It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?!? Schools Teaching about "Niburu"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was also surprised when my son last year , 3rd grade, came home and told me he learned about a new planet named Niburu. And was very upset that his teacher told him Pluto is no longer a plant, I have always included Pluto and I don't care what they say..it will remain a Planet to me. Was very odd that they teach this in grade school but yet we are told it does not exist. I do not know if it was the teachers belief that Nibiru does exist or that it was part of the curriculum

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Actually I remember being taught about a possible extra planet when I was in grade school. It was the first time I'd ever heard of planet x and it was fascinating! Maybe now they decided to go with the more popular name of nibiru instead of planet x, which was what we called it in the 80's.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by controldiction

Ok I dont wana get into a discussion of Nibiru or anything else, I came here to post because the OP states that her 9 year old is being taught about this Nibiru in school, now you post this comment!

This then could be proof that it's in the curriculum. It would good to go and make an issue of it both your self and the OP at the school. Go see the teacher who taught them that.

I dont think 9 year old kids just suddenly happen to be speaking about the planet that will collide with Earth in the school patio, for no reason.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is why individuals who frequent conspiracy sites shouldn't be placed in charge of teaching children. (I kid)

On a more serious note, this was probably the teacher just going on about something or another that they heard. I have great doubt that this was an administrative decision.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Their trying too teach them future History THEIR possible future history,, or do we all think that things like what happened too Japan, just happen else where?

It's not for now but a possible later.

I say go for it i'm in favour ,, It would be like banning,, the "in case of nuclear war generation" from doing the stop drop thing.
It was done in preparidness, just in case, and looking from the Kenedy years they were almost right.

Ya your right what happened too Japan has everything to do with the all magical niburu

link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
My child, 9yrs old, has come to me with some very strange news..the teaching of Niburu in a 3rd grade class?... This was a shock, even further, when a friend questioned my daughter on the subject, she dispassionately divested, "The planet that may collide with earth." Okay folks, that is above the normal curriculum, I put this out as a statement of today's education system, and ask, has your child been learning about the solar system in the same pretext?
edit on 10-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: re-Re-check

Your child's teacher must be a member here. A bit too young to be instilling this kind of fear....

link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I have great doubt that this was an administrative decision.

Well I hope not because if such planet has not been officially recognized then how can it be officially taught in the school, it's actually quite serious.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They Also teach Greek Mythology, so what....

Hercules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can make your own choices about what you believe is real even if school says so.

:-)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Opspeculate

I never got taught in school about an extra planet Nibiru, did you?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks for all the response! this is excellent return
Truther I appreciate your zeal for not limiting ones horizons, however, my child has access to a library of philosophical, religious, and esoteric books that most kids wont see unless they enter a collegiate course specific to this material, even then I think some parents would be uncomfortable with the subjects, so limiting my child's breadth of knowledge was never the topic, that being said, what is at hand. Is a topic that is still on the discussion block with Fringe science and people like us
not that we are any less valid in the discussion just, not as educated on the hard science ends, and even those areas are still argued upon, which in MHO is an area that hasn't been vetted for 3rd grade discussion, as well as any other Fringe discussions that parents have brought to the table earlier in the thread, I believe that Richard Freund found Atlantis, however until it is dug out of Spanish soil, it can not, as a matter of teaching proper scientific principle to our children, be printed and taught as wrought.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

For real! This is some stupid stuff. I get tired of hearing about "nibiru" all of the time and mow THIS?! unacceptable. I'd like to hear why they're learning this junk when they could be learning about real science.

Real science? you want to learn about real science? for all you know EVERY SINGLE THING WE KNOW could be a down right lie...you cant prove me wrong in ANY way shape or form. schools around the world are teaching straight us BULLSH!* that NOBODY CARES ABOUT. only the ones who are "told" how to live their lives get A's all throughout life and 4.0 college like its nothing. the REAL science is the study of OTHER civilizations and other astronomical FACTS. not this CRAP humans are trying to spread...look where its getting us...NO WHERE.

im sooo fed up with 98% of the people i meet on a daily basis. working in customer service you really see the ignorance that is in this world. we all deserve to perish for our arrogance and ignorance. this is NOT what God wants...if he exists

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Strictly speaking the notion of a Planet X WAS spoken about in science class when I was in Primary school, but only because it was briefly mentioned on the children's programme Newsround.
That was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back though.

Probably some kid got wind of it & brought it up in class too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'd bet money that your kid's teacher is a member on this forum.

Either that or her kid heard it from another kid at break time...Did your daughter actually say it was being taught as part of a structured lesson, or simply that she learned about it at school?

A friend telling her about something she heard her mum or dad talk about at home, could be thought of as something she learned at school.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Yes.... History.... 6000 year old story... Almost all change it to sound like the bogeyman or divine truth. It's a 6000 year old story written in stone with interpretation only. Nothing more than any other story. It my be true... or not...

:-)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It was part of the discussion, not schoolyard talk, actual in class learning about the solar system, she has been on this particular subject the last week and very forthcoming with what she learned about which planet or planets that had been the topic of discussion that day.......... as you may have read, or not, other posters have had similar stories, one exactly the same, as to Planet X being spoken of as when we where in our childhoods, yes but only as a "Yeah there are some crackpots that believe there is another planet out there...psshhh". I understand curriculum needing to change to fit the facts, however the facts must be solid is all I'm saying..especially before you dump it on a 9yr old. Just so its clear, we are so open about ELEs around our house that we are planning to go to the "End of the World BBQ" at Yellowstone august 2012 Last Chance CheeseBurgers my specialty come find me!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Panic, brother, that sucks, Customer Service blows, and yes we are probably not spot on what any one would call civilized, but perish over it...nope, there is always room to have hope...because no one Friggin knows!! there is nothing ever set in stone until it happens, next people like being stupid it keeps them sleeping calmly and not bent on shotgun Darwinism, don't fault the sheeple, this is just something that needs to be cross referenced with many other eyes, this is the best place for that to be done in a semi-rational manner, thank you all for the open discussion

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Im happy you understand

i would be majorly concerned if i had a son/daughter and was like whats Nibiru haha

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I actually want to either cry of kill myself reading this. Kids need real education tell your kids teacher to get off ATS skunkworks and do her god damned job.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earthbell

lmao a type of man called a jesus lmao

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps the child isn't explaining everything the teacher said. I was a Math teacher at an inner city high school. After the movie 2012 came out my students wouldn't stop asking me about what happens when we get to Dec. 21st 2012. Well I prepared a lesson on all the different "theories" out there on the internet.

The way i worded the lesson was very important. I used the terms "theory" "guess" and "probably not true" often. They asked me my opinion and I gave it...

A few days later the student who was the loudest about asking me the 2012 questions and really pushed hard for that lesson told his parents that I said the world would end. Now I never said that, and had to explain to the parents that i was satisfying their curiosity.

Everything turned out OK in the end and the parents actually thanked me for giving the lesson because he was just as annoying to them about it as he was to me.

Before getting all angry at a teacher and starting trouble realize that the student is not likely to repeat everything the teacher said, just the parts that stand out or what they want to remember about any lecture. Going all crazy about what your kid says about a teacher is a great way to get an innocent person fired.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join