It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?!? Schools Teaching about "Niburu"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My child, 9yrs old, has come to me with some very strange news..the teaching of Niburu in a 3rd grade class?... This was a shock, even further, when a friend questioned my daughter on the subject, she dispassionately divested, "The planet that may collide with earth." Okay folks, that is above the normal curriculum, I put this out as a statement of today's education system, and ask, has your child been learning about the solar system in the same pretext?
edit on 10-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: re-Re-check

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Lots of awesome info, thanks.

Must have taken a while to compile that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I think i understand what your saying....but it is a little hard to follow.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Short syllabus!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dont you have anything else to do...my finger clicked on the mouse....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Go to your kids teacher and ask them WTF is going on.
Better still, the Principal

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I have only been here a short while, but it seems like it is tradition to post nonsense like we did when the OP accidently posts an empty post. Its all in good fun, this site can use some once in a while.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
WOW there already fearmongering your child that's sad instead of given them real knowledge they basically telling your kid your going to die.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I doubt it very much that they're teaching about "Niburu" in the context you're used to because of this website and YouTube and others. Perhaps when they were learning about the solar system, the teacher told them the theory about the possibility of a hidden planet within our solar system & not some Death Star on a collision course with Earth.

+13 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'd bet money that your kid's teacher is a member on this forum.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

For real! This is some stupid stuff. I get tired of hearing about "nibiru" all of the time and mow THIS?! unacceptable. I'd like to hear why they're learning this junk when they could be learning about real science.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Their trying too teach them future History THEIR possible future history,, or do we all think that things like what happened too Japan, just happen else where?

It's not for now but a possible later.

I say go for it i'm in favour ,, It would be like banning,, the "in case of nuclear war generation" from doing the stop drop thing.
It was done in preparidness, just in case, and looking from the Kenedy years they were almost right.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The only people who claim Nibiru will collide with earth are disinfo agents and the gullible few who parrot what they say.
The few who truly know say nothing while those who believe in Nibiru know that we will pass through its tail and possibly half the globes population will perish!
edit on 10-5-2011 by lestweforget because: important add.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Learning about Nibiru in third grade!
Are you sure she didn't say she has "No Biro" ?

My niece just learn't at school that "a type of man called a "Jesus" came back to life after he was dead and stopped everyone from smoking" !
Depending on the context, it can't hurt if the kids learn about "nutters" from an early age.
However, assuming the Annunaki return soon for another crack, she will be ahead of the pack.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Can you elaborate exactly what the child was told?
I would be very interested to know.

Also, curriculum's in Ontario are made by a group of teachers selected by the government, my 6th grade teacher was absent a month for this. I don't know if its similar everywhere but the idea could have come from a teacher.

However, I don't think it is part of the curriculum, just an addendum from the teacher more than likely.
edit on 10-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
First, the context in which I am familiar with... If that context is a planet that has been identified by both magnetic mathematics and obscure mentioning in history...then what context are you referring too? Yes I am sad to report this is not a joke nor a troll nor any type of chicanery on I the OPS part. Lastly I do not whatsoever take any type of chagrin or offense to the flogging... its sorta late and this truth hit my like a ton of bricks...someone is okaying the teaching of alternate planets and cataclysmic events, just want to know if I'm a lone canoeman..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just because something was mentioned in the classroom doesn't mean the teacher was trying to teach it. One of the other kids probably brought it up and the teacher did the best she could about it. If you have 6 kids disrupting class talking bout niburu or getting the other kids worked up about it, they more than likely asked if it was the first they heard of it. So the teacher had to deal with it if your kid came home crying saying teacher ignored me you'd probably be just as upset.

This won't be the last weird thing your kid hears I wouldn't worry.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There are so many other more important ideas and concepts at that age a child needs to grasp before learning bout Nibiru. Maybe in the appropriate university classes it could be beneficial. Remembering this thread is not a debate about Nibiru's existence or that it once, maybe existed!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well it's not much different from a lot of the BS that's part of the official curriculum.

At least it's entertaining

But seriously, not only has the official curriculum been dumbed down, but it's generational at this point.

Many stupid people are teachers these days.

I thought the majority of my teachers were a bit idiotic, and that was 10-25 years ago.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Hahaha, wtf. If I were taught about Nibiru at a young age I'd # my pants. Crazy school.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join