It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?!? Schools Teaching about "Niburu"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I remember in my Biology book under the Origin chapter there were 3 different theories that it stated, the first was that a god created the universe, it only mentioned this in 1 paragraph. The second was Alien Hybridization (Alien Interference) of which they had about 5 paragraphs about this. and then The Big Bang/Evolution.

Why am I telling you this? Because Science books do have different theories. Maybe a kid asked the teacher about it and your child just thought the teacher was teaching it. from my experience with kids they tend to hear what they want when they want to lol.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Really I'm truly sorry some little sperm donor was upset with our math lessons, and I want you too understand that I'am not upset with anyone...perhaps the WTF is misleading....try more Scooby WUHUH? than that pissed off WTF...this is merely a way to gauge if others have had similar instances with their children in this vein. Children are jerks when it comes to a hard subject or hard teacher...I apologies for anyone swallowing that story from their kid and reacting in a negative manner... you got robbed on it sir, and I want to assure you I'm on no witch hunt.... my wife would kill me
I just want for resposible teaching, and you did your best to do so it seems, just got cornered by a jerk that can't face his own issues.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I've gotta call BS on this.

I think you just wanted to see how people would react.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, when I was a child in school between 20-30 years ago, we learned that:

- Columbus discovered America and was a super-swell guy

- Thanksgiving celebrates the awesome relationship between the pilgrims and the Native Americans

- Lincoln freed the slaves out of a moral obligation

- The "Gulf of Tonkin" incident was both real and was the actual cause of the U.S. entering into the Vietnam conflict.

- Pluto was a planet

- Egyptians built the pyramids with pulleys

- JFK was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald

Just to name some off the top of my head...

Many of these things are still being taught to the students today...I personally would not teach students about the possibility of Nibiru because it has not been proven, and would scare them for no reason; but in the grand scheme of things it seems fairly minor compared to many of the other obvious fallacies that have been and still are being taught.

-

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
well, they still teach christopher columbus discovered america....

but srsly, you should make sure it was taught in class, and not something over heard on the bus

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Lol Nice Pete. Its a fact, though nae say all you wish. If I was just a troll and flamer...I don not believe I would have been so easy going with some of the obvious other trolls as you have probably read
so just wanted to address yours in particular, above all else, I despise being called a liar from just subjective conjecture alone...thank you for the look into your issues in mankind though Cheers

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Once again as stated earlier it has been the subject of study in the class, The Solar System, I asked the teacher in question and she gave no direct answer other than text books and their support material change with the seasons.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
First, the context in which I am familiar with... If that context is a planet that has been identified by both magnetic mathematics and obscure mentioning in history...then what context are you referring too? Yes I am sad to report this is not a joke nor a troll nor any type of chicanery on I the OPS part. Lastly I do not whatsoever take any type of chagrin or offense to the flogging... its sorta late and this truth hit my like a ton of bricks...someone is okaying the teaching of alternate planets and cataclysmic events, just want to know if I'm a lone canoeman..
i hear they may have found a new planet www.ctv.ca...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Lol Nice Pete. Its a fact, though nae say all you wish. If I was just a troll and flamer...I don not believe I would have been so easy going with some of the obvious other trolls as you have probably read
so just wanted to address yours in particular, above all else, I despise being called a liar from just subjective conjecture alone...thank you for the look into your issues in mankind though Cheers

You're welcome....I still think you're full of it and next week you'll be telling us that they're teaching your kid about the Chupacabra in Animal Science

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That would be molecular biology grade 4 down the hall too the left.

First day time visiting?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Not my problem if you do not believe me man, it isn't part of my agenda to make every single person satisfied in life. Hence not giving you what your after, some sort of tirade on how you have no idea what your talking about and there is no way for me to prove to you otherwise. So in short your silly....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I looked at the link, and I'm a little confused, that is the second Temple! mission from this Valentines day flyby.. Did I miss something, or perhaps a different page was meant to be linked? Thanks for the info though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Would like to know what the "teacher" has to say about it. Could be a lot of different explanations for this, including maybe a teacher desperate to get off the "track" and introduce something into the curriculum that gets the kids interest. If the topic gets the kids interested in science and astonomy, if that was the intent, it's probably all for the best, but still, the whole thing is still a little out of context, but would love to find out more if your going to follow up on this,

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Sure seems like you had enough material. You could easily have witten two paragraphs of your own text in the OP.

TWO PARAGRAPHS ARE THE GUIDELINES ! It's not that much.

edit on 11-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Let's see, you post a lil half a paragraph accusation saying their teaching about Nibiru in school. ( highly doubtful ) You don't have any respect for the guidelines of ATS no evidence to back up your story..

I call B.S.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
The only people who claim Nibiru will collide with earth are disinfo agents and the gullible few who parrot what they say.
The few who truly know say nothing while those who believe in Nibiru know that we will pass through its tail and possibly half the globes population will perish!
edit on 10-5-2011 by lestweforget because: important add.

Wait what? Serious? I need a source!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I understand curriculum needing to change to fit the facts, however the facts must be solid is all I'm saying..especially before you dump it on a 9yr old. Just so its clear, we are so open about ELEs around our house that we are planning to go to the "End of the World BBQ" at Yellowstone august 2012 Last Chance CheeseBurgers my specialty come find me!

I hate to tell you but the teachers, principles, approved textbooks dump Lies on 9 year olds all the time. No facts or very distorted facts.

Ask your child Who was Christopher Columbus? They will say He discovered America. Opps, wrong answer. America was discovered many hundreds of years before Chris sailed, in fact, Chris had a map of the world that showed America on it.

Get and Read this book: Lies My teacher Told Me by James Lowen sundown.afro.illinois.edu... It details many popular Myths being taught to our kids as truth and fact. James shows you were the lies are, presents the truth and examines why the text books are written in a misleading manner.

The true story of the mass murderer and pirate Christopher Columbus is included in this book as well as many others. read a copy, you will be shocked.

Best thing anyone can do is pull their kids out of public and private schools and home school them with true verifiable facts. You think your giving your kids an education, you are really doing them more harm that will last a lifetime.

edit on 11-5-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

I looked at the link, and I'm a little confused, that is the second Temple! mission from this Valentines day flyby.. Did I miss something, or perhaps a different page was meant to be linked? Thanks for the info though.
yup there are two news reports on there, one about the comet,then another about a possible planet ,think you have to watch the comet report,then other report should automatically follow

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There isnt anything to link, there isnt anything to post other than what I have already given you so I apologies for not having enough fluff to open with, however if it seemed so shy on the opening and I was outside of ATS guidelines, wouldnt a moderator have shut this down, you can throw accusations all you wish, however the truth is the truth, my child was learning about Nibiru. As well as it would seem other parents at least 4 from the thread having similar experiences, what do you want signed affidavits from other witnesses a scathing video whilst I needle the teacher, If I fell outside of the rules, I would have been dealt with. you can call me a liar all you wish, it does not bother me because it is unfounded.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

There isnt anything to link, there isnt anything to post other than what I have already given you so I apologies for not having enough fluff to open with, however if it seemed so shy on the opening and I was outside of ATS guidelines, wouldnt a moderator have shut this down, you can throw accusations all you wish, however the truth is the truth, my child was learning about Nibiru. As well as it would seem other parents at least 4 from the thread having similar experiences, what do you want signed affidavits from other witnesses a scathing video whilst I needle the teacher, If I fell outside of the rules, I would have been dealt with. you can call me a liar all you wish, it does not bother me because it is unfounded.

No You haven't broken any rule or law. It's just that so many minimals are being posted nowadays. When I first joined I rarely saw one. Just trying make sure people know this hurts the quality of ATS and you seem to have a
good attitude towards me pointing it out. So any way, now I know you know and most likely will avoid doing so.
If you can help it. Your opinion on any matter you bring forward, is the driving force for discussion and debate.

Speak.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I want to thank all who have participated here, the discussion got on a little more than I believed it would, however in summation I believe we can agree that Teachers are not watched as closely as we would like and that it may not be possible for a teacher to separate what they believe to be true from their lessons, the most damaging being unfounded science, the top ones on the net seem to be 2012 Nibiru and Creationism and new spin on Ca social studies which I will not discuss, fun stuff, I hope that this thread enables parents to more readily ask questions of their child's daily teachings and should these areas of fringe science continue to pop up as wrought, post here you are not alone
thank you again Randy your a gentle shepherd, thanks for the advice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join