It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?!? Schools Teaching about "Niburu"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I have always had an issue with the way teachers can stray from the curriculum.
But it cant be any worse than the crap they teach in history classes and that is in the curriculum.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'd be at the school like a shot and first politely inquire of the teacher as to whether it was really being "taught" by the teacher? It could well have been that a child asked a question and the teacher caught off guard just answered it. A 9 year old communicates fairly well, but if I recall, at that age they still muddle things in the retelling sometimes.

Now if indeed it is being "taught" I'd escalate to the principle and get some answers.

I don't have a problem with this being a topic of discussion for say, a current events segement in high school. But it's way too much for younger children to be being taught.

What exactly is it your child said they were teaching?

And by the way, my girlfieind here in GA JUST mentioned to me that her son (11 years old) came home and told her they were doing a segment on 2012 at school (not Niburu specifically and I don't know if they mentioned it but will try to find out). She went in to the school yesterda to get more details. Will let you know the result.

This is pretty nuts.
edit on 5/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Nah.. maybe some kid heard about it at the bus stop from a 5th grader, and started small rumors around the class and one kid probably started panicking and told the teacher and the teacher told everybody what it was about and told em it isnt real and some kids probably believed it was real anyway. These little kids in the new generation have their own mind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
First off, what a pretty picture (wolf). Now, today I saw my sister doing some homework, so I decided to take a look at it (she's in 3rd grade). Behold, it was all about earthquakes.

Just thought I'd mention it, seeing how we're experiencing unusual seismic activity.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If your kid hasn't learned the word 'Niburu' from you, then they probably talked about it at school, but unless you ask the teacher about it at the next parent-teacher meeting, you won't know how exactly the topic came into discussion.

My 12 year old came to me several weeks ago, they talked about the maya calender in class and the teacher told them about how 'some people' believe the world will end in 2012. There where just discussing the different theories and the mysteries around the Maya's knowledge in astronomy, nothing more then that. Of course, 12 and 13 year olds just love to hear doom theories and scare each other.
Nevertheless, she took it home and did worry about it so I had to take her appart and educate her on the topic in a less doomfull way.

You'd be surprised what kids worry about at young age, they may not tell you but they keep thinking about stuff like this so you better talk to your kid and make sure he isn't scared by Niburu.
edit on 10/5/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Whats Nibiru?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nibiru is, as some believe a 10th planet, well 9th seeing as how Pluto's card got revoked :p...wait then given back, so yes the supposed 10th mystery planet that orbits our solar system on a long ellipse, so we don't see it, however, there has been theories bandied about ghost magnetic disturbances that can only be caused by a planetary body....meh...there is your short Nibiru answer
I did ask my child how this came up and she said that the teacher brought up Pluto and how it may have been one of "Planet "X"s original moons.... So, this afternoon Iam going to have a chat with said instructor and ask what has changed in standards of education, to where children are learning about ELE conspiracies and ancient doomsoothe.. Thanks all for the response, crazy doesn't begin to cover this
Cheers and keep your eyes open!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We were taught about Marven the Martian who rides on planet x in loony toons cartoons..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Whats Nibiru?

Its said to be a 4th dimension flag shp on its way or a celestial body named planet x.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Nibiru is actually supposed to be a planet that orbits the Suns binary companion, a brown dwarf called Nemesis. When Nemesis passes through our solar system, Nibiru is the planet that swings in closest to earth, causing havok.

Just sayin......

edit on 10-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ah thank you Heli, you see I only know the ever so basic bits, thank you for pointing out the Nemesis connection. at least it was "CONSTRUCTIVE"
as was earlier stated, the thread is about what is being taught to our children not a debate as too Nibiru's existence, if there is a god hammer out there in the black bearing down on us...then at least it will be an epic, and entertaining way to go!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'd bet money that your kid's teacher is a member on this forum.
Haha, that would be funny wouldn't it. We have an "insider" guys. Time to teach kids what reality is really about!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

My child, 9yrs old, has come to me with some very strange news..the teaching of Niburu in a 3rd grade class?...

yeah well they are also teaching "Intelligent Design" in schools so there's your answer.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
Ah thank you Heli, you see I only know the ever so basic bits, thank you for pointing out the Nemesis connection. at least it was "CONSTRUCTIVE"
as was earlier stated, the thread is about what is being taught to our children not a debate as too Nibiru's existence, if there is a god hammer out there in the black bearing down on us...then at least it will be an epic, and entertaining way to go!

I have a hard time believing a teacher would suggest these types of things to a third grade class. Are you sure that perhaps it wasn't brought up by another student and there was perhaps some mild conjecture from the teacher?

I mean, I guess it's possible but in this economy, seems it would be a risky thing to do on the teachers part since I can guarantee this is not something school administration would be ok with. Probably, the best thing to do is to try to speak to the teacher directly about the issue and see what she has to say.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Your kid probably just heard it from another child. I can't imagine schools teaching about Nibiru as 99.999....% of people have never even heard the term.

ALS
edit on 10-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, what else do you expect American schools to teach? English and Math?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
so because of your views
you limit what your children learn

is this not willing
acceptance of ignorance

i may not believe in religion
but my child may wish to

i may not find it within myself
to believe an official government lie

but they might
i would not force my views
to limit some one else
learning

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
If your kid hasn't learned the word 'Niburu' from you, then they probably talked about it at school, but unless you ask the teacher about it at the next parent-teacher meeting, you won't know how exactly the topic came into discussion.

My 12 year old came to me several weeks ago, they talked about the maya calender in class and the teacher told them about how 'some people' believe the world will end in 2012. There where just discussing the different theories and the mysteries around the Maya's knowledge in astronomy, nothing more then that. Of course, 12 and 13 year olds just love to hear doom theories and scare each other.
Nevertheless, she took it home and did worry about it so I had to take her appart and educate her on the topic in a less doomfull way.

You'd be surprised what kids worry about at young age, they may not tell you but they keep thinking about stuff like this so you better talk to your kid and make sure he isn't scared by Niburu.

I wish I could give you a flag!
You are right, one never knows what might frighten a child.
My middle childs birthday is 12/20 and we do joke around a bit about the whole Mayan thing, and he is 14 now. And they do love gloom and doom stories. But I could see it was weighing on him a bit, and like you I did discuss with him in a more child friendly way. I told him my thoughts (the calendar carvers assumed that a better and quicker way would be discovered for making the calendars) and no one would actually know until that day. And to live life to the fullest each and every day.

He thought for a moment, and I could see the worry lessen on his face, and then promptly said "But Mom, when I do, that is when I get into trouble in school!"

Yes, we both had one heck of a laugh, but that is so my son!

To the OP.
As a parent it is within your right to speak with the teacher about anything your child learns. Why not just ask after school one day "Do you have a moment, I would like to discuss something my child said the other day"
Put your fears to rest and simply ask. Like many have already said, it was prolly brought up and then quickly discussed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
so because of your views
you limit what your children learn

is this not willing
acceptance of ignorance

i may not believe in religion
but my child may wish to

i may not find it within myself
to believe an official government lie

but they might
i would not force my views
to limit some one else
learning

I think the issue at hand is if this in fact was being taught by the teacher to a third grade student it is kind of reckless information handed out to a child without parental consent.

Remember, Nibiru, is after all, a doomsday scenario, thats quite a thing to put on a third graders plate and quite frankly information like that should come from a parent before a third grade teacher.

That being said, I think it is more likely that another student brought the subject up because it was be talked about at home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join