right after your mom told you the stories, or before, or awhile after??

I had the dream before the stories and found out later by coincidence when me and my mom were having a beer last time I visited her, I ordered a Pilsner and she looked at me and told me it was his favorite drink, I then asked what happened in detail. I grew up with his army jacket and cantines, medals. there was a book i'd read that had all the places he visited. sicily and ortona, market garden, caen/dday, then korea.
the most amazing thing about this all is he survived so many battles, so many close calls that I shouldn't really even be here right now considering. really wish i'd remembered that one from the start, really big piece of the puzzle.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I was having De Ja Vu the other day with my friend... We were talking about what's going on in the world.. and we simultaneously experienced de ja vu..
I think it was something like the matrix.. I think if you've watched the matrix, and you begin to understand politics, and ever go a little crazier into it, you begin to see life as a matrix... well.. this life that we are experiencing.. And therefore it makes you think like you've been here before... At least it made me think that.. my friend agreed..
It may have to do with past lives, or the collective subconscious re-experiencing previous events.. or both.. Maybe we're from the future and forgot...

Who knows.. Now a days, the possibilities are endless..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

No I do not recall every dreaming about it first......
Just double checked and nope.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I had an episode tonight. My "original" is usually a dream scene. Most were from childhood. Some from more recent dreams. It is usually a combination of visual and emotional information. When I was really young Deja Vu came with vertigo.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I use to get deja vu's alot about 7 yrs ago when i was a lsd/e muncher. I have known at two job interviews that i had the job as i have had deja vus at the interview of me working there already, i actually knew what back room looked like before going thru the back.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i had an experiance that changed the way i see things when it comes to dreams and "deja vu".

About 20 years ago (i was in grade 5 or six) my friend and I used to share our dreams with each other.
Now jump forward to a few years ago; I was working away in a minilab (camera store) when i had a strong feeling of "deja vu" come over me.
Next i felt my hair stand up on my neck and goose bumps all over, as i recalled in detail telling my friend about a dream i had. In the dream i was sitting in front of a screen, and i was changing colours on the screen using a small keyboard. I was changing the colours by using letters on the keyboard (cmyk).
This is what made me remember telling him about the dream, I could remember finding the dream odd beause i could change colours by pressing letters.

Now the keyboard i used at work had six main buttons/keys two for changing density (light and dark) and four for changing colours cmyk = cyan, magenta, yellow and black. here is a pic of the keyboard

at that stage in my life i had never even sat in front of a computer.

I have seen my friend since this happened and he claims he can remeber me telling him that particular dream.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well, the short explanation is : a situation/place which you think that happened before/you went there before. It's very interesting, but I don't know many things about it. When I was younger I usually had many deja vus but it's didn't happened recently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join